Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tada.wav
Dec 24, 2013

gary oldmans diary posted:

we domesticated foxes from their ferocious natural state to affectionate toward humans in only 8 generations (8 years) solely through selective breeding
if you think breeding for behavior is dismissible as science fiction youre either a complete nut or applying principles of human psychology ill fittingly to dogs

At least one person who bought one of those russian foxes now has an apeshit feral animal living with them. Turns out there's a little bit more to this domestication business, like thousands of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

tada.wav posted:

At least one person who bought one of those russian foxes now has an apeshit feral animal living with them. Turns out there's a little bit more to this domestication business, like thousands of years.
yeah i mean whatever you say i have no reason to not think you dont know anything about what youre talking about

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
pitbull hate is entirely justified, he's a terrible rapper

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

This blog has one goal: to expose the lies created by pit bull advocates and repeated to such an extent that they become regarded as truth. This propaganda strategy is known as Proof of Assertion and it is a favored tactic employed by the well organized pit bull apologia as it requires no critical thinking skills, only strength in numbers. The pit bull apologia's measure of success is even more simple. The Machiavellian like army of pit nutters need only drown out the opposition, regardless of the fact that their arguments completely lack any substance or merit. The pit bulls' army is made up of a handful of elite pit bull advocates like the sinister Jane Berkey, Ledy Vankavage, Cydney Cross, Karen Delise, Donna Reynolds, Dawn Capp and Diane Jessup who orchestrate the campaign for thousands of dedicated gullible drones that perform the grunt work; infecting the internet with the rote memorization of fabricated talking points. As their insane and baseless rantings begin to leach outside of the cult like bubble they live in and infect normal citizens, humane societies and law makers, it is critical that their lies be exposed.This blog has one goal: to expose the lies created by pit bull advocates and repeated to such an extent that they become regarded as truth. This propaganda strategy is known as Proof of Assertion and it is a favored tactic employed by the well organized pit bull apologia as it requires no critical thinking skills, only strength in numbers. The pit bull apologia's measure of success is even more simple. The Machiavellian like army of pit nutters need only drown out the opposition, regardless of the fact that their arguments completely lack any substance or merit. The pit bulls' army is made up of a handful of elite pit bull advocates like the sinister Jane Berkey, Ledy Vankavage, Cydney Cross, Karen Delise, Donna Reynolds, Dawn Capp and Diane Jessup who orchestrate the campaign for thousands of dedicated gullible drones that perform the grunt work; infecting the internet with the rote memorization of fabricated talking points. As their insane and baseless rantings begin to leach outside of the cult like bubble they live in and infect normal citizens, humane societies and law makers, it is critical that their lies be exposed.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

katlington posted:

This blog has one goal: to expose the lies created by pit bull campaign for thousands of dedicated gullible drones that perform the grunt work; infecting the internet with the rote memorization of fabricated talking points. As their insane and baseless rantings begin to leach outside of the cult like bubble they live in and infect normal citizens, humane societies and law makers, it is critical that their lies be exposed.This blog has one goal: to expose the lies created by pit bull advocates and repeated to such an extent that thstance or merit. The pit bulls' army is made up of a handful of elite pit bull advocates like the sinister Jane Berkey, Ledy Vankavage, Cydney Cross, Karen Delise, Donna Reynolds, Dawn hestrate the campaign for thousands of dedicated gullible drones that perform the grunt work; infecting the internet with the rote memorization of fabricated talking points. As their insane and baseless rantings begin to leach humane societies and law makers, it is critical that their lies be exposed.

?

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
Pit bulls and autism are very good.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

those parents, talk about bad breeding!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo the pro-pitbull people have some stupid arguments itt. What the hell does "different breeds of humans" even mean. Then they dismiss statistics as biased... It's like watching someone argue with Fox News.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

When did it become a thing for really, really dumb and/or poor people to give their bad ideas terrible names? At least hippies named their orgy children after things like flowers...

are their any kids with hashtags in their names yet?

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

all of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again

http://patch.com/california/lakeelsinore-wildomar/toms-farms-accused-of-discrimination-against-pit-bull-service-dog

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

checkmate, dog racists

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Clochette posted:

checkmate, dog racists

before.jpg

tifosibella
Aug 17, 2005

captian r u gay
So going with the lovely owners not lovely breeds argument, this pit bull is in the care of people who named their kid ABCDE.

