Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
OMG IT'S +PACIFIC BLUE+ YOU loving MOPES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Untagged posted:

OMG IT'S +PACIFIC BLUE+ YOU loving MOPES.

I change my answer from The Shield to Pacific Blue. Bike cops own.

edit: Silk Stalkings

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur
Look at all these punk bitches not knowing how to spell Reno 9-1-1.

Dangle 4 Life

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
I'm on the 5th season of the wire at the moment and this whole serial killer stuff is almost making me prolapse with laughter. Also Omar is my favorite gay, why can't N4I be more like Omar?

My dad was a detective for 30 years and he can't stop banging on about True Detective.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
the wire really is just a british show where all the british actors just pretend to be american.

like 95% of the actors in that show are either brits or were baltimore natives and are currently locked up in baltimore city central booking.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Untagged posted:

the wire really is just a british show where all the british actors just pretend to be american.

like 95% of the actors in that show are either brits or were baltimore natives and are currently locked up in baltimore city central booking.

Just like all good programs then, British actors with American money. The HBO/BBC collaborations always seem to come up trumps.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
and Stringer is gonna be the next James Bond

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
It's going to be the last James Bond. He is going undercover to foil Russian narco-terrorists but when he pops in to a Californian gas station to shaft some slapper an LAPD officer puts 15 rounds in to the back of his head because his mobile phone looked like a gun.

We all know David Fassbender will get the job and make a massive hash of it.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Stay classy, Philly.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Some Paper posted:

It’s not a slowdown — it’s a virtual work stoppage.

NYPD traffic tickets and summonses for minor offenses have dropped off by a staggering 94 percent following the execution of two cops — as officers feel betrayed by the mayor and fear for their safety, The Post has learned.

lol this would be a great time to park wherever you like downtown

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

lol nope traffic agents are still writing a poo poo ton of tickets

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Cops can be as pissed at the mayor as they want to be, but if they keep up with making highly visible displays of disrespect when he's busy eating a stack of humble pies they're going to burn off the sympathy that they've got after the murders.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

oh no wherever will we be without sympathy

I might not get my copy of Windows XP upgraded

I can't understand it we kept punishing cops and writing tons of news articles about how all the arrests and summonses are racist and cops suck and cops stopped actively looking for arrests and summonses what could the connection possibly be

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

not entirely a cop show but one of the characters is a cop
outrageous fortune
best nz tv ever made

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Cops can be as pissed at the mayor as they want to be, but if they keep up with making highly visible displays of disrespect when he's busy eating a stack of humble pies they're going to burn off the sympathy that they've got after the murders.

A good post from 0isa#.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Smiling Jack posted:

oh no wherever will we be without sympathy

NYPD has had poo poo relations with the mayor's office before, but not when there's a political groundswell for major changes in how policing is done locally and in Albany. If you think that Cuomo wouldn't sit back and smile while De Blasio ripped up the whole department to remake it in his image, then you're underestimating his ambitions.

You've got LeBron James wearing an "I Can't Breathe" shirt on national TV before a game. If you don't think that that's a bellweather for public mood, then I don't know what to tell you.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

It's funny, public mood doesn't seem to mean poo poo when I'm standing over another dead 15 year old that nobody seems to find newsworthy.

DeBlasio has successfully remade the NYPD. Broken windows is dead, nobody wants to use force in arrests anymore, the courts aren't flooded with minor cases- these are the changes he campaigned on and he got them. All Bratton has to do now is pump up the investigative units and targeted enforcement teams and congrats, a brand new NYPD.

I think it's hilarious- DeBlasio is a totally incompetent politician. He got everything he ever wanted by accident and he looks like a total idiot doing it.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 30, 2014

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
When it comes to crime, police get alot of the blame that should go to society. We need better social safety nets and jobs but what we get is telling cops to write more tickets and arrest people for selling loose loving cigarettes. The problem is capitalism. I don't think this work stoppage is gonna endear the NYPD to the people they are supposed to serve though.

Actually thinking about it if your department can do the bare minimum and still cut its arrest rate by 66% you motherfuckers are doin too much frivolous poo poo, this might actually gain you some favor with the citizenry.

Branis fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 30, 2014

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Or maybe they stopped writing tickets because they just lost 2 officers and it's the end of the year.

My productivity usually drops off in December all year.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
It has helped contribute to a nose dive in low-level policing, with overall arrests down 66 percent for the week starting Dec. 22 compared with the same period in 2013, stats show.
Citations for traffic violations fell by 94 percent, from 10,069 to 587, during that time frame.
Summonses for low-level offenses like public drinking and urination also plunged 94 percent — from 4,831 to 300.
Even parking violations are way down, dropping by 92 percent, from 14,699 to 1,241.
Drug arrests by cops assigned to the NYPD’s Organized Crime Control Bureau — which are part of the overall number — dropped by 84 percent, from 382 to 63.

My Sheriff flat out told us he doesn't want us writing tickets unless we feel it is necessary. Our citizens have made it fairly clear they want us to be seen and not heard and thats pretty much how we behave. We go to calls we stop cars and give warnings but other than that we just show the badge and rattle doors at night.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Smiling Jack posted:

It's funny, public mood doesn't seem to mean poo poo when I'm standing over another dead 15 year old that nobody seems to find newsworthy.

