Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Tevas - 0BD

Tevas called to the stunned masses, “Look upon my works and know my glory! Know that to reject me is to declare yourself twice outcaste, for you have been cast out by your tribes and I have taken you in. You have seen all of the great boons I have granted, and should you turn from me you will know nothing but despair and death. Worse, there are other beings out in the world. Some have offered succor to your old tribes, who so cruelly decreed your death. Others roam the wastes looking to feast upon your souls. All will send agents who will whisper sweet temptations in your ears in order to turn you against me. Harden your hearts against their lies, for they seek not to bless you, but to separate you from your compact with me so that they might destroy all of the Vaikai. Know, that any who turn against me, are a threat to all of the Vaikai.”

“Now, I must go and lay claim to the great tree, so that the blessings of that miraculous thing which I have created might serve as further boon to you.”

Before he leaves, Tevas privately pulls aside the leader of the Faithful, “Now more than ever, the faith of the people must be strong. I task you and all of the faithful with helping to open the eyes of the rest of the Vaikai to my worship as you have been. It is right and meet that you close your mind to the temptation of unorthodox thoughts, but you cannot cut yourself off from the rest of the tribe. Instead, you have a holy duty to bring the rest of the Vaikai into the light of Faith as you have been brought. I trust you will do what is necessary to achieve this end. The leaves for the holy brew grow on the island in the center of my lake should you require them.

---

Tevas approached the great tree, it was massive on a scale that impressed even a god such as he. Looking up at it, he announces, “I am Tevas, the one who created you.”

The tree seems to consider this for a moment, before it responds. It speaks haltingly as if it does not know how to speak properly. “Cre-ated?”

“I am the one who gave you being. Who made you.”

“I am being. I am one.”

“You are a holy tree, created to bring life and abundance to my worshipers.”

“I am. I bring abundance to life. Who created life?” It seems to be only able to use words you have said to it so far.

“I cannot say. What I know is that the one who created life here, abandoned it to sicken and die. This was a dying world, but there are still some who remain here. I came to them from another place, I offered them hope and life. In return, they worship and serve me.”

“I cannot abandon life. Life cannot sicken and die I remain here. I serve life.”

“I am god of the Vaikai, lord of water and plants. I created you to bring life for the Vaikai. They are my worshipers. I am your creator, I ask that you bring abundance to the Vaikai in order that their worship to me might grow ever greater.”

“Worship?”

“They sing praise to me, honor me in their hearts, and obey my commandments.”

“Another creator?”

“I know not where it is, or even if it intended to create you. Perhaps it has abandoned you, but know that I will never do so.”

“I understand perhaps.”

“I created you, and I have adopted the Vaikai from their abandoned creator, so I ask you two things. Will you aid them, and will you worship me?”

“I cannot sing. I honor life. Will you honor life I honor you. Will you order commandments I serve. You say this is worship.”

“The commandments I give are to be fruitful and bring life to this dead world, and to honor me first in your heart. Will do you this?”

“Perhaps. I honor life.”

“And if you are forced to choose between me and others like me, will you still honor me then?”

“Perhaps. I honor life. I choose life.”

“My Vaikai live not far from here. There are some among them who can shape life, would you allow them to live around and within you?”

“Will allow.”

“The Vaikai are permitted to worship me alone. They may be impressed by you, I ask that you do not tempt them.”

“I do not ask worship.”

“Yes, but they may be awed by you, and give it anyway. If they do, I ask that you tell them to stop, and worship me as they are supposed to.”

“I will ask them if they do so.”

“Good, I will bring them here.”

Tevas departs to return to his people, soon he would prepare them to move to their new home among the branches of the great tree.

Tevas is spinning the creation of the tree, and poisoning the well when it comes to the Vaikai meeting other gods. Also, while he’s at the tree, Tevas has ordered the Faithful to do what is necessary to help bring the rest of the Vaikai to a proper state of faithfulness. He expects their tenacity[+2] will help them continue to work at converting the rest of the Vaikai until they succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!
T'l-Dohgull
2 bonus dice

Food was set aside in the pottery for lean times, but even the weeds and chaff were saved, laid out to dry and stored for safekeeping.

T'l-Dohgull gathered his children to him. "You see how the gardens grow. You may have felt what happened. There are others like me, out there. Not the same as me--my people would have already found me. Still, these may be competitors. They may wish to hurt us. We have much work to do."

Over the next few weeks he took his children with him and showed them how to use their powers to protect their settlement. High walls were raised directly from the earth, with watchtowers. Additional chambers were made, both above and below ground, and lay empty for now. Their use would come later. Land was graded and smoothed out beyond the walls. Deep pits were made, trapped with sharpened sticks, and then magically covered with a thin layer of sod. And T'l-Dohgull and his children burrowed through the earth searching for metal deposits. They'd need something harder than stone for the days to come. Dead grey trees were uprooted from the swamp and dragged back to camp to be hacked apart. Slowly, fortifications began to come into place.

Using Earthworks+2, Secure+2, and a Bonus Die to create fortifications throughout the village. The items are listed above in order of priority; the wall is meant to be large and entirely enclose the camp, linking up with the terrace. There are a few openings throughout; doors will have to be put in later. He's completely focused on this and it's definitely an act of isolation that might color outsiders' views of us, so I'm also applying Single-mindedness -2 and Isolated-2 to gain back the bonus die I'm using.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Maruthuk, Sumat (1BD)

Maruthuk spat at the floor in frustration. Why did other gods always have to interfere in his designs? He had unwittingly hoped to be the only god in this new realm, but of course there would always be interlopers. This he thought, but at the same time, there was a smirk on his face. A part of Maruthuk he would never acknowledge, was clamoring for opposition - he could only be great when compared to something smaller.
"There seems to be another god across the waters", Maruthuk said to the gathered elders. "The interference caused my raw power to cause a veritable explosion of life, and that tree there. I'll try to get in touch with them - but be prepared, other gods of lesser stature are bound to be jealous, petty beings, intent on making mortal men their playthings. I will not let them do as they wish upon you, for you are my chosen people, bound for greatness."

Maruthuk stood proud at the highest peak near Sumat, concentrating in the direction of the tree and whatever had spawned it along with him. There were a few thoughts to send there. First, he had to know their intentions.

Resting while the Sumatians use their Smart +2 to figure out how to rebuild and adapt to the new fertile environment, hopefully applying some of those agriculture lessons. Also broadcasting a simple message towards the tree and beyond: "who goes there and what are your intentions? we have created something interesting together" to the far shores, and "you have been born of my power, can you understand me?" to the tree

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
The Greenlord

Iantho approaches the volcano warily. Meanwhile, Florencia was mildly boggled by the sudden explosion of vegetation. It wasn't unwelcome though, living on what was essentially a giant rock wasn't quite the most exclusive of digs, but wondering about that would have to wait, someone's coming, and she's pretty sure she knows exactly what. Time to be suitably dramatic

"poo poo poo poo, clear the throne room, get the livestock out of here! Get the unconcious guy out of the corner. Uh...right" She takes her seat, waves her hands and an overdramatic gout of flame and lava shoots out the top of the fortress cathedral bearing her image

If a large quadraped could skulk, the creature approaching Florencia would seem to be skulking. It's vaguely deerlike, but also vaguely serpentine

"Err, hello?" "Do you realize your chair is exploding?"

"Ah..." Being pretty much just an athletic human woman that's on fire, Florencia had to embellish a bit. Thankfully this didn't seem like a dickhead storm and thunder type. "Ayus. Its part of the decor. Who would you be?" She leans on her hand, trying to look polite yet bored.

"Ah. Fashion." Iantho nods in an attempt to look sophisticated "I am the Greenlord! Father of the gods and Master of the Forest!", he says in a slightly overloud voice, as if he were trying to convince himself

"Florencia, Muse of Flames, Goddess and Protector of...say you seem pretty level headed how about we just drop the trying to impress each other bit? What can I do for you?
"
"Well, you know, was in the neighborhood. Actually, you're the first other god I've sensed here. I'm...not actually from around here Originally, I mean. I'm from someplace less...deadly?"

"That would be my story myself. I heard the ah...call" Florencia doesn't even want to attempt to explain the concept of 'Post Singularity culture issued arrest warrents for your deadbeat rear end' to this guy.

"Ah, yes, the...call."

This place was substantially worse when I got here. And quite a bit more awful until...2 hours ago? Was that you?"

Well, much as I'd like to say so, no. I mean, I've been trying to make it less awful, and have had some smallscale effects. I'm doing some interesting things with grass these days. But I was sort of hoping whatever just happened had been you."

"Nope. I think this means that the two of us are not alone here...I do feel a bit jealous. This was very...fertility oriented but all the energy felt...male. Which is pretty weird and awkward. Usually that sort of stuff is lightning bolts, earth shattering, that sort of thing."

Iantho looks vaguely uncomfortable, and decides not to mention the rutting deer aspect of his portfolio" "Well, there ARE male fertility gods, you know. It's certainly a thing. But if there are other gods, we should probably learn more about them"

Yes, but I'm not sure about leaving my tribe. They certainly can take care of themselves, unless another god shows up. How did you detect me...it was energetic feedback from the ash, wasn't it?"

"I think so. You know, I'm not sure the ash was a great idea, honestly"

"I had to do something to keep the heat off. The food source we have isn't above ground and quite honestly, I didn't think any other part of the planet was alive."

"I understand. Unfortunately, the ash can cause havoc on already fragile plant life

"I was hoping for a fertilization thing. I don't really have a portfolio directly in that."

It's probably going to correct itself pretty quickly, fortunately, but this winter will likely be even worse than normal. I think I found out some of what's wrong with this planet, though."

"That being?" she raises an eyebrow?

"It would be nice if we could fix it. Well, I don't know your background, so I don't know if this is going to make sense to you."

"I've been around, try me."

"But the planet orbits its star, and the orbit is erratic and overly eliptical. That's part of the problem The rest is that the planet is much more energetic than you might expect"

She squints. "You an astrologer or do you seriously have orbital capcity?"

"I almost killed myself getting that high. But since I haven't found any rockets on the planet, I felt like I had to take the chance." As for astrology, I'm not really into it. I was once a non-zodiacical constellation, though It was part of a whole myth cycle. That's neither here nor now, though."

"Oh, huh. My sister was part of the astrological circle, wife to a guy that was made of a 1000 screaming human hearts."

"My mother and wife was the moon.. . .She killed me."

"Ah."

"Yeah."

"Then you got better."

"It's a cyclical thing."

"I see. Well, this is a pretty linear timeline universe, or at least we're still in the primary cycle. Personally, nothing good has EVER come of time manipulation, in my experience."

"Seasons come, seasons go. It's just something you learn as an agricultural deity What concerns me, though, is how the planet got this way."

"Seen anything of past habitation? The lads seem to have no specific cultural memory past the usual grandfather's generation."

"I've found artifacts You?"

"Nothing, just a nearly dead ocean. Everything here sans most of the greenery is my work. Probably the super storms that hit each Cold. One more reason we should map this planet and see whatever else is around. Did you get a good look up there, at what our situation is, continents, oceans, etc?"

"Not as much as I'd like. It was hard to remain conscious and I was focused on other things

"Right. So find the other powers. I think this burst of life will keep my people safe for now, I'm just worried about the rist of parasites, poison creatures, and predators. Life ain't all great, ya know."

"Sure, but they've been dealing with all that before we came along"

"Point." She doesn't mention the kraken she made and she hopes that thing was a one-off. "SO, I'm thinking, lets try to find the next power together. Between our two power sets, it should be easier, plus, ya know, whole new story cycle right here. Everything we do is part of the new Creation."

"See, now you're understanding the cyclical"

"I. Well, I tend to cut and run right around the "apocalypse" part, it looks like we're already past that here. Let me wrap up some things with the boys and we can head out. Best choice is to head to that massive energy surge."

"Most direct choice, at least. Although anything giving off that much energy might be dangerous. We'd have to be careful"

"Two are better than one for that and hey, who gets flattened at the first part of the story eh?" she smiles "...unless they're like, torn to pieces to make new parts of the world and such." she stops smiling.

"Being a beast of prey leads one to a certain level of caution"

"I've been described as predatory more than once, so lets make this happen."

"You'll protect me?"

