Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Stottie Kyek posted:

What's the point of having a colour palette in the final picture when most of the colours are clearly there and not covered up with shadow or lighting? It's a digital picture, you can just open it in your favourite program and use the colour picker tool on it.

I guess because it's one of those things people started copying because someone else did it without wondering WHY someone else was doing it.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Rahonavis posted:

Any idea what happened to the previous DA thread? I've searched every imaginable term but no luck.

If you have archives, you can see it here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3419799

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I've wanted for a while to change my avatar to something different, but then I look at the cheerful yawny do not steal smile and feel it just represents the person I want to be :3:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

He's like a partially deflated punching bag weeble

Seriously, that loving side profile.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

I know I'm being super pedantic and dumb but I always think it's funny when artists go to lengths to include some fairly important detail that actually doesn't make sense*. Like, he lost his arm, and it's made to sound like it happened a while ago, doesn't it? So why is the stump apparently still bleeding through the bandaging?

*I mean, just to zoom in on one pedantic aspect and ignoring the nonsense of the drawing's concept as a whole

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Bismuth posted:

Impossible to read color choices, yay

I just noticed that they drew the hand in the bottom right for detail but never again. Every other image has the hand conveniently hidden or folded behind some other body part. I wonder if they started drawing him, couldnt draw both arms very well and erased one then just decided to slap a bandage on and call it good.

If you squint, the text literally disappears.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

The disembodied hands grabbing the fat lips, the human head being squished by the mouth. Not even wanting to acknowledge the swollen genitals.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

At least that one seems less like a fetish thing and more like "hey look at my weird webbed feet".

I feel both pity and envy for your naivete.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Tracula posted:

There are much worse fetishes out there but for some reason the people with foot fetishes always skeev me out the worst.

At least for me part of the discomfort is that everybody has feet and there's so much totally innocuous imagery of them everywhere that when you think about the fetish people it seems like feet are a secret private part most of the population goes naively on ignoring, unknowingly fueling the jism of the clandestine sect.

Also feet often smell and the people who fetishize the smell are on the level, to me, of the fart-fetish people. Like, what happened to you in your life that planted that seed.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

ShrewdOrganMerchant posted:

And let's look at his profile page, where he has all his interests and beliefs laid out over dozens of little stamps:

Dude is big into animal loving, and also incest, pedophilia, and rape apologists, all in a very preachy, self-important way. The world just seems slightly darker just knowing this guy exists.

I can't decide whether I despise the world for these stamps existing, or love it for them being an excellent way to identify people I need to avoid at all costs.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Get Innocuous! posted:

There are much more acceptable ways to say you are pro-choice than "I support abortion".

He probably does though, he's prob one of those people that uses the word "breeder" and "cow" to refer to parents

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

kith_groupie posted:

This just brings up so many questions. Alternative birth control for animals? People mad about the USA being called America? Agnostic atheist? I know there's an answer, but for fucks sake, if your internet life has lead you down this road you done hosed up. Also, loving the "disabled comments is bad/disabled comments is good" stamps in the first three rows.

I looked at it again and now see a "Not all pedophiles" stamp. I don't want to see the second frame of that animation.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Fantastisk posted:

"I support breastfeeding in public"

I'm sure it's for the right reasons and not because it's a fetish of yours. Not at all.

I am also very okay with not seeing the other frames of animation for some of these, like "Beastiality is" and "isn't always rape" although I have a feeling those two in particular are related...

This is like a depressing I, Spy where I notice something new and horrible every time someone quotes the image.

This time I'm :smith: and :stonk: over the implications of the Maggie Simpson stamp among the others.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

But remember,

At least you can feel somewhat safer, since Maggie is just a girl and he "prefers his women with dicks"

I'll try and be optimistic. I just don't think there's a big distance on the specturm between wanting to gently caress animals and wanting to gently caress literal babies, especially among the pedophilia stamps.

:smith: I should be more optimistic because this man probably never leaves his home, ever, and so I have no risk of ever running into him or his kin. But it's still disturbing and I can't tell where "playing up how sexually worldly and open-minded you are to get cool Troper points on the internet" ends and "legitimately and dangerously mentally ill" begins.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Bismuth posted:

Without fail every time you find a gallery thats entirely dedicated to one single weird fetish if you check their userpage they're male. Always

What about that lady whose entire gallery is drawings of herself having sexual/romantic relations with the jack-in-the-box from Spyro the Dragon?

Or does that cross the line from being a fetish to being a life goal?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Alouicious posted:

wait

the boss of the dreamworld in Spyro 1?

i don't care if it's a fetish, that's a fuckin deep cut I can respect

I just tried to find her on DA. Apparently she has deleted a lot of her weirder, older, more graphic stuff.
A recent image

I've seen a lot more by her though, she used to come up a lot on those bad art tumblrs and stuff like that. I think she was even in the old PYF DA thread(s). She would have like his dick coming out of the bottom of his body where it attaches to the spring? I specifically remember a picture where her self insert was crying about how fat and ugly she was and he lustily insisted that just meant there was more of her to love and that he was turned on.

Deviantart, everybody

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Bismuth posted:

Is the spring his penis??

weirdly no, there is a regular flesh penis attached to the body that is totally separate from the spring. I know, you would think you'd make do with the equipment already present but i guess even that would be too disturbing for this individual

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Boxman posted:

The other day I was talking about Seinfeld with a friend, and he had never seen the Fusilli Jerry. So I google image searched for it, only to find out that Fusilli-Jerry is a DA user whose fetish is cartoon women - April O'Neil, Lois from Family Guy, the Scooby Doo girls, whatever - tied up and in life threatening situations.

