Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
old macs were the bomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Bananalogue posted:

i riced the gently caress out of my og imac

upgraded the vram on the lovely rear end rage iic to 6mb

then i maxxed the memory to what was it 128 or 256mb i dont remember

then i got a bigger hard drive

then i got a 4x usb cd burner for it that made one good cd every third try

then i got the voodoo 2 card for the mezzanine slot that was ONLY on the rev a and maybe b macs (8 meg v2, they didnt offer 16)

i think i got an even bigger hard drive around this time but i dont remember too good

then i swapped out the daughtercard with a 400mhz upgrade that may even have been a g4 i dont remember

but that made the fucker overheat so i duct taped a fan to the top of it like a goodamn idiot but amazingly it worked that that fucker was boss for q3 and unreal tourney i tell you what

then i put suse linux on it

then i put yellow dog linux on it

then i put osx on it

then i bought a g4 emac and pieced together a pc and the imac went into a spare bedroom for seven years until i threw it away

i probably spent like 1500 bucks upgrading a $1300 computer

yospos bitch

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
nettrek was a cool lan game for old rear end macs

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Doc Block posted:

holy gently caress, this

also, i had a 1GB SparQ drive and that thing was the loving poo poo. had its own click of death like zip disks did, tho :(

had a SyJet, was pretty cool except for the disk failures that would inevitably pop up :(

• Locked thread