Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the best team so far?
This poll is closed.
Warriors 117 48.35%
Raptors 39 16.12%
Bulls 15 6.20%
TrailBlazers 25 10.33%
Grizzlies 46 19.01%
Total: 242 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Hasn't been announced yet, but it sounds like Durant is playing tonight. He was set to miss 6-8 weeks and will have missed about 7 if he returns tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Who's that Euro that said he was ready to face off with LeBron because he grew up dodging artillery fire? Teletovic? let's do a run in with him and Bieber.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Durant will "only" play 30 minutes tonight against New Orleans. This means Lance Thomas might still play some..

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Let's grab a bite to eat, then head over to The Stick for some professional basketball.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
The 76ers are going to pay Reggie Jackson 14 million a year.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I wish I had more time to watch all the good teams like Golden State. I'm taking a week off between Christmas and New Years, and I'm gonna watch some Warriors basketball and little kids dancing at the games.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I'm laughing pretty hard at Eduardo Nájera trying to scamper away and Jeffries hanging on to his shorts

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
LeBron James out tonight in OKC with knee soreness, clearly afraid of Durant & dodging the Thunder.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Mr. Mambold posted:

Or daring his team to beat them at home without him.

games within games brother.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Inside Outside posted:

We can't allow Euros to have this kind of dunking technology.

Sorta like how you don't want the Germans to actually have the launch codes for nukes during the cold war. They can be on our side, but not like that..

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Thunder are inquiring about Wilson Chandler. There's no obvious 1-for-1 contract match on the Thunder's roster, so I guess it would be a few players on OKC's end.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybasketball/update/24882472/report-thunder-eyeing-nuggets-sf-wilson-chandler

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Kings fired a guy because he didn't want to pursue Josh Smith.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

hitze posted:

Flex all the remaining Kings games onto national tv

e:
GOOD NEWS

Thunder-Kings has to be on national tv after the trash talk between Gay and Perk yesterday:

Rudy Gay posted:

He [Perk] might as well play with his face painted -- he's a clown to me.

Perk posted:

I'd rather be a clown than be a virus. At least if I paint my face, I can wash the paint off. A virus gets in your bloodstream. You can't get rid of that.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Ranadive is a straight up lunatic. I mean, we knew that, but what is this poo poo:

“The NBA has become like the high-tech business,” Ranadive said. Point four. “Just because you invented the iPhone, doesn’t mean you can rest on your laurels because somebody else is building a better iPhone. Just because you win 50 games, doesn’t mean you can be satisfied with the status quo. Just because you win 16 games in a row, doesn’t mean that you don’t look for Ray Allen to make your team better. So we live in a time when good enough isn’t, and we need to keep getting better. So while we have a good foundation, we needed to pivot. We needed to go.

Defense is great, but we need defense and offense,” he said. “We need to go from a rules-based organization, which was important when you had chaos, to a values-based organization. From kind of a programmatic offense, to a read-and-respond, free-flowing offense. I like to use a music metaphor. We had a Sousa marching band, which was needed when there was chaos, but now we need to shift to a jazz band, where people can be individually showcased and improvised. What we need is a jazz director. I think that’s the kind of leadership moving forward.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/71550/vivek-ranadive-looking-for-a-jazz-director

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Kings to introduce surge pricing on nachos at halftime.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

WhyteRyce posted:

Vivek already suggested using real time inventory numbers to slash the cost of hot dogs in the third quarter to customers who have a history of purchasing hot dogs and communicating the special to them via the Kings app

I see reality has already progressed far beyond my bad jokes.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

cisneros posted:

Rondo beat Durant in HORSE by shooting threes.

no he didn't.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
http://www.nba.com/allstar/2010/horse/

There, look, Durant won HORSE in really lame ways both years they had it before it was rightly scrapped. I'll post to defend KD's honor.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Jameer Nelson signs a deal in FA with Dallas, promptly traded to the Celtics, lol.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Mavs escalating the Dallas-Houston arms race yet again, Houston must react or be seen as weaklings.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Houston might've been in on Rondo too, but it's probably only because Morey's :siren: Star Alert :siren: went off. Also, I read Boston now has 11 first round picks in the next 4 year. Not sure about protection though.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Why is there no protection on any of those Nets' picks oh my god.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
If there's not a Jurassic World tie-in in Toronto this summer i swear to god.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Last night was the first time Kobe has scored single-digit points on 15 or more attempts, and Andre Roberson contested every attempt he took. Roberson also outscored Kobe 10-9 and airballed a free throw attempt. All aboard the Roberson bandwagon, I promise there's plenty of room. He's also leading the league in opponents FG% and points per shot.

e:

joshtothemaxx posted:

It looked like they were doubling Kobe nearly every time he got the ball.

This is not the case. They trapped him a little, but Roberson guarded him one-on-one, including the final possession.

Bush Did Outer Heaven fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Dec 20, 2014

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
By decree of Adam Silver, the PG spots in the west shall be decided by a series of one-on-one games.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Forget the vet min or the MLE, there's going to be a bidding war for Josh Smith.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

morestuff posted:

Varajao is out for the season. Cleveland's defense is going to be awful all year.

The only thing I've ever seen SAS unanimous on was that Anderson Varejao would suffer a brutal season-ending injury less than halfway through the year and compromise Cleveland's entire roster. Welp.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Looks like Charlotte's putting a claim for Tarik Black in. Shame Dallas didn't go for him regardless of fit just for the hell of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Please trigger warning any images from Game 2 of the 2011-2012 NBA Finals, esp. those of Durant's game-tying attempt.

• Locked thread