Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The thing about this RAW was that it wasn't even memorably bad. Nothing ridiculous happened. It just reminded me of a late-stage Impact in that every single thing was completely inconsequential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Spermgod posted:

The worst thing about RAW to me isn't that it's bad but that it doesn't feel like anyone there gives a poo poo. If it felt like they were trying to produce a good show but failing miserably it would actually be funny, but it just feels like a ton of meaningless crap thrown out there for no reason but to fill time on an incredibly overlong show and it's just depressing.

Watching Seth Rollins bumble through an intro promo that I thought was probably the worst thing on a bad show tied in with what Vince said about Cesaro not "being able to talk."

I think he's an okay talker, but he probably can't carry a half hour talking segment. But neither can Seth, DB and a lot of other guys. The solution of just running less of those stupid things (especially when the storyline reasoning is not compelling at all) would be easier if they didn't have so much time to fill.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Shine posted:

Slater Raper.

It's actually "Raper-Gator"

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Solomonic posted:

'It's amazing that even though I've lost everything else, I still have black people.' - Hulk Hogan, 'Finding Hulk Hogan' documentary

:eyepop:

I thought Hulk Hogan was black until I was like 13

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Big Dave rules

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Tables, Ladders, Chairs, Stairs and Substances

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Is there a direct link by any chance? Site appears to have crashed already :stare:

https://soundcloud.com/coltcabana/aow-227-cm-punk-returns

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

I thought Vince's logic behind calling Brock Lesnar a "special attraction" was pretty sound - but if it should apply to anyone else, it should apply to Bray Wyatt. I don't think giving a promo every week helps him at all. Who knows, maybe there are a lot of kids who love seeing it.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Aurain posted:

For the longest time, one guy used to erase the article for each numbered UFC event because he doesn't like MMA so it's not important information. It made finding information about cards quickly and easily a pain.

Wikipedia aren't good at getting their ego-maniacs under wraps.

"Zach Ryder and Curt Hawkins" was a single shared article long after the team broke up and Ryder's stuff started gaining traction. I don't edit but I imagine all sections of wiki have their weirdos who are passively tolerated as long as they do grunt work.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Big Red is a commie

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Yessss :unsmigghh:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Alain Post posted:

Pro wrestling is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

i haven't seen it but dave has talked about seeing roman reigns at press events and he's really quick and clever which just doesn't come across on tv at all with his lame overly scripted promos

It's scripting and it's also a matter of everything taking too goddamn long. The Reigns promos and the weekly opening shitshow are the obvious examples but even most of the matches can be shorter and catchier. I have sympathy for them because they have to write a three hour show every week but on a bad day it feels like a five hour show.

• Locked thread