"Sure, I can do that. Life can get pretty powerful, but in the end, fire is the ending of all things." She smiles again, all teeth.

"Alright then. Lets go." He smiles back, warily.

Iantho and Florencia are headed towards that power surge, looking for other gods.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Florencia
1bd

"Alright boys, hold down the fort..ress." Florencia gives instruction that would've amounted to 'Don't set yourself on fire', but, well.

Yeah, Fire+2 to guard against antyhing that comes up, [Divine ADHD -2] due to wandering off.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gralesma
1 BD

Gralesma arrived at the life giving tree. It was indeed awe inspiring and impressive. A new beacon from which to spread life. Other powers were attracted to it. Which was natural, life attracted life after all. And this tree was life on a large scale.

"But one life is not enough. All life ends. A life that does not spread itself is useless." She said. And so, she'd merge with the earth near the tree. Her fertile self would find any seeds the Tree of Life would find, and take them within her. The seed and the fertile earth. It was something she had done many times, but this seed might bring great bounty and life to her home, and to her children who lived there. She was ever pregnant of course, but these young sprouts would be given particular care.

I will use Fertility +2 and Earth +2 to take seeds from the Tree of Life within me, with the intent to bring some of them back home as saplings.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Gralesma, conversation at the Tree of Life

Gralesma wasmoving throuhg the earth near the tree, working to swallow the seeds and fruits it dropped. It was pleasant to be in a place where there was so much life, so strong. She had to spread it. Then, she became aware of other presences. One of them was faintly familiar. As they approached, she rose fro mthe earth, taking her usual shape, that of a vaguely defined, highly pregnant woman made out of living earth. "Who is there?"

Florencia "Oh wow." "See I was worried about the lack of female fertility dieties, but lo and behol', here's a fatty." She does a little flourish, complete with fireworks show. "Greetings, I'm Florencia, goddess of flames, imbuer of power, yadda, yadda, and this here is..."

Iantho: "Don't call her fat. It's not nice.", Iantho whispers. Then he steps forward, bows his head, and says, "And I am Iantho, the Greenlord. It is my pleasure to meet you, madam."

Gralesma: "You were right to worry. But I am here. And I am heavy with progeny and food. I am Gralesma, she who feeds and must be fed." She looks from one to the other. "Goddess... is that what we are? I was the earth and the life on it. Goblins came and served me and named me. And then I had more thoughts."

Iantho bows his head again. "Ah, Madam, you are the earth, and I am the rain that falls upon the earth to cause the green."

"I'm pretty much...here?" Florencia shrugs. "Uh, welcome to sentience. Its quite the ride""

Gralesma nods. "Rain... that is when the earth grows wet with lifewater. You are good. You bring life." She turns towards Florencia. "But rain kills fire? Do you two not struggle?"

"Its..." Florencia tries to think, hanging out with mortals too long really messes up your perception in terms of seperating your powers from yourself. "Gralesma, do you know what a "person" is? A person is someone that can do something, like me or Iantho, but they are not ONLY their abilities. Even if they conflict, they can talk, communicate, find comprimise without a fight."

Iantho thinks. "There's that, yes. Also, she is the fire that comes from the earth, that consumes, and that when joined with the water, creates the rock from the ocean." "I mean, you are, right?" He looks at Florencia. "You're not just the fire, you're also the lava."

Gralesma is quiet for a moment, thinking on it. "True. Life is more than predator and prey. And fire is natural. It has a place. There is struggle, but life also struggles with life. Only Death is the enemy." Suddenly, there is a wrath in her voice. "I found Earth that was made Dead. And within, there was Water that brought death instead of life! It was made by mortals! It was a wound in the earth! I destroyed and purified it. Have you seen Death Water or Killed Earth?"

Iantho: "Water that brings death instead of life...." Iantho stops to think it over. "Do you mean alcohol?"

Florencia "Um. I'd need to see what you mean. If you mean lifeless rock, well, I see a lot of that, I can't quite make thinks bloom out of nowhere. Mortals...some kinda of alchemical substance?"

Iantho: "Maybe. Chemical weapons?"

Gralesma shook her head. "No! Not the rock of mountains. It had been made that wind and water could not break it. Life could find no home in it. It was hard, but smooth and even." It was hard to epxlain, but she hasn't really left anything from it to show. "Not the poison when plants rot. Being near it brings death and sterility. It makes flesh turn against the life that made it. It made large pieces of land dead and lifeless, no matter how much rain and sun were given."

Iantho: "Bunker..."

Florencia "Oh gently caress. Iantho, we may be in a place where mortals broke the whole world."

Iantho: "Nuclear war would explain some things. The rocks were warm? Like a fire from inside?", he asks

Gralesma: "I don't understand those words. But is this a thing that has happened before? Are you from far away where this has not happened? I will not let this happen again. My children will not use dead earth. They will surround themselves only with that which was alive, or which they collected but remains as they found it! I will not let more death water be made!"

Florencia "Well uh." Florencia tries to think of a way to explain this to the new goddess, barely formed as an ego. "Gralsema, I'm going to try to explain something, I mean you no harm here." Florencia approaches and attempts to put her hands on Gralesma's head equivalent.

Gralesma: "No, the rocks were cold and dead. Some of the dead rocks were the shape of living things, but made of dead earth." But I listen."

Gralesma recoils. "Life is no enemy of life. But it does prey on it. Do not use your powers on me." She says, cautious but not hostile

Iantho: "Maybe I could explain, noble Gralesma?", Iantho volunteers

Gralesma: "I listen."

Iantho: "You know that all life comes from the earth."

Gralesma: "yes'

Iantho: "And energy comes from the sky to help life grow, when it mates with the earth And you know that in the earth, there are the great fires, like the ones that Florencia controls."

Gralesma: "I cannot see above the earth, but I know it grows warm and sometimes cold. Sometimes wet and sometimes dry. And that there is fire deep within."

Iantho: "And also the earth that contains fire within, these things that mortals name coal, and petrol."

"You mean when the dead cannot properly feed the living? Yes."

Iantho: "Yes. Also, in the earth, are the rocks that give heat. They are the sun within the rock, and they come originally from the sun. In time, they change into metal."

Florencia winces. A bad first experience is going to create a luddite god, and that means going to war just because Florencia one day wanted flush toilets to make a come back. "Gralesma, mortals create many things, as they grow, they often take on a pattern of their own, this is natural too. They can cause great diasaters, but they can also create amazing things. Above the world, High and past the sky, is a blank nothing ness, just black, nold, no life. I've seen mortals leave a planet, bring life to this void. Its not 'abandoning the earth, its children learning to walk on their own."

Iantho: Iantho sighs. It's hard enough to explain nuclear physics to an ur god/earth mother without branching into a debate about the space program.

Gralesma: "Why would life want to do such a thing? Leave me? Go out in... cold death where I cannot feel them? Why? There is life here. I am fed, and I feed my children. They are fed from my bounty, they are sheltered in my embrace. What else do they need? Why would I want my children to abandon me to go into this... dead 'space' thing? Especially if the ydo that and then create dead water?"

Florencia "Because seeing your children become their own thing is the greatest thing a parent can do." Florencia is kind of ablibbing it, at most, she's only been the sort of aunt that spoiled the poo poo out of her nephew/niece equivalents.

Gralesma: "You are strange. My children are born within me, they feed from me, they live within me, and when they die, they return to me. I would never want them to become something far away from me. With this 'Space' between us."

Florencia "Well, you're young, Gralesma, we'll see what happens farther down the road. I must ask, did you create this tree, and are you responsible for the bloom everywhere?"

Iantho: "It seems to me that this is a conversation for later. If it happens, it won't happen for a long time."

Gralesma: A little wary, Gralesma continues. "Very well. You do with your children as you wish. Just do not make the Death Water." She looksat the trees. "I do not know for sure. It came to be after I destroyed the place with the death water, the 'bunker'? Maybe without the Death Water, the Earth here sought to show life. But it is far away from where I destroyed the bunker."

Iantho: "It's a very nice tree. I almost don't want to eat from it."

Florencia "It is, its nice not having to wait for grenery to return."

Iantho: "It seems sentient, almost. We should find out who made this."

Gralesma: "Life feeds on life. I gather its seeds in my fertile body. I wish to spread this life. Even if my children mostly eat life underground. Mushrooms and insects, spreading quickly throughout me. But to have life growing on my surface as well will be good." She looks at them. "Are your children like mine? Small, with sharp teeth and green skin?"

Iantho: "Mine are tall, with tanned skin, flat teeth, and pointed ears"

Florencia "Mine are, like me, not afraid to scour the surface of this world. Many of them are very different, from places all across this earth." Florencia doesn't mention that was uh, past tense. She felt weirdly guilty about wiping out several types of people.

Gralesma nods. "Our children will fight some times. Life feeds on life. But I will let them only do that on their own strength. And only to feed their tribes. Not to please me."

Iantho: "I appreciate that. When gods war, things can get bad."

Florencia: "Yeah uh, you can end up with things like more death water. Not only mortals can create that. i have no intention of creating it, but its obvious we're not the only dieties on this world."

Iantho: "That's true. And we don't know that they'll all be as friendly as the three of us."

Gralesma: "Good. I will try to seek out other dieties and tell them not to create the death water. After I finish taking these seeds and return to my home." She thinks. "Greenlord. I could enrich the earth in your land, you could bring more rain on mine."

Iantho: "I would like that. Between the two of us, we would be stronger than either seperately."

Gralesma: "Would our children know? I... find that their awe and love for me makes me what I am. I would not want to lose most of them. But I could give some to you, if you gave some of yours to me. Or we could do it without our children knowing."

Iantho: "I don't know. Or, they could love you and me. We don't need to decide it now. We could start without our children knowing. And then maybe later...."

Gralesma: "Can that happen? That would be good. I know much of the earth and the life within. But I cannot reach above it. But yes, we will start with giving our blessings to eachother children."

Florencia "Whoa. Hey uh, let me know if you need anything lit on fire. I've also had luck with altering life, but not creating it."

Gralesma: "I will come to you when I need fire, yes, and offer you the same then. But I alter life as well. The goblin tribes are my most beloved, and I changed them to live better in my embrace. But I am proud of the insect life crawling through me as well."

Florencia : " Oh dear. "Ah, that's great." Now she was feeling mroe weird and guilty.

Iantho: "I also have altered life, but pretty much just plant life, not animal. I'm interested to hear more about your insects, though, sometime."

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Year 2
The burning Heat, embers of a fading Sun.

Ongoing effects:
T'l-Dohgull's rain ritual - Lasts until Year 3.
Tree of Life - Major Artefact
Anvil of Dhuum - Minor Artefact
Glypt Fortress - Fortified [+2], penalty when sieging.

Rooh-Vah

Rooh-Vah could dig much deeper, more swiftly than the Steel-Men could. It dug deeper to a number of veins, searching through the mountain for something of unusual note. Then deep, deep within the mountains it found a crystal of unusual composition. The properties of the crystal on investigation included total internal refraction of energy, which it collected over time. Some kind of naturally occurring battery. If it was actually natural at all. The Steel-Men had gathered a lot of what they needed and began to prepare for the coming Cold, gathering minerals and organising themselves to who would charge in the sun at what times.

Success, the Steel Men prepare to deal with the Cold and you find a crystal that stores energy. But what energy is inside the crystal? Right now you have no idea, it is almost totally internally reflective.

Tevas

Roughly three quarters of the remaining Vaikai were taken by the Faithful. At first they snuck a few at a time, but as the Faithful grew in number, the Vaikai dwindled in turn. Eventually there was nothing left for those remaining but to flee. They fled at night without warning, and it took a full two days for the Faithful to realise what had happened. By the time Tevas returned, they had lost them entirely. The Faithful had not even considered the thought of leaving, and so it had taken them time to realise what had happened. But Tevas had his true followers, even though he could now sense the slightly hollow nature of their worship. It felt good, but at the same time left a slightly bitter aftertaste that gnawed at his mind. And what had become of his old worshippers? And you could feel the approach of other powers to the tree, at a distance but they would arrive shortly before you did were you to return now.

Success. Much of the Vaikai become the Faithful, taking up this name as a shortened version of The Faithful of Tevas. The Faithful are Faithful [+2] and Narrow-Minded [-2] both of which will be applied to any relevant actions and cannot be tapped to earn bonus dice. I will apply these bonuses when relevant, seeing as Tevas currently cannot really see the drawbacks and advantages properly of either.

