Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

send me a fax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

fax me over the details

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

just the fax ma'am

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

plz dont plan private upgrading of the sa forum software op

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

sign this and fax it back to me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
faxes suck

print it out, sign it, scan it and email back

that's how we do it in 2014

use fax machine at work every day/ it's a cool printer that runs out of ink [without fading first, just abruptly] but doesn't stop trying to print

yay we just received a faxed prescription but no idea what it was or who sent it etc

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

pantelegraph me

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

faxes are still so important for doctors that entire cloud fax services exist but

YOU HAV TO ADD A FAX MODEM TO YOUR OFFICES AND SET UP THE FAX/SCAN/PRINTER TO SAVE PDFS INTO THIS ONE SPECIAL FOLDER

because you can't just have the company take care of all of that for you

and then the PDFs that are saved on the PC go up into the cloud where you use the same computer to go view them

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
I printed, wrote on, scanned in, emailed (to myself), e-signed, printed again, and faxed a permit request to city hall.

Because their online permit system can't handle multiple permit requests for one person.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I can't, op, I use VoIP

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

SO DEMANDING posted:

pantelegraph me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaCfs5Xb-EI&t=326s

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
whats your fax number? *readies image of man ripping his anus open*

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
aw man i thought you'd provide a phone number which would actually make this a fun thread but now it's not :(

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

the us govt trusts fax over email

Mario Incandenza
Aug 24, 2000

Tell me, small fry, have you ever heard of the golden Triumph Forks?

echinopsis posted:

faxes suck

print it out, sign it, scan it and email back

that's how we do it in 2014
no

in 2014 we paste a copy of our iSight-colelcted signature and paste that onto a PDF, printing is literally for cavemen

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
we send and receive lots of faxes because their still the standard for phi delivery.

the future of phi delivery is direct project which is so amazingly bad only healthcare could have thought it up.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Shaggar posted:

we send and receive lots of faxes because their still the standard for phi delivery.

the future of phi delivery is direct project which is so amazingly bad only healthcare could have thought it up.

wasn't it you who said the current state of the art in healthcare document transmission was emailing an attachment to a fax server, which then sent a fax to another fax server, which then sent the received fax as an email attachment?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

i googled "phi delivery" and got the name of a place named pizza phi

so what is phi delivery

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

so what is phi delivery

protected health information

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

:bsdsnype:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

wasn't it you who said the current state of the art in healthcare document transmission was emailing an attachment to a fax server, which then sent a fax to another fax server, which then sent the received fax as an email attachment?

yes. that's the current standard but direct project is going to replace that. direct project is basically smtp over tls and s/mime but more convoluted because the custom trust management is done by even more pedantic and awful organizations than traditional cas.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
like its worse than just that because theres dumb garbage wrt EMRs and really stupid bullshit like IHE.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
like you can tell its some loving awful medical director committee promoted and designed crap because this is an example from their docs

some overpaid moron at some hospital posted:

Sender to Sender’s HISP
Patient M. Powered has recently completed a hospitalization stay at Premiere Memorial Hospital,
and he’d like to get a copy of his clinical information and discharge summary. He asks Premiere
to send his information to his personal health record, and he provides a Direct address he’s
received through his PHR: m.powered@SuperPHR.com. A Health Information Management
professional at Premiere, Meg Wreckerds, uses the hospital EHR to select documents to send to
a patient. She selects both a Continuity of Care Document and a dictated Discharge Summary
document, enters M. Powered’s Direct address, and sends the message with the documents
attached

:barf:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

its 2014 and i have to fax a million forms just so two doctors can discuss scan results but my mud hut car insurance place can email me anything i want at a moments notice

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

moo cow post the fax number

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Egan Yardley posted:

protected health information

:tipshat:

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

Shaggar posted:

like you can tell its some loving awful medical director committee promoted and designed crap because this is an example from their docs

:barf:

Max Powered

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the patient is (E)M. Powered because now they can view their patient info online! oh wait, no they loving cant because direct isn't something they can access without a loving portal to your hospitals emr in which case why the gently caress did you give them a direct address. they don't loving need it you god drat retards, you're just confusing them with a not-real email address they cant use. The documents are already loving attached to their record in the emr so there was no need to mail them anywhere.

but that's not even the main point of direct. its primary purpose is to replace the email -> fax -> fax ->email system.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shaggar posted:

the patient is (E)M. Powered because now they can view their patient info online! oh wait, no they loving cant because direct isn't something they can access without a loving portal to your hospitals emr in which case why the gently caress did you give them a direct address. they don't loving need it you god drat retards, you're just confusing them with a not-real email address they cant use. The documents are already loving attached to their record in the emr so there was no need to mail them anywhere.

but that's not even the main point of direct. its primary purpose is to replace the email -> fax -> fax ->email system.

that's too complicated, just send a fax

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Fax me fax me any any time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
all documents should be transmitted via landline telephone circuits and audio-frequency Hellschreiber modulation

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
sends u 20 pages of all black

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Cat Face Joe posted:

moo cow post the fax number

555-FAX-ME

send me a fax

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i want to fax you like an animal

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i want to fax you like an animal

90s kids know

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

555-FAX-ME

send me a fax

The Management posted:

sends u 20 pages of all black

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jonny 290 posted:

all documents should be transmitted via landline telephone circuits and audio-frequency Hellschreiber modulation

I'm duplo hell

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I agree with johnny. fax me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

nah

• Locked thread