Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I still don't understand why Harper and Rowan aren't friends any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The quality of your theme in 2014 WWE directly correlates to how interesting you are of a wrestler.

Great theme = boring as gently caress.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DrVenkman posted:

Good for him. They had one of the stars of one of the biggest movies of all time and they did nothing to capitalise on that. I don't even think he got a mention. It's weird how WWE wants to be mainstream and then seems to shun any opportunity that presents itself.

They only announced that this morning UK time, the WWE aren't going to jump the gun on it.
Time may prove you to be correct, I'd say that's actually very likely, but it might be worth giving them a little while first. The WWE do suck, but let's let them prove it before ripping them on it first.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

DrVenkman posted:

At least there was an insight into what wrestlers get paid. 4 Nights of hardcore matches, 5k, 4 hours with Wizardworld, 20k.

Regardless of Punk saying "I know what I'm worth", that's still good money. Entry level UFC fighters used to get 8k/8k show/win, but a large chunk of that was spent in the build up to fights on training and related stuff. My heart hardly bleeds for Punk on that point, even though shafting him out of the promised money is bullshit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

Wikipedia refuses to acknowledge that WWE themselves are calling it TLC: Tables, Ladders, Chairs ... and Stairs because they think it is just a joke and not an official name.

For the longest time, one guy used to erase the article for each numbered UFC event because he doesn't like MMA so it's not important information. It made finding information about cards quickly and easily a pain.

Wikipedia aren't good at getting their ego-maniacs under wraps.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think Dean Ambrose should feud with Cena again. I think it would do wonders for him. And then Cena can take on Wyatt again, I really want to see that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Writer Cath posted:

Shut up, Vince.

Sorry, I can't hear you, you don't have the brass ring.

In all honesty, I have no idea what the brass ring analogy alludes to, but brass doesn't exactly scream glory to those who aren't particularly informed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Luigi Thirty posted:

oh god he literally is Kevin Nash

I think you'll find that Roman Reigns doesn't have a bunch of weird super-fans who collect pictures of him with his hands in his pockets.

So he's Kevin Nash but worse.

• Locked thread