Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's crazy because if you're Cesaro, what do you do now? You know you'll never be able to get anywhere so do you just keep losing or go somewhere that's smaller but might appreciate you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

West007 posted:

Is there any place to watch/listen to the podcast for network non havers? It was on yt but got pulled down already.

Austin has said the audio will be coming in the next few days if YT links keep coming down.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Blast Fantasto posted:

Kurt Angle re-upped with TNA, so there goes any chance of him being an authority figure / dying in a WWE ring.

That's a shame. He would've been PERFECT for a feud with Rusev.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Listening to the second Punk podcast, it increasingly seems like WWE is run like a cult that tries really hard to get people to forget there's a world outside of the WWE. You don't get opportunities, they hand you gifts. They take anything that someone might achieve on their own and spin it into something they're giving you. They take away any personal responsibility. It's almost like an abusive relationship.

I wonder who it was that forwarded Punk the email chain about the game cover.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

lomzus posted:

Batista was just confirmed as one of the villains in the next James Bond movie, so with that and Guardians of the Galaxy 2/other Marvel movies I dont think hes going back to WWE any time soon.

Good for him. They had one of the stars of one of the biggest movies of all time and they did nothing to capitalise on that. I don't even think he got a mention. It's weird how WWE wants to be mainstream and then seems to shun any opportunity that presents itself.

If Batista was in a WWE production you wouldn't hear the end of it .

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

The way Punk tells it it's like Punk was on the cusp of becoming a mainstream celebrity (or at least all over the shop in the public eye) and WWE did everything in it's power to stop that happening. Like the WWE wants their wrestlers to become big but only if they're the guys who won't become too big for their britches.

Also highlights a problem with the WWE and big buisness in general that they'll stuff a bunch of legal sounding mumbo jumbo into their contracts with no actual basis in law and hope that they'll get away with it because nobody has the money to take them to task on it.

I mean yeah, basically. It seems that if it's not an opportunity that they've created then it's shut down. The game cover is one example. They clearly wanted Punk on the cover because Punk is more marketable, but that's not a WWE idea so they twist it into getting someone else on the cover. Then they can go to Sheamus or whoever and say hey, look what we did for you.

Exactly the same with the Slim Jims thing. There's no reason why Punk shouldn't have headed that up. But it was a Punk opportunity, not a WWE one, and they can't be having that.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Sasha aint ratchet posted:

I won't be able to listen to the podcast for a few days, why did Punk rip Jericho? I had always thought that they were good friends.

In fact, I saw them goofing around as a tag team at a house show against the Rhodes Scholars

I think that he used Jericho as an example of people who say that he'll be back. I think Jericho said that he left too and swore never to go back and gave Punk 3 years. Punk said that Jericho doesn't understand as much as he thinks he does because they left under completely different circumstances.

It was pretty clear that he was still incredibly annoyed by the firing on his wedding day thing.

I think it sticks out because outside of Trips, he doesn't really mention anyone by name in any sort of negative way, except he's mentioned Ryback and Jericho a few times.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Aurain posted:

They only announced that this morning UK time, the WWE aren't going to jump the gun on it.
Time may prove you to be correct, I'd say that's actually very likely, but it might be worth giving them a little while first. The WWE do suck, but let's let them prove it before ripping them on it first.

Well to be fair I was talking about Guardians of the Galaxy, in which they seemingly did very little to go "Oh hey, you know that guy who everyone likes in it, we had him first." It's like PR 101.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Astro7x posted:

The Punk Pt 2 podcast is really lackluster in comparison... just go read a recap of it. No real questions were answered from fans, just more venting about lost opportunities.

To be fair it seemed that a lot of questions were just general wrestling stuff, and not specific to the situation.

At least there was an insight into what wrestlers get paid. 4 Nights of hardcore matches, 5k, 4 hours with Wizardworld, 20k.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

So as per Austin's podcast, classic heel moves are not allowed according to Cesaro. So if you're a heel, rather than get any heat in the ring you just sort of...lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Interesting to read what Meltzer has had to say about the CM Punk stuff. Mainly with the locker room being divided on what he's said. Seems that very few of them have any sympathy regarding the injuries he had, since the thought was that they're all riddled with injuries but they carry on. Of course, just because it's the way it's always been it doesn't mean it's the right way of doing it.

Some of them also said how they would love to have the opportunity to put over Rock or Undertaker. I'm sure Punk was fine about it too at first.

Meltzer also mentions that Punk has been in regular contact with a few guys there, but they don't want to admit it because they're worried about repercussions, which is kind of hosed up. Also, Vince wanted to start an MMA promotion based around Bob Sapp.

• Locked thread