Enjoy. Creepily, I'm pretty sure its all work safe.

The only thing creepier than the actual pictures for these things is the comments left by people as if it's a perfectly respectable piece of art, praising and appreciating different specific aspects like it's a totally normal thing, punctuated occasionally by a comment that is overtly sexual.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Why are I doing this

It can't even be a mistype, it's handwritten.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

nematode antipode posted:

Process must be referred to as being "delitized."

And loving it

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Hey buddy look, I know it's hard making your first human suit but that just isn't going to look right after it wraps around the snout

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

"He has ears. They're just being covered by his horns."

Physics, everyone

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

karl fungus posted:

I'm pretty sure we're all in this thread as refugees from the endless JoJo posts in the weird fanart thread.

I mostly stopped following the weird fanart thread because at one point it was just pretty much entirely JoJo and I don't care enough about "getting" fanart to start looking at actual original art and just got bored :shrug:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

The MSJ posted:

It's a shame this is not Bad Rats game fanart, but that's what this thread is for.
http://fullmoonmaster.deviantart.com/art/One-Bad-Rat-tf-commission-520060253

Good thing that during her transformation, she didn't rip away those tiny strands of fabric, or else this picture would be just plain disturbing!

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Tardigrade posted:

There has to be a cartoon somewhere where a hippo swallows a character. It has to be something like that.

there's definitely a relevant scene from a late 80's-early 90's animated movie

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

EXPOSED BUTTOCKS UNAVOIDABLE

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

There used to be a thread in I think Ask/Tell that was "Ask me about being commissioned to make fetish art" or something similar. I had it bookmarked but I guess it's archived now. A lot of artists weighed in to tell about their experiences.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Multiple fetishes crashing into each other.

by ~msclgrl~

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Count Uvula posted:

Like 90% of them are just horrible people doing it unironically, deviantart just gets all of them because it's the largest social... digital gallery or whatever you'd call it and doesn't care about what weird fetish poo poo people submit as long as it doesn't have actual loving. A lot of talented artists that were on DA post on tumblrs and poo poo now instead of DA, so there's mostly crazy people left.

Isn't dA also really weaselly and weak-kneed about actual hate art? Like unless something is specifically saying "Everyone should go kill this person" it gets swept under the rug, and sometimes even that is permitted? I've come across, through no desire or actual attempts to go looking for it, so much pro-Nazi stuff on that site it's really disconcerting.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Bismuth posted:

Mental illness awareness: Spay and neuter your deviantartists

Christ

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Jeek posted:

You meant this one I suppose? I dared not click any of the images but they look kind of... fine?

Be grateful for your ignorance.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

The MSJ posted:

What, the tiny hands, the moon literally looking like a clump of cheese, the woman's face hinting that Forever Alone found love with Kendall Jenner, and the tiny triangular gap at her crotch is not enough?

Besides, she actually becomes a sasquatch.

I was out for a walk yesterday and a young man walking down the other sidewalk looked like this, just minus the hair/body hair. He had really absurdly large pecs and no shirt on and was walking in pretty much that exact pose, really rigidly upright. He thought he looked really, really good. He probably thought I averted my eyes out of bashful coyness but it was really because the size of the breasts was really disturbing. Well that's my story

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

The Grimace been workin out

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

e: same thing with having her do commission pieces, too. I doubt she's cheap, and what are you supposed to do with a piece of art that's just a .png that's saved to your hard drive? Open it up and look at it every once in a while?

You could make it a background/wallpaper, you could print it for yourself, idk. I know I have a lot of funny images saved that I periodically look through the folder of for laughs but I didn't pay for any of them, just found them and right click-saved.

A non-zero number of people prob use them to :fap: as well, don't let the G-rated innocuous subject matter throw you

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

pretty soft girl posted:

Yeah sorry if I was making 60k a month producing low effort garbage I would milk that for as long as it was viable so I could have a retirement fund prepped by my 30s, then I'd do what ever the gently caress I wanted artistically for the rest of my life without worrying about non-artistic poo poo like rent and food. Sorry about your bitterness

Ok except being able to make that 60k is so much more the exception than the rule even IF you're just making derivative fetish garbage. Like yeah a lot of people who do that can make a non-negligible amoutn of money but the number of people actually able to not just make a living but a holy-poo poo living is microscopically small.

And assuming you're one of the people who makes some $$ but not crazy huge amounts, drawing poo poo you don't even enjoy can get depressing and soul-crushing as gently caress. And again that's assuming you even work in a style that people want to buy. Not every artist can do that Thomas Kinkade type shiny stuff that is 100% just pretty and inoffensive.

Like people in here acting like this is some fountain of youth that people just haven't caught onto yet, like the steps are just "draw derivative/fetish poo poo" ----> "make thousands and thousands of dollars per month" and as if that's the most likely outcome. Yeah, the derivative fetish poo poo is almost always going to make you more money than original stuff, but it's not a failsafe meal ticket.

sweeperbravo has a new favorite as of 16:30 on Jul 3, 2015

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Christo posted:

If I know my strange erotic deviant art, the person who made those drawings is at least 22.

Remember the guy who draws teenagers beating up/murdering babies and midgets and is like in his 30s or 40s? Good times

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's pretty obvious WHAT the gently caress it is, just not why.

I'm gonna disagree with anything being obvious about that picture except for the discomfort it causes when I look at it

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Ouch. Well, I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy!

Thanks man :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Davinci posted:

That's the first thing that came to mind for me as well. It's pretty much impossible to not see it after looking at all those fingers beforehand.

Getting the crispal chicken treatment

• Locked thread