Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The Devitte run with the jrn title did give the division some much needed character to it, but for the most part they are just there to warm up the crowd. The Jrn tag titles are purely to get people excited in anticipation of the real important parts of the card, and they're effective at doing that. At the same time I wouldn't be shocked to discover that the jrn tag tourny ends up having created more buzz than whats been a pretty lackluster world tag league.

There's been some good tag leagues over the years but the line up this year just hasn't really clicked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Spermgod posted:

I mean that's true now but in the 90s it had its own booker, its own ace, and was a minor draw in itself. I don't think they have anyone even close to a 90s Liger who can carry the division like that now but there's no reason they shouldn't try.

Yeah I don't disagree with this at all. There is a problem now where it's almost like the American scene where if anyone gets truly credible in the jrn's they're pushed up to the heavyweight scene. Also while I've liked the matches, I don't think the annual feed the Jrn champ to the IWGP champ main event does anything for anybody, except reinforce that the heavyweights are more important.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

They could have made Ibushi the New Liger. Hell, he's young-ish, they still could. It'd be amazing, if he became the new Jr Ace.

Ibushi and NJPW have both made it clear his future is in the heavyweight division and that he's now above the jrn's. I don't see him being relegated back to it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

What was the year where Nakumura met a traveller along the road and traded his soul for charisma?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

CHAOS are still heels today though except when facing the Bullet Club or Sasukigun, correct? According to wikipedia there more of a tweener group today.

Chaos are pretty much completely face at this point, the last heelish members of the group left in the shuffle last summer.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Dimebags Brain posted:

Isn't Naito a tweener as well? Like half the time I've seen him he's working heel.

Naito is supposed to be the cleanest of cut baby faces. He just gets a mixed response, but a lot less of one than he did during the doomed post injury push that some of the fans rejected.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Honestly after TLC I was happy to just be able to chill out this evening with a simple and straightforward house show with nothing too silly or ambitious. It was a fun show, nothing ground breaking but fun.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Another Person posted:

i am dumb and converting time zones is something I hadn't thought about and it makes my head hurt, what time does it go live in the UK? I will probs be watching the preshow

About 7am I believe.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Thauros posted:

I feel so loving bad for Okada, which of course is the point. I'm starting to understand the Dome booking now, this is the most explicitly babyface I've ever seen the Rainmaker and it's going to be awesome when he gets his head back on straight and gets the title.

I was saying to Hulka yesterday that they've done the impossible and made me want to see Tana/Okada at wrestlekingdom 10. Such a good angle.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

A team where Goto isn't the biggest choke artist on it?

:getin:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Thauros posted:

I didn't think AJ would be this over.

It's lovely to say but breaking Yoshi's neck pretty much made AJ in Japan. They're never going to let him change his finisher.

Jerusalem posted:

Are there just dozens of women concerned deeply for Naito's well-being dotted across Japan, or just one very dedicated one?

Both. He does have one superfan who seems to follow him around from show to show.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I would very much like to see Karl have another wee singles run and fit in another title shot against Tana. Thank you in advance NJPW.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Spermgod posted:

NJPW are so bad at doing interference in a way that doesn't detract from a match.

I don't know, I thought that the interference shenanigans in AJ/MiSu during the g1 was some of the best booking of run ins I've seen in a long time.

That said I agree that sometimes it's pretty terrible, most often when Suzuki Army is involved.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I've been busy watching a Dusty finish in the cricket, hows the card been so far?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

A match where Nakamura doesn't have the most swag in it?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

If they hold off too long though he becomes a Goto.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The smaller groups in the g-1 might favour giving him a real underdog story into the finals. I wouldn't have him win it, but they wouldn't have to put him over too many guys to get him to the semi's or finals.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

Wait, when did Liger lose the NWA Jr.Weight title?

Also, is Sakuraba officially in CHAOS as well? If not, have they explained why he is hanging out with them?

Sakuraba is not offically in CHAOS, but he has been teaming with them ever since he asked Nakamura if he could help out Yano in his feud with Suzuki. He's like Nakumura and Yano's bud more than he is a Chaos member.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I am unable to watch this until tonight. Has BDYY shown even more signs of improvement?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Jesus Christ.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Spermgod posted:

how long has BDYY been wrestling for to still be so awkward in the ring

11 year pro.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Ishii will never beat anyone who matters and this makes me sad.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I am here to see how Goto can choke this time.

What did I miss?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I believe in Alex Shelly.

Also I love the Young Bucks.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I like the concept of a Kenny Omega match much more than the actual reality.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Goto choked at choking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Ah good good, Goto is playing the long choke game.

For a second I was worrie the world was on its head.

• Locked thread