Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I have not received any new PMs with sweet, sweet action and objective cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The hand linked in your PM should have been updated. I know mine is.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
I am silly. Ignore my last post.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, I've taken to using dropbox links I can let auto-update just by overwriting them. It means you lose out on a complete blow-by-blow (because only the latest versions of your advances sheet exist) but makes it hugely faster to update.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Seeing as my turn is not changing come hell or lukewarm water, here it is.

Turn 2.1.4 - Balseraphs (Yellow)
1. Activate a city (C-15 collects 2 food)
2. Research Economic Liberty (-1 Food, -1 Idea)
3. Civic Improvement (-1 Mood token, E-15 is now happy)

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Oh I wasn't gonna post until I saw the new turn order, I didn't know if it went from high to low or low to high.

Anyway, those barbarians don't bother the Jebusites because barbarians are dumb and worship rocks or something. Our mighty god Moloch will rally his armies to protect us if the barbarians get any ideas (from their rocks). Still, our missionaries are going to move on out, to spread the word of these vile rock-lovers (maybe even carnally?).

Jebusites 2.1.1
1. Advance State Religion (-2 food, +1 mood)
2. Activate Hebron (I-15) to collect resources (+1 food, +1 wood)
3. Move settler from I-15 to I-13, then J-12 (via roads, -1 food, -1 ore if necessary)
For region placement, make I-13 not a mountain if possible, and put any water on the edge of the map. Any other placement issues, I'll get to them later.

Barbarians attack events triggered by other players won't affect me, right? Also, even if there is a barbarian attack, there's a 2/3 chance that it does nothing.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Abyssal Squid posted:

Barbarians attack events triggered by other players won't affect me, right? Also, even if there is a barbarian attack, there's a 2/3 chance that it does nothing.

A bit more than that? There's two barbarians there, so they're rolling 2d6 and looking for multiples of 5. But yes, Barbarian Attacks only affect the player that drew them.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Oh whoops, I'd assumed there would be only one (because they're Highlanders, you see :v:) Still, Moloch is a kind and just god, who won't allow barbarians to harm a single Jebusite.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Normally, yeah. You place one army on a new camp, and then you get to choose any camp on the map to add a second to. Since that's the only camp on the map, they both went there.

Oh, also:

Abyssal Squid posted:

3. Move settler from I-15 to I-13, then J-12 (via roads, -1 food, -1 ore if necessary)

This isn't allowed: Roads can't be used if exploring new areas. It's in the skill-specific clarifications at the back of the rulebook.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Turn 2.1.2 - Gaia's Stepchildren (Green)
1 - Activate a City: Gaia's Navel builds a temple (-1 ore, -1 wood, +1 mood)
2 - Found City: Plowshare Coast at F4
3 - Activate a City: Plowshare Coast collects 1 food
Free - Play Inspiration on Blue City 2 (H4), codenamed Bismerk, to duplicate Writing

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Stelas posted:

Normally, yeah. You place one army on a new camp, and then you get to choose any camp on the map to add a second to. Since that's the only camp on the map, they both went there.

Oh, also:

This isn't allowed: Roads can't be used if exploring new areas. It's in the skill-specific clarifications at the back of the rulebook.

Fair enough then, just moving the settler without Roads to I-13.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 2.1.1 - Jebusites (Red)

Red uncovers a barbarian tile! Red must choose one of the grassland spaces to spawn a barbarian camp with a single army. No extra Army this time.

Note this will not lead to two attacks during a Barbarian Attack - only the settlement with the most Armies in it attacks a city of yours.

Turn 2.1.2 - Gaia's Stepchildren (Green)

By building a temple when they have Dogma, Green earns a free Theocracy advance. By duplicating Writing from Blue via an action card when they have a Government tech, Green also earns a free Action+Objective card.

And, again, I noticed the mood token count on Green's board was off. I've fixed it up and done a full audit of everyone's stuff. Teach me to try updating from work.

Action Queue
- Green: Choose free Theocracy Advance, check new cards
- Red: Place camp in H12 or H14.

Jebusites (Red) (Abyssal Squid)
Gaia's Stepchildren (Green) (frankenfreak)
Mafia Murder Mpire (Blue) (MildManeredManikin)
Balseraphs (Yellow) (Cynic Jester)
Player Aid (Costs, etc.) | Rules | Available Wonders | Objectives

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Barbarians on H-12, the mercy and splendor of Moloch keeps them away from Hebron.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Devotion, cards checked

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

While I'm at it, my next action:

Jebusites 2.2.1
1. Move settler to J-12 (putting sea on the edge of the map, if possible)
2. Found a city at J-12 (Jerusalem)
3. Activate Hebron (I-15) to build a Temple (-1 wood, -1 ore, +1 mood)
3a. Create a Settler at Hebron (I-15) (via Sanitation, -1 food)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 2.1.3 - Mafia Murder Mpire (Blue)

COs are in for 2.1.4 and 2.2.1.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The council was pretty disrupted when the leader of another nation came in and said "Here's what you should do" but hey, why not?

