Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
my takeaway from Punk's comments and now Vince's on Cesaro is that if you're one of their chosen guys that fits their idea of what a star is you'll get a million opportunities, if you're not and you start to get over they'll gently caress with you and cut your legs out from underneath you constantly to see how well you stay over / if you speak up about it. if you manage to stay over regardless they might finally begrudgingly push you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
The worst thing about RAW to me isn't that it's bad but that it doesn't feel like anyone there gives a poo poo. If it felt like they were trying to produce a good show but failing miserably it would actually be funny, but it just feels like a ton of meaningless crap thrown out there for no reason but to fill time on an incredibly overlong show and it's just depressing.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

DrVenkman posted:

It's crazy because if you're Cesaro, what do you do now? You know you'll never be able to get anywhere so do you just keep losing or go somewhere that's smaller but might appreciate you.

I have to imagine New Japan would be glad to have him and he'd probably be pushed towards the top of the card pretty quickly. Obviously I don't have a clue how much he's making but if the stuff Alberto said about how much talent are getting stiffed on pay is true I wouldn't be surprised if he could make more, perhaps significantly more, per date for NJPW, though less dates. I also don't know if he still resides in Switzerland on his off time but if he does the 3 weeks on/3 weeks off system in Japan would allow him much more time there. Yes this is me wishful thinking.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I think Seth was something special as a house of fire hot tag babyface but this 'heir apparently to Triple H' thing he has going on right now is absolutely insufferable.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Smoking Crow posted:

He is the most over heel in the company

Rusev

edit: jesus christ i said 'heir apparently'

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

MacDougall posted:

Seth is being built perfectly. How long has it been since there was a bonafide main event face that was over without being over as a main event level heel first?

Austin was over as a heel first
Shawn was over as a heel first
Bret heel
Trips heel
The Rock heel
Taker heel
Lesnar heel
Angle heel
Foley heel
Punk heel
Bryan heel
Orton heel
Edge heel

Cena even got over as a heel first. Sting maybe? Am I forgetting someone? Was Bret over as a face before being over as a heel? Rey Mysterio? It has been a long time.

i think having used it the other day my yearly quota for using the phrase 'cargo cult logic' without being a huge dickhead is up but this is definitely it

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 2, 2014

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

MacDougall posted:

So it's been ages.

Not familiar with that term but based on skimming wikipedia I take it to mean that you are saying that just because something is the way it is doesn't mean that it's the right way?

more of a correlation doesn't equal causation thing

edit: specifically trying to replicate a thing (getting over as a face) by replicating incidental/irrelevant circumstances (getting over as a heel first) of past cases

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 2, 2014

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
i liked when they used the word 'vintner' and then proceded to immediately explain what it was. if you think your audience is that ignorant why not just say 'winemaker' to begin with rather than explicitly condescending them.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

81sidewinder posted:

New Day was not 'jobbed out' at all. They won a match, then lost a match due to a run-in. The run-in started a program with another tag team, which they will likely beat on PPV.

idk if you know this but wrestling is fake and perception matters far more than reality

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Can't stop lollin at vince's claim Cesaro didn't have "it" despite going over as organically possible over a long, hard-fought period of time. Get that carny bullshit the gently caress outta here

For all the talk about "grabbing the brass ring" I'm pretty sure Vince really wants to believe that he is personally responsible for engineering every success story in the WWE. The corollary to that is that if Vince sees you as belonging in a certain spot and you manage to get over beyond that spot he will try to engineer things to put you back in your place.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

81sidewinder posted:

People are using the term 'jobbed out' like they don't know what it means. Zach Ryder was jobbed out in 2012. Cesaro was jobbed out this summer and fall. The New Day haven't been buried, they lost a match on the same night they won a match. They are also being booked into a program with an established team. They are being given a chance. The booking was not ideal, obviously, since Kofi could have been counted out instead of pinned and it improves the whole thing dramatically. Saying they are already jobbers is factually inaccurate.

of course they aren't already jobbers but i think WWE has trained fans to expect that anyone worth caring about wins consistently, ESPECIALLY when they're debuting or re-debuting or whatever.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Blast Fantasto posted:

Yeah people need to seriously stop acting like someone is being buried or jobbed out every time they lose.

They lost the match because some heels cheated and interfered. They now have motivation to get revenge. This is wrestling plot 101.

you usually dont do that kind of thing until the fans have already been given reason to get invested in the guys who got cheated

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

elf help book posted:

What do you think of New Day?

Not what do you think other people think. What do you think? Have you been trained by WWE?

i don't give a poo poo because i only watch the PPVs which i am sure they will never be on

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
i think it's pretty disingenuous of you to get involved in a discussion about booking and then turn it into "but what do YOU think"? if you think talking about whether something makes booking sense rather than whether you personally enjoyed it is dumb then fine, but then don't get involved in the discussion to begin with.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
they should sign Cavernario

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
i think Rush could easily be a top heel in WWE, guy is like the only wrestler ever that has convinced me he's a total prick in real life based solely on his in-ring work.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is he actually good because I loved his match at the CMLL anniversary show

he's been one of the best wrestlers in the world this year imo. check his En Busca de un Ídolo finals match vs. Hechicero and his match vs. Titán for the Mexican Welterweight title for starters. most all his En Busca matches involving Hechicero, Dragon Lee or Cachorro were really good too. and his lightning match vs. Rey Cometa i thought was better than the Aniversario match it built to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
i don't think anyone holds anything against Cena for stuff he says on TV

• Locked thread