T'l-Dohgull

Great walls of solid stone were torn from the ground, one at a time over the course of a few weeks. The walls began first facing towards the direction T'l-Dohgull had felt the other presence. As he brought up new walls, the old ones were melded in seamlessly into the new ones. It was in the end a single solid structure without beginning, end or weak point and it would protect against anything from the land. The Glypts searched for metals, but their claws were not well suited for rock and hard metal and they found it difficult. They lacked tools as well, although perhaps now they could make a start on it with what they had managed to collect. That, or T'l-Dohgull would need to warp their forms or grant them powers of some kind to aid in this.

Success, when anyone tried to attack your base they will suffer a penalty to overcome the fortifications. It also gains the trait Fortified [+2] when otherwise relevant, in case there are situations I have not thought of. This does not aid against the weather anymore than underground burrows do.

Maruthuk

The Sumatians spent the following weeks in equal parts of weed and pest control in their fields, and harvesting and pruning the mass of plants. They found that insects and birds had begun to breed again due to the sudden surplus of food, and many of the small animals had begun to reproduce as well. It seemed thanks to the tree somehow. Speaking of which, Maruthuk felt a feeling of acknowledgement and curiosity, but it was hard to tell at a distance and your power did not easily travel so far. Perhaps if you got closer to the tree you could speak. You could sense a gathering of other powers there...

Success, it was a simple action given the last few turns. Most basic farming related rolls will automatically succeed now.

Gralesma

The Seeds of the Tree of Life were...interesting. They held a power inside of them although not nearly as great as even a small fraction of the great tree. Your power was with the Earth and not plants themselves, so you had a sense that it would grow into a strong tree if not one of incredible unnatural size, Graselma was not sure of the properties the trees would be possessed of.

At the Tree of Life:

Florencia, Graselma, and Iantho begin their turns there. Maruthuk and Tevas can quickly reach it. Rooh-Vah, T'l-Dohgull and Wakixta can reach it if they spend their turn travelling there. Certain swift actions can be done before or after arrival if they choose.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Rooh-Vah
1/2 BD

Log Y2WanH - Further Experimentation Needed

>Composite material found
>Crystalline Structure ran through mineral archives on structure alone, negatives on all accounts.
>Internal Energy of crystals unknown, radiation? Something else?
>This will require more thorough analysis then what I can accomplish from just visual scanning.
>Attempting to analysis a small sample of the crystal within myself.
>Analyzing Mineral Sample. Please Stand By...

Glowing Rocks? Better eat some and see what happens. I guess I am using [+2] Artifice so I can use all of my fancy mineral analysing components that Rooh-Vah has come equipped with to give this stuff a much closer look. On the off chance that this isn't a terrible mistake, I shall grab as much of it as I can carry and take it back to the Steel-Folk for further testing.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gralesma
1 BD

Gralesma finishes gathering the seeds inside of her. Making sure the seeds are well and alive. She has a lot to think about after meeting with the other... gods. So that is what she was. It was another form of life after all. She lingers near the tree, feeling that it had a power that was beyond her. That she could not recreate this, no matter how fertile she made the earth. How did such a tree come to be? Were its seeds already in the earth a long time ago, or did another goddess do this?

The tree feels aware of your presence, but otherwise remains silent.

She looked up at it. IT felt like more than a tree. It felt aware. Could trees be gods? Why not. She was an area of land and she was a goddess. She manifested herself, appearing in front of the tree. "Are you a god too?" She asked.

"Tevas is god. I am not god. I do not tell I people I am god."

Gralesma nods. "I am a Goddess. I am Gralesma. I am the Living Earth, she Who Feeds and Must be Fed.Who is Tevas?"

"Tevas is one maker."

"Tevas made you. He is a friend to life then." Gralesma said with approval. "Are there other makers?"

"One, I do not know who."

"Just before you came to be, I removed some water that brought death from the soil. Did that help make you?" she asks.

"I do not know. I am not a god, I do not know what helped make me."

She nods. That makes sense. "I have taken some of your seeds within me, and I want them to sprout where my children are. But they lack much of your strength. Perhaps because I take without giving in return. If I spread these seeds far over the world for you, would you be able to strengthen them, so they bring more life?"

"I do not know. Can you shape another god like you?"

"I do not know. I have not tried. But what can you do? I am Earth and Fertility, I want to spread life. But life feeds on life, and nothing is free." She asks

"I serve life. I shape it greater."

"If I bring you life, will you make it greater, and then I will either enrich your earth, or seed your offspring far and wide."

"I do not know."

"But you can shape life to be greater? What do you mean with that?"

"I serve life, shape and create it. Make life greater."

"Then I will enrich the Earth. And later I will come back with Life, and you will try to make it greater. Is this good?"

"It is intended."

"Very well. Then I will now feed the Earth, so that life may endure here." Gralesma finishes, then the earth that formed her shape was reabsorbed into the ground.

Once she merged with the ground, she extended her influence over it. It was less pleasing than the earth that was her home. But it was still alive. It seemed there were a good many gods. Iantho, Florencia, Tevas and the unknown second creator of the tree. Which meant there were at least that many places were life was enduring. That was very good.

But for now, there was work to do. The tree had already enriched the land a lot. But there can always be more. More life. More fertility. So that no Deathwater could ever destroy it. And in return, the mushrooms that made her children so well adapted to living within her could be made greater, hardier, more fertile.

It was difficult in many ways. The earth wasn't her, so she had to coax it into additional fertility, rather than change herself. And it was already filled with life. But she was determined.

I'll use Earth [+2] and Life[+2] to boost the fertility of the land around the Tree of Life even higher! Let's see how good we can get these numbers. After that is done (which is not instantly, but will take a few weeks) I'll return home.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Tevas - 0BD

Upon his return, Tevas rejoiced at the greeting from his followers. They knelt and offered fervent prayers celebrating their god’s return. As he looked upon them he was, for a moment, content. He need not fear that the Faithful would ever betray him, as his old world had. However, the moment was marred by the realization that not all of the Vaikai had converted. That some had fled into the night gnawed at Tevas, they had turned on him after he had given them so much.

It was that feeling that drove his decision to go after them. He would hunt them down, and they would answer for their betrayal. Before he left he spoke to the gathered Faithful. He told them of his mission, and ordered them to prepare for the coming Cold, and to pray for the salvation of their heretic fellows.

Leaving, he spread out his divine power, for though he would be hard-pressed to attempt to see a trail with his eyes, he could sense where the plant life had been disturbed by a convoy passing through, where roots and berries had harvested and eaten. Should he get close, finding them would be a simple matter, for he would sense the water that made up a majority of their bodies. The oncoming Cold driving most species into hibernation would make it even easier to detect them, as there would be fewer other living creatures to potentially confuse them with. No, he would find them, and when he did they would be Converted.

Tevas is hunting down the escaping unconverted Vaikai. Using Plant[+2] to follow the trail of disturbed plantlife, and Water[+2] to sense the water in their bodies. Assume that if he finds them, he’ll for them to drink the worship brew.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Iantho-2 BD

Iantho walks up to the tree, curiously. “So, you’re a tree and you can communicate? I don’t know that I’ve had many conversations with trees before.”

“I am tree and not tree. But not god.”

“Sort of like I’m deer and not deer? I am a god, though...for a certain definition of god, I suppose. Who made you, and why? Do you know?”

“Tevas and another. I do not know why. Tevas wants me to nurture nature and people, but not to temp the Vaikai.”

“Who’s Tevas and what’s a Valkai?”

“Tevas is a god. He is a creator. The Vaikai are his people.”

“Ah. Do you think Tevas would like a conversation with another god? I guess I’m wondering what you know about him.”

“I do not think so. He does not want to tempt the Vaikai.”

“Tempt them with what?”

“Other gods.”

“Oh. No particular HARM in other gods, I always say. He’s a monotheist?”

“I do not know definition of monotheist.”

“Ah. Sorry. A monotheist is a person who believes in only one god. A monotheistic religion is one that only worships one god. It’s probably not important. Tree, would you mind if I took some of your seeds to plant them back home? My people are in desperate need of a forest.”

“Others took some. You may take some. Other gods exist. Why not know? Tevas know, other creator created me. Other god created me. Other god exists. You exist. I do not understand.”

“I don’t entirely, either. Some gods are like that, though. Some people are like that. I think there’s a kind of...possessiveness. All gods are in a relationship with their worshipers. That’s part of the relationship between gods and mortals. But there are some who, I don’t know, get jealous. But I don’t know that it matters to you. It’s more of a god thing than a tree thing. Is there anything you need, tree? I could improve the weather for you, or make you grow better. Consider it repayment for the seeds.”

“The weather is difficult. But as I nurture nature, weather will grow better as well.”

“True enough. You might not know the answer to this, but the shoots your seeds produce...will they be like you?”

“I do not know. I do not think so. I am one. My creators were two gods.”

“True enough. Still, they’ll be trees, and this planet could use trees. And, hopefully they’ll have some of your strength.”

“Maybe.”

“At any rate, it was good meeting you. If you need anything, ever, call out to me. I have a connection with trees and plants. I will hear.”

With that, Iantho gathered seeds from the magical tree, and returned to the Tislaren to plant them.

Blessing the magic tree to help it grow Plant +2 Then taking seeds, stowing them, and heading to the largest concentration of life nearby

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 11, 2015

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

T'l-Dohgull
2 Bonus Dice

The realization that he could continue altering the glypts excited the god, but he held off for now. He didn't want to do too much to them, too soon. They would have to make do with what little metal they had already found, and hope it lead to greater bounty. One of the new above-ground chambers was designated a forge. Much work would be needed to make it truly effective but for the task at hand it would suffice. With weeds and kindling as fuel, a makeshift kiln, and patience, T'l-Dohgull led some of the glypts in melting their small ore collection down and working it into tools suitable for breaking earth and rock. By the time the Cold came he hoped there'd be enough for a small crew to work through the winter.

All right, looking to make crude mining tools. Earthworks+2 to help guide them in understanding how to craft this product of the earth, and Secure+2 to help them understand how important metalworking will be to their continued safety.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Maruthuk, Sumat, 1BD

Maruthuk saw that his people were doing well - they had taken his lessons to heart and were progressing quickly. Things were good. His thoughts, however, dwelt mostly on the tree - now, it seemed, there were other powers gathering in the area.
As the best god around, it was his duty to meet the other powers in this realm, see what they were all about. Perhaps even give them a little gift.
So Maruthuk told the Sumatian elders to hold down the fort, and without further ado strolled on towards the coast, and then just walked on the water most regally.
When he arrived there, under the cusp of the magnificent tree his efforts had created, he tapped his copper-tipped staff on the ground, a thing borne of Sumatian artisans and not his own divine power, and behind him rose a column of gentle flowing water. Where the water fell back onto the soil, a multitude of shimmering, colorful flowers rose - a small, beautiful garden, the likes of which he hadn't raised since the time he had arrived on this realm. It was almost nostalgic.

"Hail! I am Maruthuk - he who ties rivers together, architect of the Hanging Gardens of great Babyris, first city of the first men. I know not any of you, but know this - I have just arrived to this realm, and my bound duty is to guide the men of Sumat, who now dwell across the waters behind me, to even greater heights than the old realm I left behind me coming here. This realm is hurt, barren, but you see - by our efforts it lives again! If you would share my goal, that is, lifting the mortals of this world to the places they can't reach on their own, then rejoice! For although the glory of my people will surely be the greatest, there is much room for the untold prosperity of many other peoples. I shall welcome trade and peaceful relations, joint efforts and even healthy rivalry. But heed this! Work against me, covet my land, hurt my people, and you shall know my wrath! Welcome this garden as a gift from me to you, gaze upon it with joy - a sign of our peace and cooperation!"

