Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Enforka posted:

I'm awash in decent options and it's making picking my flex tough, but if I win I'm in.

Standard Flex:

Kelvin Benjamin @ NO
Isaiah Crowell v Ind
Kenny Stills v Car (I'm already starting Brees, Ingram, and Graham. Too many Saints?)
Andre Ellington (if healthy) v KC

Leaning toward Benjamin but Crowell seems to be ranked higher by pretty much everyone. I do worry that Indy will run up the score and Crowell won't get a ton of touches. Thoughts?

Definitely Benji. Especially if it's PPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!
I'm in the second week of a 2-week playoff and up ~40 points. Looking for the highest floor. Pick 3 RB's, Standard scoring:

Lacy vs Atl
J Bell vs TB
Mason @ Wsh

Crowell vs ind
Ellington vs KC
Murray vs SF

Given injuries and my decent point lead I think the selected are the safest, but Crowell's matchup with Indy is tempting.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Evi|Sycho posted:

I'm in the second week of a 2-week playoff and up ~40 points. Looking for the highest floor. Pick 3 RB's, Standard scoring:

Lacy vs Atl
J Bell vs TB
Mason @ Wsh

Crowell vs ind
Ellington vs KC
Murray vs SF

Given injuries and my decent point lead I think the selected are the safest, but Crowell's matchup with Indy is tempting.

Lacy and Bell for sure. Mason/Crowell could go either way, but I'd lean towards Mason based purely on volume.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Standard Yahoo league

Romo @ Chicago
Rivers vs. New England

Leaning towards Romo just because it's Chicago, but I said the same thing about Philly last week.

Also the available defenses for streaming are a dumpster fire:

Tampa Bay, Dallas, Tennessee, Washington, Chicago, and New Orleans are the top 6 available based on projections. Anyone care to pick the least bad?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Aite boyos, week 14 is our playoff first week so I think I may be poo poo out of luck here.

The only thing I can think of is probably Decker in for Maclin. Anyone have bright ideas?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Razzled posted:

Aite boyos, week 14 is our playoff first week so I think I may be poo poo out of luck here.

The only thing I can think of is probably Decker in for Maclin. Anyone have bright ideas?

Is this a keeper league? Who is available? No reason to have Cooks unless he's being kept.

And don't start Decker over Maclin.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Yeah I was kind of being lazy, there's not really much on the wire. Bobby Rainey and Kendall Wright are the only notables I can think of that are available

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Gobias Ind. posted:

Who is Arrington?

Golden Tate is a very good flex option.

Sorry Ellington. I keep thinking JJ Arrington

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

^^ He's probably not going to play, but even if he does, go with Tate

Razzled posted:

Yeah I was kind of being lazy, there's not really much on the wire. Bobby Rainey and Kendall Wright are the only notables I can think of that are available

I'd rather have Wright than Decker, personally. Wouldn't start either of them though.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I need to win to be in :ohdear: 0.5 PPR

QB: Romo @CHI
WR: Dez @CHI / Demaryius Thomas vBUF
RB: Lacy vATL / Crowell vIND
TE: Uhhh Dwayne Allen @CLE I hope
Flex: "Boom" Herron @CLE

Others: Joique Bell vTB, Jordan Matthews vSEA, Ellington vKC :rip:

This look salvageable?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Bellmaker posted:

This look salvageable?

I think you have the right lineup given what you have. I don't trust Matthews against Seattle, even at home.

Can't believe I'm about to ask this, but in standard, would you go with Marshall or Bennett vs Dallas on Thursday night? Gotta pick one of them :(

Also if I'm hoarding QBs to keep them away from the #1 seed, would it be worthwhile to drop Eli for JStew?

Edit: he's currently starting the Tannethrill

Santheb fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 4, 2014

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Eli is going against a Tennessee defense that allowed Ryan Fitzpatrick and Deandre Hopkins to become HOFers.

I dunno.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Miko posted:

Eli is going against a Tennessee defense that allowed Ryan Fitzpatrick and Deandre Hopkins to become HOFers.

I dunno.

That's what I'm thinking too. Plus he gets Washington again who he went ape poo poo on last time if I recall correctly. I'm a Redskins fan so I can't remember if it was him or the running game, but I think that was Larry Donnell night if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: I think it was both :(

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

This look salvageable?

