Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

gently caress POGs. Double gently caress chaplains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

I don't recognize the chaplain, but that's my brigade. Based on the lack of RWS on the strykers these guys are either engineers or an HQ element. We sent one of our line companies down there and a marine unit was in charge of them so they did whatever the gently caress they wanted. Doesn't surprise me that this silly poo poo went down.

One of the top related clips on that video is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63DORtkeIjQ

uploaded by user Idr037. Their other uploads are a bunch of marine poo poo, and a suspiciously androgynous person practicing Tom Cruise cocktail maneuvers. Coincidence?

RichieHimself fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Dec 5, 2014

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

poo poo, you're right. That must have been right before my company got out there to Rawah, according to the date on the video. I don't recognize them either. I never heard of this happening when we got there. loving weirdos.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

zombie303 posted:

gently caress POGs. Double gently caress chaplains.

I have made it one of my goals to irritate the gently caress out of every Chaplain I meet. I get to do this a lot since JAG is lumped into "Special Staff" with them and Medical. Unlike Chaplains though, JAG and Medical are actually useful.

Part of my inprocessing this week at Bragg was to meet with the Command chaplain. He made (like they all do) some weak-rear end joke about how due to my chosen profession he didn't know if he could ever help me. I "joked" that I'd be making sure he gave equal time and attention to our Satanist Soldiers.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Chaplains remind me of a mixture between camp counselors and jesters. They play annoying music, act at the BC's behest, and are constantly inviting people to lame group events.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

psydude posted:

Chaplains remind me of a mixture between PT failures and pedophiles.

I have helped you to see the light.

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas
Good drill today. Only one kid flipped his car on the way there and only 12 unexpected unexcused absences. 19 more months as commander.

edit: drink count for today is 1 coffee with Bailey's and 1 Buffalo Trace on the rocks so far.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

calmasahinducow posted:

Good drill today. Only one kid flipped his car on the way there and only 12 unexpected unexcused absences. 19 more months as commander.

edit: drink count for today is 1 coffee with Bailey's and 1 Buffalo Trace on the rocks so far.

Buffalo Trace is the poo poo.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I love this new trend of making 1LTs COs so that it doesn't count for their major board.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:lol: if you're staying in the reserves for major.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

psydude posted:

Chaplains remind me of a mixture between camp counselors and jesters. They play annoying music, act at the BC's behest, and are constantly inviting people to lame group events.

We had a Chaplain in Houston that invited us all for a prayer in front of the flagpole one day. Dude had done a tour in Hawaii and had a ukulele. Fucker played the ukulele and then had everyone pray. I couldn't stop laughing watching them out of the window.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

nwin posted:

We had a Chaplain in Houston that invited us all for a prayer in front of the flagpole one day. Dude had done a tour in Hawaii and had a ukulele. Fucker played the ukulele and then had everyone pray. I couldn't stop laughing watching them out of the window.

Is it no longer appropriate to whip empty beer and whiskey bottles at people like this?

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

psydude posted:

I love this new trend of making 1LTs COs so that it doesn't count for their major board.

Why would that not count? Wait no I got it, because Army.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

psydude posted:

So it's basically like making a SPC into a CPL so he doesn't get sent to the board or get promoted to E-5?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

nwin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoRpWEE-E0Q

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I love that man.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
For some reason the army made me an NCO and people will have to rely on me.

My poor future soldiers.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BaKOluofCA

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

White Chocolate posted:

Why would that not count? Wait no I got it, because Army.

All OERs before your promotion to O3 are masked when you go before the board for major. I believe they can see that you held the position, but it's kind of a moot point if they can't see your evaluations.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

:lol: if you're staying in the reserves for major.

Yeah I mean I don't really care too much, but it's going to gently caress over anyone who is trying to stay in.

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas

psydude posted:

All OERs before your promotion to O3 are masked when you go before the board for major. I believe they can see that you held the position, but it's kind of a moot point if they can't see your evaluations.

Yeah I mean I don't really care too much, but it's going to gently caress over anyone who is trying to stay in.

