Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

You should watch it, as it's the best anime.

Feel free to use this thread to discuss Eureka Seven, and how it's very good.

As far as I can tell, it's on both US and Canadian Netflix, not sure about other regions. Both dub and sub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah this show was good in the surf boarding mecha category but I really prefer the roller skating robots and dramatic poses the other show had.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Which episode is it where Eureka Seven gets good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

the first one, please don't troll

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

The Devil Tesla posted:

Yeah, Eureka Seven is great, please don't troll.

Also, everyone should check out Eureka Seven AO. It's even better then the original, and quite honestly one of the best anime series I've ever seen.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

What do I do with these Supercar albums now?

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

CubeTheory posted:

Yeah, Eureka Seven is great, please don't troll.

Also, everyone should check out Eureka Seven AO. It's even better then the original, and quite honestly one of the best anime series I've ever seen.

please don't troll me

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

CubeTheory posted:

I suspect that this is not the truth.

I think that was someone else.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Eureka Seven has the worst and most annoying kids in animation history. I didn't watch past episode 20 but I hope the show ends with them getting thrown in a river.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

anyone found trolling the eureka seven thread will be dealt with....brutally...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CubeTheory posted:

gently caress you fucker

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

who else got a major case of the feels taht whole episode when Renton was on Ray and Charles skyship and they were treating him like he was their son?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

K. Flaps posted:

Eureka Seven has the worst and most annoying kids in animation history. I didn't watch past episode 20 but I hope the show ends with them getting thrown in a river.
They become less annoying although one of them is still kind of insufferable during one of the last few arcs.

The show is still pretty good despite them though.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
I don't know why this show is so charming but it's great and has maybe my favourite anime soundtrack. The kids are horrendous though.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress you fucker

Look, if you want to argue that the E7 movie was better, I'd understand. It's really good too, and a great companion piece to the series.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

who else got a major case of the feels taht whole episode when Renton was on Ray and Charles skyship and they were treating him like he was their son?

"This is how your papa smells*"

*like undercooked lasagna, sweat, and shame

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Eureka Seven is good thanks for giving me a reason to watch it again Netflix

malleusmalefic
Jan 1, 2014
Eureka Seven is my favourite anime, despite all the haters and flamers trying to get me to change my opinion. I will never change it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so wait is this show good or not

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

it's zorak's favorite show

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's amazing show with two really crappy sequels.

malleusmalefic
Jan 1, 2014
I mean, it has its flaws. I will not say it's a perfect show. I think the story is fun and interesting and all the main characters are likable and have some meaningful development throughout the course of the show.

Eureka Seven AO could've been good but it's incredibly messy and just not good. Not to mention it completely shits all over the ending of E7. I loved seeing grown up Eureka though, and when Renton returned it was pretty bad rear end despite being such a bad show.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Eureka 7 would have been a good show if it was half as long and also didn't have the kids.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like the song they used in the ending credits for the E7 movie but that's about it. Everything else about it is pretty tragic.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Eureka Seven is a very good show even at 50 episodes and with the kids.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrC8z8MK7HI

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Yes

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

it's zorak's favorite show

please don't hold this against Eureka Seven

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It's a good show from the start, it gets mega weak in the middle when they started adding poo poo about some stupid monk. Also the ending was totally changed from being a super sad tale to a happy one.

malleusmalefic
Jan 1, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

It's a good show from the start, it gets mega weak in the middle when they started adding poo poo about some stupid monk. Also the ending was totally changed from being a super sad tale to a happy one.

Don't worry, you get your canon sad as gently caress ending anyway because of the sequel.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What kind of rebel group publishes and distributes a magazine! Your welcome ISIS!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i remember thinking at the time of it airing that anemone and dominic being kind of superfluous characters and wouldnt affect the plot much if they were removed

i think the most annoying thing in astral ocean was when they showed theend mech with no explanation for why it was there

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I watched it when it was on Toonami 2 years ago and it is probably one of favorite shows. Probably one of the best coming of age stories I've seen/heard/read too

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I find Eureka Seven to be an alright show. It starts out fine with Renton getting accustomed with his new life, becomes very engaging when the plot actually progresses, and then gets a bit unnerving with the introduction of Norb because it seems like everything dipped in quality after that. There are exceptions such as Ballet Mechanique but not much other than that.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sequel series announced in SHIROBAKO: Roboharu: The Robot I Made is Going Through Puberty, and It's Rough

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Sometimes Get It By Your Hands pops up in my playlist and I smile.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Eureka Seven is the best Soccer anime.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I watched it when it was on Toonami 2 years ago and it is probably one of favorite shows. Probably one of the best coming of age stories I've seen/heard/read too

FLCL's still better

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Relin posted:

i remember thinking at the time of it airing that anemone and dominic being kind of superfluous characters and wouldnt affect the plot much if they were removed

i think the most annoying thing in astral ocean was when they showed theend mech with no explanation for why it was there
They did lead to episode 48, which I remember being one of the most memorable in the show.

On that note, episode 26 is the best one of all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

same except i also hate holland and hope the show ended with him dead

• Locked thread