Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

maybe the old man would have been let into the city to do something useful if he was so fuckin' wise

lazy rear end judgemental vagrant sitting around all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

scalded schlong posted:

maybe the old man would have been let into the city to do something useful if he was so fuckin' wise

lazy rear end judgemental vagrant sitting around all day

Old people are dumb and boring

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
So is this it? Are we all going to get old together?

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado

mng posted:

SAtizens

it's hip and fresh !

here's ten reasons why you should become a satizen;

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
I love this message board! Under fellow goon directions I have customised a guitar and turned it into a horrible mess, which I am then selling to another goon. A couple of goons have even sent me some bits to put on there. It's fantastic.

I'm also making a goontar from scratch, and it will be hideous. Can't wait to get properly started on it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

How the hell are we supposed to make a positive impact on the forums without ban power?

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
oh yeah, wow, great idea OP! lets just all start sucking each others dicks right now

just shove you dinks right into my gabber

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
being self-deprecating is an important part of our identity as a website and you cannot take that away from us

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
The SomethingAwful forums is cognitive dissonance.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hmm Lowtax maybe if you wanted us to like each other, you shouldn't have called it Something Awful? Just a thought :cool:

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
which one of you fat gay retards wants to get assfucked to death by my prize mule

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Stoic Commie posted:

which one of you fat gay retards wants to get assfucked to death by my prize mule
ill have to see the county show ribbon first

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
I like this place very much. I just like being mean to individual goons in gbs as a way to let off steam. Goons are, as a whole, the best internet community and that's why I've been here for 10 years.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

oh yeah, wow, great idea OP! lets just all start sucking each others dicks right now

just shove you dinks right into my gabber

Meet me behind the bushes in 10 minutes, I'll be the one wearing nothing but a smile.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

goons are gross and fat and have neckbeards and read reddit.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
This is like that scene in Mystery Men where Claire Forlani gets Roy all confused and all of a sudden he doubts that he ever had any superpowers whatsoever and it endangers the entire team on their way to a showdown with Casanova Frankenstein.

LOWTAX YOUR PENMANSHIP IS ATROCIOUS AND YOU DRESS IN THE MANNER OF A MALE PROSTITUTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJsILvEAYTA&t=67s

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Luvcow posted:

An old man sat outside the walls of a great city. When travelers approached, they would ask the old man, "What kind of people live in this city?" The old man would answer, "What kind of people live in the place where you came from?" If the travelers answered, "Only bad people live in the place where we came from," the old man would reply, "Continue on; you will find only bad people here."

But if the travelers answered, "Good people live in the place where we came from," then the old man would say, "Enter, for here too, you will find only good people."

I always did think that Diogenes would fit in real well around here. That lantern-in-the-daytime troll is the poo poo.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
that old guy probably didn't think about the criminals that would bitterly say the old town of "good people". They did not have air quotes in his time

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Even if the streets are covered in poo poo SA is still the shining white walled city of the internet.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ive always maintained that something awful has the best online community even without a certain casual politics subforum

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
i reckon you need to work on bringing more users to SA. how you do that I'm not sure.

it's all well and good to say you want to keep the cream/we're the smartest/best forum around, but it becomes a bit of an echo chamber because it's always the same people making threads (at least with regards to GBS, I don't venture too far outside of here save for the occasional post in other subforums).

new blood brings new idiocy, something GBS thrives on.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yea im thinkin maybe coupons or buy one account get one free?? half off platinum?

refer 3 new members and get a free 175x175 px avatar

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
One goon I met ended up being my roommate for like 5 years. Was normal college friends with a couple others.

Met up with and went diving a couple of times with one. Played a bunch of poker with another one. All normal people.

Not a bad success rate IMO. Sure there was also the fat guy that came to a kegger I threw in college who wanted to talk about anime the whole time but you can't win em all

Fancy Car
Aug 29, 2003

fill the tank full of shit posts and goatse every 3000 miles
what if we just picked a random goon to concentrate our hatred on once a month

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
Simmer down, op.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Fancy Car posted:

what if we just picked a random goon to concentrate our hatred on once a month
I thought that's what the mod team was for?

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
the something awful forums are great, in no small part because they are actually a forum. none of that ugly unreadable nested reddit or disqus crap

the paywall also probably helps, even though it still makes me feel like a sucker

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Lowtax are you going to start writing front page articles again?

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

Salt Fish posted:

Lowtax are you going to start writing front page articles again?

