Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

down with slavery posted:

lol if you think 30k is an amount of money that automatically disqualifies all other contributions

lol if you think i said anything remotely close to meaning what you do in fact seem to think it means. so, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Concerned Citizen posted:

for the sake of fairness & balance, i hope we raise money to buy body armor for isis next

it's already balanced. we sent caro to fight for the cause

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ArbitraryC posted:

From tinychat I've learned that the quickest and most vocal people to throw "goons" around as a pejorative are the gooniest fuckers on these forums. The forum where we have the most posters who make fun other goons is also the one where the average user doesn't really have a life outside the forum. The kind of goons that spend all day everyday on the forums or talking in irc with goons to then go make posts in gbs about how much better they are.

I think it's mainly a projection thing.

this is pretty true. attractive & cool people don't have a lot of time or energy to get passionate about bad people posting on their forums

edit: like me

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

this is pretty true. attractive & cool people don't have a lot of time or energy to get passionate about bad people posting on their forums

Some people legitimately have turned SA into their social life and you can see the posting cliques but they absolutely refuse to admit that to themselves. Normal people don't have the time or inclination to care about forums drama or helldumping people.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

-Troika- posted:

FYAD has directly saved several people's lives.

thats wut im talkin bout

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
sa forums: master race
4chan & reddit: peasants

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
this threads about me isnt it

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I have been coming to SA forums for 15 years, so yeah SA kinda owns.

also bring back jeff k fanclub forum.

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010
i enjoy reading the sa forums and the other users here are likeable.

There I said it.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

Some people legitimately have turned SA into their social life and you can see the posting cliques but they absolutely refuse to admit that to themselves. Normal people don't have the time or inclination to care about forums drama or helldumping people.

forum/internet drama is loving aweesome

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

gary oldmans diary posted:

this threads about me isnt it

You are pretty negative at times

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

:hfive: fellow cool and attractive person.

yea too busy lifting weights to get mad about goons, they're all ok in my book

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

mookface posted:

You are pretty negative at times
sometimes its right there and somebody is gonna have to say it

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

-Troika- posted:

FYAD has directly saved several people's lives.

except for that wikipedia dude

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
But I really don't like myself it's not a gimmick. I think goons are pretty cool because anyone who isn't me must be all that with potato chips!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
sometimes I think that maybe, Lowtax doesn't actually understand SA, he just presses the buttons and makes forum happen and is confused by all these posts

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JiveHonky posted:

But I really don't like myself it's not a gimmick. I think goons are pretty cool because anyone who isn't me must be all that with potato chips!

Why don't you try to change what you don't like about yourself? This also works for the forums.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I'd rather post in a self deprecating community than one full of pissy babbys.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
let's stop calling ourselves goons. it's a negative word. how about "e-friends" :)

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
SAtizens

it's hip and fresh !

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I think it's thew hole internet, actually, OP, that has gotten really negative. But that could be just my perception

Maybe society as a whole has become more critical of all manner of minutiae??

anyway, peace.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
its called irony lowtax

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

mng posted:

SAtizens

it's hip and fresh !

still not friendly enough. what about "SAtizen friends?" The best of both worlds, so to speak.

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:
I'm glad you got rid of the "ironic" racism. I don't have enough time to read the forums and figure out who is being ironic or trolling. I just assume everyones dumb post is saying exactly what they mean.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Over There posted:

For some reason I joined when it was still 1.0 and I was scared to post. Now everyone can post without the fear of being ridiculed and banned. :coffeepal:

Yeah, I just lurked for years

Back in the bad old days, it was like a lovely reddit thread, except that instead of getting downvoted you'd get probated to poo poo land for the smallest infraction

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
I like the forums.

I like most of the people on the forums.

It feels good to be able to admit this.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Whenever I get tired of all that mainstream spoon-fed comedy, I know I can always turn to SA as an endless source of alternative comedy. Which by definition is "comedy that isn't funny," but still better 'n Reddit.

Gibbis Fourthmeal
May 22, 2006
i hate everybody, not just myself and goons

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

exspurt analcyst posted:

Whenever I get tired of all that mainstream spoon-fed comedy, I know I can always turn to SA as an endless source of alternative comedy. Which by definition is "comedy that isn't funny," but still better 'n Reddit.

SA is pretty okay, and it's fine that it's not funny since nothing in this world is or ever has been funny

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
There's many many people here who don't self-hate and who don't care about the latest drama storm from GBS or QCS or whatever. We just like posting and reading and occasionally getting to know new people.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

zakharov posted:

There's many many people here who don't self-hate and who don't care about the latest drama storm from GBS or QCS or whatever. We just like posting and reading and occasionally getting to know new people.
I know that, I'm not addressing those people.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
On several occaisions after I found out someone posted on SA i would all like coyly slide up and ask them out loud if they had stairs in their house like that was a cool thing to do

and just loving look at my avatar

it's me.

im the bad goon.

im sorry.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like talking to people, but drama can also be fun too

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Yvershek posted:

It's pretty telling how hardly anyone posts pictures of themselves anymore. Used to be that you could associate a face with a good amount of posters.
this is mostly because i dont want my real identity connected to my bad posts not because im scared of goon criticism

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
occasionally something awful is funny

i don't laugh at much, since i am a disaffected shell of a human being, but there are always things here that cheer me up.

the yellow menace thread, goon.jpg, the russia thread--that is good quality internet. you can't get that anywhere else.

of course there are always the old classics in the goldmine like groverhaus, keyboard goop, the goon anonymous confessional

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
make the nsa work for it

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
I just come here to hook up

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

sexy young infidel posted:

I just come here to hook up

:):hf::)

I go to page 3 of GBS to get handbeezies all the time

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
is it okay if i do want to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
An old man sat outside the walls of a great city. When travelers approached, they would ask the old man, "What kind of people live in this city?" The old man would answer, "What kind of people live in the place where you came from?" If the travelers answered, "Only bad people live in the place where we came from," the old man would reply, "Continue on; you will find only bad people here."

But if the travelers answered, "Good people live in the place where we came from," then the old man would say, "Enter, for here too, you will find only good people."

• Locked thread