Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou down 1 at Oklahoma almost at the half has to be even stranger than Florida posterizing KU.

Oh so this is your fault?

First 12 minutes or so were probably about as good as this team can play, then the last 5 happened and you can't even feel good about the beginning. OU might be legit pretty good so at least there's that.

e: seems like Bello might be getting a few more minutes tonight at least? Or maybe I just noticed him more because of that banked three.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lol I was coming here to offer a mea culpa

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

We are in the process of blowing this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
True Son chat about Kim Anderson with the Tigers.

I really want Missouri to be good at basketball too, maybe I should have been hired.

e: Ok this Billy Tubbs story is awesome though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ugh this stupid young team. Things just spin out of control so quickly.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
After getting either a 17 or 19 point lead at the end of the first half, KU as pulled back within 5 of Florida at Allen Fieldhouse. First half was one of the worst defensive halves I've seen from a Self team in a while.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What a disaster! One more possession and they have the lead.

And there it is

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

We are 3/16 in the last 16 shots.

And now down 4.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Ehud posted:

We are 3/16 in the last 16 shots.

And now down 4.

You guys were lights out in the first half. I didn't expect UF to keep that pace going in the second, but I didn't think it'd be this bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I've got a worse offensive (and defensive) performance for you to watch if you want.

Man everything looked so promising an hour or so ago for both teams.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Grittybeard posted:

I've got a worse offensive (and defensive) performance for you to watch if you want.

Man everything looked so promising an hour or so ago for both teams.

The remnant stench cloud of Frank Haith. Has a half life of 4 years at least.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
God if Mizzou was going to drop a deuce on the court at least Florida could have beaten KU.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Alman posted:

You guys were lights out in the first half. I didn't expect UF to keep that pace going in the second, but I didn't think it'd be this bad.

This team is just not very good this year. We probably won't even make the tournament.

Worst start (3-4) for a Billy D team since like 1996.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Ehud posted:

This team is just not very good this year. We probably won't even make the tournament.

Worst start (3-4) for a Billy D team since like 1996.

There's only so far a 7-man rotation that includes walk-ons can go, especially against teams with depth like Kansas and Kentucky. Those guys are probably gassed

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Alman posted:

There's only so far a 7-man rotation that includes walk-ons can go, especially against teams with depth like Kansas and Kentucky. Those guys are probably gassed

They may be a factor tonight, but we've looked pretty bad in every game so far. It's just mistake after mistake, and the talent level is nowhere close to what it's been in previous years.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan is only up 4 on NJIT with 15 minutes to play. Should be interesting until good football starts. Go...Highlanders!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

NJIT takes the lead! This would make me so happy...

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
Suddenly, NJIT can't miss. This might actually happen.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
DAMON LYNN OWN ZONE

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo ! Go Highlanders !

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

What is this njit

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Wait, that NJIT is leading Michigan?

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

Poonerman posted:

Wait, that NJIT is leading Michigan?

Yes. And now they have the ball, up one, with 45 seconds left.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
NJIT, the first team to ever go 0-29 in division I

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
New Jersey Institute of Technology 72, Michigan 70

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

Poonerman posted:

NJIT, the first team to ever go 0-29 in division I

This is not your father's NJIT.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

OrangeKing posted:

New Jersey Institute of Technology 72, Michigan 70

njit happens, man.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
HIGHLANDERS BITCH

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

FIRE HOKE

oh, wait....

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Good win for South Carolina today. USC Upstate looks to be beating Georgia Tech as well.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
NJIT moves ahead of Russia in 'Red Dawn' on my list of favorite squads that kill Wolverines.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Deteriorata posted:

njit happens, man.
This same NJIT team just got swept by UMass Lowell, who are IIRC in their second season as a DI team.

Needless to say this is probably the biggest win in school history for them. Now if only they could get a conference invite...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Basil Hayden posted:

This same NJIT team just got swept by UMass Lowell, who are IIRC in their second season as a DI team.

Needless to say this is probably the biggest win in school history for them. Now if only they could get a conference invite...

I miss when they were in the Great West Conference purely because the name and location made it funny. Also this was their first game against a top 25 team ever.

Hopefully Izzo saw the score and made a point of having his team take this random HBCU seriously.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Henchman of Santa posted:

I miss when they were in the Great West Conference purely because the name and location made it funny.
I feel like the WAC might still be desperate enough to take them, given that its modern form is basically the Great West leftovers anyway, they're currently on an NCAA waiver to keep their tournament bid, (never mind they got to the requisite number of teams when they got UMKC) and I got the impression that NJIT has mostly only pursued local conferences so far (e.g. NEC, America East).

Basil Hayden fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 6, 2014

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

loving go Gamecocks.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
UAPB keeps falling for the student section early shot clock trick

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue going to lose at home to North Florida, down 4 with 50 seconds to go

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
lol Purdue

Shaping up to be a great day of sports so far

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
That one will sting Purdue if they play well enough to reach the bubble this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

gvibes posted:

That one will sting Purdue if they play well enough to reach the bubble this year.

Yep. They reverted to last year's free throw shooting and it cost them. Still, they needed 1 more basket with about 2 minutes to go to put N. Florida into desperation mode and they had three tips at the rim miss.

• Locked thread