Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Vorik posted:

likely hood of all that being made up: 100%

this is wrong bc the masturbation story is obviously real, it can't be more clear that diogenes was a homeless public masturbator, ie the kind of dude you can see nine of in one nyc perambulation

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Kilmers Elbow posted:

He had dodgy knees.

cuz he down on them all the time sin that d!

nah im just kiddin man i get ya

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Cnut the Great posted:

"a fake thing that everyone thinks happened is exactly the same as a real thing that nobody knows about"

--diogenes the dawg

no actually theyre a lot different

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

The Dennis System posted:

The master allows all things to come and go, effortlessly, without desire. Things arise and he lets them come. Things disappear and he lets them go.

shut up you hater

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Applewhite posted:

lol where do you even get a ceramic jar that big? Dude was hilarious.

from a winery, cuz you wnadered in there a nd took a dump in it and they said "gently caress, gently caress just have it"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i always try to use that "meaner receptable" thing to say why we should do buttsex but it only sometimes works

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ur brother is a loser who lives at home and smokes too much weed

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

is this like those poker playin dogs?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

huskarl_marx posted:

he came from a rich family, if any other person just showed up to athens and was like "im gonna live in this pot k" someone would probably grab them and put them on the slavers' block

according to the trustworthy accounts of his life, he was sold as a slave at some point

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Uglycat posted:

What's kinda cool is the etymology; Diogenes the Cynic. The word for Cynic was also the root word for Canine. So dogs are /named after diogenes. So are the Canary Islands, named after the dogs that live there. So are Canary birds, named for the island they're from. And, of course, your canine teeth are also named after Diogenes the Cynic.

i think it goes the other way. diogenes was called "the cynic" because he was doglike.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i have the oddest feeling i've been had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

after thinking on it further, i feel certain: gentlemen, i've been had.

• Locked thread