Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://njpwworld.com/

What's this NJPW World thing anyway?

In short: NJPW's answer to the WWE Network.

All monthly major shows will be available, as well as all the Korakuen cards and a few other smaller shows that used to be on Samurai TV. Most shows will be live and everything will be added to the archives after completion. The archives currently contain a complete archive of major shows since the Bushiroad takeover (Feb 2012) and highlights dating back from the company's inception. All matches from the big Jan 4 Dome shows are up.

You can find links to some great shows and matches in the second post if you want an introduction to the company.

Why are certain shows listed as starting " Day late at night"? I thought everything was supposed to be live?

For now it seems like many of the big shows are going to be aired on a slight delay so they can do PPV business as well. They'll be up by late morning Eastern US time.

How much does it cost
¥999 a month, which is about US$8.50. You're free to cancel anytime with no obligation. It's available worldwide with no need to screw with VPNs and unlike Nico few have experienced trouble with Western cards. :siren:They apparently bill for each calendar month regardless of how many days you've subscribed during it:siren: so I'd recommend signing up at the beginning of a month to get full value.

The site's in Japanese, how the gently caress do I sign up?

Use Chrome and the automatic translator and it's fairly simple to navigate.

STEP 1: Here's a link to the the Signup page If you're using Chrome you should know what to fill in. Fill in your details, click the box to agree to the terms, and hit the very bottom button to sign up. (example pic)

STEP 2: Review your details to make sure that everything's accurate, than hit the bottom right button (example pic) to advance to the payment screen.

STEP 3: You want to click the top button(example pic) which is the one that is for normal credit cards and not weird domestic Japanese payment processors.

STEP 4: Mostly self explanatory, just hit the bottom right button with the arrow to accept (example pic)

It's easier than it sounds, this is just for anyone who was a bit confused by an untranslated button.

Why isn't the search working?

Even if you translate you still need to search in Japanese. The only guys you can search for with Roman script are the ones who write their names in all caps romaji like KUSHIDA and YOSHI-HASHI.

Here's some names of their major guys you can copy and paste to help search.

Main Force

Hiroshi Tanahashi - 棚橋 弘至
Tetsuya Naito - 内藤 哲也
Katsuyori Shibata - 柴田 勝頼
Hirooki Goto - 後藤 洋央紀
Kota Ibushi - 飯伏幸太
Yuji Nagata - 永田 裕志
Togi Makabe - 真壁 刀義
Tomoaki Honma - 本間 朋晃
Satoshi Kojima - 小島 聡
Hiroyoshi Tenzan - 天山 広吉
Jushin Liger - 獣神サンダー・ライガー
KUSHIDA - can be searched normally
Alex Shelley - アレックス・シェリー
Ryusuke Taguchi - 田口 隆祐
Captain New Japan - キャプテン・ニュージャパン

CHAOS

Shinsuke Nakamura - 中邑 真輔
Kazuchika Okada - オカダ・カズチカ
Tomohiro Ishii - 石井 智宏
Kazushi Sakuraba - 桜庭 和志
Toru Yano - 矢野 通
Jado - 邪道
Gedo - 外道
Rocky Romero - ロッキー・ロメロ
Alex Koslov - アレックス・コズロフ
YOSHI-HASHI - can be searched normally
Masato Tanaka - 田中 将斗

Bullet Club

Prince Devitt - プリンス・デヴィット
AJ Styles - AJスタイルズ
Karl Anderson - ザ・マシンガン”カール・アンダーソン
Doc Gallows - ドク・ギャローズ
Bad Luck Fale - バッドラック・ファレ
Yujiro Takahashi - 高橋 広夢
Kenny Omega - ケニー・オメガ
Tama Tonga - タマ・トンガ

Suzuki-gun

Minoru Suzuki - 鈴木 みのる
Takashi Iizuka - 飯塚 高史
Taichi - タイチ
El Desperado - エル・デスペラード
Shelton X Benjamin - シェルトン・X・ベンジャミン
DBS Jr - デイビーボーイ・スミスJr.
Lance Archer - ランス・アーチャー
TAKA Michinoku - just search for TAKA

ROH & NWA

BIG DADDY YUM YUM - ビッグダディ・ヤムヤム
Adam Coleアダム・コール
Rob Conway - ロブ・コンウェイ
Bobby Fish - ボビー・フィッシュ
Kyle O'Reilly - カイル・オライリー

Legends

Antonio Inoki - アントニオ猪木
Great Muta - グレート・ムタ
Stan Hansen - スタン・ハンセン
Keiji Mutoh - 武藤 敬司
Vader - ビッグバン・ベイダ
Hulk Hogan - ハルク・ホーガン
Abudullah the Butcher - アブドーラ・ザ・ブッチャー

How do I cancel?