Also, bring back Fashion SWAT

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bishop posted:

One goon I met ended up being my roommate for like 5 years. Was normal college friends with a couple others.

Met up with and went diving a couple of times with one. Played a bunch of poker with another one. All normal people.

Not a bad success rate IMO. Sure there was also the fat guy that came to a kegger I threw in college who wanted to talk about anime the whole time but you can't win em all

Did you/they know your handle? gently caress that.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Iamblikhos posted:

Also, bring back Fashion SWAT

they did one recently

http://www.somethingawful.com/fashion-swat/halloween-swat-cats/1/

but yea more thorpe, more fashion swat imo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TEAYCHES posted:

yea im thinkin maybe coupons or buy one account get one free?? half off platinum?

refer 3 new members and get a free 175x175 px avatar

Open the gates, let hell dump sort em out.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Lowtax, can you please ban anime outside of ADTRW? Thanks.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

holy poo poo the number of goons arguing that you only need to shower 2-3 times a week in that thread made me want to throw up from just the thought of the stench.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

GBS was nothing but RSS feeds, catlady approved political opinions, and really unfunny PYF poo poo that got posted every 3 months.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

There are only two factions on the forums now:

People who like anime

and

People who are not insufferable pathetic losers

Tuxedo Gin posted:

the amount of good goons have down unfortunately falls short of the amount of dumb poo poo they've funded. goons have spent more than 30k on internet vaporware spaceships
it's almost as if you didn't read the OP and you still want to poo poo on everyone for their choice of discussion

i miss the old days when we just had regular flame wars about the actual content being discussed, now we just bitch about even having a discussion in the first place. if you even consider an opinion that's distasteful briefly, even for sake of analysis, you get called a gross loser. if that doesn't work we escalate to higher levels of bullshit like saying you're enabling hateful illegitimate discourse that causes real harm to victims of harassment

i hate that poo poo on Twitter and i don't want it here. if someone is off topic report them, if they are on a topic you don't like don't open the thread, and if the mere thought of seeing their posts induces rage that they draw breath on the same planet as you put them on your goddamn ignore list and move on

if you actually want to convince people that bad things are bad you can't just scream "bad thing get it away", you have to have a meaningful interaction and even then persuasion is difficult

BunnySkull
Jan 28, 2005

TABLOID JUNKIE
UNIDENTIFIED SOURCES SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!
Never understood the whining about SA either. Even after 10 years still the best forum on the internet that I've come across. For a long time almost everything funny or witty I came across online usually had its genesis here or was copied from here. A gently caress ton of comedy writers I love were either goons or staff writers here at one point. Best $10 (well prob $30 after a ban or two early on) I ever spent for entertainment.

Course I could bitch about the current GBS being a weak rear end wannabe version of FYAD but without posters keeping the unfunny trash out. I preferred when GBS had a better mix of content than one line OP's trying to be funny, but I'll quit while I'm ahead. SA's quality could be cut in half and it would still be better than 99.99999999% of the forums online today.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

unironic carepost about internet forum.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

what the heck i go do loving thanksgiving stuff with my loving family and i come back and someone gave me a racist red title. im sorry lowtax but i must hate all other goons for this

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Do you ever wonder if positive Lowtax posts about goons are dripping with irony?

I sometimes wonder.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

CrashCat posted:

it's almost as if you didn't read the OP and you still want to poo poo on everyone for their choice of discussion

i miss the old days when we just had regular flame wars about the actual content being discussed, now we just bitch about even having a discussion in the first place. if you even consider an opinion that's distasteful briefly, even for sake of analysis, you get called a gross loser. if that doesn't work we escalate to higher levels of bullshit like saying you're enabling hateful illegitimate discourse that causes real harm to victims of harassment

i hate that poo poo on Twitter and i don't want it here. if someone is off topic report them, if they are on a topic you don't like don't open the thread, and if the mere thought of seeing their posts induces rage that they draw breath on the same planet as you put them on your goddamn ignore list and move on

if you actually want to convince people that bad things are bad you can't just scream "bad thing get it away", you have to have a meaningful interaction and even then persuasion is difficult

I was pointing out that all topics, even distasteful ones, shouldn't be here and I'm glad they are not.

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 2, 2014

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I love that word.

The way it simultaneously invokes smug superiority, defensiveness, and unashamed pedophilia.

It's like a magic word that tells you the person you're talking to is literally everything wrong with the internet all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ok, i don't see where i was suggesting we should all discuss things that are illegal or someone believes are just almost legal due to a technicality? but thanks for playing i guess

• Locked thread