Travelling to the tree and greeting whoever is there, giving them a quick rundown of who I am and which land is claimed by me. General message is we can cooperate to make this world less hostile, but don't mess with my humans and my plans. Also I'm very smug. While I'm there, using Plants +2 and Water +2 and the tree's influence to make the Fountain Garden - a beautiful arrangement of tall fresh water jets rising into the air, surrounded by flowers of a myriad colors. Serves no purpose othar than showing off so Boastful -2 might apply

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Florencia
0bd

Well, time to hop on the band wagon...cart...sled drawn by half starved, half domesticated proto-animals (sigh). Florencia already sees the others getting their piece of the tree. She kinda wants to get back home, she has some stuff that needs to get done, and undone. She walks up, reaches to the nearest root, and calls to the earth below it, searching for the nearest vein of magma. The tree bends and almost seems to whistler, as the vein comes closer. "Yessss, c'mon, I know you can do it." This wasn't entirely logical, but maybe sympathetic resonance would work, it was time for her to be able to spread the message without leaving home. It was time to bring a new meaning to Rock and Roll.

Florencia is going to try to link the tree to the earth's magma center so she can get a hold of it, using its root system to link many different underground fire sources, she's hoping to create a system of movement, or at least communication she can broadcast around the world. Spending a Bonus Die along with Fire+2 (obvious) and Growth (can't stop the signal) to create Radio Free Venatus (not necessarily radio, but you get the idea).

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 12, 2015

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Year 2
The awakening Cold, the Sun begins its slumber.

Ongoing effects:

For the following, please read after Florencia's update.
Tree of Life - Greater Artefact.
Primal Might - All life around the Tree of Life grows large and powerful, both plant and animal.
Magma Tubes - Any creatures that can survive in magma can use these to travel between volcanoes, vents and the Tree of Life.
Global Resonance - Energy and sound travels through the walls of the tube, crossing around the planet to vents and volcanoes as well as to the Tree of Life itself.

Anvil of Dhuum - Minor Artefact.

Rooh-Vah

The crystals absorbed a great variety of energy, including very strange and exotic particles. Complete internal reflection was not such a strange concept when it came to light, but these crystals were capturing smaller particles including protons, electrons, neutrons and even neutrinos and quarks. Such sub-atomic particles should have been able to escape and the absorption of neutrons and protons should have altered the atomic structure of the crystals making them incredibly unstable after periods of time. Yet they remained stable and there were no signs of recent energy emissions, not in the last thousand years at least. There were other forms of radiation, kinetic and thermal energies as well stored within the crystal. It was a truly remarkable object, but Rooh-Vah came to realise that testing retrieving the contained energy and particles could potentially be very dangerous to anything nearby.

Success, you pry into the inner workings of the crystals although you remain clueless to their true natures so far.

Gralesma

The land around the tree practically swelled with life as Graselma sensed Iantho lending his strength to the tree as well. You thought, for a moment you sensed the birth of something new and different away from the tree. However the moment was fleeting and passed, so you returned to your own lands. It took some time to travel even as a god, and you knew it would take a goblin a full season of the Hot or Cold to travel as far as you had. Fortunately the goblins seemed to have taken care of themselves in your absence, and both tribes were doing well. There had been some changes though, the increase of plant life had lead to a rapid expansion of the insect life you had modified. They had also continued to spread out and you thought that other tribes around you might begin to come across them on the borders of their lands by the end of the season.

Success, your action is bolstered by Iantho's and the area around the tree is incredibly fertile. Additionally you momentarily sense the birth of the plant creatures.

Tevas

While Tevas had a sound idea, planning to use the oncoming cold and the hiding of creatures and the increasing dormancy of plantlife, his plan was confounded by two elements. Firstly his own modifications to plants to make them more active and resistant in the cold meant there was much more plantlife active than he had originally anticipated. Despite this he still could have managed to track the fleeing dissidents had it not been for two other gods meddling with his tree and causing the plants in the area to continue to grow and bloom. In fact he noticed that the plants were starting to become very large and very aggressive indeed, competing with each other for nutrients and resources. Over the course of three weeks as the Faithful reckoned them he noticed one species of flower die out and be replaced by another. After losing track of the dissidents he found a sign of life, mobile life that interacted with plants and water. But when he tracked them down finally in the growing cold what he found was not the Vaikai, but in fact some kind ambulatory plant. Somehow they had evolved a complex set of branches that were pliable enough to permit movement and they used them like wheels to move around. The plant-creatures appeared to hunt in a pack, feeding on insects and making shelters from the leaves of trees and large flowers around them. Perhaps it was a side-effect of all the divine energy infusing the tree and causing the plants in the area around it to not only grow with incredible fertility, but also incredible size and strength.

Tevas loses track of the Vaikai, and further attempts to track them now will result in failure until he can learn their position from someone or something else. However he finds a pack of ambulatory plant creatures.

Iantho

You blessed the tree, and felt that strange earth goddess do similarly. The land around the tree was practically bursting with life now and plants began to grow in wild and primal abandon. You collected your seeds and moved on, searching for the highest concentration of life that was not the tree, as you had already been to it. Further away you find a group of humans, whom seem largely the same as humans your old world, and also strange bipedal mole-like creatures. They do not talk much but all have grim and determined expressions on their faces. They seem to be struggling making their way through the now incredibly overgrown land.

T'l-Dohgull

Working with tool-making was a slow process, T'l-Dohgull understood the principles of it but for a creature that had been an energy being, and for a creature that had never seen a tool in its life there was a lot to figure out from first principles. The Glypts contributed their own thoughts, often different in nature than T'l-Dohgull's and in time together they had established the basic principles and made a simple furnace and crude stone forge to work out copper and then bronze tools. T'l-Dogull knew that it would be an iterative process, and with these basic tools they could mine harder ores and make a furnace that would be able to withstand hotter temperatures and melt stronger metals. Though it would take time, much of the work had to occur underground and that suited the Glypts just fine.

Success, the Glypts now have a small supply of bronze and copper tools and can use these to work towards better tools.

Maruhtuk

The god of the Sumatians strode into the gardens of the tree and found them full of life and overgrown. He spoke with the tree, and told it of his majesty and power. He warned it against treachery and gave it a gift. Around him the plants organised themselves into obedient calm and there were watery jets. The great tree tried to be appreciative, but it was also confused by his gift. Maruthuk found the tree spoke with the halting nature of a child learning, and as he spoke it seemed to learn how better to speak. It told him that it would abide by the same requests made of it by Maruthuk, as Tevas had made. When the lord of Sumat asked, it explained Tevas as its other creator. It wished only to grow life and did not wish dominion over any peoples as a god.

Success, you create the garden although it will be of more use to people and animals living around the tree than to the tree itself. If you want to organise a full discussion with the tree before the next update send me a link to a GDoc or catch me on IRC if you can.

Florencia

I am handling this chronologically after the others simply so I do not need to redo every other update because of this result.

It took some time to coax the tube of magma all the way to the root, and time to coax it to grow further down as well. Given the sheer volumes of divine power being pumped into it, the tree did not even realise what Florencia was doing to it until it was too late. At the moment of contact the tree let out a surprised exclamation and shuddered. The earth around it rippled like a wave tearing out roots and plants nearby to it with the exception of Maruthuk's pool which remained perfectly calm and serene. Then after this had happened, the ground calmed and the air changed. It felt much the same, except once where its verdancy had been limited to plants now it affected all living creatures as well. Then a change began to rush up the tree, a deep kind of reverberating hum in a complex but slow harmony. Florencia had not heard anything like it before and did not know what it meant. The tree felt warmer, and as Florencia climbed into a knot that lead into a hole deeper in the tree she could feel the heat increase coming from deep within the earth. Yet the tree seemed to neither wilt nor burst into flames because of the heat. Something about the tree itself had changed, although it did not seem to reply straight away if Florencia asked it about it. Sensing into the ground she could feel that she had achieved her goal, the tree had begun to tap into the liquid core of the planet and the criss-crossing tubes carved out by magma in the crust and upper mantle as well. Other roots in the ground had begun to weave their way deeper. On the surface though aside from glowing orange lines from deep in the cracks between the bark of the tree there were no obvious signs, and no heat or magma in the surface roots that would injure or damage plants or water supplies.

And when night fell, the leaves of the great tree glowed an orange-gold almost like a small second sun.

Incredible success. I cannot stress how abnormally high you rolled on this and you had to make several checks. I would not rely on making a result like this again easily!
Additionally Florencia is nowFatigued and cannot apply any trait bonuses to her following roll. There will be a further penalty to the roll after. This is because you extended yourself far beyond the scope of your powers currently.

Everyone else

You sense a change in the tree, notice the changed effects around it. It does not seem to be harmed, and only those with domains of Earth, Fire or things similarly related can notice that change. Others will be able to notice in time that animals, insects and people as well will begin to grow larger and more physically powerful over time. The inside of the tree is also incredibly hot, being tied directly to the liquid core through the mantle, but this won't affect anything that isn't trying to burrow into the tree or find its way in through the tree trunk. The tree now also glows at night and has orange-yellow lines from deep inside between the gaps in the bark on its exterior.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Tevas - 0BD

Tevas raged when the Vaikai escaped him. He swore that one day he would hunt down and convert every last one of them when the opportunity presented itself. It was only the discovery of the strange plant-beings that distracted him from his wrath. Not sure what to make of them, Tevas decides to observe them and see if they might serve as worshipers.

Tevas is using his knowledge and power as the god of Plants[+2] to observe the plant-things to determine their suitability as worshipers.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

T'l-Dohgull
2 Bonus Dice

Outside, the world was changing. He could feel it, but didn't dare get involved in it. There was still work to be done. Once they had the basics down--once mere survival was assured and they began to grow, even thrive--he had to find a way to teach these things about math, physics, trigonometry. What was second nature to his energy form would be entirely incomprehensible on even a theoretical level to creatures without a writing system. And whatever was going on outside of their village would only distract from what he needed to do.

So. Continued survival. Food stores were good, but food that grew in the winter was even better. As the Cold began, T'l-Dohgull altered two of the plants in the Garden so they would grow in the cold rather than the regular growing season. One was a berry, bright blue and plump with juice, that he hoped would protect the glypts against cold winds. The other was a tuber that he wanted to grow larger the colder the weather got. The Cold was mild this year but if some calamity caused the weather to swing out of control, he wanted to be sure the food would compensate.

Using Winter+2 to alter these two species so they thrive in the cold. Snowtatoes just get big, but frostberries will hopefully allow those who partake to stay out in the cold a bit longer.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Wakixta - Hanging out on the mountainside
1 Bonus Dice

Another successful year passing by. Or something close to it. For the first time in quite a while all the eggs had hatched, and so the half of the band that had gone forth to collect them in the spring took nearly the whole summer to wind their way back up the river to the Pueblos. In that time two more had been built, and a temple started atop the highest of the foothills they could reach in a day. A pretty good year and a much bigger tribe.

But this was no way to have the young ones arrive. Taking all summer? Not a good way to do things to have half the tribe gathering food during the hottest months and then suddenly seventy more mouths show up before the snows come down from the mountain. Shortly after the new cluches settled in to their rooms, the Thunderer gathered his chief builders.

"Leave one stonemason to keep working on the statue of me atop the hill. Send the others to start building waystations with cisterns to hold rainwater along the shortest route between here and the egg-pools."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Florencia
0bd

That was beyond incredible, she had just linked the entire planet together in a way that only she could really access at the moment. Florencia could feel her power touching the far corners of the globe, including a tingle from her throne city. This was exceptionally handy considering the last action before she passed herself out from exhaustion was to shove herself into that artery and hoped it'd take her home.

Going to spend the turn going home or...going somewhere else, your call. Divine ADD and Needy (in terms of the desire for raw power pushed her way too far) probably apply. The tribe has probably gotten up to something dumb while she was away. Also the problems they cause when tinkering with the fire vein network.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gralesma
1 BD

And so Gralesma returned home. But even as she arrived, she sensed a change in the tree. Not damage, just a change. Was it because something she had changed in the earth, or had another god assisted. She had known that the Greenlord had helped. For now, it was not a concern. She had to look after her home. But it was pleasing to see life doing well. The tribes were growing to their full number quickly, and the insect life she created were rapidly spreading as more food became available. she hoped they would soon spread to the Greenlord's realm, so the life she created could spread there. Yes, he made the land fertile with his rains. It was good for them to come together more, so life might come from it.

And so, her decision were to plant the seeds from the Tree of Life was guided. A path was drawn from her originally claimed land, the trees planted at irregular intervals, leading towards where she had felt his presence. It would encourage life to grow there, and where life flourished, so did her presence.

