Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Yeah I hate goons. What? No, I'm one of the good goons, I just hate the bad ones you know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Xaris posted:

We're actually all very health normal burly hardboiled swole alpha men around here. We just need to always deprecate people or else it's a sign of weakness. And so that's why we have giant urination sessions where we just piss on everyone so we can assert dominance

and that's why GBS smells strongly. To outsiders, it appears as if GBS is in a state of hateful chaos. But to us, it's called home and we don't even notice the the stench

That, and they don't shower but twice a week.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
It's pretty telling how hardly anyone posts pictures of themselves anymore. Used to be that you could associate a face with a good amount of posters.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Yvershek posted:

It's pretty telling how hardly anyone posts pictures of themselves anymore. Used to be that you could associate a face with a good amount of posters.

dunno maybe you just got more weirdos now i don't think i've had my picture taken in a decade.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i think "dont post pictures of yourself online for the benefit of strangers" is a p good idea, actually

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Most Goons I interacted with so far are either assholes or weird. But I still love all of you :mrgw:

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

every goon thinks all other goons are basement dwelling obese virgins with stupid ideas. every goon thinks he is the sole exception.

they're wrong of course, because i am the sole exception.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Yvershek posted:

Yeah it's too bad---we need more content for goon.jpg :twisted: . At least we'll always ol' barfy over there on the couch like a smiling familiar face that brings you back to the days of hot cocoa in the drizzling rain by the fireplace on a cold crisp mid-winter's night.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

i think "dont post pictures of yourself online for the benefit of strangers" is a p good idea, actually

yeah. it has nothing to do with something awful. people just have learned that you shouldn't do it in general.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Lowtax,

This is a good thread. The forums are doing pretty well recently, but they need something more than moderation, they need leadership. A thread like this that changes behavior is a good start. It's a much better tool than the banhammer to get the community moving in a positive direction. If you look back at your recent posts you'll see that every leadership step you've taken recently has received an overwhelmingly positive reaction. You should do more of it and encourage credible sub mods to do the same.

This has been a GBS carepost. Back to yospos with me.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Darth123123 posted:

That, and they don't shower but twice a week.

yeah threads like that make me miss helldump because holy poo poo the number of goons arguing that you only need to shower 2-3 times a week in that thread made me want to throw up from just the thought of the stench.

naem
May 29, 2011

Tuxedo Gin posted:

what community function? lord of the flies hepatitis village in hawaii?

I would still like more details on this one just the description is lol

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

The Management posted:

Lowtax,

This is a good thread. The forums are doing pretty well recently, but they need something more than moderation, they need leadership. A thread like this that changes behavior is a good start. It's a much better tool than the banhammer to get the community moving in a positive direction. If you look back at your recent posts you'll see that every leadership step you've taken recently has received an overwhelmingly positive reaction. You should do more of it and encourage credible sub mods to do the same.

I don't feel redshirt has been properly punished, and i blame the management.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Old Tax' and the crew grew up during a different generation where you learned science and how to make stuff out of wood rather than checking Wikipedia and paying finer attention to "gender studies". Well let me just go ahead and post that nothing good comes from making these types of people feel good about themselves. Its the ego-equivelant of being bipolar, there's no middle ground, no electricians or ditch diggers, just Facebook Critics and Youtube LP Super Stars. You dont want to give these kids any kind of reason to feel good about themselves or accomplished or you literally have a bunch of underachieving psychos thinking they're entitled to super model girlfriends or anything other than a life of grueling End Game Capitalism. The negativity, the pain, it is a nessdcary evil.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I'm a closet goon, my family would be ashamed of me if they knew. I tell them I post on reddit like normal people.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

naem posted:

I would still like more details on this one just the description is lol

Some dude bought a piece of overgrown jungle swampland in hawaii. it was not connected to any utilities. he invited goons to come live on it for free in tents in exchange for helping him clear the land so he could eventually build on it. it went as well as you can imagine.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im gay
for goons

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Some dude bought a piece of overgrown jungle swampland in hawaii. it was not connected to any utilities. he invited goons to come live on it for free in tents in exchange for helping him clear the land so he could eventually build on it. it went as well as you can imagine.
It was pretty entertaining, and I wish it were still around. Nobody volunteered who didn't want to.

Frisky
Apr 2, 2012

What turtle?
only goons with anime avatars are terrible

everyone else are okay imo even the mods

e: i, too, am gay

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tuxedo Gin posted:

libertarian utopia?

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
You gonna cry, op? Little baby need a nap nap? Grow the Hell up.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Darth123123 posted:

libertarian utopia?

nah. jungle hippy commune.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
I unironically liked these forums before they were cool.

The GBS changes that have happened in the recent months have been nice.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

some goons are good, other goons are bad

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Smokey posted:

You gonna cry, op? Little baby need a nap nap? Grow the Hell up.
What's the point of this

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Thank you for giving me the inner permission to love again. I'm crying so hard right now it's like each teardrop is a little bit of pain raining out of my from eyes.

I'm sorry I made that snarky comment weird guy with a sonic the hedgehog avatar! Your points were both valid and well within the subject of the thread.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Lowtax posted:

What's the point of this

jokes what are the points of these

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Fabricated posted:

I dunno, it might have something to do with the fact that the forum that a lot of people who help run this place think is the "funniest" forum is the one that seems to be pretty much dedicated to making GBS threads on goons

Maybe I'm crazy or whatever

FYAD loves goons and the forums

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008

Lowtax posted:

What's the point of this
The point, my man, is that I don't know what the point is or why i said that to you. That's the point.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lowtax posted:

What's the point of this

cyber bullying imo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Why do you hate Shmorky OP?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Smokey posted:

The point, my man, is that I don't know what the point is or why i said that to you. That's the point.
How dadaesque of you

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

i even like the goons who get butthurt over oriental cartoons apropos of nothing like this guy

Frisky posted:

only goons with anime avatars are terrible

everyone else are okay imo even the mods

e: i, too, am gay

its a unique part of the gbs experience

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
I only dislike a select few goons, but everyone else is p. cool. Keep it up gibbis :thumbsup:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Like all things in life, there's a lot of good on these boards, and also a lot of bad.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Management posted:

Lowtax,

the second lowtax busts out the flavor-aid, BAM! goatass

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Ratjaculation posted:

Why do you hate Shmorky OP?
I don't hate anybody, I love everybody in this life

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
I wuvs you GBS!!!! <3 so proud of ya goons for making this a great community!! xoxoxox hugs and kisses, royster

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Lowtax posted:

I don't hate anybody, I love everybody in this life

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe