Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cesaro should get as fat as Hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan posted:

Cesaro should get as fat as Hero

burger kings of wrestling

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Delsaber posted:

Well, first order of business is to get Hero back in shape, I think. Right now he's almost literally Bart Simpson the overweight male stripper.

Judging by his match at ELEVEN he's actually twice the wrestler he was back when he was skinny, both in terms of skill and cultivated mass.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

maybe he's trying to bulk up like Punk tried to at one point and it's just not working

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Codependent Poster posted:

He said Punk is a loner which he pretty much is. I think Vince needs a middleman like JR was to Austin for Punk and doesn't have that. But I'm sure one day, maybe years from now, they'll work something out.

It's kind of sad that Punk worked for the WWE for almost ten years and didn't seem to have anybody backing him up when all this poo poo was going on. He mentioned he was friendly with a bunch of the wrestlers, and obviously there is AJ, but the way he tells it in the podcast, it was basically every man for himself. Ironically the guy who seems to have the most in common with Punk is Cena, at least in terms of work-ethic and showing up every single day no matter what etc.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Seams posted:

It's kind of sad that Punk worked for the WWE for almost ten years and didn't seem to have anybody backing him up when all this poo poo was going on. He mentioned he was friendly with a bunch of the wrestlers, and obviously there is AJ, but the way he tells it in the podcast, it was basically every man for himself. Ironically the guy who seems to have the most in common with Punk is Cena, at least in terms of work-ethic and showing up every single day no matter what etc.

Maybe someone will ask Punk what his relationship with Cena was. If his promo in 2011 was anything to go of, He likes him a hell of a lot more than most, just hates that Cena's No.1 because Punk always felt he was.

But he did mention that Cena was the only other guy to stand up and say when something was stupid,

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Onmi posted:

Maybe someone will ask Punk what his relationship with Cena was. If his promo in 2011 was anything to go of, He likes him a hell of a lot more than most, just hates that Cena's No.1 because Punk always felt he was.

But he did mention that Cena was the only other guy to stand up and say when something was stupid,
And that they got a long pretty well

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Punk had Heyman but Heyman had his own problems with Vince I guess.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah, like Didn't Punk even say that like Randy Orton didn't know/wouldn't ask questions if something was dumb was being done.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dexo posted:

Yeah, like Didn't Punk even say that like Randy Orton didn't know/wouldn't ask questions if something was dumb was being done.

In regards to the new bonuses now that the Network was coming, Orton was coming to him and going "So uh... do you know what's going on?" rather than the office.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Vince looked absolutely "uuuuugggh" at the end when Austin was saying to suggest things on twitter to WWE. That interview was really interesting though I thought if only because Vince has a terrible charisma where you just have to keep listening.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

that's hosed up steve

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I still don't understand why Harper and Rowan aren't friends any more.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
YOU DON'T ASK ABOUT CM PUNK
YOU ASK ABOUT STAAAAAAAAARRRDDDAAAAUUUUUGGGHH

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Steve Austin cannot be swayed by donations of Dogecoin.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Seams posted:

It's kind of sad that Punk worked for the WWE for almost ten years and didn't seem to have anybody backing him up when all this poo poo was going on. He mentioned he was friendly with a bunch of the wrestlers, and obviously there is AJ, but the way he tells it in the podcast, it was basically every man for himself.

Or Punk could be lying.

I mean, he's not really a nice dude. I can totally see the locker room going "Yo, Punk's a dick. Avoid him."

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Aurain posted:

I still don't understand why Harper and Rowan aren't friends any more.

When under Bray Wyatts Swamp Cult Voodoo Hypnosis, Harper smacked Rowan around a lot or something I dunno let's just say that's his motivation for being anti-bully.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Or Punk could be lying.

I mean, he's not really a nice dude. I can totally see the locker room going "Yo, Punk's a dick. Avoid him."

I don't think punk has ever had a reputation for lying. If anything he gets in trouble because he doesn't know how to not say exactly what he is thinking.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Raw was a butt filled with a million farts.

The interview wasn't good but it was definitely interesting. If it was advertised as and included "An Hour of Stone Cold and Vince talking about the old days" I would probably be a LOT more positive on it. Vince's "I work a billion hours a day and never sleep so I expect everyone else to do at least 80% of that" work ethic is well documented but it's good to see him actually confirm it personally.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Do you think Stardust is mad that Steve mentioned some guy who never made it and his podcast over him?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Or Punk could be lying.

From what I know about the WWE it's a place where people are friends and get decent paychecks for their work but it's also a place that considers all of its talent replaceable. It's basically run like a grocery store where people make six figures, you like your coworkers, you joke around at work and sometimes go get a beer after but if the floor manager comes up to you and is all "Fuckin' Stan keeps sorting the loving fruit in a stupid way, gently caress that guy." even if you think Stan does a wonderful fruit sorting job you just keep your head low and go back to shelving milk. I think a lot of it has to do with being a company that is in many ways run the same way it was before everyone was rich and famous. They're having trouble now because they aren't recruiting guys who are under educated and dont have any idea how to negotiate with a big company, you have people who understand how much money they make an entertainment company and how much less power they have then everyone else in similar industries like TV and Film. Vince and Co have spent a long time using that "We built you from a nothing into a STAHR, boy, and you're nothin' without Papa Vince!" schtick to control guys for ages, but that poo poo doesn't work on people they didn't build like Punk or Bryan and it's working less on people like Batista who I imagine was loving amazed at the power and negotiation options on display working for a real entertainment company like Disney.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
my takeaway from Punk's comments and now Vince's on Cesaro is that if you're one of their chosen guys that fits their idea of what a star is you'll get a million opportunities, if you're not and you start to get over they'll gently caress with you and cut your legs out from underneath you constantly to see how well you stay over / if you speak up about it. if you manage to stay over regardless they might finally begrudgingly push you.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I kind of wish that NJPW or a lucha fed gets big so that Vince has to change and guys get an option on where to go. I know that at least the president of NJPW wants it to be the biggest fed. in the world. I'm not sure if it'll happen though

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

If Vince and Austin did a 2-hour talk once a month exclusively on the network, I'd subscribe for a year for sure.

That Raw has to be in the top-5 contenders for worst show of the year, right? I mean, this isn't one of those times we'll look back in a while and say 'eh', right? Because I feel like literally every segment was poorly done on top of poor production, timing, etc.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Reading the recap I'm guessing I can skip this RAW.

Curious was there an Ascension hype video?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The thing about this RAW was that it wasn't even memorably bad. Nothing ridiculous happened. It just reminded me of a late-stage Impact in that every single thing was completely inconsequential.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

no

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Smoking Crow posted:

I kind of wish that NJPW or a lucha fed gets big so that Vince has to change and guys get an option on where to go. I know that at least the president of NJPW wants it to be the biggest fed. in the world. I'm not sure if it'll happen though

It won't. You think your average WWE fan is going to watch some Japanese nonsense? You think kids are even going to know what it is? No.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That Raw was loving AWFUL.

Fantastic podcast. I had a massive grin when Steve brought up Punk. I was like "go get him Steve, you beautiful bastard!"

Best podcast moment was the face Vince pulled when Steve suggested people tweet their suggestions to his Twitter. It was a OH gently caress NO face.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

The most interesting thing about this Raw was that we learned that Rowan is a vintner. It was really bad.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

The thing about this RAW was that it wasn't even memorably bad. Nothing ridiculous happened. It just reminded me of a late-stage Impact in that every single thing was completely inconsequential.

I imagine everything was pushed to the side in favour of preping Vince for the interview and making GBS threads on CM Punk during meetings. Plus Thanksgiving meant they couldn't get that crutial 7th rewrite of Raw where they put back in the original script.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
The worst thing about RAW to me isn't that it's bad but that it doesn't feel like anyone there gives a poo poo. If it felt like they were trying to produce a good show but failing miserably it would actually be funny, but it just feels like a ton of meaningless crap thrown out there for no reason but to fill time on an incredibly overlong show and it's just depressing.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I thought the interview was fantastic for how much Austin was willing to press Vince on certain topics while getting him to ramble about the good old days to make him happy again and how much of a total shoot it was (HE SAID MARK CALAWAY). I'm afraid if they did it again it would be like when they started trying to script Corny's shoot rants in the late 90s so that bastard Austin wouldn't get one over on a McMahon, dammit.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Spermgod posted:

The worst thing about RAW to me isn't that it's bad but that it doesn't feel like anyone there gives a poo poo. If it felt like they were trying to produce a good show but failing miserably it would actually be funny, but it just feels like a ton of meaningless crap thrown out there for no reason but to fill time on an incredibly overlong show and it's just depressing.

Watching Seth Rollins bumble through an intro promo that I thought was probably the worst thing on a bad show tied in with what Vince said about Cesaro not "being able to talk."

I think he's an okay talker, but he probably can't carry a half hour talking segment. But neither can Seth, DB and a lot of other guys. The solution of just running less of those stupid things (especially when the storyline reasoning is not compelling at all) would be easier if they didn't have so much time to fill.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's crazy because if you're Cesaro, what do you do now? You know you'll never be able to get anywhere so do you just keep losing or go somewhere that's smaller but might appreciate you.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DrVenkman posted:

It's crazy because if you're Cesaro, what do you do now? You know you'll never be able to get anywhere so do you just keep losing or go somewhere that's smaller but might appreciate you.

Read that Stephen King book and learn about the thing Vince thinks you are missing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

Go up to Vince and demand to be released from your contract because you know that if Vince isn't interested he's got other places he can go to make money. Vince should ether be impressed enough that he'll give you a small push you can try to capitalise on or you can go to New Japan.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

DrVenkman posted:

I have to imagine New Japan would be glad to have him and he'd probably be pushed towards the top of the card pretty quickly. Obviously I don't have a clue how much he's making but if the stuff Alberto said about how much talent are getting stiffed on pay is true I wouldn't be surprised if he could make more, perhaps significantly more, per date for NJPW, though less dates. I also don't know if he still resides in Switzerland on his off time but if he does the 3 weeks on/3 weeks off system in Japan would allow him much more time there. Yes this is me wishful thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Is there a re-up of the cast. Me who have no network.

Never mind I found one.

• Locked thread