Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
The Legend of the Lone Ranger
The Love Guru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

vyst posted:

I've never walked out of a movie because I'm not a pretentious douchebag and it's like 2 hours of my life bfd.

look at this goof who doesn't value there own time.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

fell asleep during the men who stare at goats, what a piece

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Cnut the Great posted:

your behavior was extremely rude and you ruined your friend's night. fix your sleep schedule and start eating healthy foods so you can avoid falling asleep in a room with sound blaring at you from all sides

I dunno, blaring sound actually makes me sleepy. I've fallen asleep at like half the movies I've been to, always during the action climax bullshit. I think it's a sensory overload thing also im gay

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BiohazrD posted:

fell asleep during the men who stare at goats, what a piece

watched this really baked out of my mind. i may have enjoyed it, but i also had no idea what was happening at all.

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Gummo.

gently caress Harmony Korine. Pretentious twat.

Wertjoe
May 10, 2007

Knocked up
A few newer kung fu movies I think one was called Nomad?
Secret Window
Guardians of the Galaxy

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Wertjoe posted:

Knocked up
A few newer kung fu movies I think one was called Nomad?
Secret Window
Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy got really good in the second half.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I fell asleep during the first five minutes of the Ridley Scott Robin Hood and slept through the whole thing.
Also through Hot Tub Time Machine.
Tbh I was an incredibly potent meds at those times and the second incident was so powerful that my friend couldn't wake me up and had to get someone from the staff to help who also couldn't get me up, after like 15 minutes I awoke somehow and we went home.
I can't remember what that poo poo was, Welbutrin or Zyprexa or something but I was sleeping like 16 hours a day for a few months holy Moses.

Wertjoe
May 10, 2007

Applewhite posted:

While that may be true an entire half of a movie being really boring makes it a bad movie. Thats a 50%. If Guardians of the Galaxy was in school it would get an F.
An F, Applewhite.

F.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Wertjoe posted:

While that may be true an entire half of a movie being really boring makes it a bad movie. Thats a 50%. If Guardians of the Galaxy was in school it would get an F.
An F, Applewhite.

F.

You're... right.

Oh God

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Kill Bill part 1 is still the only movie I wished I had walked out of, mostly because I didn't know that Tarantino was being a money-grubbing whore and trying to get me to pay twice to see a lovely movie. The dialogue was so bad that 20-year old me still couldn't stand it.

And it's not like I hate Tarantino flicks. Jackie Brown is one of my favorite movies, and I've watched Pulp Fiction more times than I can count.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i wish i had walked out of paranormal activity but i had this retard idea that "maybe something good will happen" and it didn't because that movie is poo poo

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001
The batman movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger

Looked like batman on ice and that made me sad.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I tried to walk out of balls of fury but I was way too high

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I tried to walk out of balls of fury but I was way too high

You lucked out balls of fury was actually awesome.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I remember walking out of this poo poo movie with my parents when I was 9, god what a poo poo movie.

I also walked out of prometheus in IMAX because my girlfriend had a panic attack, and did not protest in leaving. I ended up finishing it later and the end was way worse, what a terrible loving movie.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Voltage posted:

I remember walking out of this poo poo movie with my parents when I was 9, god what a poo poo movie.

I also walked out of prometheus in IMAX because my girlfriend had a panic attack, and did not protest in leaving. I ended up finishing it later and the end was way worse, what a terrible loving movie.

I'm sorry to hear Dear God sucked. I only just learned it existed a few moments ago but it sounds like a strong concept that could have been great with the proper execution.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

My wife and I just found out that she was infertile so to cheer her up I thought I would take her to a Pixar movie.

Worst loving mistake of my life.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Stuck on You. I think that's what it was called? Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear. Jesus that movie was garbage. Also that lovely horror movie, Dark Water.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
i walked out of The watchmen

ive seen it a few times since and like it but that day in the theatre i was just so loving bored

Cinderful
Feb 12, 2006

Transformers 2. The racist robots were really unfunny and so offensive.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

The matrix sequels. Those movies tried way too hard.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Spring Breakers.

Boozlebub
Dec 8, 2011
I walked out on Cloverfield. It was already treading on thin ice, what with the focus on insufferable douchebags and horrid shakey camera messing making me sick to my stomach just about as much as the horrid pieces of poo poo that were the characters. Then came the loving spider looking loving things. I just said "gently caress it. I'm out." I was there with my wife and her friend, who stayed the rest of the movie. I stood outside smoking heavily.

I missed Clover's great reveal or whatever the hell was supposed to be the big deal. I couldn't care enough. The only way I wanted to see Clover is a nice golden statue to its honor for ridding the planet of such useless morons.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
None, because going to the cinema is that loving expensive I want to get my money's worth. If I ever some how accidentally see a movie that is so hideous I feel I can't continue watching it I'm just going to use that time to catch up on the news, post to some forum threads and maybe have a little nap.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Kitchner posted:

None, because going to the cinema is that loving expensive I want to get my money's worth. If I ever some how accidentally see a movie that is so hideous I feel I can't continue watching it I'm just going to use that time to catch up on the news, post to some forum threads and maybe have a little nap.

