Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Thats not the chefs tip... .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Lol sorry about your lovely grocery chain (sobeys)

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Look at all the signs in store with Jamie Oliver on them, such a phony smile, he doesn't give a poo poo about your poo poo

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
It' s not as though grocery store tomatoes have any flavor to begin with, so if you're buying them from the grocery store, you might as well refrigerate them.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

bland or not if they're not mealy yet they get mealy

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

vine tomatoes are good as long as they're ripe.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the chef's top tip is to add sardines to everything

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
do not let the chef put his tip in your food

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

gary oldmans diary posted:

do not let the chef put his tip in your food
but if you dont it wont be as accurate and some might squirt outside of the plate on the table

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Zazi posted:

kill me if i ever develop opinions about loving tomatoes

i just eat soylent so i don't have to exert any mental energy thinking about food

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

the grocery store is where Americans buy their loving food. loving idiots.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I saw Jamie Oliver on a chef show teaching other chefs how to be chefs and all they did was make some steaks with rosemary and oil. real human being steaks

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

jamie oliver and his recipes are poo poo imo

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

SHOTGUN REGULAR posted:

"for optimal flavour!"

like gently caress you jamie oliver, like you don't know that those tomatoes have been on a reefer the whole four day drive from cali, then in the cooled produce section of a DC for another two days, then sitting in the store's cooler for another couple of days.

same deal with bananas. and basil.

they are probably closer to a few months old.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i like jamie olivers tv show garden more than his cooking

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

gary oldmans diary posted:

i like jamie olivers tv show garden more than his cooking

i like watching him cry in the midwest.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jamie oliver has weird beady little pig eyes in a fat pig face. Has anybody ever read pigs blood blues? Its a story about this kid who hangs himself in a pug sty and then the pig eats his corpse so the soul of the kid ends up stuck inside the pig like the kid possesed it. Also the whole story was set in a kids prison and has a really lord of the flies feel. Anyway basically jamie oliver is that and he gets off on tricking people into eating what is actually gross meat made from his children ( because he is a hosed up piggy man ) for some weird pig magic reasons. Maybe turning people into pigs also? I dont know.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I loved him showing the kids how chicken nuggets were made and then being horrified that they'd still eat them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKwL5G5HbGA

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL

Zazi posted:

kill me if i ever develop opinions about loving tomatoes

Not worth having an opinion about : life-sustaining nourishment

Worth having an opinion about : the portrayal of transpeople in video games

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

skaboomizzy posted:

I loved him showing the kids how chicken nuggets were made and then being horrified that they'd still eat them.

Of course they still are going to eat them Jamie, you dull loving tool.

It isn't like cooks and chefs haven't been using the whole animal, down to bleeding the gelatin out of the carcass and we are supposed to feel shame that just because we pressed and shaped the extracted minutia back together and breaded it before cooking? What delusional self-righteousness wankery.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
An under-explored part of that Jamie Oliver adventure is that most people in WV or other parts of Appalachia yearn for death everyday, so they eat whatever the gently caress they want all the time.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

skaboomizzy posted:

An under-explored part of that Jamie Oliver adventure is that most people in WV or other parts of Appalachia yearn for death everyday, so they eat whatever the gently caress they want all the time.

I believe it. I've heard their idea of music. Let alone the toe-nail chewing 'humor' that spreads like a green and mustard colored fog of misery.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Business Octopus posted:

Not worth having an opinion about : life-sustaining nourishment

Worth having an opinion about : the portrayal of transpeople in video games
every tomato is literally the holy grail

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

ZombieParts posted:

I saw Jamie Oliver on a chef show teaching other chefs how to be chefs and all they did was make some steaks with rosemary and oil. real human being steaks

Im not offended by your use of the word human being.

Im offended that you dont enjoy rosemary with your steak.

