Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

"Pardon me, sir, so sorry to bother you but may I please arrest you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Had beers with the team after work today and then came home and drank a saison brewed by a dude I work with

It was so good

Now I'm just hanging out with my dog, loving life. I've worked 11 days straight but still feels good

DrakeriderCa fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 1, 2014

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
1st time in 4 years I've had no calls on my standby weekend :)

That means no OT tho :(

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Playing in a rugby game where it's Constables vs Sergeants and above. I'm the only Special as well. Time to make friends and abuse senior officers, then probably get drummed out of the service because I'm the epitome of a disposable police officer.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Hail satan

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'm not in jail so that means I haven't dealt with police this week. A good start.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.

Riot shields could make for some pretty nice sleds if it ever snows.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Pilot to Gunner posted:

It's been done.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

Smiling Jack posted:

It's been done.
Aw, just found some videos of riot shield sledding and police having snowball fights :3:

Living in the desert sucks. Pretending your baton is a sword when you roughhouse with your other cop friends is as good as it gets.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Pilot to Gunner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTPVXvYUIA

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Living in the desert sucks. Pretending your baton is a sword when you roughhouse with your other cop friends is as good as it gets.

Or a giant Swamp, all we can do is Nerf drivebys on each other.

Bigos
Dec 30, 2006
A Succulent Polish Treat

Outdone by oppressive puppet governments!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuhbai6R9tA

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Do some of you guys police really quiet areas or something?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Do some of you guys police really quiet areas or something?

This is the majority of depts in America I'm pretty sure.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Are we talking 'No country for old men' quiet or just villages with 1000 people? Must be strange to do a shift and not literally be rushing from call to call for 10 hours.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Are we talking 'No country for old men' quiet or just villages with 1000 people? Must be strange to do a shift and not literally be rushing from call to call for 10 hours.

I go entire days without a single call other than self generated activity.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Are you on duty alone?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Are you on duty alone?

We usually have 2 officers on duty except for a slight overlap on evenings where have 3 or 4 on duty.

The town next door has 1 officer on duty and sometimes none.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
That idea scares me, when I'm on it's never alone and if we ask for backup it usually arrives within 90 seconds. If you push the 'party button' for a serious incident like an officer getting a shoeing then you can easily have 100 officers there within 5 minutes. It must affect your risk assessment every time you turn up to a job when you know that no one will turn up if you get a knife to the chest.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Just got out of my mock Sergeant's exam. Was bloody hard! 3 hours and 150 questions. Fingers crossed!

In my force you're usually operating within another force's area so the speed you get back up varies. In one area we can export incident logs over so it can be quite quick to get back up. In another area we have to dial the same number as members of the public so it can take upwards of 10 minutes...

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

My dept went to a fight/stabbing earlier in the summer and the 2 officers on duty ended up having to fight with several people. No help came even after the dispatcher tried calling several agencies in the area, whose own one or two cops were tied up on their own things.

It's another world for sure, nothing like the first dept I ever worked for where you'd have a dozen cops backing you up within a minute of calling for help.

I literally dialed 911 once on my personal cell phone to get backup from the county.

Edit- get lost, sergeant scum. No stripes or bars allowed in the lounge.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 2, 2014

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

get lost, sergeant scum. No stripes or bars allowed in the lounge.

get your toothbrush and get cleaning those toilets scrublord

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Boooooooo you prudes http://www.myfoxny.com/story/27521302/cops-sexy-instagram-account

quote:

Cops in trouble for photos on sexy Instagram account

Female police officers from across the country are posting pictures of themselves in uniform alongside sexy pictures out of uniform onto Instagram. Some NYPD officers are getting disciplined for it.

The Instagram account is called Blueline Beauties. It is filled with pictures of female police officers wearing their uniforms next to sexy selfies. NYPD officers are in trouble with top brass.

NYPD policy prohibits members of the police department from posting pictures of themselves in uniform on social media unless at official ceremonies.

The department issued this statement saying the policy "is in part intended to protect officers from divulging identifying information on social media sites that may endanger officer safety."

Retired NYPD Captain Peter Moreno said the policy protects officers from becoming targets. He also said that the flirty pictures could also be used against the officers.

But some are wondering what is the difference between these cops in sexy poses and the FDNY calendar for charity? Is it a double standard?

Moreno said police officers' "credibility is often called to task in court." He said a police officer's credibility may be called into question by photos like these.

The NYPD officers will reportedly lose some vacation days as part of their discipline.

:dance:

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

That idea scares me, when I'm on it's never alone and if we ask for backup it usually arrives within 90 seconds. If you push the 'party button' for a serious incident like an officer getting a shoeing then you can easily have 100 officers there within 5 minutes. It must affect your risk assessment every time you turn up to a job when you know that no one will turn up if you get a knife to the chest.

