Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not gonna check but im gonna bet that's the end of the url for his tag. cmon guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Huh, okay. I tried translating "Stan Hansen" earlier and it rendered no results, but just searching Hansen (ハンセン) brings them up. I've never really seen much of his stuff so I'm excited to see him clothesline the poo poo out of everybody.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I'm personally waiting for this:

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2014-11-25/new-japan-pro-wrestling-american-television-axs-tv

my plan is to watch this special and then get hooked and dive deeper into the rabbit hole.

In doing so I will be encouraging more english commentary in the future.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I plan on hitting the G1 starting tonight. Only saw Okada/Styles from night one. That was a really good match. AJ is so good.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

gfanikf posted:

Also I'm willing to start a pot with :10bux: for someone to get a working and installable apk (ie it can at least install) for the player anyone else want to contribute?

You may want to post this at XDA. I requested the app but a bounty may make it appear quicker.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2392504&page=858

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Call Me Charlie posted:

You may want to post this at XDA. I requested the app but a bounty may make it appear quicker.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2392504&page=858

Done!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The problem with the Android app is you need a VPN to use it after you get it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daniel Bryan posted:

The problem with the Android app is you need a VPN to use it after you get it.

Ahhh gently caress...really? Oh wait I think I have one...how much of a pain in the rear end is it to set one up? Apparently I get openvpn for free...I think.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 3, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Never mind I'm a moron who misread this tweet

https://twitter.com/kobashi100/status/539511181799874561

hey maybe you can ask that guy to upload the apk

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daniel Bryan posted:

Never mind I'm a moron who misread this tweet

https://twitter.com/kobashi100/status/539511181799874561

hey maybe you can ask that guy to upload the apk

Awesome! Doing so now...and deleting the :10bux: post at XDA...well if this works (as this dude would get the :10bux:).

Edit apparently someone at SSS is claiming the NJPW App only works on Android 3.0 or under....but that makes no sense...I'm hoping that's a mistranslation, since the UK guy was able to run it and I mean who the hell is running 3.0 or below?

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 3, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Good news!

I was able to VPN in and get it. I'm told this is a good way to share the link:

http://www.droidbin.com/p19875lvc3ucout98qh1upbqc43

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daniel Bryan posted:

Good news!

PM me your PayPal address

It works Wooooooooooo!!!!!!

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 3, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

gfanikf posted:

PM me your PayPal address

It's cool. Keep your money. Just wanted to help out.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daniel Bryan posted:

It's cool. Keep your money. Just wanted to help out.

Cool. It works! Thank you so much!

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Daniel Bryan posted:

Good news!

Confirmed it doesn't work on the Fire TV :( App tries to open a link. Fire TV throws a Unsupported Browser Link error. No way around it.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

The app literally just opens http://njpwworld.com/ in your mobile browser. It doesn't do anything else. Can you sideload Chrome on your Fire?

Edit: Actually now that I'm actually watching a video, it somehow did kick it back to the app. Still I'd try sideloading Chrome.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sub Rosa posted:

The app literally just opens http://njpwworld.com/ in your mobile browser. It doesn't do anything else. Can you sideload Chrome on your Fire?

Edit: Actually now that I'm actually watching a video, it somehow did kick it back to the app. Still I'd try sideloading Chrome.

Yeah it seems like it just plays the video and nothing else. Rather simple, but I'm not going to complain.

Apparently there are plans for console apps too.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

what a burial of okada...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

gfanikf posted:

Yeah it seems like it just plays the video and nothing else. Rather simple, but I'm not going to complain.

Apparently there are plans for console apps too.

I can't install the apk at the moment but does it translate the site or is it all in Japanese?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Anybody else getting this text on top?

I'm assuming it's just down for maintenance.

Edit: nvm they just tweeted that it's down.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Man, NJPW is ballsy.

Their network makes you apologize for causing them inconvenience

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What time does World Tag League start this Soil?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flashy_mcflash posted:

I can't install the apk at the moment but does it translate the site or is it all in Japanese?

