Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006

Aesop Poprock posted:

Ban al cowens and really anyone who posts in hellthread

:snype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

OldSenileGuy posted:

I hosted a giant goon meet at my parents house in the summer of 2001 when I was like 17 and it was pretty awesome. Goons flew in from a few different places around the country to attend. Only a few of them are still around.

One of the things I remember most about that party is two goons whose name I don't remember that I had spoken to about coming, but they never showed up. One of them I told him I'd pick him up at the train station and gave him my phone number. Never got a call. Turns out he took the train up from nyc to the station (a ~1.5 hour ride), no one was there waiting for him, so he got back on the train and went home.

The other one either wrote down my address wrong or I accidentally gave it to him wrong. It wasn't totally off, but the address was 127 main St and he had 129 main St. He showed up to 129 main St, knocked on the door, they told him there was no party there. He then looked at the house across the street with a ton of cars in the driveway, music blaring from the house, and people obviously partying in the backyard....and proceeded to get back in his car and go home.

Lots of goons are cool, but lots of goons are loving weird, too.

This is the same poo poo as people who say "why isn't anyone making any effort to talk to me?" Don't be a lazy socially awkward retard.

Also, lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I went to a couple of meets back in 05-06 in Philly, hosted by some guy who looked like Dave Attell. They weren't too bad, about 15 people each time

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

its this thread, isnt it

this one right here

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

let's have a goon meet itt

jerk1000
Dec 3, 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmCjdKio8NE

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

its weird these guys look a whole lot nerdier than the people who did the gbs video chat thing in general

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON GOONCON

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Neurosis posted:

who was the guy who stole doorknobs at the first goonmeet he went to before upgrading to stealing women's underwear at later meets

Nightmarez. He then upgraded to sexually assaulting women, and then (according to fyad) transitioned to female. So whether thats true or not, theres some great stories there from anyone who remembers

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
seems like us second generation guys arent as hosed up as past goons so a goon meet might be fun imo

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Syd Midnight posted:

Nightmarez. He then upgraded to sexually assaulting women, and then (according to fyad) transitioned to female. So whether thats true or not, theres some great stories there from anyone who remembers

I remember him licking some grody redhead's boob in front of a bunch of people... This was the same girl that Geckolio famously flips off. Was this Vegas?

E: '01

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

OldSenileGuy posted:

I hosted a giant goon meet at my parents house in the summer of 2001 when I was like 17 and it was pretty awesome. Goons flew in from a few different places around the country to attend. Only a few of them are still around.

One of the things I remember most about that party is two goons whose name I don't remember that I had spoken to about coming, but they never showed up. One of them I told him I'd pick him up at the train station and gave him my phone number. Never got a call. Turns out he took the train up from nyc to the station (a ~1.5 hour ride), no one was there waiting for him, so he got back on the train and went home.

The other one either wrote down my address wrong or I accidentally gave it to him wrong. It wasn't totally off, but the address was 127 main St and he had 129 main St. He showed up to 129 main St, knocked on the door, they told him there was no party there. He then looked at the house across the street with a ton of cars in the driveway, music blaring from the house, and people obviously partying in the backyard....and proceeded to get back in his car and go home.

Lots of goons are cool, but lots of goons are loving weird, too.

Hahaha. I remember once back around 2001-2002 when I was still in college and invited a couple of the other goons on campus over to hang out and drink since I had some folks over for my birthday. The next day I got a PM from somebody telling me that he had apparently driven to the campus from like half an hour out, and rather than ring the doorbell for my suite, instead opted to walk around outside yelling "SA GOONS WHERE ARE YOU" for a few minutes before giving up and going home.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 4, 2014

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW

raditts posted:

Hahaha. I remember once back around 2001-2002 when I was still in college and invited a couple of the other goons on campus over to hang out and drink since I had some folks over for my birthday. The next day I got a PM from somebody telling me that he had apparently driven to the campus from like half an hour out, and rather than ring the doorbell for my suite, instead opted to walk around outside yelling "SA GOONS WHERE ARE YOU" for a few minutes before giving up and going home.

hhahahaha

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Haam posted:

seems like us second generation guys arent as hosed up as past goons so a goon meet might be fun imo

SA at this point is a bunch of programmer nerds in their 20s or 30s do you really want to meet that kind of person in real life

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

shyduck posted:

I went to a couple of meets back in 05-06 in Philly, hosted by some guy who looked like Dave Attell. They weren't too bad, about 15 people each time

I think that was Leland Gaunt. He was a cool guy and a good host, haven't seen him post around here in years.

Heavy Petting posted:

I remember him licking some grody redhead's boob in front of a bunch of people... This was the same girl that Geckolio famously flips off. Was this Vegas?

E: '01

I think the first Vegas gooncon was '02. The redhead you're thinking of was RabidHamster.

