Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Salut, Jean.

gently caress the Blackhawks.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ah, good ol' Troy Queef

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

"So this magnet here has greater lateral mobility than Emelin, as you can see"

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
Yet to see an even remotely convincing zone entry from Montreal.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Yet to see an even remotely convincing zone entry from Montreal.

Yeah the goal was unquestionably flukey but the Habs are certainly not hard done by to be trailing in this game so far.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
Amazing to see the difference in team philosophy.

Montreal players, for the most part, can't wait to get the puck off their stick as long as it's vaguely pointed toward the other end of the ice.
Minnesota is controlling play commandingly.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Amazing to see the difference in team philosophy.

Montreal players, for the most part, can't wait to get the puck off their stick as long as it's vaguely pointed toward the other end of the ice.
Minnesota is controlling play commandingly.

We.

Are a Dump and Chase.

Team.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Gallagher-Galchenyuk-Sekac?? I'm in love

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Holy balls the Wild have 13 shots with 5 minutes to go in the first.

Good loving luck, Carey.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

evenworse username posted:

We.

Are a Dump and Chase.

Team.

That clip is like the Zapruder film of post-Cunneyworth HAS

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Tangradi prolly should have let Kuemper freeze the puck and get a scoring line on for the faceoff but what do I know?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Man, that was a whole lot of cycling leading to absolutely nothing.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Pancakes by Mail posted:

That clip is like the Zapruder film of post-Cunneyworth HAS

I was reading Farber's SI piece on Subban today and it quotes Therrien as saying he "has a vision" for P.K.

I'm really quite afraid.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

I was reading Farber's SI piece on Subban today and it quotes Therrien as saying he "has a vision" for P.K.

I'm really quite afraid.

I was reading the same thing, a little unnerving the way he said,

"Let's just say I have more meetings with P.K. about learning the game than any other player."

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I'm really quite afraid.

Therrien is Grover, and Subban is his renovation project.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Rene Bork posted:

Therrien is Grover, and Subban is his renovation project.

What is the equivalent of load bearing drywall for defensemen?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Man, that was a great pinch by Gonchar.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

fancy stats posted:

Man, that was a great pinch by Gonchar.

He's been surprisingly okay, hasn't he? Not going to say I'd bump his icetime up, but he's a drat sight better than Allen or, really, Emelin to me.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Oh god not Patches.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Patch destroyed chasing an icing

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Pancakes by Mail posted:

He's been surprisingly okay, hasn't he? Not going to say I'd bump his icetime up, but he's a drat sight better than Allen or, really, Emelin to me.

AKA Setting the bar so low you could stub your toe on it.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

grack posted:

AKA Setting the bar so low you could stub your toe on it.

MontrealDefenseCorps2014.txt

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Oh, he's definitely been fine. Emelin's had his best stretch with him, too.

Still, that was just a spectacularly bad pinch on his part.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

22-11 in corsis. Carey for Vezina.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
lol montreal

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lol the shaw line out for opening faceoff

grack
Jan 10, 2012

This has got to be the deadest GDT with the Habs playing that I've ever seen. Is it because I forgot to tag? I'm sorry :saddowns:

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Well the 2nd is a lot better so far at least, although what a miscue by Price.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

grack posted:

This has got to be the deadest GDT with the Habs playing that I've ever seen. Is it because I forgot to tag? I'm sorry :saddowns:

I am paralyzed with the increasing weight of despair

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

I don't dislike him as a person, because obviously he works hard. But watching Emelin these past few games with extra attention, it's so, SO rare to see him to anything other than immediately dump it toward the offensive zone. His possession game is completely nonexistent.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Hjalmarsson takes a good penalty to take on what was also a bad call by the ref, ha.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Sekac is so good. What a fantastic pickup.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Shots are 20-8 Minnesota.

Oy.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Shots are 20-8 Minnesota.

Oy.

Urrgghhhh.

Prust is caught in the unfortunate situation of being a really excellent 4th-line player forced to play on the 3rd line.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Come on, Cat Horse shorty.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Hey Emelin you can't cross check a man's face

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
It's just kind of sad with Emelin now because he clearly just has no idea what to do most of the time. I'm not sure what they do to fix him at this point, if it's even possible.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

thanks carcillo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aurora posted:

thanks carcillo

Like you didnt see that coming the second he stepped on the ice.

• Locked thread