Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

vince mcmahon has gone full al davis, but without the "was actually not a garbage person before going senile"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

ayn rand hand job posted:

Don't get Flair drunk

I'm not sure how anyone would prevent Ric Flair from getting drunk.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

oatgan posted:

cesaro please ask for your release

team up with hero and reform kings of wrestling tia

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kings of Wrestling vs. ReDragon.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Joey McChrist posted:

team up with hero and reform kings of wrestling tia

Well, first order of business is to get Hero back in shape, I think. Right now he's almost literally Bart Simpson the overweight male stripper.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NowonSA posted:

Yep. I love that Austin laid out 100% how the crowd was behind Cesaro after WM 30 and they had this great chance to make him a babyface star, and Vince just ignores his crappy booking decisions. I wanted so badly for Austin to just spin his finger in the air and say, this is the secret Vince.

Vince is definitely coming off as in his own little world, but I do feel his heart is in the right place. He's basically the senile old man handing out candies, he just doesn't realize that they've gone stale.

This is a great explanation. Raw sucked a big fat stinky poopy butt but this podcast was great.

I hated the following things:

-Vince burying Cesaro
-Vince burying millennials
-Vince dodging some of the questions hardcore
-Vince half-assing the Punk apology, though any apology was more than I expected
-Vince putting JR under the bus for Flair being shitfaced

I loved the following things:

-Vince putting over The Shield and actually mentioning Dean first
-Vince seeming genuinely contrite in his own way about the Punk thing (I think this fits with the Meltzer story that HHH is the really angry one and probably the one who angered Punk more)
-Steve going in HARD on Vince and not softballing anything

I'd love more live Austin podcasts with some of the talent. That'd be extremely my poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

They ran out of time.... and Vince said,"I own the Network, we're going another 15 minutes." Beautiful.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is a great explanation. Raw sucked a big fat stinky poopy butt but this podcast was great.

I hated the following things:

-Vince burying Cesaro
-Vince burying millennials
-Vince dodging some of the questions hardcore
-Vince half-assing the Punk apology, though any apology was more than I expected
-Vince putting JR under the bus for Flair being shitfaced

I loved the following things:

-Vince putting over The Shield and actually mentioning Dean first
-Vince seeming genuinely contrite in his own way about the Punk thing (I think this fits with the Meltzer story that HHH is the really angry one and probably the one who angered Punk more)
-Steve going in HARD on Vince and not softballing anything

I'd love more live Austin podcasts with some of the talent. That'd be extremely my poo poo.

He apologized for the thing that Punk really got pissed about which was recieving the firing papers on his wedding day. Other than that Punk seemed just burnt out as gently caress and pissed that they didn't seem to care that he could literally die if he didn't get MSRA fixed.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

He apologized for the thing that Punk really got pissed about which was recieving the firing papers on his wedding day. Other than that Punk seemed just burnt out as gently caress and pissed that they didn't seem to care that he could literally die if he didn't get MSRA fixed.

Punk didn't really get pissed about the MSRA thing? :confused:

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Just got back from watching this poo poo show live, the hottest the crowd got was for JBL before the show even started.

Man Tulsa sucks, why do I live here.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Punk didn't really get pissed about the MSRA thing? :confused:

He wasn't really "pissed" (on AoW) about anything; he got burnt out and miserable from the combination of being used to job to/elevate one-and-done appearance wrestlers and collecting favors over dwindling Network-caused paycheck, and all the while wrestling injured and doped up making GBS threads himself on ineffective antibiotics with a staph infection growth blossoming lethally on his waistline.

...Vince and Austin reminiscing about their rivalry is nice though.

:gbsmith:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Dexters Secret posted:

I have a serious suggestion: we can't seem to stop watching this show so let's kill ourselves

let's be free

"They can take our 9.99 but they'll never take our freedom!"

- my wife

Get married that worked for me!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Everblight posted:

Rusev, Chickenshit heel, running from Swagger, a man he has beaten decisively many times.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

The Austin interview was great. I think that Vince is not that bad a guy, he's just extremely stubborn

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

even monsters can come up short in a fight, especially when their opponent is an angry child in a giant's body pissed off because you beat up his grandpa

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Smoking Crow posted:

The Austin interview was great. I think that Vince is not that bad a guy, he's just extremely stubborn
And a product of the type of rich people who hate people for not working from their bootstraps to get what they want

I hope Cesaro can somehow convince Vince, but I doubt it. He isn't probably going to quit since he would have probably done that a long time ago since he probably knows the reason why he doesn't get pushed.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Full recap of the interview: http://www.prowrestling.net/article...much-more-39957

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Dave said anything about it yet?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

NickRoweFillea posted:

Dave said anything about it yet?