:getout:

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I season my steak with ghost peppers and poison oak

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

ZombieParts posted:

I season my steak with ghost peppers and poison oak

After grilling steak I take the orange hot coals braised from the dripping beef fat and jam them into by sigmoid colon.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
just the tip?

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
how to cook a steak:

1) buy steak and frozen french fries
2) microwave steak and frozen french fries
3) salt steak for more authentic flavor but be careful because salt makes you fat
3) serve with ketchup

gently caress you animals if you do it any other way

Quellar
Dec 21, 2007
quit staring at me

Jesus Christ posted:

how to cook a steak:

3) salt steak for more authentic flavor but be careful because salt makes you fat
3) serve with ketchup

No. NOOOO!

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
seriously lol if you cook steak any other way. Sometimes instead of ketchup I just sprinkle some sugar on to balance out the savory to create a flavor profile.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Jesus Christ posted:

how to cook a steak:

3) serve with ketchup

This is the best troll.

If it isn't a troll...well you should use it as one because it's perfect. Find some cooking forum and post this.

Berk Berkly posted:

It isn't like cooks and chefs haven't been using the whole animal, down to bleeding the gelatin out of the carcass and we are supposed to feel shame that just because we pressed and shaped the extracted minutia back together and breaded it before cooking? What delusional self-righteousness wankery.

Yeah, you can't say how admirable and "green" it was how indians and indigenous people used every part of the animal, then turn around and refuse to eat reconstituted meat containing offal and tendons and other connective tissue. Too bad Jamie wasn't around during rationing, back then people were lucky to get any piece of an animal to eat, even if it was a rat and you only got to eat the head and anus (ok maybe not that bad).

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

psyopmonkey posted:

Im not offended by your use of the word human being.

Im offended that you dont enjoy rosemary with your steak.

:getout:
lol psyopmonkey why did you post in fyad

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
its not about how they're transported you simp, you leave them out so the sugars come out more and taste better at home. You don't keep all plants as seeds because that's how they were transported. Sorry I only eat my meat raw, it's how they ship it on the truck

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im pretty sure tomatos in the USA suck either way unless you're going to a farmer's market

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

How the hell do you guys cut tomatoes without splattering the juice everywhere? I started buying cherry tomatoes exclusively so that I could put them between two plates and run a knife through the gap to cut a bunch in half all at once for my sandwiches without making a mess.

I've heard that putting regular sized tomatoes in the fridge first can make them less likely to splatter when cut but I never had luck with that.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
long serrated knife down and forward or back in one stroke

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Dec 4, 2014

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Randandal posted:

How the hell do you guys cut tomatoes without splattering the juice everywhere? I started buying cherry tomatoes exclusively so that I could put them between two plates and run a knife through the gap to cut a bunch in half all at once for my sandwiches without making a mess.

I've heard that putting regular sized tomatoes in the fridge first can make them less likely to splatter when cut but I never had luck with that.

Use a very sharp, well aligned bladed knife and slice at a shearing angle on a stable surface.

If you have to hack or saw your blade through your knife isn't sharp enough(or tiny). If you have to squeeze the tomato to hold it in place your knife isn't sharp enough. If you crush or pinch the tomato into itself as you slice, the knife isn't sharp enough.

I

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Randandal posted:

just... like

dont use a lovely knife

if you have a knife and its dull, sharpen it

not with a metal stick, thats not sharpening

this is caveman poo poo

someone said a serrated knife that guys a loving moron just get a good knife

jesus christ how is this not common knowledge

"durrrrrr how do i cut things good"

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Berk Berkly posted:

Use a very sharp, well aligned bladed knife and slice at a shearing angle on a stable surface.
yes always make sure the knife youre using has a blade
do not try to cut tomatoes with knife that is only a handle theyll splatter every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

shiksa posted:

someone said a serrated knife that guys a loving moron just get a good knife
anyone who doesnt know how to cut tomatoes from the getgo needs to just use the proper tool and not try to be fancy dude who doesnt know what a chefs knife is

• Locked thread