Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

This show was poopy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I thought the interview was fantastic for how much Austin was willing to press Vince on certain topics while getting him to ramble about the good old days to make him happy again and how much of a total shoot it was (HE SAID MARK CALAWAY). I'm afraid if they did it again it would be like when they started trying to script Corny's shoot rants in the late 90s so that bastard Austin wouldn't get one over on a McMahon, dammit.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Has there ever been a point in WWE where grabbing the brass ring was possible? Either Hogan holds you down or the Kliq holds you down or whatever. Has anyone ever gone out, broken the script, and been rewarded for it?

I heard Goldberg didn't follow a script once.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Benne posted:

I hope Blue Pants stays a regular, gets over as gently caress and they don't even bother giving her a real name

Some Jobber

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

And that raw was clearly rewritten 50 times between that post and airing

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Reports say at the 2011 Mania after party Slater tried to drag a security guard into an elevator back to his room. She reported it to her supervisor who didn't do anything about it. Now there's a warrant out for him in Atlanta.

efb

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Apparently they've been trying to get a warrant issued for 3 years but nobody would do it. The original report was he had some kind of alibi but if he did it in the middle of a room, uh

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 3, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Don't read the comments about this on reddit or the board fyi

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Fat Lowtax posted:

I thought Hulk Hogan was black until I was like 13

It took me a long time to figure out Perry Saturn wasn't black

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Shine posted:

Orange is the new black.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

:rip:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Is this a new person or the one Slater locked up in a hotel years ago?

Same one.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Mods change my name to Top 100 Super Lawyer tia

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Spermgod posted:

they should sign Cavernario

Is he actually good because I loved his match at the CMLL anniversary show

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Onmi posted:

Well yeah, think of most wrestlers? think they're going to have the money to fight the WWE's lawyers in a court? I mean... I'm sure there's SOME ruling in the 90's about a No-Compete being legally enforced, and in that case, there's a set legal precedent so... that puts it in the favor of the WWE. But I don't know enough about American Law to tell if such a case happened

Depends on the state but in most places they're unenforceable or easy to have thrown out if you can afford a lawyer. Besides, they're independent contractors!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

"We're not competing against TNA, we're competing against Pewdiepie" -Vince McMahon

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Did Big Dave mention how morale is within the WWE locker room? Between Punk's 'I got stiffed out of a $20,000 appearance' and Vince's 'nobody on the current roster can obtain my figurative brass ring' with Cena lauding over them 'You've got to go through me and I'm here till the end JACK', I'd be loving pissed.

I know he said they generally agreed with Punk except on certain points but I haven't read this week's Observer.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

What is lucratively?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

West007 posted:

It's Big Red/Lunatic fringe/flying goat/the eater of worlds I LOVE IT MAGGLE!

Lets switch gears now, John Cena is in a handicap match tonight, can he overcome the odds?

I remember when Hulk Hogan invoked creative control and went over Arn Anderson and The Giant in a handicap match before he disappeared to film Santa with Muscles. No rapadoo can top that.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

no selling a DDT on concrete to then win a 1v2?

Well there was that time Cactus Jack had to shoot DDT Sandman on the concrete a few times before he'd go down because he was too drunk and concussed (which Cactus didn't know) to stay down and would just get up which is pretty bad when you think about it

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Saw this in this week's Observor from an anonymous locker room source:

quote:

He absolutely buried the entire locker room with the Cena was the last guy to reach for the brass ring comment,” noted one star.

“He went out of his way to not get in a public war of words with Punk, but Punk clearly reached for the brass ring.”

“Bryan is a little different. He’s complacent and his gimmick so pushed him through the roof. Dolph has really busted his rear end (to get to the top), but never understood how to combat HHH’s perception of him and subsequent constant burials behind the scenes, or how Michael Hayes would bury him just to cozy up to HHH and show him, `I’ll back you up in conversations with Vince.’ But the comment was just such an indictment, and a terrible one, on the whole crew.”

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Picked up a pair of tickets to the Tampa house show in February. Maybe they'll do something funny since it's on Valentine's Day.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Vince McMahon is a national treasure

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Have fun, man.

don't drink too much and cheer for who you want!

But John Cena is not advertised for the house show I am going to :smith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I showed my mom that video of Ted DiBiase kicking the basketball away from the little kid. Immediately she knew what his character was (rich rear end in a top hat) and it made her so incredibly angry even though it was 25 years ago, it was just TV and the kid got paid anyway off camera. She's not even a wrestling fan! I don't get why they have to make heeling it up or even just having recognizable characters so difficult.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Tell her it is fake and she's a loving mark.

I did, she said she's angry that the kid probably doesn't and that they were messing with his emotions like that.

The kid was like 4 and completely oblivious.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I wonder how a 36-year-old with no fighting experience, bad knees, and 5,000 concussions is going to do in UFC

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Benne posted:

He'll do one fight in Chicago against the canniest can Dana can find, maybe go the distance if he's lucky, and then see if he wants to do more. This strikes me as one of those bucket list-type things.

He said he didn't care whether he won or lost but he always wanted to do it, they're going to interview him on Fox Sports 1 at 1AM

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I think they had one for #1 contendership for the IC title and the Seth vs Dean one.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Cardboard Box posted:

i haven't seen it but dave has talked about seeing roman reigns at press events and he's really quick and clever which just doesn't come across on tv at all with his lame overly scripted promos

oh god he literally is Kevin Nash

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Haha yeah before reading your last line I was going to say, "everyone talks about wanting 'seasons' for wrestling, and here RVD is doing just that for himself!'

It's really not on him to put in a 24/7 schedule so the current guys feel better about themselves. If he can come in and get paid good for him. He spends his time putting over the young guys anyway, it's not like he's coming back like HHH does.

I think Dave said he worked out a special deal with WWE to where he can call them up and say he wants to work the next 90 days.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

by far the most heartbreaking part of pro wrestling for me was finding out that Diesel was a dick :( how could Big Daddy Cool not be the poo poo???

He's not an rear end in a top hat, he's a carny that's in it to make himself as much money as possible. That's why he's the best ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Daniel Bryan posted:

lol thinking they're going to change booking plans based on Slammy voting

"Why isn't the Rock winning Best Actor? God drat it, hire that guy who rigged the WCW polls!"

• Locked thread