Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I don't think so.

also pho ga sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012
hits the fuckin spot man

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

phock u op

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Cocaine.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

its p good op

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
looks good

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

*slurp*

open container
Sep 16, 2008
some other food on a day where teh weather is nicwe

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

nice op

gettin pho'd up

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
something with less rat meat probably

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Central heating.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

sexy young infidel posted:

something with less rat meat probably

its authentic

i'd rather stand outside in the snow to eat a bowl of pho instead of sit indoors with central heating

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

a hefty lady's vagina

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Xaris posted:

I don't think so.

also pho ga sucks

why is that meat raw

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

There are lots of better things op but i agree that pho is a very good thing to mention to strangers on the internet, it makes you seem cultured and interesting

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

all vietnamese food is good

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

a starwar betamax posted:

why is that meat raw

the soup is almost boiling hot and cooks the meat idk why they took the picture while its raw tho

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
needs more tripe

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
looks delicious, imo :)

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Bonzo posted:

needs more tripe

kind of a bitch move not to get tripe

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Skeleton Ape posted:

There are lots of better things op but i agree that pho is a very good thing to mention to strangers on the internet, it makes you seem cultured and interesting

as far as big bowls of soup go its up there with pozole and mom's chicken and dumplings

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Skeleton Ape posted:

lol that you think this. there's 100 pho places in every city.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

What the hell is pho and why does it suspiciously look like poo

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I had pho recently but one of my sister's bitch friends ate my spicy order so I was left with what she'd ordered, extra mild with a bunch of plum sauce mixed in. It was literally* worse than being raped and subsequently reliving the trauma when testifying against the rapist at trial.

*LITERALLY

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Haam posted:

the soup is almost boiling hot and cooks the meat idk why they took the picture while its raw tho

hmm that is kinda cool

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I had pho recently but one of my sister's bitch friends ate my spicy order so I was left with what she'd ordered, extra mild with a bunch of plum sauce mixed in. It was literally* worse than being raped and subsequently reliving the trauma when testifying against the rapist at trial.

*LITERALLY

outrageous

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

i fuckin hate plum sauce

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

I know this vietnamese guy who brings his own fish sauce to put in his pho in case the restaurant doesn't have any and I can't help but think "wow, that is a very vietnamese thing to do"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

I know this vietnamese guy who brings his own fish sauce to put in his pho in case the restaurant doesn't have any and I can't help but think "wow, that is a very vietnamese thing to do"

what kind of vietnamese place wouldnt have fish sauce

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

no its not its the equivalent of bringing your favorite brand of ketchup to a restaurant

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

the black husserl posted:

lol that you think this. there's 100 pho places in every city.
Not many good ones though. I used to live by a whole in the wall that was always full of Vietnamese people and that place had bombastic pho. I've been to a lot of places with mediocre pho though too. It's easy to tell the difference though: "Is the average customer communicating with the owner in a language I don't understand?" If yes then you probably found a good place, if not then it probably sucks.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

the black husserl posted:

no its not its the equivalent of bringing your favorite brand of ketchup to a restaurant

that's not very vietnamese

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

what kind of vietnamese place wouldnt have fish sauce

this one in chinatown, I think it's called tau bai or something. the pho was pretty good and like $7 so just deal with the lack of fish sauce imo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ArbitraryC posted:

Not many good ones though. I used to live by a whole in the wall that was always full of Vietnamese people and that place had bombastic pho. I've been to a lot of places with mediocre pho though too.

its kinda hard to mess it up. i mean there's definitely mediocre and then there's good. never had bad

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

Not many good ones though. I used to live by a whole in the wall that was always full of Vietnamese people and that place had bombastic pho. I've been to a lot of places with mediocre pho though too.

it trended really hard in 2012. the same thing is going to happen to halo halo in 2015, so invest in jellied beans.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Xaris posted:

its kinda hard to mess it up. i mean there's definitely mediocre and then there's good. never had bad
For the most part yeah but I have been to a place or two that really seasoned their broth weirdly.

It's easy to tell the difference though: "Is the average customer communicating with the owner in a language I don't understand?" If yes then you probably found a good place, if not then it's probably a westernized chain.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

im more of a vermicelli kinda guy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

my hometown has the highest vietnamese population in the us and the only thing i was excited for going home this thanksgiving was eating their poo poo. which i did, a lot of it, it was good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

my hometown has the highest vietnamese population in the us and the only thing i was excited for going home this thanksgiving was eating their poo poo. which i did, a lot of it, it was good

i actually don't like vietnamese food that much outside of pho tho i haven't tried too much but the stuff i did try wasn't that good. what else is good besides pho?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
i like pho but i always make a mess eating it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
maybe it's just an SF thing, but it's also weird that there's a giant rear end ramen craze lately. yet i've ate it a bunch of times and each time i'm just thinking "id rather be eating pho right now". i don't get it what's so good about it.

• Locked thread