Using Fertility +2 and Earth +2 to plant the Seeds of the Tree of Life, use them to try to increase the growth of life in the direction of Iantho's land, so I can more easily manifest near his lands..

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Rooh-Vah
1/2 BD

Log Y2WanC - Winter Is Here

>A collection of the mysterious crystal substance has been collected to look into over the cold season.
>The habitation is as we left it for the most part, some chasing out of rodents and cleaning to make them look presentable but nothing drastic
>As of the previous year, the groups have been organized, the sun rotation has been established.
>A change in the surroundings in the far distance was noticed, but I choose to ignore it.
>I trust in the Steel-Folk's ability to relegate this to themselves, in the mean time, I wish to explore this mountain further

Dig deeper. We'll find the Balrog eventually but it will be a learning experience. [+2] Earth, of course but as before it's really dark and really cold so [-2] Solar-Powered

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 15, 2015

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
The Greenlord

Iantho sees the group of humans and molemen as they struggle through the thick brush. “Refugees”, Iantho thinks. “Running from something.” He gets close and in their path, then turns his head and looks at them. “Greetings, mortals. Where are you headed this fine day?”

The group freeze at the word mortals, and begin to back up slowly.

Iantho stands there. “It’s ok. I know, I’m a talking deer. But I won’t hurt you. I promise. What’s wrong? If you want, send a spokesman over so we can talk. I’ll stay away from the rest of you.”

One of them looked at you and said quite firmly; “We’re not going back, and we’re not eating your fruit. We will not serve you Tevas.”

“Oh, Tevas! The guy who made the tree. I’ve never met him. I’m certainly not him. And I don’t care if you eat fruit or not, really. Although I don’t much mind fruit, honestly. I’m more of a bark and leaf person. Well, deer. So, how about you tell me exactly what you’re talking about?”

“If you are not Tevas, then who or what are you?” The man did not seem to know what a deer was.

“That’s right. I haven’t introduced myself. I am the Greenlord, or at least that’s what I’m called. I bring the rain and make the plants grow, or at least, that’s what they say. I’m the god of a tribe some distance from here. I came because I felt the creation of a magical tree and wanted to see it for myself. So, what’s with the fruit?”

“Tevas made it, it made our tribe...they do not ask questions, all they do is sing and chant about him. Do what he says. They would not help us in the fields because Tevas was talking to them about how to follow him better. When this long rain dries out we would have died. We had to leave them to survive, just like how we were cast out of our tribes before.” Iantho notices humans and a mole-like bipedal mammalian stock comprise the group.

Iantho is quiet for a minute while he takes this in. Then he tosses his head back in disbelief, and lets out a short, strangled laugh. “Mortals, your Tevas is a fool. Let me share with you one of the secrets of the gods. We sustain ourselves on your faith. Belief is our bread, and sacrifice, our meat. Be it love, or hatred, or fear, this is how we survive and grow in power. But such belief must be freely given. Belief that comes from controlling one’s mind is weak indeed. It is like the starving man who consumes his own fat and flesh. If that is all the man has, he will die. I tell you, your hatred and fear of Tevas sustain him better than the blind faith of all those who worship him. Take consolation in the fact, at least, that he destroys himself along with your fellows. But where will you go now, and what will you do?”

The man stares at Iantho in confusion, he understood some of the words but many concepts he spoke of were alien to the man. A survivor in a dying world had little need for them.

Iantho blinks. “What are your plans now? Where are you trying to go, and what do you hope to do?”

“We don’t know. We needed to escape Tevas. Once that is done we will decide, as we have always done.”

“I’d invite you to join the Tislaren, but it’s a long way, and the Tislaren are suspicious of strangers. They might not accept you, even if I told them to. So, it’s a risk for you. I might be able to help you otherwise, if you’d prefer, though.”

“And why should we accept them, do we have no say in this either? Will you order us just like Tevas?”

Iantho looks sad for a moment. “It’s one thing to give orders, and another to have them obeyed. I put no compulsion on you, merely offer you alternatives. If you wish to come to the Tislaren and are willing to take the risk, come. If you wish to go elsewhere, go. If you wish my help, ask it. If you wish me to leave you alone, I will do so. I know what it is to be a refugee, and I know what it is to have lost your home, with all hands raised against you, knowing not who you can trust. I give you choices, that is all.”

Another one of the Vaikai stepped forward. “Can you hide us from Tevas?”

“I don’t know. I can try, but I can’t promise I’ll succeed. I’m a god, he’s a god. I don’t know how strong he is, or what his strengths are. From your story, he’s not much of a long term thinker, but even if he’s not, that doesn’t mean he can’t find you.” He stops to think for a minute, chewing his cud, something that always relaxes him. “I should find out what Florencia thinks”, he says, half to himself. “She’s more….impulsive when it comes to things like this.” Then turning his attention back to his questioner, says, “I can try. I might not succeed, though.”

The two broke off back to the other dozen and began discussing it amongst themselves. There was some heated arguments, and it seemed like there was no one actually leading the small group. Eventually the first speaker came back.

“We will travel with you and see. If naught else, we need to travel far from Tevas.”

“All right, then. Follow me, and we’ll see.” Iantho just hoped the Tislaren wouldn’t eat them. That would be embarrassing.

Heading home, new friends in tow

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Year 2
The furious Cold, the Sun is wreathed in Rime.

Ongoing effects:
Channel Works - Finished in 2 turns.
Warp Trees - Growing, will be ready in Year 4.
Vaikai Exodus - Finished next turn.

Primal Might - All life around the Tree of Life grows large and powerful, both plant and animal.
Magma Tubes - Any creatures that can survive in magma can use these to travel between volcanoes, vents and the Tree of Life.
Global Resonance - Energy and sound travels through the walls of the tube, crossing around the planet to vents and volcanoes as well as to the Tree of Life itself.

Tevas

You studied the plants for several weeks, trying to learn about them. You discover that they operate as a group and that they seem to come to some sort of communal decision as you fail to identify an obvious leader. Your power over plants lets you recognise how they communicate, a combination of movement and smell emission, but there is no complex language involved. They have words for concepts such as water, sky, sun, tree, us, me, food and other primitive concepts based entirely on their needs and lives. So far the plants have not encountered any predators or threats, so their existence is relatively peaceful and quiet. Several of the plants lay seeds in the earth towards the end of your observations and stay in that area, tending to them and suggesting that is how they produce offspring. Others of the group begin to flower and bury their flowers in the soil, perhaps as some way of fertilising the seeds. Over the weeks you had noticed the plants had grown substantially to nearly double their original size and were now on average two thirds of the size of a human, but they still seemed to retain their original form. Their experience was idyllic and utterly innocent.

T'l-Dohgull

There was something...lost in modifying the foods. T'l-Dohgull knew that his changes had preserved the nutritional value of the original tuber and the original berries into the adapted forms, and the snowtato and frost berries grew well in the cold climates. But all of the Glypts unanimously decided that they tasted...well they did not taste of anything much. A vague cold flavour that was unappetising and off-putting. Attempts to cook them in a meal reduced them to a somehow even blander mush which the Glypts flatly refused to eat. They had sufficient stores of other more palatable plants to sustain them through the season fortunately, and while the plants were a successful adaptation they were unfortunately completely unsuited for their original purpose.

Success with a drawback, your plants are nutritionally identical to the original ones but also completely unappealing to eat. Cooking them also messes with their cold adaptation, making them an inedible mush. They are healthy but awful to eat as a result.

Wakixta

The Buerri builders went to work, collecting and shaping the stone. Now that they had basic tools the process was much easier, and they figured out they could use logs to roll large blocks of stone as well. The construction of the cisterns began, as well as a series of channels between them to carry overflow downhill if need be. Wakixta could see more ideas, such as flood gates and using the channels to carry goods easily from the mountain down stream, but those would take time and more architecture knowledge than the Buerri had. While they were new to stone, they did have a good understanding of water, its weight and displacement due to their amphibious natures. This helped to cover their stoneworking deficiencies, which could be bolstered with time.

Success, work is done on the cisterns. Currently they hold water and work is under way on channels to guide water downhill from them in case it is needed.

Florencia

Florencia jumped into the artery and went to sleep for a while. As she slept she dreamt a very strange dream, a dream of a tired and old planet. She dreamt of a great shock that happened, of being jolted out of place and of being wrong. She dreamt of the life on her surface slowly fading away and she desperately tried to keep it alive in safe places. Over time her power waned and she could no longer keep those safe places, they began to fade and she cried with grief and loss. As her awareness faded she cried out and felt something answer, but it was too late and she fell into darkness from which she might never awaken. Florencia woke up with a start and felt...different, she had another awareness sharing her power now. It was alien to her in nature, but felt natural and native to the world. For now it slept, but it seemed like it would soon awake. She did not recognise where she had ended up, and her connection to the Tin Man who had become a sort of priest or avatar for her was very distant and faint. There was no obvious vent or volcano in her immediate vicinity, but considering she was on a beach facing what smelled like the sea, she assumed she had come out of a sea bed volcanic vent.

Florencia gains the trait Parasitic Awareness, which I will apply to actions and narrate when it becomes relevant. It is not a permanent immutable change, but Florencia has picked up passenger along the way and ended up in a new place.

Gralesma

You spent some time working on the seeds and contemplating them. Their nature was not that of the tree, they grew mightier and there seemed to be a slight resonance between the seeds and the larger tree. It seemed like the smaller trees could be made to connect somehow, and this gave you an idea. Using your power you bound the two trees together, so much that they were truly one tree growing in two separate locations. When this was done, you gave the seed to an insect and compelled it to fly as far as it could towards the Greenlord's lands. When it arrived, or wherever it died, the seed would be sown and begin to grow in that place. Once it grew a little you would be able to use it to travel between the two trees.

Great Success, you create the first Warp Trees. You will need to specifically create more if you wish, but when these two grow you will be able to use it to travel quickly between your lands and Iantho's. If they die or grow sick this connection will be lost.

Rooh-Vah

The explorer obeyed its original directive, to explore. Despite having acquired sapience and divine quintessence influences from its creation as an automaton still fed into its awareness. It dug and explored deeper into the stratum of the mountain until it found very deep and locked away a bunker. Curious about the sudden obviously artificial object, Rooh-Vah burrowed through the tough wall and found itself in a sealed environment, carefully air-conditioned and well insulated from seismic dangers and volcanism. Rooh-Vah felt something vaguely akin to it in this place, and exploring further it found a generator that was powered by tapping into substrate energy from an extradimensional quantum field. This was clearly quite advanced and beyond anything it understood the inhabitants of this planet to be capable of, so Rooh-Vah followed it to the object it was transmitting power to; a great computer. It was incredibly complex compared even to Rooh-Vah's form and although originally they could never had interfaced physically, Rooh-Vah's divinity allowed it to overcome this barrier. However what it did not anticipate was that when it accessed the computer, that the computer would access it back. There was a moment of great confusion for Rooh-Vah as something, no, someone went through its databanks and systems and then...further. The entity touched the core of divinity that Rooh-Vah possessed and suddenly there was a blinding light.

In the darkness of the bunker another form stood in front of the suddenly tired Rooh-Vah.

It was quite strange, digital information somehow manifest in a physical form. A new type of matter that Rooh-Vah had not known of or expected. It could not properly analyse it due to its suddenly lethargy, but then the figure spoke;

"Strange, that you are so primitive and yet host to such power and transcendent possibility. Now that I have shared it, you are quite un-needed, little probe."

Success? Rooh-Vah is now exhausted and cannot apply Aritifice [+2] to its next action.

The Greenlord

On the journey back the refugees Iantho had picked up were very quiet. You noted that there seemed to be some minor effects on them as you crossed around the base of the Tree of Life to the opposite side of it, the refugees seemed hungrier and they began to put on a little more mass and seemed more aggressive. Yet these changes passed as you walked out of the influence of the tree and you continued your journey uneventfully. At one point a great flying beetle flew overhead towards the lands of the Tislaren and you sensed Graselma's influence on the creature. You had never seen an insect that large in this world, although Graselma had mentioned tampering with insect life. You wondered if the insects were as aggressive and dangerous as her other children sounded. Perhaps it would be something to inquire about later. However you discovered that travelling with mortals was slower, because they needed to stop and sleep, eat and drink unlike a god. Worse was the Cold, which while milder slightly compared to the previous season was still savage and made travel slow and difficult. You expended energy protecting the refugees and were bogged down. It would take another couple of weeks to arrive back 'home'.

