Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Tezcatlipoca posted:

There have been a lot of people complaining about all the bad fights and bad fighters and in the same breath saying they don't watch any of them. Y'all are missing a lot of good fighters and good fights because you think anyone that isn't Nick Diaz or Weidman must be horrible.

2014 was the year of the card that looked lovely but ended up being awesome.

Also Mark Hunt was in a title fight and we got to watch videos of him walking around Mexico all depressed getting his hair done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
Has there been a press conference called for today for the uniforms or is it all still a rumour?

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the uniform seems like the kind of thing you'd handle with a press release rather than a press conference

I was hoping they would gather 12 fighters for a three hour press conference to make this major announcement and Dana would say at the start that they actually haven't worked out the details yet and then they'd talk about Mexico instead.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

CommonShore posted:

For some reason (because I need to procrastinate on my writing) I'm watching this press conference, and this is the worst loving rap I've ever heard.

Generic rapping ... gunfire ... "DAH CLUB" (repeat 50x).

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Detroit_Dogg posted:

What am I watching

a bald middle aged man talking about how he "gave women permission to sweat"

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
The only way this will hold my interest is if Anthony Pettis runs in and showtime kicks this loving rear end in a top hat in the head. Preferably while wearing shorts that say DYNAMIC FASTENER on them.

EDIT: also I hope that Dana refers to the bald middle aged Reebok drone as "kid" at some point

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

eshock posted:

sponsor banners are gone.

NEVER FORGET

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
On the plus side, the next time a barista co-mains a card fighting Daniel Cormier, he will be forced to actually wear a red shirt to the fight so casual fans will understand what is happening based on past Star Trek experience.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
Meanwhile, workers at a Reebok factory are currently being taught how to bedazzle a skull t-shirt.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
I'm hoping Reebok considers using existing and established designs so that all fighters will now wear the same shorts as Arianny Celeste. This would be good news for Miesha Tate fights, while maybe not so much for Mark Hunt and Bigfoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

outy posted:

I can always watch Ben Askren style on tiny Indonesian kickboxers if I fancy it.

#UFCWHATSYOURFANCY

The time is now. If you fancy it.

• Locked thread