You can usually get a refund or credit man you don't have to sit in there and waste your time in agony.

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Had I gone to see the first Garfield live action movie in a theatre I would've stormed out after the first two minutes. Luckily it was just that my little sister had borrowed the DVD from her friend and I managed to watch the first two minutes before I decided to go back posting online so I could wash that garbage off my mind with different kind of garbage

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Applewhite posted:

this is the opposite of true. the first half was good because of the funny interactions between all the oddball characters who got forced together against their will. but then in the second half they decided they were all best friends even though they hadn't actually gone through that much together, like i guess it was just that time in the script or something so the writers said "gently caress it". then there were a bunch of action sequences that weren't that interesting, and then star-lord danced, which was sort of funny, but not that funny. it was alright

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Regrettable posted:

Got invited to watch Suckerpunch. I didn't know what it was since I didn't have cable at the time but a friend manages the Edward's so whatevs free movie. My friend and I walked out of that piece of poo poo movie about 20 minutes in and left our 5 other friends who didn't seem to care that it was loving awful. Also walked out of Machete because it was terrible. It wasn't funny bad. Just bad.

I bought the extended edition blu-ray version of this movie for $5 to see if it would be any better and have since tried watching it three times with over an hour still left. How can you take such a promising idea and screw it up this bad? If the movie was nothing but the movie poster frozen on screen for two hours it would be better

Never walked out of a movie but half the theater did leave during Snakes on A Plane. In retrospect I should have joined them.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cyks posted:

Never walked out of a movie but half the theater did leave during Snakes on A Plane. In retrospect I should have joined them.
...............what did they expect? it was the perfect movie that delivered exactly what it promised, sam jackson going SNAKES ON A PLANE, followed by 90 minutes of really lovely syfy action-drama all wrapped in up as a lovely lowbudget turd which it was. i dont think it ever pretended to be otherwise.

Drfishback
Nov 5, 2009
Walked out of X-men 3 when my kid and I both agreed it was poo poo 25 minutes in. Also witnessed around 15-20 people leave The Devil's Rejects right after the Semi-Truck runs the maid over...well worth the cash just for that.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Xaris posted:

...............what did they expect? it was the perfect movie that delivered exactly what it promised, sam jackson going SNAKES ON A PLANE, followed by 90 minutes of really lovely syfy action-drama all wrapped in up as a lovely lowbudget turd which it was. i dont think it ever pretended to be otherwise.

To be fair when that snake bit that woman's tittay it was p funny

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

the only one I can think of would've been Inception, I wanted to get out of there to a point of desperation but I went with 7 other people and we were split between different rows so coming to a "gently caress it lets go get drunk instead" consensus would've been difficult (but if I had known how long the thing was going to drag on I probably would've peaced out anyway)

turns out all of us hated it except for my one friends gf but she was a stone cold bitch so gently caress her stupid bad opinion

then I got home and looked it up and was greeted with a deluge of glowing reviews lol

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

flesh dance posted:

the only one I can think of would've been Inception, I wanted to get out of there to a point of desperation but I went with 7 other people and we were split between different rows so coming to a "gently caress it lets go get drunk instead" consensus would've been difficult (but if I had known how long the thing was going to drag on I probably would've peaced out anyway)

turns out all of us hated it except for my one friends gf but she was a stone cold bitch so gently caress her stupid bad opinion

then I got home and looked it up and was greeted with a deluge of glowing reviews lol

christopher nolan is a hack

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

flesh dance posted:

yea i don't get that. like it was p bad but i could see giving it some lukewarm reviews at best

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
I walked out of a packed theater showing Mission Impossible 2. I admit, I was a bit drunk, and I yelled out "If they use that rip off the face disguise one more time, I'm loving leaving!" Sure enough, someone takes their face off just a few minutes later. "gently caress this poo poo, I'm out of here!" I was in the middle of the row, so I drunkenly stumbled and tripped my way over twenty or so patrons of the art.

I played video games in the lobby for the next hour while waiting for my somewhat embarrassed friends.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Wertjoe posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy

i will fight you

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
I really should have walked out on the Fourth Kind. What the gently caress was my girlfriend thinking? The worst movie I've seen in theatres - and I saw Last Airbender in theatres.

If you haven't seen it - or heard of it- it's legitimately the dumbest/worst execution I've ever seen for it's concept.

Going from memory: It's an alien abduction movie but it's told as a documentary as if it were real. While that concept has been done to death - the movie doubles down on itself and as the "documentary" portion is happening they recreate scenes from the interviews using "actors" like Milla Jovovich --- and then TRIPLE DOWN on the concept by interviewing Milla Jovovich AS Milla Jovovich and her experience with it.

:psyboom:

gently caress off movie. You tried to be clever and you failed. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
really bad opinions in this thread

goddam

• Locked thread