Turn 2.1.3 - Mafia Murder Mpire
1. Activate city I3 for 1 ore and 1 wood
2. Activate city H4 to build an academy
3. Move settler to I5

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 2.1.3 - Mafia Murder Mpire (Blue)

Blue listens to their enemies. The Academy grants 2 Ideas.

Yellow pick up Economic Liberty, one of the most influential advances in the game. I consider this a little risky when you've only got size 1 cities, even if they're happy - not being able to easily collect twice in a turn can really restrict your options sometimes. Yellow's in position to fix that quickly, but I still think there's better things to do first if you're going Democracy, like get a city built up a bit or a good Idea loop going.

Turn 2.2.1 - Jebusites (Red)

As we all know, Jerusalem is a port. Clearly. (As a note, you don't have to specify 'water at the edge of the map' - this condition must be met if possible / no water already present.)

Turn 2.2.2 - Gaia's Stepchildren (Green)

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Stelas posted:

Turn 2.2.1 - Jebusites (Red)

As we all know, Jerusalem is a port. Clearly. (As a note, you don't have to specify 'water at the edge of the map' - this condition must be met if possible / no water already present.)

Climate change, man. And yeah, I'd forgotten that part, and the part about water having to be contiguous.

Things still look pretty safe so I'll put in Jebusite CO for 2.3.1
1. Activate Hebron (I-15) to collect resources (+2 food, +1 wood)
2. Move settler from I-15 to G-13 (via Roads, -1 food)
3. Found city at G-13 (Jericho)

It's a-comin', the free Advancement. The Jebusites will choose Storage (+1 mood, triggers event). Until recently we stored our surplus food in particularly fat kids, but by the time spring would come around they'd get skinny again and there would be hardly anything left to eat. With these brand new granaries, we can fatten them up for Moloch any time of year!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Mafia Murderers, our wise and judicious god Moloch has graciously offered to part the waters separating our proud and mighty nations! If you move your settler due south along I-7 and I-9, they won't even wet their feet. However, we can understand if you'd rather keep a moat around your cities, to protect you from the rapacity of Gaia's Stepchildren and their wretched, alien gods.

So yeah it looks like you've got a choice between a land bridge which means more land spaces to collect resources from, and a possible moat which slows down your expansion a bit but gives you incredible flexibility with your ships once you pick up Navigation. That's not guaranteed to be possible though, and I'd have to send explorers in to shape the terrain for you. I suppose when I put it that way it doesn't sound that appealing, but the offer's open nonetheless.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
1 - Advance: Art & Sculptures (-2 food, +1 culture)
Free - Civic Improvement: Plowshare Coast to "happy" (-1 culture, -1 mood)
2 - Activate City: Gaia's Navel collects (+2 food, +1 ore)
3 - Advance: Engineering (-2 food)

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 8, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

1 - Advance: Art & Sculptures (-2 food, +1 culture)
Free - Civic Improvement: Plowshare Coast to "happy" (-1 culture, -1 mood)

Sorry, took me a while to get to this to notice: Art + Sculptures lets you pay a culture token to get a free Cultural Influence, not a free Civic Improvement. See Voting for the Civic version.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Sorry to everyone for delaying the game with that mix-up!

1 - Advance: Mathematics (-2 food, +1 idea)
2 - Activate City: Gaia's Navel to collect (+2 food, +1 ore)
3 - Advance: Free Education (-2 food, +1 mood)

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
I thought I already put it my CO. Whoops.

0. Activate a city (E-15 collects 1 wood, 1 ore)
1. Activate a city (C-15 builds an academy, +2 Idea, -1 Food, -1 wood, -1 Ore)
2. Research Civil Liberties (-2 Idea)
3. Civil Liberties (+3 Mood)

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

Sorry to everyone for delaying the game with that mix-up!

No worries. It might be the lightest civ game I know but it's still pretty fiddly. That said, to be absolutely sure:

frankenfreak posted:

1 - Advance: Mathematics (-2 food, +1 idea)

Think you mean +1 Culture - you don't have Philosophy yet. Additionally bear in mind that Free Education only counts if you use only Gold or Ideas or both. 1 Food 1 Idea won't trigger it.