I would start Joique over Crowell.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

0.5 PPR, small bonuses for big games (e.g., +1 point for 100+ yards receiving), this is week two of a two-week playoff match and I'm behind by 2.5 points.

Pick a tight end:
Jordan Reed vs. St. Louis
Dwayne Allen @ Cleveland
Heath Miller @ Cincinnati

Allen and Miller are both listed as "probable." Yahoo is giving a huge edge to Jordan Reed, who I just waivered so I haven't been watching him play, but can you really trust Washington players to produce? And isn't St. Louis' defense doing pretty well right now?

I see Miller as a safe floor of maybe 5 points, but if I'm going to come from behind to win this playoff match I've got to go for whoever has the higher ceiling.

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.

Leperflesh posted:

0.5 PPR, small bonuses for big games (e.g., +1 point for 100+ yards receiving), this is week two of a two-week playoff match and I'm behind by 2.5 points.

Pick a tight end:
Jordan Reed vs. St. Louis
Dwayne Allen @ Cleveland
Heath Miller @ Cincinnati

Allen and Miller are both listed as "probable." Yahoo is giving a huge edge to Jordan Reed, who I just waivered so I haven't been watching him play, but can you really trust Washington players to produce? And isn't St. Louis' defense doing pretty well right now?

I see Miller as a safe floor of maybe 5 points, but if I'm going to come from behind to win this playoff match I've got to go for whoever has the higher ceiling.

Allen

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have WR quandaries again! Bold are the guys I'm starting, as you can tell, I'm a little low on Matthews against the Seattle D this week, and high on Wallace against Baltimore. Am I right to be?

Sit 2 of: (1PPR)
Brandon Marshall vs. Dal
Mike Wallace vs. Bal
Anquan Boldin @Oak

Jordan Matthews vs. Sea
Kenny Britt @Wsh

Sit 2 of: (.5PPR)
Mike Wallace vs. Bal
Jordan Matthews vs. Sea

Mohamed Sanu vs. Pitt
Allen Hurns vs. Hou

Start 2 of: (0PPR)
Golden Tate vs. TB
DeSean Jackson vs. StL

Andre Johnson @Jax
Michael Crabtree @Oak
Kenny Britt @Wash

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Which DF/ST (I get PR yards in this league) do you like best?

NYG (@ TEN)
DAL (@ CHI)
DET (v TB)

I'm looking for turnovers, sacks and DEF TD potential, so I'm leaning DET.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

skaboomizzy posted:

Which DF/ST (I get PR yards in this league) do you like best?

NYG (@ TEN)
DAL (@ CHI)
DET (v TB)

I'm looking for turnovers, sacks and DEF TD potential, so I'm leaning DET.

If you're looking for turnovers and sacks more than points and yards allowed, I'd consider Dallas. Chicago has been dogshit at home all year, and Jay Cutler is good for a couple interceptions and a bunch of forced Cutler throws in the second half.

Are you looking to just win, or do you need a big win? I'd say Dallas has the higher ceiling, but Detroit has the higher floor.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
It's playoff QFs, so I need to just win, baby.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Flex one:

LeGarrette Blount @ SD
Mohammad Sanu v. PIT

non-PPR

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
I'm stuck on tight end and I need help. My gut is telling me.

Kyle Rudolph Vs Jets

Because the jets are bad and have given up the most TE touchdowns. However is also have,

Jason Witten @ Chicago

Chicago is also bad and have given up the most points to tight ends in fantasy. Who should I start?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

It's playoff QFs, so I need to just win, baby.

Don't overthink it. Start Detroit.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

D/ST decision time. Some teams went crazy on D/ST pickups a couple of weeks ago, so it's my weakest spot. Yahoo, return yards, bonuses for 3 and outs forced and 4th down stops.

Giants @Ten
StL @Was

Next best available on the waiver wire are Den vs. Buf, Washington vs StL, and...um...New Orleans vs Car?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Joique Bell or Giovanni Bernard?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Ouhei posted:

Joique Bell or Giovanni Bernard?

I'd go Joique.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
WR (pick 3 since I'll probably flex one, 1PPR league, star are my current picks):

M Sanu @ Pit*
B Marshall @ Dal*
J Matthews @ Sea
J Maclin @ Sea
K Stills @ Car*

This is the first week having a ton of Eagles players is working against me; even worse than their bye since this is the playoffs. Right now I'm leaning towards sitting both Matthews and Maclin, but I could see switching Maclin in for Sanu. Thoughts?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

So with Ngata out for Baltimore, which makes more sense?

