Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the climax of the brodeur situation is going to be incredible, the fact that blues fans continue to backtrack and hold out hope is astonishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Heaf posted:

More on Slava Voynov

@curtiszupke
Lombardi didn't appear to have an explanation for Voynov when reporters tried to ask him.

What the hell, indeed.

Can we even prove it was Voynov on the ice?

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
How much money would it cost to hire a really excellent French language tutor for Larry Robinson for about a year to where he can muddle his way through a few press conferences.

Come home Larry

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Heaf posted:

More on Slava Voynov

@curtiszupke
Lombardi didn't appear to have an explanation for Voynov when reporters tried to ask him.

What the hell, indeed.

gently caress the Kings

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

tofes posted:

gently caress the Kings

@reallisa
Talked to Lombardi - no change in Voynov status

Even more baffling. Why is he allowed on the ice?

lisa dillman @reallisa
Just got on the ice early - DL thought it would be good for Voynov to be around teammates for the day

Hmm.

Heaf fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 2, 2014

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

Aphrodite posted:

Can we even prove it was Voynov on the ice?

Yeah, there's a photo of him. Dean Lombardi said something to the effective of "I thought Voyov needed to be around his teammates?"

Kings are now apparently claiming that since the skate this morning was an optional one, that it was somehow okay for Voynov to skate.

MaoistBanker fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 2, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Regular suspensions prohibit taking part in team activities (up until the last week before it ends, I think?) so I imagine indefinite ones do too.

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

sba posted:

Buffalo has STL's first rounder :)

Buffalo's seriously going to get both Eichel and McDavid and be un-fuckin-stoppable for 15 years.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

I mean, I think the extent of this will be a pretty hefty fine and a rebuke from NYC, but it's not like Dean Lombardi is going to be put in prison for 50 years.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Is Elliott actually dead? Is Allen not waiver eligible?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

Buffalo's seriously going to get both Eichel and McDavid and be un-fuckin-stoppable for 15 years.

With what defence?

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Blues should probably delegate all goalie decisions to an impartial 3rd party, it would honestly be far better for them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

onemillionzombies posted:

Blues should probably delegate all goalie decisions to an impartial 3rd party, it would honestly be far better for them.

I like this idea, hockey forums around the internet should be a good place to look for talent. That gives them a pool of thousands of people who at least think they know everything about hockey to build a team from.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

Did Marty's new mask have a previous life as a Edmonton Oilers mask?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MaoistBanker posted:

Did Marty's new mask have a previous life as a Edmonton Oilers mask?

It doesn't appear to have any puck damage.

Oh wait I see it now. Is it supposed to be a wavy flag?

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

Drunk Canuck posted:

With what defence?

They could ice nothing but Andrew MacDonalds and Brian Straits and still win games 11-10 night after night.

Scylla
Sep 20, 2001

Pancakes by Mail posted:

How much money would it cost to hire a really excellent French language tutor for Larry Robinson for about a year to where he can muddle his way through a few press conferences.

Come home Larry
He speaks French already :v:

http://fr.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/imprimer.cgi?id=314226

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Come home Larry

Robinson's already stated multiple times that he doesn't want to coach again because it was too stressful for him.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

They could ice nothing but Andrew MacDonalds and Brian Straits and still win games 11-10 night after night.

No actually, they couldn't.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Please change thread title subtitle to "Schlub Related Activities" thanks in advance

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
And Lo!, with a vague, faint farting sound, the Kings did blow away whatever salary cap related sympathy I had for them.

Also: :lol: Blues.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Seeeeeriously thinking about getting a Brodeur blues away now.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

If nothing else it's one hell of a collectable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Franks Happy Place posted:

And Lo!, with a vague, faint farting sound, the Kings did blow away whatever salary cap related sympathy I had for them.

Also: :lol: Blues.

They actually got cap relief once he was charged.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

Drunk Canuck posted:

With what defence?

Myers, Zadorov and Risto is a pretty drat good core if you ask me.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Aphrodite posted:

I played the Detroit version of Monopoly once but it only has Jail and Baltic Avenue, and all the little house tokens were broken.

Doesn't every version of Monopoly start with all the houses being owned by the bank?

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Welp supposedly someone on twitter thinks that MacDonald is in and Del Zotto is scratched

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Spamtron7000 posted:

I wasn't and no.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Come home Larry

It's Larry Robinson, he could speak to the media only in a language that he understood and no one in Montreal would give him poo poo if he was willing to coach the Habs.

The Columbus Blue Jackets clearly killed a family of Gypsy-witches on an Indian burial ground during the off-season and are now cursed.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Get to know your Habs "worst iPod" edition, in which:

-PK's musical taste is disrespected
-PK is in denial about this fact
-and we learn that a) there is a Danish punk rock band and that b) Lars Eller is a fan of them

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Come home Larry

Yeah if Robinson quit his last coaching job because of the stress he'd last about thirty seconds in Montreal, French or no

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Spamtron7000 posted:

Is Buffalo playing for the Calder cup now?

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Whyno says the Kings get dinged to the tune of $100,000.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That's awesome.

e: Also the disparity in fines between elbowing some dude hard in the head vs. letting some dude on the practice ice is funny.

Don't disobey the NHL, or else.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol kings

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!

evenworse username posted:

Get to know your Habs "worst iPod" edition, in which:

-PK's musical taste is disrespected
-PK is in denial about this fact
-and we learn that a) there is a Danish punk rock band and that b) Lars Eller is a fan of them

Yeah if Robinson quit his last coaching job because of the stress he'd last about thirty seconds in Montreal, French or no

I enjoy Know Your Canadiens, but every time I watch it, I miss Hal Gill. :smith:
In fact I think I'm going to watch the potluck episode right now.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DOOMocrat posted:

Whyno says the Kings get dinged to the tune of $100,000.

Woefully insufficient but I guess it's something.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
Good. gently caress the Kings. That is some crazy bullshit.

If the League really wanted this to stick they'd pull their salary cap relief back. After all, it's clear the Kings consider him to be a part of the team - they wouldn't let a random dude skate in the optional practice, right?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
LOL Kings

I can't even begin to imagine how awkward that must have been for the team.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Clark Aitken points out something salient: With Voynov's salary, if they practiced him twice a week at 100 grand a pop, the Kings actually come out ahead on payroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Zybl0re posted:

I enjoy Know Your Canadiens, but every time I watch it, I miss Hal Gill. :smith:
In fact I think I'm going to watch the potluck episode right now.

Hal Gill, the last stay at home defender to be appreciated by HAS in a pre-analytics era.

• Locked thread