Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gorman Thomas posted:

Lol at ever walking out of a movie you paid to see.

I had to suffer through The Host (not the Korean one) while spending around $40 for tickets and popcorn. My girlfriend wasn't allowed to pick movies for a year after that one.

If you leave before it ends most theatres will give you your money back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

If you leave before it ends most theatres will give you your money back.

no they give you credit, or free tickets good for 1 month.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TOILETLORD posted:

no they give you credit, or free tickets good for 1 month.

That's fine by me I'd probably spend the refund money on a ticket to a different movie anyway.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Alien Resurrection. The film burnt up in the projector about two thirds of the way through. The theater was offering refunds. The movie was really bad so we took the refund instead of waiting for them to load a new reel. Seeing it on cable years later, I didn't miss anything.

Dick Fagballzson fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 2, 2014

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i didnt like inglorious bastards i felt like leaving but didnt cause my bf was enjoying it. dunno what was wrong really, i know it's not a bad movie but i hated the dialogue and found it atrocious. I usually like tarantino movies too.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

hemale in pain posted:

i didnt like inglorious bastards i felt like leaving but didnt cause my bf was enjoying it. dunno what was wrong really, i know it's not a bad movie but i hated the dialogue and found it atrocious. I usually like tarantino movies too.

the secret is all tarantino movies are terrible, because he pretty much just steals everything, but makes worse dialogue.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Runaktla posted:

That double header movie Grindhouse/Death Proof done by Quentin Tarantino.

Grindhouse was a cheesy but fun movie.

Death Proof was 25 minutes of dumb women talking, 5 minutes of fun poo poo, 25 more minutes of dumb women talking, 5 minutes of fun poo poo. I couldn't stand to listen to them talk.

This too, just people talking forever. It was a long time ago but i seem to remember it was trying so hard to be smart/witty i was just like gently caress this is boring.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
I liked Planet Terror and the fake previews, especially Thanksgiving. It really lost me with that car chase thing with the endless bad dialogue from the annoying women. You could pretty much walk out of Grindhouse after the fake previews were over and not miss anything.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

TOILETLORD posted:

the secret is all tarantino movies are terrible, because he pretty much just steals everything, but makes worse dialogue.

maybe, i liked kill bill 1 and enjoyed the poo poo dialogue because it was campy but by the half way point of kill bill vol2 i'd had enough. There's I kid you not about an hour of just dialogue between her and bill, 10 minutes of it being about superman, JUST FIGHT.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
The worst is when you can literally hear Tarantino doing one of his rants about something, except speaking through one of the actors in his movies. Some of his dialogue is very funny, but he needs to learn how to trim that poo poo down.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

hemale in pain posted:

maybe, i liked kill bill 1 and enjoyed the poo poo dialogue because it was campy but by the half way point of kill bill vol2 i'd had enough. There's I kid you not about an hour of just dialogue between her and bill, 10 minutes of it being about superman, JUST FIGHT.

I adore Kill Bill Vol. 1 for its direction and choreography, but the dialogue is pretty damned bad. I just can't care enough to stop what my eyes want.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Das Boo posted:

I adore Kill Bill Vol. 1 for its direction and choreography, but the dialogue is pretty damned bad. I just can't care enough to stop what my eyes want.

should just watch gumball if you want eye candy.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TOILETLORD posted:

should just watch gumball if you want eye candy.

Why does it have to be an either/or situation?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

Why does it have to be an either/or situation?

why doesn't it?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TOILETLORD posted:

why doesn't it?

Because both Gumball and Kill Bill 1 (and 2 imo but I recognize I am in the minority there) are awesome and you can enjoy watching either of them whenever you want?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

Because both Gumball and Kill Bill 1 (and 2 imo but I recognize I am in the minority there) are awesome and you can enjoy watching either of them whenever you want?

why would you choose to drink franzia when you have a bottle of dom next to it?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TOILETLORD posted:

why would you choose to drink franzia when you have a bottle of dom next to it?