Herron @ CLE
Miller vs BAL

I had Herron, but now I'm second guessing.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Well I stumbled my way into the playoffs and now i'm having a lot of trouble with my lineup. This is 1.5 PPR for TE's and 1.0 PPR for WR, RB.

Anyone have any changes they would make? I'm hosed no matter what I imagine. Reggie Wayne, Andre Ellington, and Vernon Davis are all bench options, but i'm not sure anyone else is really playable other than maybe Cam Newton.

thompson fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 4, 2014

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'd play Cam over Kaepernick.

cmp343
Sep 9, 2011
Need to make decisions on these three.

6pt Passing TD's, non-PPR

Romo @ Chicago
Wilson @ Philly

Evans @ Detroit
Maclin vs. Seattle

Reed vs. St. Louis
Walker vs. NYG

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

cmp343 posted:

Need to make decisions on these three.

6pt Passing TD's, non-PPR

Romo @ Chicago
Wilson @ Philly

Evans @ Detroit
Maclin vs. Seattle

Reed vs. St. Louis
Walker vs. NYG

Romo
Evans
Reed

Pick 3 WRs, 1ppr:

Keenan vs NE
Gordon vs IND
Stedman Bailey @ WSH
B.Marshall vs DAL

Superbowl implications.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Suave Fedora posted:

Romo
Evans
Reed

Pick 3 WRs, 1ppr:

Keenan vs NE
Gordon vs IND
Stedman Bailey @ WSH
B.Marshall vs DAL

Superbowl implications.

Marshall, Keenan, Gordon

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Yahoo standard flex
Crowell vs Ind
Gordon vs Ind

I'm leaning Crowell, but could pretty easily be talked out of it.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Yahoo standard flex
Crowell vs Ind
Gordon vs Ind

I'm leaning Crowell, but could pretty easily be talked out of it.

I think Gordon has a vendetta so I wouldn't sit him, but that's just me. There's something to be said about a man who has something to prove.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

thompson posted:

Marshall, Keenan, Gordon

Interesting. Starting Marshall fulfills DSYS but I am admittedly waffling between Marshall and Bailey. Bailey is a reception soak, so I think his floor in this 1ppr league is going to be higher than Marshall's floor.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Suave Fedora posted:

Interesting. Starting Marshall fulfills DSYS but I am admittedly waffling between Marshall and Bailey. Bailey is a reception soak, so I think his floor in this 1ppr league is going to be higher than Marshall's floor.

Yeah but I think this will be a high scoring game as bad as the Bears are. As for the rational on Keenan, Rivers kills it in December and I think he'll be a big part of that.

Disturbance
Sep 25, 2000

Tre Mason over Ingram this week?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Disturbance posted:

Tre Mason over Ingram this week?

100% no on that. He ran really well against them last time and it's a big game for the saints. I think he gets 100 and a TD but I could be incorrect. \

Double Edit: FWIW Cbs has Ingram as their start of the week. Not worth much to me, but I still stand behind the fact that I think he'll get a lot of carries and have a big game.

thompson fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I have two quandaries. My initial choices in bold.

QB (6ppt, -2 per INT):
Sanchez vs. SEA
Dalton vs. PIT

FLEX (.5PPR):
A. Morris vs STL
A. Johnson @ JAX

My remaining lineup
RB: Ingram
WR: J. Jones, J. Nelson
TE: L. Donnell
2nd Flex: K. Stills
DEF: Lions
K: whatev

Remaining Bench: K. Rudolph, B. Sankey, J. Brown, C. Sims, B. Brown, TEN D (for next week)

So yeah, it's hard to pass up any WR playing Jacksonville but I'd be playing 4 WR in a must win game. And PIT is a okay matchup but then I'd be trusting Dalton. Is this all just a coin flip?

Edit: Not that it hurts, my opponent's lineup:

QB: Stafford
RB: L. Bell
WR: TY Hilton, B. Marshall
Flex: J. Hill, F. Jackson
TE: C. Fleener
Def: Miami
K: ok

Bench: P. Rivers, T. Rich, A. Boldin, James Jones, G. Olsen, A. Gates, GB Def

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 4, 2014

• Locked thread