The Army Reserve is so short on O3-O4s that OERs don't matter that much for promotion. As long as all the blocks are checked and you don't have any referred OERs, DUIs, etc.. you are good to go.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

calmasahinducow posted:

The Army Reserve is so short on O3-O4s that OERs don't matter that much for promotion. As long as all the blocks are checked and you don't have any referred OERs, DUIs, etc.. you are good to go.

Tell me more about my unlimited growth potential... 1 year and 4 months to O3.
Also: got (maybe) offered BN S-4 at the CA BN I want to join instead of company command/XO because they have too many NDMOS-Q O2/O3 guys in CA slots. Thoughts?

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

50 Foot Ant posted:

So it's basically like making a SPC into a CPL so he doesn't get sent to the board or get promoted to E-5?

Need someone who isn't chaining appointments to be a TC! And you can pull CQ runner or NCO depending on what they need :)

I've been a CPL for a year now in an MOS that requires 39 points for promotion to E5, letting my higher command have a whiff of me not re-enlisting was the one gently caress up in my 3 years in. 59 days to freedom!

loving 13F's stupid low promotion points at almost all levels until E8 allows so many people to slip through the promotion chain, it's how you end up with E5-7 who only know skill level 1 and some poo poo they forgot from SLC in charge of new soldiers.

At least my company and PLT level leadership let me do what ever I want, and not having soldiers under me do to being in a 3 man FSE is great.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

TPSDude posted:

Need someone who isn't chaining appointments to be a TC! And you can pull CQ runner or NCO depending on what they need :)

I've been a CPL for a year now in an MOS that requires 39 points for promotion to E5, letting my higher command have a whiff of me not re-enlisting was the one gently caress up in my 3 years in. 59 days to freedom!

loving 13F's stupid low promotion points at almost all levels until E8 allows so many people to slip through the promotion chain, it's how you end up with E5-7 who only know skill level 1 and some poo poo they forgot from SLC in charge of new soldiers.

At least my company and PLT level leadership let me do what ever I want, and not having soldiers under me do to being in a 3 man FSE is great.

there is way too much caring in this post for someone getting out in 2 months.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

tuluk posted:

there is way too much caring in this post for someone that isn't a lifer.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

psydude posted:

I think I've been acting commander for more drills than my commander has been present for.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/12/army-military-working-dogs/

iceslice
May 20, 2005
I feel like I'm writing a complaint on Facebook, but this report they're about to release is going to have some serious consequences. If anything, a huge chilling effect on people who put their lives on the line for the US. I can't wait!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

iceslice posted:

I feel like I'm writing a complaint on Facebook, but this report they're about to release is going to have some serious consequences. If anything, a huge chilling effect on people who put their lives on the line for the US. I can't wait!

What report?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
You mean the one that was already released?

Big PDF: http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/study2014/sscistudy1.pdf

iceslice
May 20, 2005

Spicy Guacamole posted:

You mean the one that was already released?

Big PDF: http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/study2014/sscistudy1.pdf

The news article I read was from this morning and stated "released later today." That's the one.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

iceslice posted:

insightful

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

iceslice posted:

i dont feel like reading it, can you elaborate on why its bad or shocking or wahtever

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

White Chocolate posted:

Tell me more about my unlimited growth potential... 1 year and 4 months to O3.
Also: got (maybe) offered BN S-4 at the CA BN I want to join instead of company command/XO because they have too many NDMOS-Q O2/O3 guys in CA slots. Thoughts?

Which CA Battalion? I am at USACAPOC HQ so I can try to find out more about the climate for you if you PM me.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

Defleshed posted:

Which CA Battalion? I am at USACAPOC HQ so I can try to find out more about the climate for you if you PM me.

404th cause he wants to wear flair on his uniform.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

11b1p posted:

Well it was the 404th now I am looking at the 411th since they can't triple slot their S-4 position. I will pm you thanks.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

11b1p posted:

Hey guys check out this sick tat I got after jumping out of an airplane five times.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Hey guys check out this sick tramp stamp I got after jumping out of an airplane five times.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Hey guys check out this sick tat I got after getting airborne in my contract but getting my orders changed to a regular unit.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.
There has to be some female with that as a tramp stamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Probably one of the many 88M's that went to Benning for airborne school, and then slutted it up at Columbus hotel rooms with just graduated infantry guys.

• Locked thread