Santa was right to be afraid imo. Like, even if he had no way of knowing that kid was named after Alpha-Bits. He knew.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Luvcow posted:

Golden Retriever = Lawful Good
Yellow Lab = Chaotic Good
Corgi = Neutral Good
Doberman = Lawful Neutral
Chocolate Lab = Chaotic Neutral
German Shepherd = Neutral Evil
Pitbull = Lawful Evil
Rottweiler = Chaotic Evil

when i was walking to school in fifth grade a golden retriever ran thirty yards out of its way to attack me and bit me repeatedly as i ran away from it. so, you know, gently caress golden retrievers.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Little dogs are way bigger assholes than big dogs but I do like the image of goons cowering in fear if someone walks by with a Pit on a leash

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

funkybottoms posted:

when i was walking to school in fifth grade a golden retriever ran thirty yards out of its way to attack me and bit me repeatedly as i ran away from it. so, you know, gently caress golden retrievers.

Corgis are dicks too, every corgi I've ever met is a fat little rear end in a top hat owned by an old lady who spoils it. Ever since Pookie the corgi growled at my dog Ginger (really quietly though so the old lady couldn't hear) I've had a blood feud against corgis.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

funkybottoms posted:

Sounds like he had some pitbull in him. Probably grew up to be a really nasty temperamental horse.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Clochette posted:

Corgis are dicks too, every corgi I've ever met is a fat little rear end in a top hat owned by an old lady who spoils it. Ever since Pookie the corgi growled at my dog Ginger (really quietly though so the old lady couldn't hear) I've had a blood feud against corgis.

Huh. Might move Corgis to Neutral Evil. Anyone have a dog to put at Neutral Good? Beagles maybe?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Luvcow posted:

Sounds like he had some pitbull in him. Probably grew up to be a really nasty temperamental horse.

he didn't grow up after that unless he became a zombie

Clochette posted:

i'm kind of an rear end in a top hat, but i'm neither fat nor old and my corgi was a sweetheart.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Luvcow posted:

Huh. Might move Corgis to Neutral Evil. Anyone have a dog to put at Neutral Good? Beagles maybe?

Poodles

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Luvcow posted:

beagles are a good fit imo

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the idea that people could call any dog evil when there are cats in the world is laughable

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

Luvcow posted:

Lassie would be a great lawful good, what we need is a dog as good as lassie, but free spirited and "footloose" if you will.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

concerned mom posted:

This story has at least 5 things wrong with America, try to find them to not win a prize because you're all undeserving
Big Pharma

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

chaosbreather posted:

the idea that people could call any dog evil when there are cats in the world is laughable
all those people mauled by cats... when will the carnage end

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

suck on these numbers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_vehicle_deaths_in_U.S._by_year

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

what im saying is its about time for the train and trolley to make a major comeback

edit: sorry i thought this was the locomotive thread, my bad!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

In other words, let more pit bulls drive.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Ab city is probably swole as gently caress

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

what im saying is its about time for the train and trolley to make a major comeback

edit: sorry i thought this was the locomotive thread, my bad!
if cars and trolleys were used in exactly the same way except trolleys just happened to occasionally explode more often than cars people would be there to ignore the statistics and blame those wild live fast die young trolley drivers

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
The girl's name reminds me of an old Sesame Street song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4eVDA_9lx0

Didn't the CDC give up on compiling dog attack statistics by breed precisely because of that sort of bullshit?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
my neighbor has this chill as gently caress pit bull who i dogsit sometimes and its just a good doggie who likes getting tummy rubs and does scooby doo noises when you pet him

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You should surprise your neighbor by murdering the murder dog.
Murder your neighbor, too, just to be safe.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

You should surprise your neighbor by murdering the murder dog.
Murder your neighbor, too, just to be safe.

haha hes gonna be so surprised

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

pit bull is friend of the family of the world -yoko ono

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
misread title as parents name child arcade. now im disappointed.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

fyodor posted:

pit bull is friend of the family of the world -yoko ono

+2 to Str but that Chaotic Evil alignment...

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Luvcow posted:

+2 to Str but that Chaotic Evil alignment...

Watch out if wearing +4 Str +4 Stam leather studded collar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

spooky girlfriend posted:

Watch out if wearing +4 Str +4 Stam leather studded collar

*nods head*

• Locked thread