Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

zoux posted:

Even if it was who's going to sue on behalf of actual Nazis. Maybe if the ACLU's feeling particularly trollish.

We're talking about Octogenarians who can't reasonably defend themselves anymore. 30 years ago? yeah, sure. But at this point, just what do you propose they do? "HA HA! Die Nazi!" Doesn't feel as righteous when the bastards can barely move on their own power.

I'd prefer a card along with their check. "We're paying for you to live, because we're better than you were."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

An Angry Bug posted:

Even Nazis deserve social services.

Unironically this.

They paid in, they shouldn't be stripped of it because of something they did before that, even if that thing was pretty horrible. It's a bad precedent.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Talmonis posted:

We're talking about Octogenarians who can't reasonably defend themselves anymore. 30 years ago? yeah, sure. But at this point, just what do you propose they do? "HA HA! Die Nazi!" Doesn't feel as righteous when the bastards can barely move on their own power.

Again, these are literally Nazis man. I don't think there's a statute of limitations on "gently caress Nazis".

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Xand_Man posted:

Why haven't they poison-pilled the poo poo out of that Nazi bill?

Do you wanna be the guy that gets smeared as giving tax payer money to a literal nazi?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Do what that Austrian town did and give them a breakdown of how much of their SS pay-in went to minorities if you still want the spite factor.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Again, these are literally Nazis man. I don't think there's a statute of limitations on "gently caress Nazis".

These guys may have realized the error of their ways and made right by living good, productive lives helping people for all we know. And there are shittons of would be nazis born and raised in the US who won't have their benefits stripped.

Plus they were maybe 20-25 years old during the war, tops. And in the lowest ranks, just dumb youth caught up in all the bullshit of the time, maybe.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Badger of Basra posted:

Why not do it again then?

The American electorate is notoriously forgetful, but repeating the same thing over and over is the sort of thing that can finally create an impression.

Take the last 20-30 years of "Democrats raise taxes!" It's not even true, but it's been repeated so often it's created a rut in peoples' minds that it's impossible to sway.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

zoux posted:

If they can't be convicted of any other crime though, it sets a bad precedent to create a law punishing them for retroactive crimes. Even members of the most evil organization ever deserve due process.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Chamale posted:

If they can't be convicted of any other crime though, it sets a bad precedent to create a law punishing them for retroactive crimes. Even members of the most evil organization ever deserve due process.

Ha due process.... only if you can afford it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Chamale posted:

Why do you hate Jews and oppose the Israeli state?

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

BlueBlazer posted:

Ha due process.... only if you can afford it.

Rich Man's Justice

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sen. Feinstein seems to be hinting that the CIA Torture report (exec. summary) will be publicly released this week.

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009

Xand_Man posted:

Do what that Austrian town did and give them a breakdown of how much of their SS pay-in went to minorities if you still want the spite factor.

Do you have a link on this it sounds amazing

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
From the end of the last thread.

Fried Chicken posted:

Goons As Disney Characters and the LF Let's Watch Die Hard remain the pinnacle of anything that has ever appeared on this site
A shameful path led us here.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

From the end of the last thread.
A shameful path led us here.

It's okay, clearly he had never read that fyad chatroulette thread, but he's gonna fix that soon

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Meanwhile, in Louisiana, a voter announces she will likely not vote for Rep. Bill Cassidy to move up to the Senate.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
How couldn't I cast a pity vote for him, he has the eyes of a sad kitten.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Alex Jones has a theory about Ferguson. See if you can guess without watching the video!

It was an Obama/UN sponsored false flag to start a race war.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Joementum posted:

Alex Jones has a theory about Ferguson. See if you can guess without watching the video!

Cool. That's super cool. What's weird is a lot of people believe it and I work with a few people who are disappointed their racist rear end fever dreams never came to fruition.

Anyway, been reading about Obama funding body cameras. How's the thread feel on it? Here's a link and a snippet:

From NBCNews.com...(weird, why does it add ellipses?)

Obama Requests $263 Million for Police Body Cameras, Training
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/obama-requests-263-million-police-body-cameras-training-n259161

quote:

"This is not a problem just of Ferguson, Missouri. This is a national problem," Obama said.

The administration also said Monday that it will not make major changes to a program that transfers military equipment to state and local law enforcement agencies, but will instead focus on better oversight, transparency and training to ensure that the equipment is used properly. The president did say he would work to ensure the United States is not building a "militarized culture" in its police forces.

Obama will also announce the creation of a new task force - led by [b]Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey and former Office of Justice Programs AG Laurie Robinson[\b] - to prepare recommendations for "21st century policing."

I am gonna look into the bolder above - seems like a pretty big deal. Also, look into buying stocks in TASR if this goes through I guess, according to Google.

Armani fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 3, 2014

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Armani posted:

Anyway, been reading about Obama funding body cameras. How's the thread feel on it?

It's good, but it will require Congress to add it to the budget, so....

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

The OP reminded me that I saw Ice Cube at Bonnaroo. That was an interesting 15 minutes.

So, on the scale of chicken bone to dinosaur bone, how boned are we this month?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

My Face When posted:

The OP reminded me that I saw Ice Cube at Bonnaroo. That was an interesting 15 minutes.

So, on the scale of chicken bone to dinosaur bone, how boned are we this month?

