Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Some time in 2006 i found a gif of a man wobbling a giant dildo towards another man with a toy gun, they were both in suits, this is how my forums name was born. I thought this was the bees knees and decided to follow this gif and see where it came from, i don't know if it came from SA or whatever, but this is where i ended up.

Lurked for a year in GBS until a irl friend said it was SUPERIMPORTANT TO HAVE A LOW REGDATE AND TO REG ASAP BEFORE 2007, so i did. Spent my time reading stories and watching bad photoshops.

It took me ONE YEAR to notice that there were other forums than GBS and i left to Games and never looked back. LPs were starting to be popular and the first VLPs were starting to roll in and i ate that up like it was cock on a Saturday. LP got its own forum and i went there. Then it got poo poo.

Went to PYF to laugh at funny images for a while. Except for Synthy troll posts PYF was poo poo and i was dismayed.

Then GBS got interesting and here i am, what about you???????????????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
somebody in the clock crew linked me in like 2003, and then everybody stopped reading this sentence because the only reason to come into threads like this is to talk about yourself, not read about other people.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

Cubone posted:

somebody in the clock crew linked me in like 2003, and then everybody stopped reading this sentence because the only reason to come into threads like this is to talk about yourself, not read about other people.

:golfclap: nice form & agreed

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Sometimes I post. Sometimes I don't.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

i would tell you, but you probably wouldn't read it anyway.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i got probated once for quoting goatse. since when is posting the goatman not acceptable?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Noblesse Obliged posted:

i would tell you, but you probably wouldn't read it anyway.

i am literally sitting here waiting to read forums careers

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
The highlight of forums career was when I found out that the forums software didn't actually check the size of avatars except by reading the header so if you spoofed it with a byte editor it'd accept any image

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Dongattack posted:

i am literally sitting here waiting to read forums careers

i get probated for real lame things like saying something isnt badass in the badass pictures thread.

like if they posted a goat in the chicken thread you have to say its a chicken because it wouldnt be in the chicken thread if it wasnt a chicken.

ya im still mad about it so what?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
career: white noise poster. never read.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Something something... Many years..... Something, just had pseudo argument on Internet... Russia. Jpg

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I was a 14 year old when i joined

are there 14 year olds still joining today?

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
I shitpost every day to the best of my abilities.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Keeping true to the Peter Principle, my forums career has elevated me to my highest level of incompetence, and I think it shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZiF2qjQAJU

BadTitude
Feb 15, 2003

Not so curious after the war.

LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I became even more gay, then died.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
I started lurking in 2005. In 2006 there was a magnificent thread about some idiot getting upset that a bookstore carried the Sex Bible. It warmed the cockles of my heart so much that I bought an account, and I've made thousands of lovely posts since.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
seems like your posting career story ended right about where you registered op

mine has stories and anecdotes but who gives a gently caress

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
No one gives a poo poo about anyone

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Neukoln19 posted:

No one gives a poo poo about anyone

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:regd13:

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
Pretty fuckin simple - I am the single greatest poster that has ever graced this forum. That sums it up.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
my sole purpose on somethingawful now is to hunt down forums user gunky junket and sacrifice him in a bog

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I started with the Let's Play forum but then I got bored of watching other people play videogames and started looking at the rest of the site and made a few posts here and there for a while before GBS got fun so now this is where I post the most.

I like everyone on GBS they're my friends.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

career: white noise poster. never read.

background radiation crew

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
"highlight" of my "career" was giving away hundreds of 4 year subscriptions to maxim and stuff in coupons, back in the day.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I started posting here in 1999 when I founded this website

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
it's bad

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
poo poo post

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Lurked throughout 2004, averaged few posts a day for a few years, disappeared when this place went sour, came back when the reign of terror was over. Exciting stuff, I hope Carl weathers plays me in the biopic (I'm not African American but dude has the range to pull it off IMHO).

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I had something written out but I hit some kind of bullshit word limit. So I just made a video instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY8WEMm_ZzI

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i, too, am permabanned poster niggerstomper58

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
a friend gifted me this avatar after i had the stupid newbie one for ages. he asked what i wanted and i just said surprise me

tails butthole has since drawn the ire of basically anyone who directly responds to one of my posts and it's funny but also kind of annoying because i wish i could just talk about things without my avatar negating anything i have to say

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Cyra posted:

a friend gifted me this avatar after i had the stupid newbie one for ages. he asked what i wanted and i just said surprise me

tails butthole has since drawn the ire of basically anyone who directly responds to one of my posts and it's funny but also kind of annoying because i wish i could just talk about things without my avatar negating anything i have to say

change it then

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
eventually they stopped barfing. The end.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i got permabanned from a different forum called forumopolis because my secret santa gift didnt make it and i was 15 and didnt understand tracking numbers or shipping so i couldnt really prove i sent it amd someone named slowpoke at the time bought me this account, three years later i posted my dick in gbs to get some pedophile artist permabanned and now i post in byob a lot thats about it. oh i used to post in ycs a lot instead of byob for awhile

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

One time like ten years ago I didn't gently caress a dwarf

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
got a gold rated thread in GBS nothing to brag about you all made it happen I just captured the opportunity

love you all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

One time like ten years ago I didn't gently caress a dwarf

gently caress the midget

• Locked thread