Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
Miscellaneous observations:

- Unless you want to die all the time to back swings get the ranged attack on the Assassin. This will also make you marginally useful on the demon boss.

- A Keeper with boosted barrier and dispel can make the demon boss a lot easier.

- Arcane Warrior + Elementalist = easy mode.

I'm guessing that the decision to leave out push to talk is yet another console feature but I don't understand not being able to choose the enemy faction like ME3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

exquisite tea posted:

Is there a push-to-talk key that I'm missing? Can't find it anywhere under options. As a helpful tip to those who don't already know, F4 is the "get over here" button you can use to make your useless rogues unlock doors for you.

I thought this multiplayer was too easy until I started playing with a class who didn't have Barrier, then I realized Barrier spam was probably the only thing keeping the pugs in this game from falling over and dying in every other room.

No push-to-talk which is pretty terrible but at least you can mute others.

Has anyone tried whether it's possible to make an infinite-whirlwind Katari?

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
As an addition to all the AW builds I'd suggest a CC variant that takes the flying fist and the aoe knockdown move. The fist is especially useful against the icebeam demons (despair?) since it knocks them down and deals heavy damage. The aoe knockdown has saved countless squishies in my runs.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Archimago posted:

Is that knockdown fist ability any good? I might give it a try before promoting my Keeper, just to give her another CC.

Fist is good for cc and especially for interrupting casters. Line of sight is a problem though compared to the plop down aoes.

e: I suppose the choice comes down to who you play with. My friend usually runs an elementalist so pull + meteors mean that I can focus on cc and not worry about damage.

mirarant fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Dec 7, 2014

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

coyo7e posted:

A lot of things

A lot of good points here though unless you have more than anecdotal evidence about that profile level increasing drops I'd say that that is observation bias at play.

Overall it feels a bit like the DA:I mp was made by the b-team. Ally collision, weird boss balancing (lack of it more like) and the chest system. I suppose there exists quite a lot of people with more money than sense but the chest system really is terribly designed when compared to ME3. I expected them to have commoditized the features from ME3 mp but who knows what their cunning plan here is.

Skippy McPants posted:

Solo'ing the entire Demon Commander wave on Perilous because my group is terrible.

Arcane Warrior problems.

Hell yeah AW bro :black101:

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
I'm guessing it is not out on pc in europe yet.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Leif. posted:

What's the PC hotkey for making it so you spam "Hey get your stupid pubby asses over to this treasure room"?

And also does voice chat just not work at all? It's supposed to be Ctrl, but it only seems to broadcast anything in menus between games.

F4 to herd cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Ambivalent posted:

So let's say I wanted to play an Assassin and try not to be horrible. Anyone have suggestions for active skills or what especially key passives there are? I haven't really used the assassin trees' stuff in singleplayer so it is hard for me to gauge what is actually good?

A few points on how to not be terrible:

- aggro reduction and restealth on kill passives (the second one is bugged on some attacks)
- wait until someone has grabbed proximity aggro unless you have stealth ready to go before attacking
- know which enemies have moves that can hit behind them (Revenant, big venatori 2h guy, red templar boss whirlwind and ground slam)

• Locked thread