Here's the link, just hit the right button to confirm. YOU WILL GET BILLED ONCE A MONTH IF YOU DON'T CANCEL. Some people mistakenly thought that there was no auto renewal, but this is not the case.

:siren:You will instantly lose access to service after cancelling. Unlike WWE Network you will not retain access for the rest of the month.:siren:

Is there an app?
Only a Japanese Android app that basically functions as a link to the homepage for now, but according to Dave Meltzer "The plan is also for the service to be available soon on Smart TV, PS 3, PS 4, Xbox One, and Apple TV."

Is there a way to download the stuff?
Spermgod provided a tutorial here

Thauros fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Ok, I've subscribed. What cool poo poo should I watch?
(Please make suggestions, I'll add them here)

Senor LARATO's recommended viewing list

Spermgod posted:

mookieghana compiled a list of all DVDVR Best of '80s New Japan set matches that are currently available on NJPW WORLD

Want an introduction to the Bullet Club?

Devitt's heel turn and partnership with Fale-Invasion Attack 2013
Devitt and Fale's first match as heels- Dontaku 2013
Karl Anderson vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi- Dontaku 2013, this led to all four original members joining together.

Want to see all the Okada/Tanahashi matches since Okada returned as the Rainmaker?

Okada vs. Tanahashi I - New Beginning 2012
Okada vs. Tanahashi II - Dominion 2012
Okada vs. Tanahashi III - WrestleKingdom 7
Okada vs. Tanahashi IV - Invasion Attack 2013
Okada vs. Tanahashi V- 2013 G1 Climax
Okada vs. Tanahashi VI - 2013 King of Pro Wrestling

1994 Super J Cup - legendary junior tournament that was a favorite of old school tape traders

NJPW vs UWFI from the Tokyo Dome in 1995

Vader vs. Hansen in 1990

Hogan vs. Abdullah from 1982

Hogan vs Andre in 1983- this was during the ancestor of the G1 tournament

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 4, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Monkeycheese posted:

since I have no idea what "since the Bushiroad takeover" means I'd like to know if this would have in the archives any/all of the super awesome junior heavyweight poo poo from the 90s

http://njpwworld.com/pg/s_series_00126_1 - Here's Day 1 of the 1994 Super J Cup. Bushiroad bought them in February 2012right when Okada won the title for the first time.

Some stuff from the 90's Best of the Super juniors are on there but I don't think anything's complete.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Any correlation between the two or?

I don't think so directly. He was brought back at WK6 the month before and the match with Tana was set up before the deal was finalized. To be honest I only really started watching them regularly later in the year though.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sigmachiev posted:

I signed up. It is really great and you should at a minimum give it a chance if you're a fan of this stuff.

- Breaks shows down by matches, but I don't think there's a way to watch a show straight through without going back to that show's page. I think I prefer WWE's approach (click on a show then the matches are bookmarked). Oddly enough I'd prefer NJ's approach for WWE and WWE's approach for NJ. They should switch.
- Some things do get cut off, e.g. Mutoh's entrance at Wrestle Kingdom 6 is absent.

Yeah, a complete version of the shows would be nice. The hype packages are all missing and some of them were fantastic. At least most of the big entrances since then are intact. The one exception is Tanahashi's from WK8 (presumably due to Marty Friedman), but the rest from 7 and 8 are all there.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

Thanks for the rundown!

Curious as to how many buys they got on day one. I read a blurb that said NJPW was surprised at how many non-Japan users there were, but no actual figure.

It also begs the question - why can NJPW launch a "network" and have it work in a bunch of countries right away but WWE can't?