If this is in error let me know and I'll redo your turn a bit (i.e. 'oops I meant to take X instead of Y'). Since you're probably getting the event either way, I'll run it as Free Education pushes you to Mood 3:

Event: Volcano! posted:

If you have at least four cities, pick one city. This city along with any units on it are destroyed. Each city-piece destroyed in this way grants 2 VP at the end of the game.

Nothing happens.

... getting a city blown up is bad for your civilization, sure, but it makes for some very awesome history down the road!

Turn 2.2.3 - Mafia Murder Mpire (Blue)

COs are in for 2.2.4, 2.3.1.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Phone posting but I don't want to delay the game so no fancy format

Flavour: gently caress the council

1. Use my advance action card. Pay 1 cult token for free education, get one mood token (event triggered)
2. Pay 2 ideas for public education get two mood tokens (event triggered)
3. Collect from my second city (1 food, 1 ore, 1 wood, 1 idea)
4. Move settler south

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

MildManeredManikin posted:

2. Pay 2 ideas for public education get two mood tokens (event triggered)

I'll run this when I get home but heads up, this won't get you a second event - the little marker only goes up when you buy a Mood advance. The number below it is how many mood tokens you have, with your Mood marker indicating the max. So you'll end the turn aaatttt 4 Mood with 3 Mood Tokens.

I swear at some point we'll have gotten through all the niggly rule bits.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Wait so does that mean I should not do that series of actions as it will result in me not being able to keep all that mood?

Edit: nvm I learned to read

Jump King fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 8, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

No, you're good? Right now you're at 0/2 Mood Tokens, you'll end at 3/4 Mood Tokens because your two advances will bump your limit up. Mood tends to max out anyways until you've got more ways to spend it / expand more, but having a buffer in case of a poo poo Event never hurts.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 2.2.3 - Mafia Murder Mpire (Blue)

Blue plays Advance, allowing an advance to be bought for free at no action cost in return for a culture token. Which triggers an event:

Event: Famine! posted:

You lose 2 Food. For each Food you are unable to pay, you must reduce the mood of one of your Cities directly to angry. Gold cannot be used as a substitute.

Blue has Irrigation, and is thus immune.

Turn 2.2.4 - Balseraphs (Yellow)

So, by the same logic as the post above, I'm going to check that Cynic Jester wants to do his CO. His Mood slider is at 2, meaning that activating Civil Liberties is only going to give him 2 mood tokens, rather than 3.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Stelas posted:

Think you mean +1 Culture - you don't have Philosophy yet.
Yeah, it looks like I was skipping a step there. I'll advance Philosophy instead of Mathematics then.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

That should be fixed up.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Hey CynicJester, I've noticed that you're wanting for Mood tokens, and I've got a surplus. Wanna trade your 1 Food for 2 of my Mood tokens on my turn? Or on your next turn, shouldn't matter much. For technical reasons (Storage limit), if it happens on my turn, doing it at the end of the turn.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Need my food, sorry squid.

And yeah, go ahead with my CO.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Turn 2.2.4 - Balseraphs (Yellow)

The Balseraphs have more Civil Liberties than they can actually handle!

Turn 2.3.1 - Jebusites (Red)

The Jebusites spawn a third city.

Turn 2.3.2 - Gaia's Stepchildren (Green)

Including which tech you want as your free one at Status Phase would be handy!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
1 - Activate City: Gaia's Navel to collect (+2 food, +1 wood)
2 - Advance: Engineering (-2 food)
3 - Civic Improvement: Plowshare Coast to happy (-1 mood)

Status Phase 2 - Gaia's Stepchildren (Green)
Free Advance: Sanitation

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Whoops, my mistake this time - you got 1 Idea from Philosophy last turn, if that changes anything.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
It doesn't.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

With the purchase of Engineering, another Wonder is revealed.

Turn 2.3.3 - Mafia Murder Mpire (Blue)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Cynic Jester posted:

Need my food, sorry squid.

And yeah, go ahead with my CO.

Well the idea was to spare you an action with Civil Liberties, but yeah it looks like you needed it pretty bad, and I imagine next turn you want to collect with C-15 and build an Academy at E-15 so you'll be short on resources still. Still, I'll up my offer, just something to keep in mind: 2 Mood and 1 Food for 1 Ore. I've been so ore-starved since those Barbarians spawned and I had no clue what was nearby. :{ I may drop the offer if I get a sweet-rear end event though.

• Locked thread