Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
we domesticated foxes from their ferocious natural state to affectionate toward humans in only 8 generations (8 years) solely through selective breeding
if you think breeding for behavior is dismissible as science fiction youre either a complete nut or applying principles of human psychology ill fittingly to dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

tada.wav posted:

At least one person who bought one of those russian foxes now has an apeshit feral animal living with them. Turns out there's a little bit more to this domestication business, like thousands of years.
yeah i mean whatever you say i have no reason to not think you dont know anything about what youre talking about

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

numberoneposter posted:

what im saying is its about time for the train and trolley to make a major comeback

edit: sorry i thought this was the locomotive thread, my bad!
if cars and trolleys were used in exactly the same way except trolleys just happened to occasionally explode more often than cars people would be there to ignore the statistics and blame those wild live fast die young trolley drivers

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
differences between races and genders have had a noted tendency to diminish (and even reverse) over a rather short period of time indicating the differences had a very large environmental cause
human sexual maturity gestation and cost have precluded such breeding initiatives as produced the pit bull

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

A Tin Of Beans posted:

pitbull murder instincts are really only supposed to be toward other dogs + possibly prey/game animals tho. a pitbull attacking another dog is unsurprising, a pitbull attacking a person really should be. at least how they were originally bred they were meant to be mad loyal, you can't have your FIGHTIN DOGGE attacking its handlers and poo poo. ?___? but then people hosed it up so lol. wannabe cool guys trainin their dogs to hate everything instead of just other dogs ruining things for everyone even more, is cool, and great,,
i like this mix of fact and fantasy
when they were trying to breed violence into dogs they werent also trying to breed in human companionship

your fighting dog wasnt a dog for you to have sleep at the foot of your bed so you could wake up to see the sunrise together it was the dog you jabbed at its tender spots with a stick while it was caged so it would be furious for its match where it would live or die so you could make a few dollars

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

A Tin Of Beans posted:

i hope the child has a sibling someday and tht they name the next one edcba
this is racist but i dont know why yet
gonna get to the bottom of this

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
yeah the first one is white but the next one is reversed
im gonna do some sleuthing on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU