Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frank Jameso
Nov 24, 2014
my life is ready and waiting to be given up for it. we could be battling our ratattas and weedles with crazy goon humor names and praying for the day we come across a cooler pokemon to capture. for those who don't want to be on a computer all the time they can cross platform it into a mobile version so you can play on the go too and you know girls will play and then bars will be packed full of people showing off their pokemon and then you could ask a bitch if she wants to go back to your place to check out your onyx! lol...get it? cuz onyx looks like a d*ck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

They never made one because they dont want kids interacting with Pokemons creepy manchild fanbase. Not even kidding.

Frank Jameso
Nov 24, 2014
goddammit pedophiles ruin everything

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i want a mushroom kingdom rts.

also,

COBRARocky posted:

They never made one because they dont want kids interacting with Pokemons creepy manchild fanbase. Not even kidding.

is probably true

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wanted a Pokemon/Call of Duty crossover. Gritty pokemon shooter action where they grunt "gently caress" every other word.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
I think Nintendo knows this is something everyone wants and they're just going to wait for the right moment. All things considered, Nintendo is still doing alright financially. When they really need the money, they'll blow that particular load and the world will lap it up with their dollars.

Frank Jameso
Nov 24, 2014
for the amount of money this game would make, i'm sure they could think of something to get around all this

Frank Jameso
Nov 24, 2014

Treebeh posted:

I think Nintendo knows this is something everyone wants and they're just going to wait for the right moment. All things considered, Nintendo is still doing alright financially. When they really need the money, they'll blow that particular load and the world will lap it up with their dollars.

i don't think it would even be about making money...it'd be like inventing the next facebook.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Imagine if they made something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_3K-El0nTA

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
imagine having to set up a multi lingual raid so one person can get a shiny pikachu

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
god i'd loving love to play rock paper scissors with shiny anime graphics

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

They probably haven't made it because pokemon games are supposed to be fun and good times, and MMORPGs are fundamentally incompatible with that concept.

Frank Jameso
Nov 24, 2014

TOILETLORD posted:

imagine having to set up a multi lingual raid so one person can get a shiny pikachu

cuz i'm sure it'd be just like WoW...

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Frank Jameso posted:

cuz i'm sure it'd be just like WoW...

your right it'd be for a combination of rare drops that requires a crafter to combine said pieces to create a randomized shiny 99% of which have min stats.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
yeah why not just play wow it has pet battles

Frank Jameso
Nov 24, 2014

Trick Question posted:

They probably haven't made it because pokemon games are supposed to be fun and good times, and MMORPGs are fundamentally incompatible with that concept.

more ex-WoW players complaining...

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
The smarter move now would be to cash out on a Pokemon smart phone game.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

burritolingus posted:

The smarter move now would be to cash out on a Pokemon smart phone game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.com2us.smon.normal.freefull.google.kr.android.common&hl=en

someone beat them to it lol

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Played it for a hour or so. Boring.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
well pokemon is boring so

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
remake pokemon. It's the future after the zombies rose from the dead, and the few survivors alive have had to use cybernetics to modify the remaining living animals they can find into killing machines for a chance to survive another night.

Frank Jameso
Nov 24, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

it's the social aspect of it that would make it fun.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe try yahoo messenger ?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

TOILETLORD posted:

remake pokemon. It's the future after the zombies rose from the dead, and the few survivors alive have had to use cybernetics to modify the remaining living animals they can find into killing machines for a chance to survive another night.

Do a prequel to the first one where it's trainers and their pokemon fighting WWII.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

burritolingus posted:

Do a prequel to the first one where it's trainers and their pokemon fighting WWII.

it'd be sad when my grandpa showed up and killed everyone then.

Frank Jameso
Nov 24, 2014

Robo Reagan posted:

Maybe try yahoo messenger ?

yeah, it could incorporate yahoo messenger, or facebook chat.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Please name a successful MMO based off an already existing IP since World of Warcraft.

The fact is a Pokemon MMO sounds like something you'd love until you took a minute to think about it. Everyone thought an MMO based on the Elder Scrolls universe was a no-brainer. We all know how that turned out.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SirPhoebos posted:

Please name a successful MMO based off an already existing IP since World of Warcraft.

The fact is a Pokemon MMO sounds like something you'd love until you took a minute to think about it. Everyone thought an MMO based on the Elder Scrolls universe was a no-brainer. We all know how that turned out.

final fantasy xiv, star trek online, guild wars 2, neverwinter, dc universe online, to name a few

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
its understandable that you dont have current enough mmo knowledge to know this, but WoW has had pokemon training in it for quite a while now. there are even gym medals. hth.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Robo Reagan posted:

spoken like someone who sat alone every day during lunch in middle school

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i'll have you know that i was friends with the stoners in middle school and they've since graduated to full blown drug addicts tyvm

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
it was in you the whole time, OP

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Robo Reagan posted:

i'll have you know that i was friends with the stoners in middle school and they've since graduated to full blown drug addicts tyvm

what kind of middle school did you go to where tweens were stoners wtf

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
its probably going to have all the new ones and thats against my ethics

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cubey posted:

what kind of middle school did you go to where tweens were stoners wtf

a regular one? what kind of boring rear end white bread middle school did you go to

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

XMNN posted:

excuse me but

is objectively the best pokemon

Frank Jameso
Nov 24, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

i think they'd have to cater to women especially, who still in the year of our lord 2014 continue to play Farmville. i don't think women got excited about a warcraft game coming out, but c'mon, everyone loves Pokemon.

you win over the women, then you also win over the men. great way to socialize.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cubey posted:

excuse me but

is objectively the best pokemon

what is this poo poo that's a candle

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Trees and Squids posted:

what is this poo poo that's a candle

Actually, it's first form is a candle, then it turns into a lamp and then a chandelier. It is a ghost Pokemon that is often found around hospitals to feed on the life force of those within.

It's a good ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Jameso
Nov 24, 2014

XMNN posted:

they could release like 20 of the gay new ones per patch after a few years or something

• Locked thread