No translation. Though apparently NJPW is thinking of adding that.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is the one event that won't be truly live due to prior agreement with Nico. It ahould be up on World at midnight though, which should be 10 AM EST. It's basically just a four hour delay.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
for any fellow nerds, you can fairly easily save njpw world stuff. you need ffmpeg compiled with --with-openssl. log in to njpw world, open up chrome/firefox web developer tools, go to the Network tab and copy the URL from the iPhonePlaylist.m3u8 GET request and the value of its BIGipServerPOOL_HTTP_www2.uliza.jp_WEB1-3 request cookie. then do this

code:
ffmpeg -y -cookies "BIGipServerPOOL_HTTP_www2.uliza.jp_WEB1-3=COOKIE_GOES_HERE; path=/; domain
=njpwworld.com" -i "URL_GOES_HERE" -c copy filename.ts
you can also pipe the output to VLC or whatever:

code:
ffmpeg -y -cookies "BIGipServerPOOL_HTTP_www2.uliza.jp_WEB1-3=COOKIE_GOES_HERE; path=/; domain
=njpwworld.com" -i "URL_GOES_HERE" -c copy -f hls pipe:1 | vlc -
i imagine this will probably help with getting stuff to play on your rokus etc but i dont know anything about that

edit: the only problem is if a request times out ffmpeg will just give up. there is probably a way to make it not do this but i don't know what it is.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 3, 2014

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Spermgod posted:

for any fellow nerds, you can fairly easily save njpw world stuff. you need ffmpeg compiled with --with-openssl. log in to njpw world, open up chrome/firefox web developer tools, go to the Network tab and copy the URL from the iPhonePlaylist.m3u8 GET request and the value of its BIGipServerPOOL_HTTP_www2.uliza.jp_WEB1-3 request cookie. then do this

code:
=njpwworld.com" -i "URL_GOES_HERE" -c copy filename.ts

you can also pipe the output to VLC or whatever:

code:
=njpwworld.com" -i "URL_GOES_HERE" -c copy -f hls pipe:1 | vlc -

i imagine this will probably help with getting stuff to play on your rokus etc but i dont know anything about that

edit: the only problem is if a request times out ffmpeg will just give up. there is probably a way to make it not do this but i don't know what it is.

this is great, thank you

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
it's annoying that all the 4:3 stuff is pillarboxed 16:9. i guess it's probably the same on the WWE network?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah, it is. i mean the other options are either stretched or blown up 16:9 and both of those are bad

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
the problem is the pillarboxes are encoded into the video itself rather than the video being 4:3 and relying on the player to pillarbox it. the way they did it 16:10 displays get letterboxing in addition to the pillarboxing.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So what's the deal with Captain new Japan? Is his arch nemesis The All Japan Skull?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

So what's the deal with Captain new Japan? Is his arch nemesis The All Japan Skull?

Nailed it

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Spermgod posted:

the problem is the pillarboxes are encoded into the video itself rather than the video being 4:3 and relying on the player to pillarbox it. the way they did it 16:10 displays get letterboxing in addition to the pillarboxing.

oh yeah that is a little weird

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

gfanikf posted:

No translation. Though apparently NJPW is thinking of adding that.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Based on time zones, as mentioned, it's probably late at night on Money for America.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BigRed0427 posted:

He's a wimpy virgin loser super hero.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh Inoki you are batshit insane...or Nick Gulas (well if at territory selling story is true).

http://enuhito.com/51968302.html

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

gfanikf posted:

Oh Inoki you are batshit insane...or Nick Gulas (well if at territory selling story is true).

http://enuhito.com/51968302.html

That man has some serious steeze for a 70 year old nutjob.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

For those of you waiting on various apps:

Big Dave posted:

The plan is also for the service to be available soon on Smart TV, PS 3, PS 4, Xbox One, and Apple TV.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ain't none of those console ones coming to the U.S.

the others I dunno I assume most smart TVs are heavily walled gardens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I have been having problems with videos loading all night. I just wanna watch the NJ Cup :(

• Locked thread