Probably won't hear anything until the radio show which will probably be out in the wee hours.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I loved that podcast. Vince is way the gently caress out of touch but hearing him put over all three Shield dudes with no hesitation in the order he did brought me joy. And dammit he doesn't owe me anything but I hope Vince can mend things with Punk so we can see him again. :unsmith:

But god drat that Raw suuuuuuuuuuucked aaaaaasssssss.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I loved that podcast. Vince is way the gently caress out of touch but hearing him put over all three Shield dudes with no hesitation in the order he did brought me joy. And dammit he doesn't owe me anything but I hope Vince can mend things with Punk so we can see him again. :unsmith:

But god drat that Raw suuuuuuuuuuucked aaaaaasssssss.

And Bray. He also put over Bray.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I loved all the moments in the interview where you could see visible disgust or anger about something. Or Vince's heavy sighs.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ayn rand hand job posted:

And Bray. He also put over Bray.

Yes which was cool but I didn't care as much about tbh.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yep, I definitely want more Austin interviewing Vince. I would have to figure that they could work out an interview on Austin's podcast/the network once every three months, and not run out of things to talk about ever.

Maybe we'll just get it whenever Vince panics about the number of network subscribers.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I like how Austin said people are afraid to stand up for themselves because there is no competition (WCW) and if you piss somebody off then your career is basically over. Vince's response, "Don't piss people off."

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I loved Vince's complete inability to realize that Cesaro was getting over as a face before he decided to pair him up with Paul Heyman. Stone Cold's saying that he grew to respect the guy for his power moves and how the crowd was reacting the same way. And Vince's response was basically :confused:

I didn't really view the podcast as a positive. All it confirmed is that Vince is isolated at the top and the company will keep moving in the same direction its been heading until something catastrophic happens that forces them out of their comfort zone.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Hearing Vince talk about Punk's problems at communicating is pretty funny because it sure as hell seems like one of the major problems in WWE is that nobody is allowed to talk to anybody else and there are all these weird unwritten rules that regulate who can talk to who

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The people advertising WWE 2K15 have more faith in Cesaro than WWE does.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
macho man is gonna be a posthumous HOFer

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Seams posted:

Hearing Vince talk about Punk's problems at communicating is pretty funny because it sure as hell seems like one of the major problems in WWE is that nobody is allowed to talk to anybody else and there are all these weird unwritten rules that regulate who can talk to who

I know. He apologizes to CM Punk because the different departments don't communicate to each other and they accidentally sent him his termination on his wedding day then he turns right around and says Punk doesn't communicate well.

NickRoweFillea posted:

macho man is gonna be a posthumous HOFer

That was some tense silence right after he confirmed it. I thought Stone Cold was gonna ask if there was bad blood between him and Macho.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is the Macho Man statement confirmation that Lanny relented?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

Is the Macho Man statement confirmation that Lanny relented?

Lanny gave up a while ago but he never could have blocked Macho's induction in the first place it just wouldn't have been what Macho wanted/had Lanny's blessing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm not really sure why everyone said Raw was so bad. There was nothing overtly terrible. It had a throughline story, they built toward multiple TLC matches and announced new ones, they made the tag titles look important, they continued to feature Ziggler, Heyman hyped the title for once, and they had a bunch of relevant backstage segments to support the matches. It was a solid show.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That Raw was the drizzling shits but the podcast more than made up for it

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Oh yeah Raw sucked don't let me forget

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He said Punk is a loner which he pretty much is. I think Vince needs a middleman like JR was to Austin for Punk and doesn't have that. But I'm sure one day, maybe years from now, they'll work something out.

I think if people really start tweeting more then we'll see some pushes for people like Cesaro too. Otherwise it's ammo for people to say Vince is lying and his ego won't like him being called out.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Erik Rowan was the best part of Raw and I'm not sure how to handle that.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

sticklefifer posted:

I'm not really sure why everyone said Raw was so bad. There was nothing overtly terrible. It had a throughline story, they built toward multiple TLC matches and announced new ones, they made the tag titles look important, they continued to feature Ziggler, Heyman hyped the title for once, and they had a bunch of relevant backstage segments to support the matches. It was a solid show.

I put my car into neutral at the top of a hill and started wailing on the horn, 10/10 would watch again

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
im really looking forward to how many sonic videos you can dig up, hulkamatt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Delsaber posted:

Well, first order of business is to get Hero back in shape, I think. Right now he's almost literally Bart Simpson the overweight male stripper.

Are you kidding? Fat Hero is loving awesome.

• Locked thread