Chicken, unless Ted Cruz decides to filibuster the bill.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Does any thing ever happen that's not a false flag?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Postin' because Fried Chicken finally chose a pro as gently caress thread title.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

zoux posted:

Does any thing ever happen that's not a false flag?

My posts...as far as you know. :tinfoil:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:lol: I didn't even notice that Edwin Edwards did well in the general election this year. He's in a debate tonight and looks like he'll take over Bill Cassidy's seat in Congress.

In case you don't know, Edwards is the now-87-year-old hilariously corrupt former four (non-consecutive) term Governor of Louisiana who was last elected in 1992 when he beat David Duke. He spent 2002-2010 in federal prison for racketeering, extortion, money laundering, mail fraud and wire fraud. He is currently married to his third wife, age 36. She gave birth to his son (and fifth child) last year.

Joementum fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 3, 2014

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Joementum posted:

:lol: I didn't even notice that Edwin Edwards did well in the general election this year. He's in a debate tonight and looks like he'll take over Bill Cassidy's seat in Congress.

In case you don't know, Edwards is the now-87-year-old hilariously corrupt former four (non-consecutive) term Governor of Louisiana who was last elected in 1992 when he beat David Duke. He spent 2002-2010 in federal prison for racketeering, extortion, money laundering, mail fraud and wire fraud. He is currently married to his third wife, age 36. She gave birth to his son (and fifth child) last year.

Go get 'im, Tiger.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

This guy sounds like a real go-getter and you could all learn something from him.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Joementum posted:

As much as I wanted Edwards to be my Rep, I was under the impression he's straight hosed in the runoff? Republican candidates got like twice the votes in the jungle as he did.

Fun fact Edwin only ran for Congress because he's barred from running for Governor by statute as a convicted Felon. LA felt that law to be necessary

Additionally he has the best politics ice burn ever

Said referring to David Duke

"The only thing my opponent and I have in common is that we're both wizards beneath the sheets. "

Also that poster of Double Bill Cassidy made its debut at College Gameday at LSU. It was on ESPN, on national television, which was awesome

Rygar201 fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 3, 2014

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rygar201 posted:

As much as I wanted Edwards to be my Rep, I was under the impression he's straight hosed in the runoff? Republican candidates got like twice the votes he did.

That's a shame. He's said in the debate tonight that we should use the Navy to defend the border. That's the kind of radical old thinking I can get behind.

Rygar201 posted:

"The only thing my opponent and I have in common is that we're both wizards beneath the sheets. "

:laffo: x 1000000000

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Good news! The Florida Public Service Commission voted to drop energy efficiency goals by 90% and axe funding for solar credits because the power companies asked nicely and natural gas is totally more efficient than solar power in Florida. They also voted to let FPL charge us $750 million a year forever to invest in fracking in Oklahoma, even if they decide not to pursue it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Joementum posted:

That's a shame. He's said in the debate tonight that we should use the Navy to defend the border. That's the kind of radical old thinking I can get behind.

A lot of the border's along the Rio Grande. Let's do this thing.

On a related note to the guy above me, Ananth Prasad, friend of Team Me, is going to resign as Florida Secretary of Transportation.

:argh: AFTER EVERYTHING WE DID FOR VOLDEMORT :argh:

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 3, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Rygar201 posted:

Said referring to David Duke

Ahahahaha OK that owns and now I'm finding it hard to not like the guy.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Amergin posted:

USPol January: gently caress Obama Right In The Pelosi

Quoting this because it'll be forgotten faster than the GOP's shutdown last year.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Luigi Thirty posted:

Good news! The Florida Public Service Commission voted to drop energy efficiency goals by 90% and axe funding for solar credits because the power companies asked nicely and natural gas is totally more efficient than solar power in Florida. They also voted to let FPL charge us $750 million a year forever to invest in fracking in Oklahoma, even if they decide not to pursue it.

Oh don't you worry if there's anything we Okies can do to further gently caress up the planet for short term monetary gain you better believe we'll give it our best shot.

Edit: Woah I think I just felt the 1,327th earthquake this year, in a state with no major fault lines. I'm sure it's totally unrelated. I'll just leave this here..

http://newsok.com/a-timelapse-of-oklahoma-earthquakes/article/3934892

Edwin Edwards posted:

"The only thing my opponent and I have in common is that we're both wizards beneath the sheets."

:golfclap:

sit on my Facebook fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 3, 2014

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Phone posted:

Postin' because Fried Chicken finally chose a pro as gently caress thread title.

Can you maybe... explain it to me? Like, okay, I get that Ferguson is sorta representative for the politics around race in the US (and racial relationships for certain parts of the US). But is there any sort of double meaning there, or actual joke, that I missed?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dancer posted:

Can you maybe... explain it to me? Like, okay, I get that Ferguson is sorta representative for the politics around race in the US (and racial relationships for certain parts of the US). But is there any sort of double meaning there, or actual joke, that I missed?

There was a kids show in the 90's called Clarissa Explains It All. She had a little brother named Ferguson.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dancer posted:

Clarissa's brother was named Fergwad Ferguson

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

Oh, its Florida, nothing to see here. They'll be just one of the biggest victims of climate change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Joementum posted:

Race war? So has he taken the plunge into literal white nationalism now?

I mean I know there's a good chance he did years ago but I don't pay attention to him, so.

• Locked thread