Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i'm sick and tired of all these jony-come-latelys who started using a mac in 2010 and think its the best, as if it hasn't always been the best

this is a safe space to talk about the old days of mac os when it was still good and had file type/creator codes, a lack of filename extensions because they're stupid when you have type/creator codes, resedit, and the spatial finder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
I've used a Apple Mac my whole life op

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

pram posted:

I've used a Apple Mac my whole life op

i am glad, welcome to my thread

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

we can also talk about the not so good parts of macs like debugging extension conflicts and the performa numbering system

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
i have never used a mac op

pram
Jun 10, 2001
I remember I had a HyperCard train set and it owned. Never been able to find Any reference to it tho

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
pre intel macs were loving useless garbage, and if you willingly purchased one it's indicative of extreme fail disease and broken brain syndrome. looking forward to this honeypot thread to identify all the extremely stupid people ITF (in this forum)

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

do you mean "used" as in used it at school to play math munchers and Cross Country USA

or like used one at home all day every day

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i got a b&w g3 with os 9 and the first thing i did with it was install panther, because apple dot com said that os x was unix, and that unix was good

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the brushed metal gui

timeless

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

schools had lc iiis with at ease, that's my earliest mac use

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Smythe posted:

pre intel macs were loving useless garbage, and if you willingly purchased one it's indicative of extreme fail disease and broken brain syndrome. looking forward to this honeypot thread to identify all the extremely stupid people ITF (in this forum)

lol if you think processor architecture matters to computing at all

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Werthog 95 posted:

do you mean "used" as in used it at school to play math munchers and Cross Country USA

or like used one at home all day every day

the former is okay but the latter is preferred

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

op has it backwards, if you used macs before the return of steve (pbuh) you were the idiot. if you used them anytime after, you had seen the light and are now part of the future that apple has created and that everyone else rips off.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

post the macs you had at home

i had an LCII, a Quadra 630, a powermac 6500/250, a G4 450, a G5, then a powerbook which i still have to this day

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i'm sick and tired of all these jony-come-latelys who started using a mac in 2010 and think its the best, as if it hasn't always been the best

this is a safe space to talk about the old days of mac os when it was still good and had file type/creator codes, a lack of filename extensions because they're stupid when you have type/creator codes, resedit, and the spatial finder

they weren't always the best. they had some rough times in the 90's and early 2000's

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Last Chance posted:

op has it backwards, if you used macs before the return of steve (pbuh) you were the idiot. if you used them anytime after, you had seen the light and are now part of the future that apple has created and that everyone else rips off.

what if you used them before he left, though.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
I've had umm 5 iMacs , 1 g4 PowerBook, 1 MacBook. 1 MacBook Pro retina, an apple 2 and a performa

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lmfao @ all the idiots ITT

pram
Jun 10, 2001
My current iMac is a late 2013 and my next one will be teh retin a iMac

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

pram posted:

I've had umm 5 iMacs , 1 g4 PowerBook, 1 MacBook. 1 MacBook Pro retina, an apple 2 and a performa

excuse me, but.......your os is a POS :xd:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i had an LCII, a Quadra 630, a powermac 6500/250, a G4 450, a G5, then a powerbook which i still have to this day

Sucks. Bad. Terrible. Fail. Trash. Worthless. IN that order, OP.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Actually it is the worlds most advanced operating system running on premium hardware

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Werthog 95 posted:

what if you used them before he left, though.

ancient history, not relevant to the conversation at hand

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
we had some variation of a quadra 605 at home i think, based on the pics and general time frame on wikipedia. sim city 2000 and sim tower supremacy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

Actually it is the worlds most advanced

advanced. l;ike advanced stage of fail cancer. rofl

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

BANME.sh posted:

we had some variation of a quadra 605 at home i think, based on the pics and general time frame on wikipedia. sim city 2000 and sim tower supremacy

yessss

remember when pcs didn't have good sound so all the mac versions of games were much better

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Smythe posted:

advanced. l;ike advanced stage of fail cancer. rofl

:pram:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
fat ugly wife, talking about husband (a mac computer): doctor.. how bad is it"
doctoir: it appears he has virtually no go0od software. no games, and incredible lvls of fail.. its terminal
fat ugly wife: *bursts into tears*

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
face it rejects: PC Supremacy.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Smythe posted:

face it rejects: PC Supremacy.

go back to your wintel m$ world, troll!!!!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Funny smuthe but no PC users are actually rly dumb and windows is bad

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

pram posted:

Funny smuthe but no PC users are actually rly dumb and windows is bad

this but the exact opposite

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A Mac IIvi, PowerBook 100, two PowerBook 1400s, iMac DV SE 500, G5 2x2ghz

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

go back to your wintel m$ world, troll!!!!

Macs suck and Old macs are even worse.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

nice!

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Can we get a mod in here to clean up these trolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006