NJPW doesn't have overseas tv/ppv deals with partners who are going to be pissed at being undercut.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Maybe better for the Questions thread but how opaque are the NJPW financials? Are we likely to get subscriber/revenue numbers from NJPW World at any point?

They release at the very least yearly statments (not sure about quarterly) and Meltzer covers them in detail. Obviously if the numbers are good we'll hear about it, if they're a disappointment I'm not sure if they have to but I bet Dave will at least have an idea.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

So anytime I search for anything, I get no results. Is there some secret?

Yes, while Chrome will translate the tags and clicking on them will work, you need to search for most wrestlers in Japanese.

Searching for KUSHIDA, TAKA, and YOSHI-HASHI will work since their names are written in romanji (latin script).

Searching for Kazuchika Okada though for example though won't work because his name is written in katakana. You need to C&P オカダ・カズチカ.

Okada- オカダ・カズチカ
Nakamura- 中邑 真輔
Tanahashi - 棚橋 弘至

Thauros fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 3, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

Okada, or as I like to call him man_414

It looks fine to me, is it not showing up on PC's or something? I'm on a Mac.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

What time does World Tag League start this Soil?

This is the one event that won't be truly live due to prior agreement with Nico. It ahould be up on World at midnight though, which should be 10 AM EST. It's basically just a four hour delay.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

For those of you waiting on various apps:

Big Dave posted:

The plan is also for the service to be available soon on Smart TV, PS 3, PS 4, Xbox One, and Apple TV.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

epitasis posted:

ain't none of those console ones coming to the U.S.

the others I dunno I assume most smart TVs are heavily walled gardens

I wouldn't be so sure about that since consoles are much more popular in the US and they want international subscribers.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I wish I could change the title to NJPW World- The customer will apologize that we apologize for any inconvenience.

Spermgod posted:

mookieghana compiled a list of all DVDVR Best of '80s New Japan set matches that are currently available on NJPW WORLD

Thanks for this, I've seen very little '80s NJPW

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

EdsTeioh posted:

Maybe this was covered somewhere and I missed it, but is any of the current G1 Tag league stuff up yet?

No. It's not going to be either, except for the Final show Sunday. A greater % of of shows will be up in the future since they're going to be airing the stuff that would've been on Samurai TV in the past on World now.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

coconono posted:

Depends on how much of a cut they're getting from the traditional PPV routes. If the NJPW World provides them a better cut, all they have to do is wait out the tech to become more commonplace/reliable.

And the Japanese fans were buying the shows online anyway since relatively few in Japan have access to the traditional distribution.

I do think they're in a better position to make it work, but it is a bit unnerving to see them in an almost TNA-like rush to copy the WWE's service that has basically been a failure for them up to this point.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

I don't know how the numbers look on Okada's drawing record but the first match vs. AJ bombing when Nakumura was able to draw opposite Fale of all people doesn't look good. After that who do they even have?

You're right that they need more talent in the pipeline but this is a bit unfair. No one had a loving clue who AJ was and that was in a much bigger arena than Sumo Hall with a card with much less notice. If we go by sheer numbers there was still more people in the house for the AJ match than either of the two IC matches with Fale.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

LARIATOOOOO!!! ‏@SenorLARIATO 22m22 minutes ago

Updated the #NJPWworld recommended viewing list; http://tinyurl.com/NJPW-WORLD all of the 2000's done, onto the 90's next

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsZCBTpKjHzdbCpKZ1No1KAdpmOd2OcgSMfC1-oa7pI/edit#gid=0

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

i couldn't check before since i was on my phone but cagematch says both Nakamura/Fale matches outdrew AJ/Okada, the first by 150 or so and the second by about 700. no clue if those figures are accurate. your other points are fair though.

Ok the Yokohama show was admittedly slightly more of a disaster than I thought but I'm still not completely wrong:

Back to the Yokohama Arena - 7,800
Dominion 2014 - 7,300 Super No Vacancy
Destruction in Kobe 2014 - 8000 Super No Vacancy
(Numbers courtesy of Strong Style Spirit)

SO it was in betweeen. 500 more than Dominion, slightly less than Destruction

Okada's sold out the midsize arenas for title matches against midcarders - upper midcarders like Kojima, Anderson, and Makabe so I don't think he deserves the blame here. Nakamura's the most popular guy in the company by the metrics of merch sales and World searches but Okada's a draw.

