Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Last year NBC did The Sound of Music to great ratings success, but it was kind of a clusterfuck, at least partially owing to an underwhelming Carrie Underwood performance.

This year, we've got some more legit talent on stage: Allison Williams is Pan, Christopher Walken is Hook. My large bottle of Bacardi rum will play itself.

Let us rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm not sure if I have hopes for this but I sure am curious.

I couldn't stand to watch more than a few brief glimpses of the Sound of Music.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I didn't watch any of Sound of Music, but I can't wait for Walken.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't understand what the children are saying at all. Also couldn't NBC afford better live cameras than what they're using?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
This is gonna be great.

Though the shameless nepotism is probably going to be the only memorable thing

Soulwrangler
May 15, 2005

But the kids love us.
I wish they'd just adapt Scrooged.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I literally can only understand half of these kids, between soft kid voices and english accents that are insanely hammed up it's a struggle. Wendy's pretty decent though so far so that's really all that matters.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

lelandjs posted:

I can't understand what the children are saying at all. Also couldn't NBC afford better live cameras than what they're using?

This was a big problem last year too.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Kelli O'Hara :allears:

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
I'm watching tomorrow, but fingers crossed for "nah, THIS time's totally not racist" super-loving-racist tiger lily

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel like a CGI tinker bell is cheating somehow.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Glenn_Beckett posted:

I'm watching tomorrow, but fingers crossed for "nah, THIS time's totally not racist" super-loving-racist tiger lily

Think they'll even have What Makes the Red Man Red? Like, no matter what the natives are gonna be racist, let's just go all the way NBC.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
The cameras are one thing. The Tinkerbell effect is quite another. Yikes.

Soulwrangler
May 15, 2005

But the kids love us.

lelandjs posted:

I feel like a CGI tinker bell is cheating somehow.

a spotlight/flashlight would've worked better and cost less.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

The cameras are one thing. The Tinkerbell effect is quite another. Yikes.

Seriously. I think I'd have preferred the junior high school drama class standby of a kid offstage with a flash light.

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Think they'll even have What Makes the Red Man Red? Like, no matter what the natives are gonna be racist, let's just go all the way NBC.

Hum numma numma numma HUM numma numma numma

Soulwrangler
May 15, 2005

But the kids love us.
holy crap there's 3 hours of this

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Any clue yet that they might lip syncing?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soulwrangler posted:

holy crap there's 3 hours of this

I thought there was gonna be regular ad blocks. It appears I was wrong. An intermission maybe?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm not gonna lie, I like Allison Williams so far.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress, quote is not edit.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

:stare:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

Any clue yet that they might lip syncing?

They've only shown closeups on Allison Williams singing so far, it appears she is actually singing.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Regy Rusty posted:

Seriously. I think I'd have preferred the junior high school drama class standby of a kid offstage with a flash light.

Seriously, I can't believe I'm hung up on freaking Tinkerbell. It feels so petty, especially given the logistics and pressure of a big live TV production.

But it's so bad.

At least I think Allison Williams is kinda killing it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Allison is miles better than Carrie Underwood, but it's not quite there.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has Allison Williams ever seen a chicken?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Tatum Girlparts posted:

That's the Disney cartoon, idiot. This is based on the broadway musical.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

lelandjs posted:

I thought there was gonna be regular ad blocks. It appears I was wrong. An intermission maybe?
There will absolutely be commercials. You can't capitalize on ratings without selling ad time.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
not lip-syncing, but the music sure sounds canned
yow, that last shot before commercial was tight

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Irish Joe posted:

That's the Disney cartoon, idiot. This is based on the broadway musical.

I was making a joke on how no matter what version they use the indians are a hilarious relic of cartoonish racism. I'm sorry I made you mad.

Soulwrangler
May 15, 2005

But the kids love us.
That lost shot really ruined the fun miniature thing they were doing outside their home.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Oh man, I'm not sure about those miniatures.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh god that Paddinton movie looks so, so bad.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Seems like this should have been split up into 2 nights. Who's sitting down to watch this for three loving hours?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Basebf555 posted:

Seems like this should have been split up into 2 nights. Who's sitting down to watch this for three loving hours?

The booze helps.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
^^^Oh poo poo don't tell me some of you itt are sober. Yea, I thought the assumption was we were all drinking while just powering through this.

Basebf555 posted:

NBC is hoping for lots of hate watchers.

No seriously.

http://www.npr.org/2014/12/04/368308833/hate-the-idea-of-peter-pan-live-nbc-is-counting-on-it

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I was making a joke on how no matter what version they use the indians are a hilarious relic of cartoonish racism. I'm sorry I made you mad.

Sorry you're mad that a story written over a hundred years ago utilized contemporaneous tropes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It worked well enough for them last year so I guess enough people will be tuning in.

The singing is definitely more tolerable this year so I'll give it that. Now let's get to Walken!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

^^^Oh poo poo don't tell me some of you itt are sober. Yea, I thought the assumption was we were all drinking while just powering through this.

NBC is hoping for lots of hate watchers.

No seriously.

http://www.npr.org/2014/12/04/368308833/hate-the-idea-of-peter-pan-live-nbc-is-counting-on-it

Those wily bastards

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This is three hours? Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
We're just here for Walken, let's be honest.

• Locked thread