Maybe you don't always feel like sitting through a whole movie.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

Maybe you don't always feel like sitting through a whole movie.

then don't start a movie in the first place and plan ahead like an adult.

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009

Gorman Thomas posted:

Lol at ever walking out of a movie you paid to see.

lol if you don't just sneak into one of the other theaters and start watching a different movie

that said the one time i walked out of a movie was one of the pokemon sequels. we snuck into nutty professor 2 which wasn't an improvement

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

TOILETLORD posted:

then don't start a movie in the first place and plan ahead like an adult.

that's copacetic with the scenario I described.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

lol if you don't just sneak into one of the other theaters and start watching a different movie

that said the one time i walked out of a movie was one of the pokemon sequels. we snuck into nutty professor 2 which wasn't an improvement

i sat through both. Looking back i can't believe how many poo poo movies i saw.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

Me too but the other way around and also it was a significant improvement because it was the one with the Alphabet pokemon.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
I had to walk out of District 19 since the shakey camera views made my wife sick and upset.

While we didn't walk out, we did see Crank 2 at the theater. By the end of the movie, we were the last people in the theater.

I wanted to walk out of Independence Day --- utter horseshit, but I was with a large group.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Applewhite posted:

i do think kill bill 2 is good, i love the martial art movie parody and the bride getting buried and then ripping the eye out of the 1 eye lady was badass. Just everything after that and before she kills bill is ugghhhh.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Liquid Chicken posted:

I had to walk out of District 19 since the shakey camera views made my wife sick and upset.

While we didn't walk out, we did see Crank 2 at the theater. By the end of the movie, we were the last people in the theater.

I wanted to walk out of Independence Day --- utter horseshit, but I was with a large group.

Liquid Chicken otherwise known as I hate fun

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I nearly walked out on the Max Payne movie, if not for me and my friends being buzzed and making dumb jokes throughout it all.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i think the movie i had the most fun seeing was mars attacks.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
dinner for shmucks

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I went to see A Haunting in Connecticut with my sister and it was godawful. What I remember most about it was these two women decided to sit directly in front of us in a nearly empty theater and proceeded to get pissed off at our sniggering.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Eragon because I realized it was just Star Wars and Lord of the Rings mashed up

Prince of Persia at the dollar theater because in one scene they're in the desert and then they start walking and a minute later it's winter and it's snowing

I think that's it, after that I somehow gained the ability to sit through anything no matter how much of a crock of loving poo poo it is, even Dinesh D'Souza's America

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Only movies I ever walked out of was Ted, and Grown Ups.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

ethanol posted:

where the wild things is

I walked out of my loving house I could not stand any part of this movie.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Motherfucker posted:

I walked out of my loving house I could not stand any part of this movie.

"It's the movie's house now, son."

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I've never walked out of a movie because I'm not a pretentious douchebag and it's like 2 hours of my life bfd.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

hemale in pain posted:

you never seen a samurai movie before? because this is basically what they do before the last fight.

Darse
Jan 14, 2008
Wake up young man.
The only one was that King Kong movie peter jackson did, I made it to the long-necks stampeding or something, i'm not sure if you had even seen kong at that point but it felt like id been there for hours.

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf
My grandma made us leave like 15 minutes into the Nutty Professor 2: The Klumps.

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If I walk out I just watch something else in the theater. I paid for a movie... I'll get a drat movie.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Marvin Freeman posted:

My grandma made us leave like 15 minutes into the Nutty Professor 2: The Klumps.

I'm glad NP2:Kumps is getting a lot of mentions on this thread it was seriously one of the worst films I have ever seen.

Film I should have walked out on: The Last Airbender. The actual worst film I have ever seen including films that are bad on purpose, films that are direct to video and films that people make by accident when they don't realize they are recording.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I walked out of The Hunchback of Notre Dame with my grandma because it was too loving scary for my fragile 7 year old mind

• Locked thread