Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Who the gently caress is Jared Leto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Monday_ posted:

Wasn't Tom Hardy Bane? I can understand playing characters from different universes like Ben Affleck being both Daredevil and Batman, but you can't have one actor playing two different characters in the same universe. MY CONTINUITY.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Nobody watched that poo poo.

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
Jared Leto is very pretty, I want to kiss him on the mouth

Also, the dick.

Baby the Birdman
Jul 14, 2005

Every real nigga fuck they main girl in the ass.

angerbot posted:

who's gonna be harley

Margot Robbie, she was naked on the wolf of wall street and played Leo Dicaprio's wife.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
For the cinema world comic book movies are pure gold at the moment. They know nerds will pony up the cash to see it in cinemas rather than waiting for it to be released on DVD and there is almost an unlimited amount of characters in Marvel/DC that they could do spin-offs and sequels until the end of time.

Sort of surprised at Will Smith but he's probably still kicking himself for turning down The Matrix and the last film he did bombed so gently caress it why not?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

For the cinema world comic book movies are pure gold at the moment. They know nerds will pony up the cash to see it in cinemas rather than waiting for it to be released on DVD and there is almost an unlimited amount of characters in Marvel/DC that they could do spin-offs and sequels until the end of time.

They were a cool novelty for a while but now they're running that poo poo into the ground by making a movie about every d-list comic book hero/team

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

TOOT BOOT posted:

They were a cool novelty for a while but now they're running that poo poo into the ground by making a movie about every d-list comic book hero/team

Hey I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was going to bomb but it was one of the most successful movies this year. I know people aren't chomping at the bits for the story of Rick Flag on the big screen but the castings almost guarantees interest and butts on seats.

The novelty will wear off in time but the numbers say run this poo poo to the ground.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
they should stop making comic book movies in general just like a five year ban even

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mookface posted:

they should stop making comic book movies in general just like a five year ban even

what about graphic novels

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

This thread made me bust out some 30 Seconds to Mars, so thanks.

Also, he will be good, because he's a good actor. But I won't see it because I don't like super hero movies and the fact there is a new one every month that's exactly the same as the last.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
i don't care who he plays, he'll always be jordan catalano to me

he's so dreamy!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Baby the Birdman posted:

Margot Robbie, she was naked on the wolf of wall street and played Leo Dicaprio's wife.

a v pretty lady

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TEAYCHES posted:

what about graphic novels

permissible but only when necessary

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Oh no how will Jared Leto live up to such a fantastic character.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Jared Leto is gonna die.

Jokers curse.

:ohdear:

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

psyopmonkey posted:

Jared Leto is gonna die.

Jokers curse.

what do you mean? jack nicholson's still alive. ish.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Professor Shark posted:

More lovely comicbook movies, The Suicide Squad will have Jared Leto, Will Smith (Deadshot), and Tom Hardy (Rick Flagg :confused:) playing villains who go on suicide missions in exchange for their freedom

Joker is looking extremely good with the pompadour + anime lady fake sideburns combo there

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Jared Leto's an okay actor but 30 Seconds to Mars suuuuuuuuucks

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
most people can portray the joker adequately I thought

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Leto Joker will be fine as long as they don't do the 29246937th Joker role whose direction is "eh, just ape Hamill/Ledger's schtick"

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I would like a joker who tucks his weiner between his legs

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

angerbot posted:

who's gonna be harley

Claire Danes. It's a reunion type thing.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

I had to watch a movie about jared leto getting owned irl by his record label. anybody else see that?

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

anyway I'm sure he'll knock it out of the park playing the joker. good to see the guy catch a break

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Cucking Mama posted:

I had to watch a movie about jared leto getting owned irl by his record label. anybody else see that?

How exactly were you forced to watch this?

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad for it

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Tiny Lowtax posted:

How exactly were you forced to watch this?

'how exactly' is a far more confrontational way of asking a question than leaving it at 'how' so how about you drop the overfamiliarity and answer my question

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Cucking Mama posted:

'how exactly' is a far more confrontational way of asking a question than leaving it at 'how' so how about you drop the overfamiliarity and answer my question

No, I haven't seen it

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
jared leto has a fat cock you heard it here folks

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

This guy knows what he's talkin' about.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't care if they make comic book movies. I just want them to make good movies. And they haven't been.

We need a Groo movie.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Dead Precedents posted:

This guy knows what he's talkin' about.

This part creeped me out.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Waltzing Along posted:

I think the real tragedy here is will smith

Ever since I saw that one guy's avatar I've wanted Will Smith to play Etrigian. Just read any of Etrigian's lines but with the beat from "Men in Black" or "Wild Wild West" behind it.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Has anybody actually turned in a bad performance as the Joker? They've all been pretty good, no reason Leto can't do as well.

Bronson rules, glad to see some Bronson talk.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Agag posted:

Bronson rules, glad to see some Bronson talk.

Seriously if you haven't seen Bronson go watch it.

It's wicked good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
http://someby.hostzi.com/jared-leto-gout-interview.php i dont even

• Locked thread