Putting the belt on AJ turned out to be a smart way to create a new viable top level heel but it took a while for him to build heat.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 4, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

If you have any interest in NJPW at all you should at least give it a shot for the big Dome show January 4th. If it turns out that it's not your thing just cancel.

epitasis posted:

AJ and Tanahashi popped their first sell-out in that arena since what like 2007 or something right? I forget the details

First Sumo Hall sellout not counting G1 Finals since 2007, and that was a special Chono anniversary show.

Edit:

quote:

enuhito(English) ‏@enuhito_eng 18m18 minutes ago

The owner of NJPW Kidani said the realistic goal of NJPWWorld for the first year is 30,000 subscribers.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Dec 4, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The funny thing is that the WWF junior title actually got defended in WCW a couple times when it was part of the J Crown. It was never mentioned by name though.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Dunbar posted:

So do we think that when tonight's show goes up on the site (at 10am EST tomorrow?), will it be the full show or cut up into matches like everything else? I'm going to miss getting the entire show if we're only going to get matches from now on. I like all the hype packages, pre match videos, entrances, etc. I even like watching intermission sometimes.

I'm guessing the latter, although we will get entrances. I wish they kept the pre match hype videos too though since some of them are great.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

I liked the first Okada/Tanahashi IWGP title match. Much prefer Okada as an explicit heel I think. Watched the 06/16/2012 one, almost sent me to sleep. Will try to get through the rest before WK9 but based on that second match Okada has been having the exact same main event match for almost 3 years now so I'm not particularly hopeful.

If you prefer Okada as a heel you should catch his defense during his first reign vs. Naito at the 40th Anniversary show.

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00190_1_2

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

It's now up

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00236_1_2

Looks like the whole show. Hooray.

Split up into two, presumably pre and post intermission.

I'm glad we have the option to watch everything but this is one show I wouldn't have minded being split up since it's definitely a b show.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

I keep hearing about World Tag League. Is there more than just these two videos? Still have a hard time finding stuff sometimes, even with Google translate at my finger tips.

Those two videos are of the Final show from early this morning.

quote:

Bullet Club ("Machine Gun" Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata - WORLD TAG LEAGUE FINAL
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe & La Sombra vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI)
Tetsuya Naito, Tomoaki Honma & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Bullet Club (AJ Styles, Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi)
CHAOS (Toru Yano & Gedo) & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka & TAKA Michinoku)
TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs. Rob Conway & Jax Dane
Jushin Thunder Liger & Captain New Japan vs. Michael Bennett & Matt Taven
Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. K.E.S. (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.)
Tiger Mask IV & BUSHI vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi & El Desperado)
Sho Tanaka vs. Yohei Komatsu

Here's the card. Earlier days are not on the service. In the future a much higher % of shows from the big tournaments will be available including every day of the G!.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The ROH vs. Liger/Captain match is worth watching for reasons wholly unrelated to match quality.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

harperdc posted:

He's got that 90's WCW Ric Flair hairdo going.

Oh they put up the show as pre- and post-intermission? Coooool. I'll definitely watch it tonight. There was some cool looking stuff on Twitter when it was live.

Actually they even included the intermission at the beginning of Part 2, show's complete.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Anyone have recommendations for Nakamura as a heel early in CHAOS? He was already getting pretty tweenery by the time I started watching heavy.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Skinty McEdger posted:

Naito is supposed to be the cleanest of cut baby faces. He just gets a mixed response, but a lot less of one than he did during the doomed post injury push that some of the fans rejected.

The Road to the Dome shows last year from Korakuen were hilarious because Naito was receiving a stereotypical John Cena reaction. There were a bunch of kids with Naito merch and signs in the front row cheering loudly for him but pretty much every adult man was booing the poo poo out of him.

Tana works subtle heel a lot of the time against Nakamura and Okada but he's still definitely a super face.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Reminder that the first live World card is tomorrow at 5:00 AM EST.

quote:

Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask IV & Sho Tanaka vs. Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku, Taichi & El Desperado)
TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) vs. Manabu Nakanishi & BUSHI
CHAOS (Gedo & Toru Yano) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka)
Tetsuya Naito, Yuji Nagata & KUSHIDA vs. Hirooki Goto, Katsuyori Shibata & Ryusuke Taguchi
G.B.H. (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma) vs. CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii)
Captain Ace (Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan) vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI)

Admittedly not a fantastic card or anything, but some of the matches should be fun and I'm off tomorrow so I'd like to see how the live brodcasts work.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

show's starting now if anyone's up

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I prefer shows together but it would be nice if they had spoiler free match markers like FightPass.

