Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

gfanikf posted:

Is that the Tourney that crippled Rick Rude pretty much?

Also in terms of new pushes is Goto too old or part of an older wave?

No it was a stupid one night only NJPW tournament that was MMA Themed. It was Inoki vs. Gerard Gordeau, a guy who was a savate champion in 1991. Tony Palmore was a Karate fighter in the late 70s early 80s and by this time looks like he might have been retired. Inoki had some shoot like fighting to him but Sting was just a body builder trained to pro wrestle. So you have Sting and an old retired karate fighter having a worked shoot match where Sting looks like a complete chump with the fakest and weakest punches I've seen thrown knocking him to the ground. In the end Sting wins that match, Inoki wins his match and then wins the whole tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Spermgod posted:

he worked heel in the first ishii match iirc

I feel like he worked heel against Ibushi in the 2013 G1.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Spermgod posted:

when was that?

G1 Last year I believe.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

triplexpac posted:

One of the things that people wanted from the WWE Network was to be able to watch some house shows... so it's cool that NJPW gives you that option.

I mean I totally get why WWE didn't put house shows on the Network. They tour them all over the place, it's the same show in every city. But still.

We got some "old school" house shows on the Network though! I feel like there is a lot more of that house show stuff that they aren't uploading though.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I think everyone should expect a mat wrestling kind of match that's deliberately slow paced.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

LvK posted:

Anyone know who Mr. X from '79 is? I'm kind of wondering if he's Sting's fabled 1995 opponent, Tony Palmore

Mr. X is such a generic gimmick. Gonna need a picture or show or something.
NVM found it on Youtube. Didn't know it was an Inoki MMA match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ2hyOBQkqs

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 5, 2015

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Tanahashi is John Cena. Okada is Randy Orton. Okada wants TAnahasih's spot and had it in his grasp but it slipped it away after Okada has bested Tanahashi most of the time.
Okada is in the stable Chaos, as is Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, and Yano Toru. Their group is more of a training camp like MMA thing and not a real stable. Nakamura is the "leader".
Ishii likes to fight and prove his worth. The NEVER Title was his first championship. Togi Makabe is a big bruiser who's friends with Tomaoki Honma and tag partners. He beats people up because they piss him off.
Sakuraba and Suzuki are both wrestlers with ties to MMA. Sakuraba is the bigger star and a big friendly goof. Suzuki is a giant rear end in a top hat who hates everything. He leads Suzukigun his army of wrestlers including like minded wrestlers Davey Boy Smith, Lance Archer, Iizuka, Shelton Benjamin, Taichi, Taka Michinoku, and the masked Desperado. The last three cheat the most out of all of them but not as much as Bullet Club. Suzuki has a grudge with Yuji Nagata who is too nice. Iizuka betrayed Yano after Yano's nonstop feud with Suzuki.
Bullet Club are a bunch of dicks that like causing trouble. Most back it up.
Kota Ibushi is a young wrestler from outside NJPW. Nakamura is the king of japanese wrestling and loves to fight hard and put on great matches. He is long time rivals with Tanahashi
Tetsuya Naito is just and upper carder who came back from an injury in 2013 and hasnt done much. Hirooki Goto and Shibata are tag partner best friends however they were rivals when Shibata came back in 2012 from an MMA career that had him leave NJPW high and dry. He "hated" pro wrestling and Goto had to show him the error of his ways by beating him and having fun competition.
Nakanishi, Yuji Nagata, Tiger Mask, Jushin Liger, Tenzan, Kojima are all old men and legends. 2 out of those six, Nagata and Kojima, can still really wrestle well. Liger is slowed down but still works well. Nakanishi, Tiger Mask, and Tenzan all vary.
All the Junior tag teams cycle in and out in many matches and have all faced each other a lot. Forever Hooligans are in CHAOS, Bucks in Bullet Club. reDRagon are from Ring of Honor a different promotion. The Kingdom might be another outsider team from ROH that shows up but they are heavyweights and only appeared twice so far.
Besides ROH there is also NWA with its owner Bruce Tharpe running around. They always have Rob Conway to show up. Some times Jax Dane shows up and Chase Owens now. CMLL Luchadores are showing up soon with Fantasticamania now and some stick around later for title matches. NOAH might be doing more with NJPW too, who knows.
Yoshi Hashi, Captain New Japan, Honma, the young dudes in black trunks only are all jobbers.

its late and i'm tired. probably sloppy and is skipped things but im sure others will explain better. That's about it though. Any storylines have just ended or will be rematches coming up in the next shows.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

Did he stun with the awesome power of YEAOH or am I missing a sneaky knee to the gut?