Why do I remember these things. Why do I know these things.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
That guy who hosted the Tokyo goon meets who was really angry and adamant that everybody follow a very rigid set of rules and etiquette including wives and girlfriends being banned and punished rule breakers by making a lot of noise with an air horn

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Al Cowens posted:

That guy who hosted the Tokyo goon meets who was really angry and adamant that everybody follow a very rigid set of rules and etiquette including wives and girlfriends being banned and punished rule breakers by making a lot of noise with an air horn

the way of the goonurai may seem odd to outsiders, but they actually have a very rich culture

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
eh prob not im way cooler than most all goons ive seen tbh

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Robo Reagan posted:

the way of the goonurai may seem odd to outsiders, but they actually have a very rich culture
It wasn't super passive honorific Japanese yamato etiquette it was "cater to my idiosyncratic anxieties and autism and OCD" etiquette

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
realtalk if someone hosted a goonmeet around Dallas, I would totally show. I think meeting up with posting pals in real life is an experience worth attending, no matter what horrible autistic poo poo will happen. Morbid goonmeets seem like the only kind of goonmeets.

y'all scared

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Al Cowens posted:

It wasn't super passive honorific Japanese yamato etiquette it was "cater to my idiosyncratic anxieties and autism and OCD" etiquette

yeah that dude wasn't running the three i went to because they were chill as gently caress

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Lol Al Cowens lurks meet threads he doesn't go to.

And gets super mad about them.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
If you keep typing and thinking "mad" over and over wishing and hoping I guess it might happen through magic psychokinesis powers.

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People
I stopped reading at page 3. Who the gently caress is Sabel?

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch posted:

Oh you don't know? You better ask somebody! (I don't know)

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Sabel is generally a cool dude and I once watched him put his bra on his head at my command. However, right now he is not being very chill. Sad!

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Sheng-ji Yang

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
i'm saleb

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Who the gently caress still has an Al-Aqsa tag in an account registered in 2014

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
"My gift to industry is the genetically engineered worker, or Genejack. Specially designed for labor, the Genejack's muscles and nerves are ideal for his task, and the cerebral cortex has been atrophied so that he can desire nothing except to perform his duties. Tyranny, you say? How can you tyrannize someone who cannot feel pain?"

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Al Cowens posted:

Who the gently caress still has an Al-Aqsa tag in an account registered in 2014

Hahahaha, I had no idea what the gently caress you were talking about for a second, and then it updated.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
I went to a few goon meets. Hung out with Ornery Bean/labyrinth once.

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People
I went to a local small scale goon meet once. it was Ok.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

October Revolution posted:

I went to a few goon meets. Hung out with Ornery Bean/labyrinth once.

Wish I could chill with the OB, and hear more about her disgusting weird threesomes with her boyfriend and other goons and the time she was naked and tripped and somehow her dog got all up in it and how each one of these stories was like 2 chapters of a goosebumps book long and structured similarly despite how they were presented as light humous anecdotes

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wish I could chill with the OB, and hear more about her disgusting weird threesomes with her boyfriend and other goons and the time she was naked and tripped and somehow her dog got all up in it and how each one of these stories was like 2 chapters of a goosebumps book long and structured similarly despite how they were presented as light humous anecdotes

...What :stare:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

tripped, fell, landed on pet's penis

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

I never ever want to meet any of you people.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

BONGHITZ posted:

tripped, fell, landed on pet's penis

Most falls involving bestiality occur in the home.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Keep misreading title as 'Worst goon of all time' and thinking someone made another thread about me :anttony:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeepBoopBatman
Apr 21, 2008

CaptainScraps posted:

Oh man one or two more.

So in 2010 there was a halloween party in Dallas. We proceeded to get insanely drunk and I picked up a deviled egg from a food tray and hucked it at Jerry_Rudd, who no longer posts. Jerry_Rudd started throwing flour back and hit another goon whose forum name I forget. That dude is drunk and he reaches into the barbecue pit and starts throwing lit loving coals at people.

And then they burn down the host's above-ground pool.

And then the army vets get on the roof and start lighting fireworks and throwing them at people, so the party hosts calls the cops. And the vets proceed to throw lit fireworks at them.

That was a good party. There was also one where slay (RIP) more or less passed out curled around the toilet and just waved at people and told them to poop around him.

There was the original awful shots, wherein you would make the worst shots for other people and they would drink them. This is a game that evolved throughout the years, culminating in a blender and things that aren't meant to be drank, like mudslide mix, gin and an entire smoked fish. The only time someone puked was when we mixed everything red in the fridge together.

God goonmeets were fun as hell.

I remember the Dallas goonmeet that was also supposed to double as goon thanksgiving and someone brought an entire boiled pig head.

Then there was the BBQ one where some creepy drunk goon kept following this chick upstairs and then fell down the stairs after passing out.

Then there was the one where Kumo caught the tarantula.

And the one where everyone showed up and put Battlestar Galactica or Dr. Who or some poo poo on a big projector screen and half the people just turned around and left.

Those were the days.

BeepBoopBatman fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 5, 2014

• Locked thread