I also assumed today's show would be a Samurai TV style show rather than the single cam at a house show setup they used on that Nico subscription service.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

With Renallo hired for AXS that IRC joke came scary close to actually happening.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah I'm definitely sticking to the Japanese broadcast in that case

You won't have a choice on the World broadcast anyway, you got to pony up $35 to JJ to get the option.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

harperdc posted:

It's a house show in the middle of BFE Ibaraki, it's just a two-cam setup and muting of songs they don't have. It's literally in a town gymnasium too. It's just a house show, so it's more "it's nice that we get these" to me.

Yeah. I was mildly disappointed at the lack of full production, but it's still a nice bonus considering we're getting more than our money's worth with three full shows this month.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

Yeah. I was mildly disappointed at the lack of full production, but it's still a nice bonus considering we're getting more than our money's worth with three full shows this month.

Now that I'm actually watching it while awake I'm more favorably inclined. It's actually kinda cool being able to clearly hear the in ring poo poo talking like Gedo calling MiSu a motherfucker,.

Is the Shinsuke mameshiba ad they showed on the tron during intermission online? I've only been able to find the Tana one.

Edit Found It:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blJOfN4evYw

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The Korakuen shows are going to be more important (think kinda like a WWE MSG show) and will have normal camerawork and commentary.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Reminder that the first of the weekend Korakuen shows will be starting almost exactly 24 hours from now

quote:

ROAD TO TOKYO DOME - December 19 from Korakuen Hall at 4:30 AM EST
card
Sho Tanaka vs. Yohei Komatsu
Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & Taichi)
TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) & Tomoaki Honma vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & BUSHI
CHAOS (Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI) & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka & TAKA Michinoku)
Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tetsuya Naito & Captain New Japan
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, Togi Makabe, Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, Gedo & Jado)

quote:

ROAD TO TOKYO DOME - December 20 from Korakuen Hall at 4:30 AM EST
card:

Yohei Komatsu vs. El Desperado
Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. KUSHIDA & BUSHI
TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan
CHAOS (Jado & YOSHI-HASHI) & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
Toru Yano vs. Takashi Iizuka
Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & Togi Makabe vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii)

Not going to be able to catch tomorrow's live, but I definitely want to watch both. Last year's pre DomeKorakuen shows had some amazing multiman main event matches and I'm curious to see if we get any hints on YTR's mystery partners.

Seymour Buttz posted:

Is the World Tag League 2014 Finals the only show available from the World Tag League 2014, or am I just not good at finding stuff on the website?

That is indeed the only one. Keep in mind that the service launched literally in the middle of the tour. They're going to have a much higher percentage of the big tournaments up in the future including every day of the G1. Really, you're not missing that much. Even I wouldn't watch every day of the WTL if they gave me the option

Thauros fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 18, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ROAD TO TOKYO DOME - December 20 from Korakuen Hall at 4:30 AM EST
card:
Yohei Komatsu vs. El Desperado
Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs. KUSHIDA & BUSHI Sho Tanaka
TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Captain New Japan
CHAOS (Jado & YOSHI-HASHI) & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi)
Toru Yano vs. Takashi Iizuka
Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma
Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi & Togi Makabe vs. CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii)

just starting now if anyone's up

Thauros fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Dec 20, 2014

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yuriy posted:

I'm up for late night njpw, main sounds cool

What's the consensus on modern day Togi Makabe because I hear a lot of Triple H in his heyday stuff on /wooo/

his world title matches (vs. Tana at All Together '12, vs. Okada at Dominion 2013) are both really loving great. he's ok in the midcard but nothing extraordinary imo, def a dude who saves it for the huge matches.

Hype for Ishii/Makabe, it'll rule if given time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

nevermind, i'm just a dumbass who wasn't logged in

Thauros fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 20, 2014

• Locked thread