He really elbows her in non gif form when shoving her away.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

It's @njpw1972 and the don't respond, sadly. I think it's scheduled bot thing.

It favorites and RTs things so I think it might be someone that just doesnt respond.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
What is wrong with Gran Guerrero? Is he a drunk like Mr. Niebla or a rookie like Stigma and Mistico II?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

I just signed up, and it was working perfectly, but then after watching one match I got this error and now it won't load at all on any browser. I was using Chrome on Windows 8.1 before, and I'm getting it there, on IE, and on Firefox.

"Non-compatible terminal error
In your use of the terminal, not available for this service.
This service on your terminal is not available.
The Masu available top at the following terminal as you please"

They getting flooded and are working on it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Isn't there yet another Road to Show for the New Beginning? Also I heard that NB from Osaka is going to not be live on NJPW World as TV Asahi want it to air exclusively first on the channel.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This is probably just going to be one of those stationary camera shows

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This one is probably going to be a house show set up right?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

I am horribly ill and can't be arsed to look up non tourney matches, but this is tonight at 5:30 AM

Eight Man Tag Team Match: CHAOS (Kazushi Sakuraba, Tomohiro Ishii, Kazuchika Okada & Shinsuke Nakamura) vs. Bullet Club (Cody Hall, Tama Tonga, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson)

Tag Team Match: Yohei Komatsu & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Sho Tanaka & Yuji Nagata

Ten Man Tag Team Match: KUSHIDA, Captain New Japan, Tomoaki Honma, Jushin Thunder Liger & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Mascara Dorada, Ryusuke Taguchi, Manabu Nakanishi, Tiger Mask & Satoshi Kojima

Singles Match: YOSHI-HASHI vs. Jay White

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

Is this the first time Cody Hall's actually been in a match in New Japan?

day 2 house show of njcup

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hahaha so Makabe is totally winning to face Ishii.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Goto is not beating Makabe. Naito and Ibushi are going for the tag titles after beating Gallows and Anderson. If not then Ibushi wins I guess.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I just hope G1 shows aren't delayed because that'd be a buzzkill for NJPW World for me imo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
NWA Title match? Wonder who KES is fac-oh tenkozy again.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Shibata was pulled from the match because he's apparently injured.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

Could anyone surmise the big fueds of Tanahashi, Okada and Nakamura over the past few years, just briefly? Started watching this Jan so I've a handle on things from then on but would love a quick history lesson of the big 3's last few years. Gracias.

Okay: Tanahashi and Nakamura have been feuding with each other the last couple of years. Okada and Tanahashi have been feuding the last 3 years. Okada, Tanahashi and Nakamura have all been feuding with Bullet Club on and off for the last 3 years in the forms of Prince Devitt/Finn Balor, Karl Anderson, Bad Luck Fale, and AJ Styles. Nakamura has had a lot more one off matches with outsiders than the others. Hirooki Goto has gotten in small feuds with Nakamura and Okada. Tanahashi was dealing with Yano Toru for a while this year as well as Katsuyori Shibata.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
New Japan just uploaded 4 episodes of Kinnikuman to NJPW World for a limited time. The storyline in it is a tag tournament which coincides with the Tag League. It's all Japanese, no subs and no dubs.

Because I read the comic: The story is that Kinnikuman and friends just defeated the Devil Hero Buffalo Man who was possessed by Shogan. Two of Shogan's allies, Sunshine and Asuraman lived and have stolen the friendship of the heroes. To destroy the heroes they made a second Mount Fuji which just so happens to contain a tag team trophy, which leads to the tag tournament. Kinnikuman can't get a tag partner because they all hate him again. There are even stronger enemies showing up, but that's not covered so w/e.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Nov 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
You hosed up

• Locked thread