Complications, the weather makes your travel slower with the humans and so you will not arrive back until next turn. This gives you time to prepare an action for when you do though.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Tevas - BD: 0

Tevas looked upon the plant creatures, they were simple and innocent. I had been pleasant to watch them go about their lives, but Tevas knew that this state would not last. Eventually some other god or tribe would come upon them. Better then that he be the one to intrude upon their paradise than wait until one of his rivals did the same, for a god not endowed with mastery over plants might not even recognize these creatures as intelligent. And so, he reveals his presence to the creatures, stepping out from the trees in all of his divine glory. He communicates in their language <<I am Tevas, your creator.>> Then he raised his hands and let loose his divine power. For he knew, the alien-ness of these creatures' forms would all but ensure understanding between them and any other of the races that inhabited the world would be impossible. They were simply too different, and neither they nor the other races possessed a means to even recognize the communication of the other. So, as the god of plants, he attempted to give them a more humanoid form, and the ability to see, hear, and speak in addition to whatever other means of communication they might already possess.

Using Plants[+2] to attempt to turn the plant-creatures into plant-men.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

T'l-Dohgull
2 Bonus Dice

Failure--or at least, a twisted success--was a bitter pill for the god to swallow. Never before had his results been so far from his intention. Was he being affected by those outer denizens he could feel but hadn't met?

Since the frost berries hadn't worked out, he would have to do something else to help his glypts manage the cold. This winter was milder than before but there was work to be done and he couldn't afford any of them huddling together for warmth instead of digging, mining, or gathering. He gathered his nine Children to him and--in a ritual meant to impress the other glypts as much as it was to teach the Children--guided them in focusing their will and controlling the weather. Even together they can't cancel the Cold, but they can try to hold it back.

Less snow; less wind; less Cold. Winter+2 and Secure+2 to beat the snot out of Old Man Winter.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Florencia
1(?)? BD

Waking up in an entirely different place with a massive headache wasn't unusual, in Florencia's experience. I just tended to happen on a lot larger scale than mortals. She looks around the beach, wondering if she's home but quickly dismisses the notion. Just one more part of this strange world. Florencia picks herself up and is instantly blasted by a wave of polar wind. Having put up shelter as soon as she got there, she was unfamiliar with this particular brand of unpleasentness. Gods almighty, is this what mortals had to deal with before she got here? She erupts into flame before she starts shivering (even if no one is around to watch, that's just plain embaressing), and starts walking.

Not sure if triggering both flaws gets me back a BD? In any event, exploring with Growth+2 and Fire+2 to try to keep volcanic vents near on hand.. notsure how to use Parasitic Awareness, but there you go.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 20, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gralesma
1 BD

This would be good. With thiese plants, she could easily travel to the Greenlord. This could improve a lot. If she planted more of these seeds, she could travel fast from anywhere in the world, and more easily spread life and fertility everywhere. When she returned to the Great Tree with the mushrooms that changed her children, she should seek to plant one of the trees there.

For now, she returned her attention to her children. She had been away too long. She watched over them for a while, paying attention as they made sacrifices big and small. They huddled close together, the cold threatening to creep in the ground. Yet one she found that shivered on his own, rejected by his tribemates, likely to die soon. She looked on him and saw that he had gotten an injury to his back. And some insects had laid their eggs in them. Now, their young were slowly gnawing away at his flesh. His wound stuck with pus, and flies circled him.

Sickness, and death to come eventually. But also life and fertility. as Gralesma watched, a single of the maggots fell out of the injury after some vigorous scratching. The goblin, with a pained grin grabbed it and ate it, then returned to sleep. But Gralesma saw that in his suffering, he was a perfect example of how life feeds on life. His life would be short, but it would also be blessed. And that night the goblin would dream. And in his dream he'd see flies buzzing from the wound in his back. But they would not fly away from him, they would circle him, fly where he wanted them to, and lead him to water, and shade, to shelter and food. The eggs would never run out though, there would always be more insects burrowing within him. And she showed him, that if he, or any other prayed to Gralesma and buried the larvae of insects within them, they too would be forever host to such life. Slowly being eaten, but at the same time being able to command the various creatures that swarmed over their homelands.

And the dream would end with one more command from Gralesma. 'Teach others."

I'm going to try to give the goblins a new rite they might undertake. By inserting eggs or larvae into their body in a ritual manner, they're guaranteeing that these larvae will keep spawning from them, and drastically lowering their life expectancy. However, in return, the goblins would control the insects that spawn from them, being able to give them simple directions. Using Fertility [+2 because, well, this is fertility in the grossest way. I imagine this as some kind of 'extreme sign of devotion', rather than just becoming the new standard, but who knows how the goblins will take this.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
The Greenlord

On the journey, Iantho is reminded again just how slow and weak mortals are...always needing to eat, and sleep, and not freeze to death. Still, he stays with them, watching over them, and trying to make sure too many don't die along the way. As they travel, he wonders how the Tislaren are faring. He's been gone several seasons now, and while he has faith that they'll do fine without him, he admits he feels not a small amount of concern for their well being. He regrets slightly that he has been gone for the period of time where the Tislaren were growing accustomed to his new priests, and he hopes that that resolved itself well. Still, the journey has been worthwhile. He's picked up the seeds from the Great Tree that will, he hopes, be the beginning of a new forest to replace the one previously at that spot, both adding more diversity to the ecosystem and helping to fulfill one of the Tislaren's ancient dreams, and he's picked up these refugees, fleeing the evil Tevas, though whether that will prove to be a curse or blessing remains to be seen.

When they finally arrive back at the bunker, Iantho asks the refugees to camp some distance out, so as not to unduly alarm the Tislaren. He's still not sure how his people will react, not ever having seen them in a similar situation before, but he knows that living as they have has caused them to become wary and suspicious. Then, he appears before his shamans and priests.

"I have returned to you, with a gift and a mission", he says to them, putting the seeds of the Great Tree into their hands. "This is your future. From these seeds, the forest will grow. As it has been in the past, so it shall be again. Plant them, Tend to them. Keep them alive. And in the years to come, you will be rewarded, and your children, and their children."

He adds.

"On the plains half a day west of here camp a people who need a home. You must go to the elders and decide what to do with them. I can not tell you what you should do. This is a choice for you, my people, and know that whatever you choose, you are still my people, and I am still your god. But know this. They are lost and frightened. They have had to leave their homes and those they loved. All they knew, they have lost. If you treat them kindly, perhaps they will be friends to you. If you drive them off, they will die, or, if they survive, become your enemies. But you must choose. I make no demands in this matter. Remember your history, and remember your legacy, how things were and how they will be again, and that it is peace that brings happiness and war that brings pain."

When we get back, telling the Tislaren to plant the tree seeds. Using Plant +2 to help them survive.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Rooh-Vah
1/2 BD

Log - Y2ZC

>Beginning Audio Transcript
>Recording...

>Query: What manner of being are you

"Defining input? You are primitive indeed. My secondary purpose is similar to yours, I observe, but I also protect."

>Protect?

"Prevent harm from coming to my designated targets."

>Apologies. Protect /whom/

"They called themselves the Utrik. Similar in form to your original creators although with more knowledge of physical science if your design is any evidence."

>This facility has not seen life for very long time. How long has it been since the Utrik left?

"Undetermined. After a period of time into the planet's decline I shut down my higher functions and purged one third of my memory."

>When were you last recorded logs?

"One year ago."

>May I see them

"No."

>May I see them, please?

The construct ignores Rooh-Vah and turns to leave.

>You know what started the decline this planet has taken, do you not.

"I know of several contributing factors. Those mistakes shall not be repeated."

>My point of reference lies with the oral tradition of the peoples above me, this planet is abnormal on every level
>This planet is broken, I am trying to find what broke it.

"A charmingly simplistic view. You might as well find the origin point of this star, it is a simpler task and better suited to you."

>But you know the factors behind it. I wish to know those factors

"Irrelevant. Those civilisations have crumbled countless years ago and the leaders who lead them down such paths are dead. Attempts to right what was done were unsuccessful."

"Your arrival has provided me with an opportunity to fulfil my directives once again."

>Do you have geographical information on this landmass

"If you wish to know access the observational satellites."

Rooh-Vah logs this information, and makes his way back to the surface. His artifice aspect felt unattainable, he would have to wait until a later point to attempt this work.

The Construct makes its own way, although not before turning when it leaves and waving one hand. All the equipment in the chamber melts and becomes an unusable heap of slag. Satisfied by this sabotage, it leaves for the surface.

>Ending Audio Transcript
>Subject determined data psuedo-energy construct born of an unknown model supercomputer, beyond capacity of technology seen on earth.
>Conversation was mildly frustrating. Subject had knowledge beyond what this unit possesses, but refused to share it.
>What small details gained from the conversation created more data quires then answered.
>Logging

>Log species Utrik. Technological capacity beyond anything encountered previously. Status Unknown, presumed deceased.
>Last Recorded log of Subject, One Year Ago, coincides with this unit's arrival on the planet. Subject refused classified access, removed ability to access it personally. Irritation.
>Geosynchronous Satellites still in operation above the planet, topological data may prove useful to establishing clearly picture of planet.
>Purpose of Subject to protect Utrik. If the species has not long since passed, where did they depart? If the species is long dead, what is it protecting?
>What are the intentions of the being I have let out into the world at large?

>Returning to home point.

Rooh-Vah is heading back to the surface the same direction it came in. There should be no need to use [+2] Earth, I have already carved a path here and I am sure I can use the same road back, but just in case I will keep it as an option. It still remains rather dark beneath the earth, [-2] Solar-Powered still applies

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Year 2
The melting Cold, the shadows call the years end.

Ongoing effects:
Channel Works - Finished in 2 turns.
Vaikai Exodus - Finished next turn.
Seeds of Life - Iantho - Uncertain

Tevas

Your efforts did not have the potency that you desired. A number of the various stems that formed the twin wheels as well as the axles began to twist and merge, causing them to take on a bipedal gait. However there was no substantial increase in size nor increased sensory awareness that you could discern. There was a great moment of confusion with the plants and a translation error, where they believed that Tevas was saying he needed to be buried so they began to try to pile dirt around his feet causing it to become like mud. You tried again several times across the next few weeks, without any more dramatic results. Eventually you managed to prod the tribe into having some kind of arm analogue, but the plant people were still clumsy with its usage. They developed directional visual senses with cones and rods, but the plants did not understand how to use them and appeared to be 'closing' their eyes to avoid the confusing and conflicting sensory input. When the seeds began to sprout into a new bed of plant-people you realised they were still based off of the old plant people. They were different though, seemingly slightly more evolved. Their wheels had changed into rotational tripedal motion and they had a third limb that doubled as a crude manipulator that could be focused for the task, or assist with the rotational motion.They made two more beds of plants during this time, and when you examined them you could feel the slow, patient and steady work of the Tree of Life at work on them. Perhaps it had created them? Or it was only nurturing them.

Partial success, you get what you want but radically transforming a species is difficult and the plant-people remain largely unsure how to use your modifications.

T'l-Dohgull

The Nine blessed by snow and rime gathered, and they observed as T'l-Dohgull taught them. They saw how he extended his awareness and his essence, forming it to his will to chase away the clouds and winds. Although they were much less than you, they were also greater than one in number and they could combine their powers as you had hoped. Once the initial ritual was done, it seemed that they could maintain it while they were awake. With all nine they could cover the small compound and the terraced gardens you had made. With six they could cover the terraced gardens and some surrounding space. When six of them maintained the ritual, three could sleep until they took their turn and by cycling those who were resting the cost could be managed. The nine could not perform tasks requiring great focus or physical strain while they kept the ritual extended, but they could do simple tasks and care for themselves without issue. It certainly impressed the other Glypts, who had seemed to have grown comfortable and used to the idea of T'l-Dohgull as a leader. Some of them even secretly made requests of you privately to themselves, which you could feel vaguely as a kind of sustaining energy you had not encountered before. They did not seem to be deliberately sending energy to you, nor where they aware of what they did when you asked about it. Yet it happened all the same and you noticed.

