Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Finally got around to getting NJPW World, going off the SenorLariato list decided to watch this Black Tiger vs Tiger Mask match from 1982:

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00044_1_1

Was the WWF Junior Heavyweight title an actual WWF title or another kinda made up one?

Made up in the context of wrestling I mean.

Biosys fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
After rewatching Tanahashi/Suzuki, Styles/Suzuki and watching for the first time Nakamura/Sakuraba I am even more excited for the Suzuki/Sakuraba match at the dome, god drat.

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00203_1_10

I've seen Sakuraba in some decent matches, and the stuff he's been doing with Suzuki in the leadup has been great. but didn't know he could have a match like that.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Dunbar posted:

Unless I'm missing it, I can't find the Tag League finals. Wasn't the show supposed to be up about 90 minutes ago? :arghfist:

They announced it'll be ready at ~2am JST, so in like half an hour (5pm GMT, 12pm EST).

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Gallows is really entertaining on Talking Shop but I wish he was a better wrestler.

Still a really good match but Anderson is kinda everything on that team.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Spermgod posted:

when was that?

I think it was the KoPW 2013 match, where Tanahashi said if he lost he wouldn't challenge Okada for the title again (also my favourite Tanahashi/Okada match).

Biosys fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 11, 2014

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Here's the promo for that match which was also p. great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_qtu6e2OEw

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Didn't Okada piledrive Tanahashi (on the outside?) and pose over him with the briefcase a few weeks ago?

There's been some other spots like that I think, but yeah most of the really aggressive stuff has been post-match/in promos.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
TMDK and Marafuji just saved Yano from Suzuki-gun, so that's Yano's team for the dome.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Spermgod posted:

Makabe's strikes have looked like poo poo lately. Don't know if he's really injured or what.

Yeah, I'm not as hyped for Ishii/Makabe as I thought I would be, their stuff yesterday def. lacked something.

Hopefully today is better.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

The Man From Melmac posted:

Okay I signed up for this thing. Where do I go for translation notes for each show.

http://puroresushop.com/blogs/news

yottsume normally uploads translations of the interviews/promos here.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
EDIT: Nevermind, guess they changed it.

Biosys fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jan 19, 2015

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Cavernario's knees oh god.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
According to twitter Dorada has a year-long deal with NJPW, which should be great, since he's signed hopefully he'll be in actual big singles matches instead of dark match/opening multimans like last year.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Spermgod posted:

He's young and his dad is one of the CMLL bookers sooo yeah

edit: Dorada/KUSHIDA vs. the Bucks should be fun

Gran Guerrero is young???

I just figured he was Ultimo's brother and Ultimo got all of the talent.

EDIT: Huh, Wikipedia says he's 21-22, it makes a lot more sense now.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Oh huh, didn't know Honma/Ibushi was happening, that should be p. great.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

'NEVER playoff' makes it sound more like no. 1 contendership to me.

Hopefully we get a better translation from twitter or something.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Jay White's been holding his own, in both this and the matches from the Road to shows, seems pretty decent.

It says a lot when you have a Tiger Mask and a young lion on the same team and the young lion is better and more exciting.

Biosys fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Feb 14, 2015

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Holy poo poo Dorada.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

Is the commentator Tharpe messed with the same one that's a huge Nagata fanboy (and used to be tormented by Iizuka)?

No that's Nogami, Tharpe messed with Shibata I think.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Liger you've only got so many matches left, don't do this to yourself.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
HEY

HEY YOU

NO!

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
GOODBYEEE

That was actually pretty good, but I hope Bruce Tharpe is okay after that cowardly assault.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Nogami getting to interview Nagata, achieving his dream.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Gonna choose to believe that Nogami has had this shirt for years.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
So it is for the belt???

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
ISHII DOWN TO 0 SHOULDERS

HON MA

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
HONMA WHY

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
honma please

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
GET UP HONMA

WIN HONMA

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
that loving brainbuster

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
hon ma

hon ma

hon ma

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
everyone please give honma your energy

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
poor baby honma nooooo

Can't be mad at Ishii, though vacating the title due to illness and the perpetually injured man winning it is kinda weird.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
oh god this sad piano

after that match

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
That was a really cool video package, lets go Yuji 'Family Man' Nagata.

EDIT: All the old men out here to support the oldest.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
EXPLODAAA

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
Nogami is loving dying.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
wait what

how

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
The eyes of nogami :(

NEVER GIVE UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011

Dunbar posted:

I wonder if I'm just getting burned out on New Japan because I really wasn't feeling those final two matches at all. Ishii/Honma was good but there have to have been 50+ matches just like that in New Japan over the past 3 years or so, with two guys standing there stiffing the gently caress out of each other and mixing in some occasional head-dropping for variety. And Nakamura/Nagata was well below what I think those two are capable of, and probably below the New Japan main event level in general.

Everyone else seems to enjoy them though so maybe it's just me being grumpy.

The Ishii/Honma match started off that way, but the last half of it went a level beyond even the craziest Ishii matches, at least for me.

Honma is just perfect at, no matter how much he gets hit and how unlikely it is, making me think he's gonna win this time.

Nakamura/Nagata was real disappointing though yeah, I guess they figured they couldn't follow what came before but even with that it was still just average.

Biosys fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 14, 2015

• Locked thread