Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
The fox bit was daft, doesn't help if someone whispers BOOM BOOM in your ear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Maldoror posted:

except, what is the point of the first half

i like seeing kirsten dunst being a miserable bitch

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

Maldoror posted:

The movie isn't about the planet hitting the earth it's about depression, her self destructive behavior destroyed huge parts of her life and the disease prevented her from feeling emotion . The planet is an escalation of that destruction.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
it was misogynistic and pretentious op

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
women were originally the downfall of man and are essentially more in tune with the cruelty and incomprehensibility of nature thanks lars dude

also the sexual violence that should be accompanied by yakkety sax

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

bonvivant posted:

women were originally the downfall of man and are essentially more in tune with the cruelty and incomprehensibility of nature

this except unironically

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Ruddha posted:

It's good to know, that you love it times infinity.

Were you gone? I feel like you were gone, and now you have come back.

Welcome back. I missed you.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Maldoror posted:

To see John hurt troll udo kier with the spoons

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Were you gone? I feel like you were gone, and now you have come back.

Welcome back. I missed you.

thanky ou for being nice to me, im always here

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

fun fact: willem dafoe had to have a stand-in for his dick because it was so large that viewers got confused when they saw it

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

MegaGatts posted:

The movie isn't about the planet hitting the earth it's about depression, her self destructive behavior destroyed huge parts of her life and the disease prevented her from feeling emotion . The planet is an escalation of that destruction.

also according to von trier it was about how rock bottom depressed people are better at handling catastrophes emotionally than healthy people because they don't give a gently caress what happens to them

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

which is a really dumb point to make but I still liked the movie

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Torka posted:

which is a really dumb point to make but I still liked the movie

i don't think that was the 'point', just the inspiration for the movie. i think the actual point of the movie was more that depression is debilitating and horrible.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Highly Unnecessary posted:

fun fact: willem dafoe had to have a stand-in for his dick because it was so large that viewers got confused when they saw it

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
he hired shai la beef for nymphomaniac which elevates him to the levels of michael bay and sean mcnamara, makeing him a goodd irector

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Reposting for relevance:

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Das Boo posted:

Reposting for relevance:

so how did watching that together go

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Torka posted:

Mutual jacking, Polly.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Europa is a good Trier movie ppl should see.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Happened to watch this for the first time tonight. Entertaining flick, but not what you'd call "subtle". Some of the more intense scenes I've seen, but I'm open to better suggestions. Agree the kid's feet was a good hint something serious was about to go down, we went back and noticed the kid's shoes were backwards in the beginning scene (along with statues and wood cutouts depicting the three beggars).

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

MegaGatts posted:

He's the most effective director working. It's just that he doesn't like his audience and wants them to feel bad all the time.

nymphomaniac is literally the only film he ever did where he wasn't drunk and/or tripping on something

riget is still far and away the best thing he ever did and he personally hates it

bonvivant posted:

women were originally the downfall of man and are essentially more in tune with the cruelty and incomprehensibility of nature thanks lars dude

he talked about being in the friend zone a lot in a recent interview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Torka posted:

Not so good.

• Locked thread