Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
There really hasn't been a good musical since Fiddler on the Roof. If you say Grease, you are a piece of poo poo. Grease sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i like les mis but im also a huge human being plus i haven't seen fiddler in forever so maybe you're on to something op?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Windows 98 posted:

There really hasn't been a good musical since The Sound of Music.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
is footloose a musical

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

is footloose a musical

This actually raises a big question. Are movies about dancing (EX. Footloose, Step Up, etc) considered musicals?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
is drumline a musical?

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Free punch to the first person that says Newsies... wait the second person. I don't want to punch myself.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy
Silence! The Musical is better

Are you about a size 14?

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Windows 98 posted:

This actually raises a big question. Are movies about dancing (EX. Footloose, Step Up, etc) considered musicals?

I wouldn't think so. Don't musicals advance the plot through they lyrics of songs sung by the cast? I mean, that's sort of the gauge I would apply to it, anyway.

Also, I do like me some Fiddler, but I did see Evita with Mandy Patinkin (though not LuPone, if I remember right; it was her understudy), and that was the poo poo, I tell you what.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Windows 98 posted:

There really hasn't been a good musical since Fiddler on the Roof. If you say Grease, you are a piece of poo poo. Grease sucks.

If you watch Mary Poppins backwards, it is about Britains slide into obscurity.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
the book of mormon is funny and has good music. plus mormons are more relevant than old world jews or w/e

Zorblack
Oct 8, 2008

And with strange aeons, even death may eat a burrito with goons.
Lipstick Apathy

Windows 98 posted:

I also love Fiddler on the Roof.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Haam posted:

the book of mormon is funny and has good music. plus mormons are more relevant than old world jews or w/e

I never saw the book of mormon. Was it ever recorded?

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Haam posted:

The mormon faith was having as many wives as you can, finding gold plates, and doing massive amounts of drugs. Sign me up.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

[Mr. Burns voice] Excelent.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Windows 98 posted:

I never saw the book of mormon. Was it ever recorded?

theyre still making a ton of money from touring so no. there might be a phone bootleg on the internet somewhere but that's nothing compared to the actual thing ofc.

soundtrack's recorded tho:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCqJ_9vFxRo

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

all musicals are awful and were created by the government to create employment for gay people

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I loved that episode of Lillyhammer where the gang dudes convinced people that Fiddler on the Roof was based on some guy on a roof in New York City

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
south pacific

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

gnarlyhotep posted:

I loved that episode of Lillyhammer where the gang dudes convinced people that Fiddler on the Roof was based on some guy on a roof in New York City

in new york there was that huge scandal with all those rabbi's molesting children and covering it up

that musical was called diddler on the roof

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Windows 98 posted:

its good but what about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7TT4jnnWys

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

in new york there was that huge scandal with all those rabbi's molesting children and covering it up

that musical was called diddler on the roof

Actually this was related to the toddlers getting herpes and dying from the "celebrate men" of the church. They bit the foreskin off. Can't make this poo poo up.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
its probably a chorus line hth you in your endeavours op

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The fact none of you have said the correct answer; Little Shop of Horrors, makes me sad.

The Moranis/Martin version of course.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
with or without the alternate ending?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Haam posted:

with or without the alternate ending?

Your choice. I'm not one to knock you if you want to see giant plants destroying a city...

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
i like the idea of the plants winning but it needs a lot of pruning (HAHA) to be watchable. the songs p cool tho

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
I tried finding it, but when the plant wants to eat that ladies rear end, and the guy is trying his hardest not to get a boner, telling the plant not to eat it. Little shop of horrors owns.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My Fair Lady or suck it.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Jews in Russia

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I saw the new production of Phantom last February. It's pretty loving awesome. I've never seen Fiddler. I'll solve this issue like I decide my toothpaste, who would win in a fight, The Fiddler or The Phantom?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu67jBGFUn0

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I won't stand by while America militarizes our blue jays! Gun control PLEASE!

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-GXo10hfKI

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Michael Crawford

There's an interesting audio recording of when Colm Wilkinson met Michael Crawford. They got into a fight and Colm apparently poo poo all over Crawford.

Here's the recording:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrcs5TcwfL0

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

1776 easily claims the best musical

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu_XV6kvOI4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SpeedGem posted:

Actually this was related to the toddlers getting herpes and dying from the "celebrate men" of the church. They bit the foreskin off. Can't make this poo poo up.

I thought they were just doing a regular circumcision then sucking 'bad blood' out of the open wound (on the penis obviously) not actuly biting the foreskin off

• Locked thread