Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Photomode: making the internet think racing games look better than they actually do since Gran Turismo 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Setting lap times and taking pictures of cool cars is much more fun than it should be.

http://imgur.com/a/rYhku

:jackbud:

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Driveclub: Pokemon Snap 2k15

e: I love that second pic^

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That second pic is not from a video game. There is no loving way.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Everything would look even better if the PS4's jaypegs weren't so full of compression artifacts.

Covering it up with grain effects works well enough though

A Handed Missus fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 18, 2015

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

A Handed Missus posted:

Everything would look even better if the PS4's jaypegs weren't so full of compression artifacts.

Covering it up with grain effects works well enough though

You can switch over to PNGs now, one of the recent updates patched it in.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Cute as heck posted:

You can switch over to PNGs now, one of the recent updates patched it in.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

this solves everything

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
That's one hot tip! Ty

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
Just got the game. SA:Screenwritersblues PSN:njweirdo

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

I got it too! I'll send you a club invite - I think we need two people to do stuff in this game, and it's not very active. PSN phentyn

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This game...kind of owns? Certainly a good racing lite-sim until the next Gran Turismo. It kind of reminds me of Need for Speed: Shift.

PSN: Kirios86

Please add me...need to be in a goon club and racing against goons so you guys can see how bad I am

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

Has videogames gone too far?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

God drat it.

Sony closes Driveclub developer Evolution

quote:

Regular reviews take place throughout SCE Worldwide Studios, ensuring that the resources that we have in such a competitive landscape can create and produce high quality, innovative and commercially viable projects.
As part of this process we have reviewed and assessed all current projects and plans for the short and medium term and have decided to make some changes to the European studios structure.
As a result, it has been decided that Evolution Studio will close.
It is regrettable that this decision will lead to compulsory redundancies. We accept that this decision will mean that we risk losing high calibre staff but by focusing on other Studios that already have exciting new projects in development we believe we will be in a stronger position going forward and able to offer the best possible content of the highest quality for our consumers.

https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/712301974847397888

https://twitter.com/PhenomEvolution/status/712302746825842688

Itchy Tony Manero
Mar 29, 2010

SA: GlitterBob PSN: GlitterBob

I got this from the PSN Easter sale. I'm not particularly good but I have a basic understanding of what a racing line is and try not to crash into others in every corner.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So what DLC should I buy for this?

I only have the base game and for whatever reason, there are two differently priced season passes showing up on the store. I'd like to ideally grab the correct one as well as the bikes upgrade but I have no idea if any of the other content is worth it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How many Fame levels does each car have?

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

I said come in! posted:

How many Fame levels does each car have?

15 I think. Once you get that sweet, sweet chrome paint you're all set.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Am I missing something, or some setting with this game? The handling and braking seems very disconnected and floaty. I really am having a hard time controlling cars in this game.

The last racing game I seriously played were the Forzas on 360, and I wasnt nearly as terrible at them as I am at this game.

What am I missing (aside from skill obvs)?

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Am I missing something, or some setting with this game? The handling and braking seems very disconnected and floaty. I really am having a hard time controlling cars in this game.

The last racing game I seriously played were the Forzas on 360, and I wasnt nearly as terrible at them as I am at this game.

What am I missing (aside from skill obvs)?

Try enabling hardcore handling in settings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Anybody still playing this game? If so feel free to send me a club invite. PSN is ratbert90

• Locked thread