Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
And Green Bay beats Miami by double digits! Upset day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Hey Foster, maybe go hog wild behind the 3 point line a little bit earlier in the game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Purdue going to lose at home to North Florida, down 4 with 50 seconds to go

Don't sleep on the Osrpeys, they took the mighty Northwestern Wildcats to the limit.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

IU is having trouble with pressing from Savannah State.

Louisville is going to slaughter us.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Hello Towel posted:

IU is having trouble with pressing from Savannah State.

Louisville is going to slaughter us.
Savannah State just won a game over Middle Georgia College.

I mention this partly because I didn't know there was a Middle Georgia College but mostly because Kenpom has inexplicably listed the opponent as "11th Cavalry".

(Oh and obviously if you're struggling with Savannah State you are so hosed)

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I mean, IU is winning, but they don't look really strong right now.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Goddammit NC State, I thought this team might not be as dumb as it has been. But no, still dumb.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Following the State game, seems like a good recovery after the awful start.

What happened with the technical on Lacey?

edit: Harvard beat Vermont in 2OT, losing that one would have killed any at-large hope. Will be interesting to see how long they can hang against UVA.

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 7, 2014

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

IU now leads 83-43.

Guess they figured it out. :shrug:

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

elentar posted:

Following the State game, seems like a good recovery after the awful start.

What happened with the technical on Lacey?

Got called for a mysterious foul and jawed at the ref.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
man totally forgot purdue even played today, i guess they did too wtf

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
Creighton at Nebraska has been a cool and fun game

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
Some kid from Creighton is banging threes right now. Nebraska only has one home loss since their new arena opened but they're definitely at risk here.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Huskies would be much better if they stop trying to shoot 3s. Or mid-range jumpers. Or attempting any kind of shot outside the paint.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

This was at halftime

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Baylor vs A&M tonight, gently caress a&m

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
So far this season almost every day has had something to offer, but today is going to be pretty rear end unless Florida fucks up hilariously against Yale.

edit: nope, not happening.

elentar fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 9, 2014

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

elentar posted:

So far this season almost every day has had something to offer, but today is going to be pretty rear end unless Florida fucks up hilariously against Yale.

edit: nope, not happening.

yeah we are up 77 - 31 with like 9 minutes to go lol

Apparently Donovan had the team out on the court really early coming out of the half while he watched them do a bunch of drills. He's scrambling to find ways to get these young dudes to play two good halves of basketball.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Please stop sucking Illinois. Villanova has missed seven shots and rebounded six of them.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

gvibes posted:

Please stop sucking Illinois. Villanova has missed seven shots and rebounded six of them.
Cosby and Starks are dead weight.

Maybe it's just rust, but I'm leaning towards maybe they both just suck. Groce needs to come to terms with it sooner rather than later.

We can't rebound worth a crap either, but playing 3 on 5 is the backbreaker.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
:siren: Egwu with a 3 :siren:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I swore to never watch Illinois again roughly 8 years ago. Egwu was on the team back then too.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Elfforkusu posted:

Cosby and Starks are dead weight.

Maybe it's just rust, but I'm leaning towards maybe they both just suck. Groce needs to come to terms with it sooner rather than later.

We can't rebound worth a crap either, but playing 3 on 5 is the backbreaker.
I thought Starks would be a chucker who could hit a bucket or two, and Cosby would be good. Cosby has been a disaster.

Tate sucks too, so idunno.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

gvibes posted:

I thought Starks would be a chucker who could hit a bucket or two, and Cosby would be good. Cosby has been a disaster.

Tate sucks too, so idunno.
Agreed on Tate, but at least when he screws up I can rationalize it as building towards his inexplicable transformation into a decent player in 2 years when he is a senior.

When Starks does something stupid, it's like, wtf are we playing this guy for?

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...
Could be a bad night for the big ten. I'm dreading this IU v Louisville game.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Jay Bilas alternating between 'Villanova is POUNDING Illinois' and 'Groce is a good coach'/'these are talented players'

Is he right on both? Doesn't seem like it to me but I am naturally pessimistic as heck about IL

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Only guy playing worth a drat is Malcolm Hill.

^^^ - I thoight he said Groce is a good coach and some guys on Illinois are talented, but Villanova are the better team.

Although now we're only down 3 so let's keep it up

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

Omelette du Fromage posted:

Jay Bilas alternating between 'Villanova is POUNDING Illinois' and 'Groce is a good coach'/'these are talented players'

Is he right on both? Doesn't seem like it to me but I am naturally pessimistic as heck about IL
Weber is gone, let the optimism flow.

But be aware that Egwu can't rebound for poo poo, Cosby seems to suck, and Starks is a PG with two skills: dribbling and chucking it.

Basically, in Rice/Hill/Nunn we trust and please learn how to play defense fast, Mr Black.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

OMG that shirt tracy :barf:

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
What a loving lovely call

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Elfforkusu posted:

Agreed on Tate, but at least when he screws up I can rationalize it as building towards his inexplicable transformation into a decent player in 2 years when he is a senior.

When Starks does something stupid, it's like, wtf are we playing this guy for?
Yeah, we locked up a scholarship for two years for one year of a midget combo guard chucker.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

gvibes posted:

Yeah, we locked up a scholarship for two years for one year of a midget combo guard chucker.
I don't really care about "locking up" the scholarship because it didn't stop us from bringing in anybody amazing. It's like when NFL teams overspend on a free agent bust. OK, they blew $15 mil in cap space. Which they would've done gently caress all with even if they had it, so who cares...

I do, however, care about the pain he inflicts on my eyes and psyche when he throws up another brick or passes to the wrong team.

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
Why have Starks take that shot?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Ok, I'm ok.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Elfforkusu posted:

Why have Starks take that shot?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Ok, I'm ok.

Yeah, I am going to assume Groce didn't draw it up like that.

For as poorly as we are playing, only being down 6 is pretty decent.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

groce is mediocre at best imo

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
Starks finally made one.

Incoming airball

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Some great last possessions alright

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011

Some great last possessions alright
*turnover*

*turnover*

*turnover*

*clank*

*turnover*

Our half court offense is not very good, Jay.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Bradley is up one at the half against K-State. The score is 19-18.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
Nova just scoring at will the last 6 minutes or so.

Frustrating. I want to be that good again!

• Locked thread