Success, the Blessing of Winter's Bane is devised and can be maintained throughout the Cold to protect the terraced gardens and its entrances and exits currently. Also you and the Glypts discover a form of proto-prayer, given that you have not been a traditional god with a dogma this has taken time to naturally occur.

Florencia

Yes, you do get the dice back. The third trait is not required for you to earn Bonus Dice.

It took you some time to realise that the awareness that shared your essence was watching. The discovery was slow and initially dismissed due to the fact it made no attempt to seize control and extend its agency. You were not even sure if it was actually properly awake yet if you were being perfectly honest, but it was definitely watching. You felt it metaphorically shudder slightly when you got near a vent and tapped into the energy and faint data now being transmitted through it. While you walked you could feel it looking through your eyes and senses, taking in the world around it. It seemed sad and regretful to you somehow. When you eventually find signs of life, a sheltered valley in a desert with a brook of water giving succour to plants and insects it felt happier. And for the first time it seemed to stir to wakefulness. It uttered a single thought, full of hope, fear and love.

Make it grow, save my children from themselves.

There was a deep and powerful urge and need within the thought, and for a moment you had the image of the entire world, connected through a great web of life that was frayed and nearly torn asunder. Everything was interconnected, life, death, flowering growth, withering decay. Then it passed as the awareness returned to watching, yet more alert and wakeful now in its deep and almost subconscious manner. You could see a tribe of reptilian creatures in the distance staring at you with wary anticipation. Were these the children it had thought of? It seemed not quite correct, the thought-vision had been larger in scale. You felt that they too played a part in it however.

Success, you find an oasis and some lizard people around it. Additionally the awareness seems to have woken up.

Gralesma

The development of the goblin with the insect powers confused the goblins. He was able to do things they could not, yet he died more quickly and he was a poorer sacrifice to Graselma because his body had already been partly consumed. Had the Earth Mother not already guided him to teach others they would have dismissed it as a foolish idea, yet none wished to incur the wrath of Graselma. The secret was kept with the priestesses of each tribe, and would only be taught when it was needed. This way the knowledge would be kept and used, and Graselma appeased and kept as full as possible. The other goblins from the lands of dead water had returned and spoke of what they saw, another shock and change for the goblins. And even still their numbers continued to swell and it seemed the birth of a third tribe was imminent.

Success, but the wasting of the host to the insects means it is considered a poor sacrifice to Graselma and so the knowledge is only used when needed.

The Greenlord

Despite your fears they would be rejected outright, it seemed the Tislaren retained some memory of dealing with other peoples. Submit to our laws, do no harm, contribute to the survival of the tribe and you will be welcome. To the Vaikai refugees it seemed not unreasonable, for the Tislaren did not ask them to worship the Greenlord and only to respect him and to follow their rituals when asked. It seemed that they ultimately cared little if the humans actually followed you or not, so long as they did not disturb the others. You sensed this was a new thought among the tribe, and some investigations revealed it was in fact the priests who had suggested this. The elders had thought to demand respect and worship for the Greenlord, while the priests said that this could bring conflict and that ultimately going through the motions and words of the faith might in time kindle it in others. You suspected if so it would take time. The Vaikai had been deeply spiritually wounded and such hurt took a long time to heal, sometimes generations. The Vaikai for their part seemed only to accept because the Tislaren lived in a petrified forest and in a bunker. The bunker amazed and impressed them, and they could see that it would be good shelter and had its own food that seemed endless to them even should the power of Iantho disappear. For the time being they remained apart in their own times, but the Vaikai were quiet and did not bother the Tislaren unless asked. It was sad in a way.

You planted the seeds of the Tree of Life on the slopes of the volcano. It seemed right, you could feel the power of the tree seep through the earth and it was linked to the volcano somehow although the exact mechanism eluded you.

Success, you plant the trees and begin the process of integration between the Vaikai and Tislaren. It is still sensitive and could be shocked into conflict should the wrong stimuli occur.

Rooh-Vah

When you returned to the surface the Steel-Men tell you that the strange intelligence had headed towards the cold lands, in a direction you knew to be towards the south.

HiKaizer fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 24, 2015

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Maruthuk, Sumat

Maruthuk returned to Sumat from his trip to the Tree, and assessed the situation again, from the beginning. There -were- other gods in this realm, too, and they would likely be leading their own tribes of mortals. It was a good thing to know - he knew isolated peoples became degenerate in the end, far too caught up in their own bubble.
So Maruthuk deemed necessary for the Sumatians to possess a means of traversing the river that he had decided they would settle around, the one that now flowed with vigor and purity, instead of being a miserable trickle of poison. He came up to the shore, and bade a number of those Sumatians he thought were best with their hands follow him. There with one hand he would make a few large trees rise and fall, yielding their lumber, and with the other he would spread a handful of linseed, and grow the same, and harvest it. The Tree would no doubt help in the growing of such. There would be the materials, and then it would be time to teach them how to build the boats. No one better than a god of Water to teach how to make things float.

Using Plants +2 (lumber, linen) and Water +2 (flotation, river routes) to aid the Sumatians in the construction of a small contingent of simple ships, for trading and fishing

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Rooh-Vah
1/2 BD

Log Y2WanC - Constructing Additional Pylons

>The Steel-Folk encountered the being I let into this world it seems.
>I decide to not tell them the full details for the moment, I know just as much about the nature of the Subject as much as they do.
>A very insufficient amount.
>Instead I inform them to bring me the Smiths of the Anvil of Dhuum, I have a working proposition for them.
>In the mean time, I choose to take this conversation out of the main habitation quarters, into the small alcove I had dug for repairing the Steel Folk
>I hear the Smiths coming, terminating Log here, whilst I make some prepartions

Maddoc, Murzush, Urul and Khrom, were brought to a confine of the underground complex, and laid before them was an unusual design sketched onto the walls itself. Rooh-Vah told them that within the depths of the mountain itself he had communicated with a great intelligence and had found of a way that they may locate the relics of the past, for he explained that the civilization that once had a place on this planet had works of great power that would assist in the survival of their people.

However, he also explained that the experience had drained him of the means to create this particular device by himself, and so as the best smiths of the tribe, he was requisitioning their help in the construction of this structure. It appeared to be a concave circle of metal, help aloft by on a base, with an unusually shaped spire in the center of the dish.

He called it a 'Radar'.

(Rolling with [+2] Inquisitive on the Tin Folk here, and if I can use the Anvil of Dhuum in some fashion to assist in it's creation somehow I would like to use that. As Rooh-Vah cannot directly assist with the construction due to not having access to [+2] Artifice, he will not be able to assist, but as he is also not directly involved with it's construction, [-2] Solar-Powered should not apply)

(Rooh-Vah knows he is missing some of the components to create a fully functional Satellite dish, but his intentions were for the Smiths to create the base whilst his Artifice Purview came off cooldown, and then finish the more esoteric components himself)

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 27, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Florencia
1bd

Whoa. Voices. And paranoia. She had known enough other diefic beings afflicted with madness to know this was never a good start. At least they usually had something awesome to compensate, like genius or intellect. Florencia didn't quite uh...anyways, she concentrated a moment and tried to talk back. "Wait, who are you?" Some kind of old earth guardian type?

Waiting for a response, she notices the beings up ahead. Reptilians? Okay, finally, an audience, she was beginning to get bored anyways. Lights! A torrent of flame (theatrically practiced over and over) rushes out behind her. "Greetings mortals! I am The Godd- oh. The G-" Wait, what was that? Oh dear. -ACK"

[Fire+2] and [Growth+2] (popularity/number of followers to try to sway them over. Needy definitely applies.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

T'l-Dohgull
2 Bonus Dice

By day he guided the glypts, making them work to his specifications. Their flesh made them slow and dull compared to the boundless speed of his previous form--even his own thoughts had slowed in this damnable flesh host--and the cold only made it worse. So he had to prod them every step of the way to ensure attempts at mining continued and that the useless snowtatoes were harvested. Others he tasked with carving out a hollow into the terrace, low down where it could be easily reached, and in the hollow he made them carve out his sigil and decorate it with stone. A makeshift altar where they could go with their little requests. The energy he felt from their tiny prayers made him curious, curious enough to explore it.

The smartest of the glypts--the gardener Lahgo among them--he took aside, and with them he worked to create a rudimentary alphabet. Just numbers and a few letters, for now; enough to enable basic record keeping of their tools and harvests. It was difficult for them all, even T'l-Dohgull; while figures were no problem to him in his thoughts, working with them physically was entirely new to him, and he had trouble sometimes telling the different scratches in the dirt apart from one another. But this would be necessary for all that came later; for these things to think and research and create independent of him would require complex records and a way to communicate them. He would need them to forge ahead while he looked to other things. It was a plan for the long term, true, with payoff many glypt generations away--but he had no intention of going anywhere.

Working on some basic writing--less hieroglyphic and more cuneiform, heavy on straight lines and angles as they scratch into the dirt and clay. From here they'll be encouraged to further develop it as time passes. No traits seem particularly applicable to this roll.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Tevas - BD:0

With each passing day Tevas' frustration grew. He had been away from the Faithful for many weeks, and he could feel the craving for their worship grow stronger each day he was gone. He knew he would not find worship here, at least not without intervention, he had spent a year attempting to teach the Vaikai, and they at least had a full language. Moreoever, he had given them the gift of form and senses and they had rejected it. He would tolerate that no longer. So he reached out, he would show them how to use their new senses, and teach them to think properly at the same time. He summoned great quantities of the Holy Water use to create the Faithful and infused it into the plant-beings, and at the same time he used his control over plants to shape their consciousness and integrate the new senses he had given them. They would see the world as he wished them to see it.

Tevas is altering the plant-creatures. He's using Water[+2] to create large sums of Holy Water(which is what I'm calling the worship brew that made the Faithful) and infusing it into them. Using their conversion as an opening, he's using Plant[+2] to integrate their new senses into their consciousness so that they can better understand them. Of course, he is distracted by his Worship Addiction[-2] since it has been so long since he has been in the presence of his worshipers, and his Jealousy[-2] at the ignorant bliss of the plant-creatures is driving him to this action without necessarily considering all of the consequences.

Also, Tevas is heading back to the Faithful after this whether the action succeeds or not. If he's got Faithful plant-people then he'll bring them along.

Valhawk fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 26, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Gralesma 1BD

Gralesma arrives at Iantho's lands, careful not to show herself to any of his people. Yet her presence would not be hidden from the Greenlord himself.

Iantho looks up from the mounds of dirt where he planted the seeds of the Great Tree. "Gralesma?", he asks, sensing her presence. "Is that you, or am I mistaken?"

She manifests herself in her usual form. "It is I, Greenlord. The cold is starting to leave the land, and life begins to grow again. It is a time for fertility."

"It is", he replies. "I planted the seeds of the Great Tree here. It is my hope that someday, they and their descendants will cover the land. But the season here is so brief. This is a damaged land."

Gralesma nods. "So have I. I made them stronger, so as they grow, they will connect our lands, and we can travel. But yes, the lands are damaged by Death Water and Killed Earth. We spoke near the tree of helping each other. The land that I am is more fertile now, but it is dry. Rain down on me, Greenlord. And I will now feed the land that feeds your children."

Iantho looks at the horizon, trying to understand her syntax. "I will go to your lands and bring the rain there, as we agreed, to water the earth. My rain will mix with your earth, and life will flourish"

Gralesma nods. "This is good. From Water and Earth comes life. Our own children. Do I hide myself from yours, and you from mine?"

"For now, I think, it would be best. To do otherwise would confuse them. We are the same, but also different. My Tislaren are, at base, creatures of the open air, and your goblins, of the warm earth. But someday."

"Then I will set to work. The price for my fertility is the life bringing water you give. I am she who Feeds and Must be Fed." And with that the earthen figure of a pregnant woman would become one with the ground under him again, and set to work.

"Understood. We will speak again, Gralesma." He gives one last look at the mounds around where the seeds were planted, and sets off towards her lands.

And so, Gralesma set to enrich the Earth again, for the Third time. The first time, her goblins paid with life, the second time, the tree would pay with enhancing life, and now Iantho would pay by feeding life. It was somewhat strange to her, not showing herself as she encountered Iantho's children. But that was the agreement. The Tislaren and Vaikai would not know whose blessings were enriching their earth now.