DeBlasio has successfully remade the NYPD. Broken windows is dead, nobody wants to use force in arrests anymore, the courts aren't flooded with minor cases- these are the changes he campaigned on and he got them. All Bratton has to do now is pump up the investigative units and targeted enforcement teams and congrats, a brand new NYPD.

I think it's hilarious- DeBlasio is a totally incompetent politician. He got everything he ever wanted by accident and he looks like a total idiot doing it.

Are you for or against this? Just curious, not looking to argue :shobon:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

NYPD has had poo poo relations with the mayor's office before, but not when there's a political groundswell for major changes in how policing is done locally and in Albany. If you think that Cuomo wouldn't sit back and smile while De Blasio ripped up the whole department to remake it in his image, then you're underestimating his ambitions.

You've got LeBron James wearing an "I Can't Breathe" shirt on national TV before a game. If you don't think that that's a bellweather for public mood, then I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah, public perception changes at the whims of a few broadcasting monopolies pushing a media narrative regardless of merit.

Hands up don't shoot was a lie.

I can't breathe was a lie.

None of this has changed how police operate except for police just not being the police anymore. If that's what people want, that's what they'll get I guess. Just don't be so quick to run down to your local PD and file a complaint when the responding cop doesn't really give a poo poo about whatever crime it is you're reporting.

And remember if we don't take a report, then there's no crime. Stats go down and everyone wins, except the poor guy waiting 4+ hours for a beat car to respond to his car that got jacked from his driveway.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

justice4trayvawn posted:

Are you for or against this? Just curious, not looking to argue :shobon:

I like the result but not the process.

Also lol at the narcotics numbers because those guys all got sent to work the protests anyway

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

People hate low level enforcement but the second it stops and the little poo poo builds up then people suddenly get pissed again. It's hilarious.

:argh: What do you mean they arrest people for selling cigarettes?! This needs to stop!!

:argh: OMG All these illegal street vendors are blocking the sidewalks and openly breaking the law ruining the image of our wonderful community!! Why don't the police do something about it?!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Untagged posted:

:argh: OMG All these illegal street vendors are blocking the sidewalks and openly breaking the law ruining the image of our wonderful community!! Why don't the police do something about it?!

I've heard that cops would sometimes write tickets for these sorts of things back in the day

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Vengarr posted:

I've heard that cops would sometimes write tickets for these sorts of things back in the day

Yes I frequently write tickets to "I don't have to give you ID" and "you can't stop me from leaving"

these people get arrested

Also when you write people tickets and they don't pay them the next time you write them a ticket they have a warrant

these people are also arrested

possession of counterfiet goods is not a summonsable offense

these people are also arrested

&etc

Or you can repeatedly be summonsesed for illegal vending, and then get repeatedly arrested for illegal vending, and still be out there selling poo poo illegally while you have several cases pending in the system but w/e

makes u think

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 31, 2014

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine, is the best show.
The week they poked at USPIS I ended up having to assist them in real life, I want to join them :swoon:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Vengarr posted:

A ticket is an arrest, and you have to post bond on any arrest. Most times you can be released on recognizance (i.e. sign the ticket) but this isn't an option when you can't verify the person's identity or like SJ said if they have a warrant or multiple violations requiring a custodial arrest.

But I'm sure you didn't know that.

I mean why do we even have laws anymore? Just let people do whatever they want whenever they want, right? "Well the police shouldn't use force, just write a ticket or get a warrant." Welp, we got a warrant, now the guy still won't cooperate. Guess we'll just walk away. Hail satan.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Dec 31, 2014

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Hail Satan

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Hail Santa

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

My production always went down in the winter. gently caress getting out of my warm car for any reason.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Vengarr posted:

Its been said already but for the sake of replying to your reply.

If you have any priors for the same offense or similar offense or any failure to appears it is pretty much an automatic custodial arrest here. That is even before you get in to the refuse to provide ID or give any hassles during the stop and investigation. The court looks upon this as evidence you'll continue to violate the charge or likely fail to appear before the judge.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
Happy New Year!

Be safe tonight, Copgoons.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
i'm off by 2200, gonna go home jerk off and be in bed by 2230. gently caress new years gently caress 2015 hail santa smiling jack 4 prez.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
I'll be thinking of you all when I'm partying tonight.

I won't.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur
gently caress partying.

Staying home, firing up the Super Nintendo emulator and gonna drink all the beer, smoke some of the "green, leafy substance," and eat so much pizza.

Then "jerk off and be in bed by 2230. gently caress new years gently caress 2015 hail santa smiling jack 4 prez."

Not gonna waste my time dealing with stupid protestors, cop killa wannabes, or drunk douchebags wanting to fight everyone.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
it was like -18 degrees overnight and it will be just barely above zero tonight. My new years resolution is to kill/steal/win enough money to be living on a tropical island where it is 80 year round with beautiful brown women in coconut bikinis by this time next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
How was "I can't breath" a lie?

• Locked thread