The power of the red button is immense. Don't think we have numbers quite like yours but in the right time the response is great. Every man and their dog come out the woodwork for such events.

When cops in the marine unit divert (in uniform, not wet suits) to the helicopter its a good sign of winning.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Sexy cop selfies are extremely my poo poo.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

Look at the be-lipsticked harlots in that Fox News clip, being all sexy with their...uhhh... t-shirts and flirty smiles. You really can't trust the integrity or credibility of women like this:

I thought it was going to be some Carol Shaya level stuff, not cops in normal friday night dinner attire. If their departments have a ban on posting photos in uniform to social media then OK whatever, take em down.

Edit- Someone please post dude pics from the Blueline_beefcakes instagram, the news mentioned it but didn't show any photos. I need to see those. For science. Or you can post your own pic. I promise I won't report you if you're hot.

Pilot to Gunner fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 2, 2014

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I'd smash the back legs off the one in the T-shirt. That's a normal 6/10 but a Police 9/10, detectives would be on that like flies on poo poo.

chartley posted:

The power of the red button is immense. Don't think we have numbers quite like yours but in the right time the response is great. Every man and their dog come out the woodwork for such events.

When cops in the marine unit divert (in uniform, not wet suits) to the helicopter its a good sign of winning.

I was on when 2 female officers were getting bottles hoofed at them a few weeks ago, the red button got pushed and I was half a mile away writing notes in a police station. I've never seen so many officers, many of whom whinge and bitch about a 5.4 beep test, sprint that half mile to help their fellow officer. Nice to know that no matter how hosed the police service in England is, you're mates still have your back.

We also seem to have some sort of romance going on with our local paramedics, they are all hard as nails and work incredibly hard and any time one of them get's in trouble even the unmarked reporting cars cut a dash to look after them. I guess with the fire brigade hating us so much it's just nice to have some friends sometimes.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I figured out what the "red button" is from context and that sounds pretty neat.

Nothing like someone yelling for help and you have no idea where they are.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

I'd smash the back legs off the one in the T-shirt. That's a normal 6/10 but a Police 9/10, detectives would be on that like flies on poo poo.

I was on when 2 female officers were getting bottles hoofed at them a few weeks ago, the red button got pushed and I was half a mile away writing notes in a police station. I've never seen so many officers, many of whom whinge and bitch about a 5.4 beep test, sprint that half mile to help their fellow officer. Nice to know that no matter how hosed the police service in England is, you're mates still have your back.

We also seem to have some sort of romance going on with our local paramedics, they are all hard as nails and work incredibly hard and any time one of them get's in trouble even the unmarked reporting cars cut a dash to look after them. I guess with the fire brigade hating us so much it's just nice to have some friends sometimes.

Very true. I don't mind so much when folk kick off with police, I can understand it. When it's with ambulance, that ain't cool.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

That's a normal 6/10 but a Police 9/10

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

Tough crowd.

A lot of people dread polygraphs but I've always believed that the swimsuit competition is the hardest part of the hiring process, to be honest.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
polygraphs are bunk science, don't let the questioner stress you out and you'd do fine

the facebook page Survive the Streets: A Page for Cops keeps using the hashtag #certifiedwolfhunter

I want to strangle every coworker who shares their statuses. Sheepdog was stupid wolf hunter is straight dumb, gently caress the police who use that stupid dumb poo poo.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Branis posted:

polygraphs are bunk science, don't let the questioner stress you out and you'd do fine

the facebook page Survive the Streets: A Page for Cops keeps using the hashtag #certifiedwolfhunter

I want to strangle every coworker who shares their statuses. Sheepdog was stupid wolf hunter is straight dumb, gently caress the police who use that stupid dumb poo poo.

Who are the people that buy #certifiedwolfhunter shirts and hats and actually wear them? I took a look at their website and was laughing my rear end off.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I live in a town of 40k. We run a minimum of 4 officers plus a supervisor. Some days we have 5 or 6 and a supervisor. Between 2100 and 0100 we have 2 shifts of dudes on the street during overlap.

I can't even imagine 12 cops showing up to anything.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Whale Cancer posted:

I can't even imagine 12 cops showing up to anything.

An open bar?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Now I'm officially #certifiedwolfhunter

Thanks anonymous admirer. :gay:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
now you have to get a 1* shield tattoo with the blessed are the peacemakers bible verse tattooed somewhere on your body.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Branis posted:

now you have to get a 1* shield tattoo with the blessed are the peacemakers bible verse tattooed somewhere on your body.

You do realize that this disqualifies you from being buried in a proper Jewish cemetery?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
don't worry, my body is unmarked so I can be given a proper jewish funeral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Branis posted:

don't worry, my body is unmarked so I can be given a proper jewish funeral

Thank Christ