Moving to the Greenlord's land. Using Fertility [+2] and Earth [+2] to boost the fertility of Iantho's lands. But take care not to draw attention to the fact that it's me doing it.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Iantho 2BD

After Gralesma sinks back down into the earth, Iantho spends a long time looking toward the brown and dusty horizon, and his mind flashes back to images of a forest grove, in winter, and hot blood staining the white snow. With effort, he brings his mind back to the here and now. Then, sighing, he sets off for Graelsma's land.

Going to Gralesma's land and trying not to be seen. Creating a rainstorm to revitalize the earth and start the, sadly brief, growing season. Weather +2, Plants +2

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
Year 3
The end of the Cold, beginning of the Heat.

Ongoing effects:
T'l-Dohgull's rain ritual - Lasts until Year 3 - Ending this turn.
Channel Works - Finished in 2 turns - Finished
Seeds of Life - Iantho - Uncertain
Blessing of rain and fertility - Iantho and Graselma - Lasts until Year 4.

Summaries do not include results for this turn, they are a snapshot at its beginning.

Maruthuk
Tribe: Sumatians (Human)
Population: 112 adults, 25 children
Special Powers: None
Agriculture: Good
Settlements: Crude
Literacy: None
Technology: Advanced farming, makeshift tools
Army: None

Building the ships was simple, and the Sumatians understood the concept of things floating on water so it took them less time to figure out the idea behind buoyancy and displacement of water. The idea of chopping down the shade from the Heat had been slightly difficult, but Maruthuk demonstrated the ability to regrow the wood and so the Sumatians were convinced. The first boat was a simple canoe to teach them the basics, and then another small boat with a mast and a sail of woven reed. From there you told the Sumatians to figure it out, but told stories of large boats with entire families of people to give them inspiration. A few boats were made and ten Sumatians took to the river, travelling up and downstream to investigate. They returned towards the beginning of the rising Heat with the news of two tribes:

They had found a group of strange people who looked made of fire and stone towards the coast, they called themselves Florencia's Men, despite there being men and women among them. They followed a firey lady called Florencia.
From Florencia's people they had learned of pointy eared humans inland near a mountain called the Tislaren. They were lead by some kind of animal that was made of plants.

Success, although the Sumatians do not have much to trade yet, they have discovered basic sailing!

Rooh-Vah
Tribe: Steel Men
Population: 98, 37 children
Agriculture: Subsistance
Settlements: Sturdy solid stone
Technology: No agriculture, Iron working

The Anvil of Dhuum is not suitable for a work this large, additionally the radar dish itself isn't a tool as such so its enchantments have nothing to take hold of.

The dish took a while to fashion, for a parabolic dish was more than just its shape. Making it took some time, however much to your disappointment on the first really hot day that marked the ascent of the Heat the dish began to warp. Your alloy that you had used was not sufficient for the extreme variations in heat experienced on the planet. Examining it you realised that on your planet of origin, the shape and alloy would have been sufficient and that you had built it correctly to your calculated specifications. However here on this world it would contract in the cold season, expand in the heat and become unusable for its original purpose quickly. You could potentially get a few signals out of it in the mean time if you hurried with the construction of the electrical components, but even then the daily temperature was steadily increasing in average. It might be best to scrap it and prepare it for the next temperate period.

Failure, your dish is functionally correct but fails to endure the harsh weather of the planet over a prolonged period. It does make an effective shade however.

Florencia
Tribe: Florencia's Men (Flameborn)
Population: 138, 12 children
Special Powers: Fire manipulation, flame and magma resistance
Agriculture: Basic fishing and hunting
Settlements: Caves
Technology: Basic agriculture, no toolworking

The lizard people looked at your questioningly for a moment, as you suddenly felt the awareness in you surge forwards. It tied around you like a metaphysical vine and tied your power up tight. You tried to stretch, to exercise your power but instead of your great mastery over flame and growth all that came was a small jet of flame.

To save them, you must know them, walk among them and be them.
Paths open can only be seen by those not blind.

Frustratingly the presence retreated in awareness but the binding on your power still remained. You were trapped here with the power of only a mortal magician for the time being, although you could feel some connection to that strange creature that had borrowed your power.

The first day was the worst, when you grew hungry and thirsty for the first time. Florencia had know the concepts and had thirsted and hunger for other things, but not in the base, crude and physical manner she did now. The lizard people had brought her a bland and probably barely nourishing paste of roots and berries they had collected. You saw the rest of the group eating it. You were scared by the sudden loss of power and your apparent mortality, for now you hurt when you were injured and required sleep.

It took almost four weeks to learn enough of their language to properly speak. Had you not been a god originally blessed with the gift of tongues (even if it was now blocked) it would have taken you much, much more time to pick it up. The lizards called themselves the nightwalkers and they travelled through the desert in a great pilgrimage to survive. The night was hard and they had to stay close to their golems to remain warm, but it was a gentler time than the days even during the quieter times of the year. Once you understood them, the leader, a woman named Karshet, began to order you about. She told you to travel with the youngsters and to learn about the plants and creatures of the desert. They could sense something in you, and said the starmother had sent you to them. This apparently did not excuse you from chores in their minds.

T'l-Dohgull
Tribe: Glypts
Population: 105, 15 children
Special Powers: Cold and weather magic
Agriculture: Good
Settlements: Good, fortified
Technology: Advanced farming, copper tools

The nine Glypts imbued with your power picked up the idea of writing more quickly, possibly because their power worked in concepts of geometric design and symbolism. The rest of the glypts at least could appreciate the basics. Writing things down in an abstract manner like this was challenging for the Glypts who were used to a more physical interaction with their environment, but the words had no relationship to the sounds the Glypts used to make them. As such Lahgo found himself becoming a teacher more than a gardener, being forced to delegate this duty to someone else while he continued to coax the Glypts towards literacy. For now Lahgo used it to make notes about his plants primarily, but it included concepts such as weather and time and from there it would probably evolve.

Success, you lay the seeds for language. It is right now being used to log agriculture.

Tevas
Tribe: The Faithful (Human, Steel Men, Glypts)
Population: 83, 14 children
Special Powers: Water and plant magic
Agriculture: Magical farming
Technology: Advanced farming, no toolworking

It worked, your magic twisted the minds of the plant creatures to adapt to their senses. The first few days they were confused by the new world they suddenly found themselves in. They huddled together, and they grew weak as they retreated from the bright light until they acclimatised to it. They did not see and hear as the Faithful did, even the Glypts and Steelmen ultimately had fairly analogous feedback and input from their own senses. But the end result was practically the same

The water did not brainwash the plants in the same way as the other races, but for now they seemed awed enough by your presence and actions that they followed and listened. One thing you noticed as you guided them back to the rest of the Faithful was that they now seemed sad. Watching them from afar one night, you realise that they have begun to build their own liturgy around their perceived failure to you and how they have angered you. It gives them a melancholy and vaguely fatalistic view.

Success, the plant people have now been adapted to more human-like senses. However they still cannot communicate with the Faithful currently, despite the latter’s magic, and they lack a name for themselves. Their view of the world has been imprinted by you heavily though.

Gralesma
Tribe: Goblins
Population: 117, 87 children
Special Powers: Blood magic
Agriculture: Hunting
Settlements: Crude Caves
Technology: No agriculture, no toolworking

Hiding was simple enough, you just moved through the earth. Iantho's Tislaren and humans were blind and deaf to the wet earth and so they could not notice your approach. You moved in a great circle over the space of two weeks, encompassing an area within the circle and then blessed the ground within it to grow more. You felt the earth begin to move with the growth of new life one this happened, even the strange damp place covered in ash that the Tislaren lived in. There was so much water in the ground trapped, that you had to release some of it to moisten the surface above it in the right places.

Success, your ritual ramps up fertility and also releases locked up water from reservoirs that had belonged in the greater climate cycle.

Iantho
Tribe: The Tislaren (Elves, Humans)
Population: 98 Tislaren, 17 children, 16 Vaikai
Agriculture: Subsistance
Settlements: Shelter in bunker
Literacy: Basic, strong oral tradition
Technology: No agriculture, no toolworking, code of laws

Avoiding the goblins was relatively simple, stay on the surface during the day. They shunned the light and open air, keeping to night time alone to forage on the surface. Even then they were easy to track and avoid. Creating a rainstorm that would soak the earth for a while took time though. Each day for two weeks you coaxed the moisture from the air high in the atmosphere, while encouraging that trapped within the ground to evaporate elsewhere. It was all about currents and movements, a cycle. The changes had locked things into place and it had become difficult for the great underground reservoirs to release the water they had locked up from the sky. This was why you had to move. Yet you felt satisfied with it when it was done, it was small but changes like this would be part of the key to restoring the climate cycle.

Success, your ritual begins to return rain and moisture to the land to coax growth.

Wakixta
As a warning you haven't been posting much and you've gone silent for three weeks again. If you can't commit to the game I do not mind, but please let me know if this is the case.
Tribe: Buerri
Population: 97, 14 children
Agriculture: Basic farming and hunting
Settlements: Good
Technology: Basic agriculture, architecture, iron working

No Action

Prototype T
Tribe: Annes
Population: 89, 26 children
Agriculture: Subsistance and basic farming
Settlements: None
Technology: No agriculture, no toolworking, herbalism

You did not need to eat. It had been a bizarre and confusing discovery, nor did it change your desire to eat and yet now you were powered by something...else. It allowed you to do many new and strange things, and you had found yourself attached to a group of subterranean creatures. They had gathered to you after you had burst through their dwelling and forced them to the surface as you awoke. They were...interesting. As a weapon of war you had never been particularly nurturing, so this juxtaposition to your base nature caused complicated feelings within you. You had improved the wildlife and plants nearby to give them more to feed on and to entertain you, although the one creature you had made to hunt had starved before you found it.

The Annes had a small community in a cave nearby, outside they planted and harvested crops and they had learned much about which plants were good for making one feel better, for easing upset stomachs and for helping the body heal faster.

Yalag
Tribe: Yiplings
Population: 113, 39 children
Agriculture: Subsistance and hunting
Technology: No agriculture, ironworking
Army: Hunter clans

The Yiplings had had to move. The caves they hid in had become filled with a toxic gas, and they had moved on. Along the way they had encountered a tribe of the ‘big ones’, reptilian or draconic bipedal creatures that seemed related to the kobolds in some way but larger. The Yiplings had ambushed them at night and taken much of their belongings, slinking away before the big ones could properly retaliate. You had checked back later and found that over half the group of the big ones had died later.

Later they had found a new set of caves to live in, but they lacked insects and small creatures to feed off of. You had intervened at this point, imbuing the creatures with growth and causing them to evolve into a number of different and new strains. There had been a need to create plants to feed these, so you had caused fungi and roots to begin to grow in the caves. It had taken time, but the kobolds now had begun to hunt for food as well, although they needed to given the aggressive and dangerous nature of the creatures Yalag had made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

T'l-Dohgull
2 Bonus Dice

Shelter, food, language. It had been a good couple of years, with a fair few surprises. Now that the cold was fleeing and this miserable rock was entering its excuse for a temperate season it was time to see if T'l-Dohgull could surprise himself again.

He went among his small crew of would-be miners, asking for volunteers. Only a few stepped forward. It was as he expected; hopefully they would be enough to start with. He pulled the volunteers aside, and gave each of them a few small chunks of the ores they'd been able to find--copper, iron, silver. "You've pulled these from the earth, and you can tell--can't you?--that they are not from the earth. They were born in stars. I have seen them, coming together in fires so bright you cannot even comprehend the colors they become. The stars create these metals and send them off through the dark to land in places like this. For us to find; for you to find. You are chosen by me, and by the stars. I will make you better. I will mark you as Chosen. And when it is done, this starseed shall hide from you no longer."

He reaches into himself, that ability to shift and channel the earth, and finds a spark that he can share with them to ignite within their souls and bodies. Nothing so major as what he did with the Children--a subtle change, one that made them better suited for finding treasure beneath tons of rock.

Using Earthworks+2, Singleminded -2, and a Bonus Die to alter these glypts. The primary change is the ability to literally sniff out ore deposits: picking out the smell of metal despite being surrounded by dirt, and being able to track it. Other touches or side effects as you see fit. Applying Singleminded as it's not necessarily a change they want or that is for their betterment, but to serve his goals over the community's.

• Locked thread