Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
"You're right Ken, we should put a track with vocals on this one, we need to branch out"

"hey everyone check out this boutique reverb pedal I just bought"

"TWO Crescendos?!? In ONE song?!?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
everyone find a pair of skinny jeans that fit? good! now we've got ourselves an album gents

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
I hate that journalists pigeonholed us into the incredibly broad 'post-rock' genre, so let's allow said journalists to dictate the stylistic course of our band!
We are now an unlistenable noise/sludge/doom/drone band with no discernible melodies!
We're really into it!

*audience completely abandons band*

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Guancho posted:

everyone find a pair of skinny jeans that fit? good! now we've got ourselves an album gents

It's our fourth album ffs, you'd think we would at least have this part of the process down.

oh by the way guys, Janice knows this amazing indy filmaker from Kingston who is looking for a score for his first film. He's going to be in town next week and you should all meet him

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
we play black metal now. hello itunes commercial

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Personally I think we should go for a Rubber Soul style sound, but really mix it up by putting in this recording of my parents having sex.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

lets make it half as long as the last three

lets make the cover art solid white with maybe a slightly darker image of a cloud or some seagulls

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hey guys I heard how you all been wanting to do a cancer album so I have been drinking a lot of toxins and while I don't have cancer now I have this finger growing out of the side of my chest so maybe that can be a concept album?

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Look Todd, I'm not saying that "And The Spirits of Yearning and Regret Will Guide Your Way for Eternity" is a bad title per se, it's just that when I say we should have shorter song titles, I don't think "the label said we can use as many words as we want, so let's get our money's worth" is really a good counter-argument.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
a song where i just whisper "im gay" while a mariachi band plays in the background. It'll be called "Dancing in the Moonlight"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

het posted:

Look Todd, I'm not saying that "And The Spirits of Yearning and Regret Will Guide Your Way for Eternity" is a bad title per se, it's just that when I say we should have shorter song titles, I don't think "the label said we can use as many words as we want, so let's get our money's worth" is really a good counter-argument.

lol

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
*one guy writes all the music*

*entire band records their tracks separately and no longer speaks to each other on tour*

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Look guys, I designed this track so its like origami. You can "fold" over certain sections of the song over itself to create a new song! Yeah, I know it sounds lovely by itself, but trust me our fans will really appreciate this!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
"OK, which of us gets to be the Nick Cave of this band? I kinda feel like it should be me, but James also can't hit a high note so I want everyone's input."

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
Well no, I haven't learned how "play the keyboard" exactly, but I think a synthesizer would be a great way to add some really interesting texture to some songs. Look what happens when I twist this knob! wait poo poo I think it's this one. wait poo poo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

*samples toilet flushing*

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

let's ironically do a hair metal song as the bonus track.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Lift Your Faggy Fists To The Sky And Praise The Glorious Sun For Its Never Ending Crescendos Of Light And Dark That Sculpt Our Land

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Trees and Squids posted:

Lift Your Faggy Fists To The Sky And Praise The Glorious Sun For Its Never Ending Crescendos Of Light And Dark That Sculpt Our Land

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Well every song on this album was inspired by fast food and how its being shove down our throat. That is why the CD comes in burger wrap.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I want credit for helping, also.

"What do I do?" How could you even ask that??

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
guys we can't all have beards one of you shave it into some kind of mustache

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Look guys, I don't want to be the rear end in a top hat here but Robby hasn't been on the ball lately with his rhythm work. Now I know you think it will change our sound if we let him go but I found out that if I loop a note of feedback through a delay, reverb, fuzz, reverb, phaser, delay, reverb pedal chain it sounds almost exactly the same.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Okay, let's make another CD with lots of passionate high energy songs we've always been known for.

*Throat gives out easily, get winded after one song*

gently caress, we got old... let's just make a more mellow, moody sounding CD.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
BAND MISSION STATEMENT:
(crescendo + pulsing vari-lites) + (climax + strobes) x ∞ = $$$

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I drew posters for our next gig does anybody have money for Kinkos?

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Otto von Ruthless posted:

Well no, I haven't learned how "play the keyboard" exactly, but I think a synthesizer would be a great way to add some really interesting texture to some songs. Look what happens when I twist this knob! wait poo poo I think it's this one. wait poo poo

*doesn't want a faggy keyboardist on stage*
*hires a synth-guitarist for upcoming tour*

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Oh sure, that's a beautiful melody, it really is, Perry. But is it achingly beautiful? Hmm? Does it actually hurt to listen to because it's so good? Because that's what our fans expect, it's what they demand, and it's what we're loving going to give to them, or this band's name isn't This Life Is Terrifying But Ultimately Worth Living Because Music Is The Air That We Breathe

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
guys... i'm tired of opening for Hootie & The Blowfish cover bands, maybe we should lift our twitter and facebook embargoes?

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
instead of having normal song names, let's make them all hashtags so they trend on twitter easier

#NoVocalsUpInThisBitch

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Look I just feel like we already lost touch with our roots, and this is only our fourth album. Like we should never forget how we got started, in a basement listening to The Joshua Tree in stereo with a broken right speaker.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Trees and Squids posted:

guys... i'm tired of opening for Hootie & The Blowfish cover bands, maybe we should lift our twitter and facebook embargoes?

Let's ensure our fans can only buy the new album in physical stores. I'm sure they won't mind and will respect our decision.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
Okay you guys, listen, this can't be revealed publicly, but the A&R guy told me that if we release another single in the same spirit as "My Soul Is A Broken Tractor", then Hyundai is showing a real interest in using it as the background track in their next series of Sonata commercials. It has to be a little more uptempo of course, but whatcha think? That's a good five or six figures in the bank

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

We wrote this song about our Google plus fan group.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just Make It 5/4

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Hey we only lost $9,000 on this tour, suck it pomplamoose

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hey guys since we are local I got us a spot at Floufest! Its 6 AM on opening day, so not much of a crowd is going to be there but its something!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
I know you said we wouldn't get any more pedals, but I know a guy that swears he can score us a first run Klon for only $2,000, which is a loving steal and would really make the lead on "corporate lawyer blows a senator to feed his heroin addiction" come alive.

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

OK we need the lights to dim here, and here, and here...and then we need a spotlight on John when he plays his 8 minute solo...what do you mean we don;t have any money for that? It's loving lights!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
gently caress the record label if they won't give us the $6000 we need for the Continuum Fingerboard. I need the Continuum Fingerboard to explore and navigate the sonic textures that define our ensemble. What about kickstarter?

• Locked thread